Options

The [GIF] thread is mourning Stephen Wilhite by arguing about pronunciation (nsf56k)

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

It's the dial that makes this genius.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I looked at that thing with the flamingos too long and now i'm all sweaty and dirty and I don't know where I am

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Is that not a regular occurrence?

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I looked at that thing with the flamingos too long and now i'm all sweaty and dirty and I don't know where I am

You're in hell, like the rest of us.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

ow my mind

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Blast from the past. Sound

I used to borrow these from my local library on VHS when I was a kid, five at a time.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Old Hollywood bloopers. Sound on.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Blast from the past. Sound

I used to borrow these from my local library on VHS when I was a kid, five at a time.

TierZoo uses a version of this as their outro music.

It had been bugging me for YEARS trying to place where I knew that tune from. Thankfully this forum helped me figure it out. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Sound on for this, but the ending is a bit loud.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Old Hollywood bloopers. Sound on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ATbHAO8S7w

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Sound on for this, but the ending is a bit loud.

needs more astronomia

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Good boy. Get the dumb prank toy out of the water.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    pitbull don't give a fuck, woulda done the same thing to a real gator

• Options
    Sound

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    what no fuck you I thought I understood roughly how shit worked in this stupid fucking planet fuck you

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Jesus Christ how many times do you think they had to recut and retie those strings to get them the perfect length for that?

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I don't know

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    what no fuck you I thought I understood roughly how shit worked in this stupid fucking planet fuck you
    wzd3D3n.jpg

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    That doesn't look THAT hard, it's suspended by the middle string and can't fall towards the heavy side it wants to fall towards because the corner strings are keeping it from flipping that direction.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    That doesn't look THAT hard, it's suspended by the middle string and can't fall towards the heavy side it wants to fall towards because the corner strings are keeping it from flipping that direction.

Hmm, it's a step further than the models which use three strings to hold the "floating" piece centralised across both the X and Y planes of movement, the design in the gif has a LOT more freedom of movement of the top piece.

02d1eabef2de3c783995a34692b785bb.jpg

• Options

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    As44qVj.gif

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

Hmm, it's a step further than the models which use three strings to hold the "floating" piece centralised across both the X and Y planes of movement, the design in the gif has a LOT more freedom of movement of the top piece.

02d1eabef2de3c783995a34692b785bb.jpg

Half Life 3 confirmed?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    That string gif makes perfect sense to me so long as I don't think about it even for a moment, like gravity

• Options
    Its just magnets tho.

The force of the magnets repels the two structures.

The force of the string holds them in place, making the top structure appear to float.

Thats it.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Theres no magnets

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Its just magnets tho.

Prove it
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Theres no magnets

Prove it

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    The middle string is supporting all of the weight and causing the separation that Bedlam thinks is being generated by a magnet. The outside strings are basically for stabilization.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    The middle string is supporting all of the weight and causing the separation that Bedlam thinks is being generated by a magnet. The outside strings are basically for stabilization.

Like, I can draw a rough force diagram to explain what's going on there, and I think it's very clever in principle. I just hate looking at it. Ape Brain is not pleased with anything that's going on in this picture.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Magic, got it

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Its just magnets tho.

Prove it
    The wobble. The gravity is trying to pull the structure down. The magnets are trying to repel the structures. The strings are holding everything in place. The forces are equal so it looks like its floating.

MAGNETS!

MAGNETS!

magnet-gif-6.gif

MAG...Nope! Nope! Thats an eldritch horror!

Bedlam on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    w hat does any of this have to do with corgi gifs

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    When you think about it gravity is just magnetism between things that have mass.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I'm familiar with those building toys. There's no magnets in that contraption.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    there are no magnets, it's just hanging from the middle string and being kept from toppling over by the corner strings.

BahamutZERO.gif