As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [GIF] thread is mourning Stephen Wilhite by arguing about pronunciation (nsf56k)

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    "nope, I was wrong, doesn't fit"

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Skeith wrote: »
    Sound on

play stupid games, win stupid prizes

If this wasn't the kind of daft shit you were getting up to as a kid, you were missing out.

Only difference now is that everyone has a camera.

This prevailing attitude towards courting injury is the primary reason I was content to spend the majority of my childhood indoors reading.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C25l1SkYzb0

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    It's a circus elephant trick, that's her trainer next to her :/

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Should've kept the hat

What's he going to do about it?

• Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    It's a circus elephant trick, that's her trainer next to her :/

Well now I'm sad

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited June 2020

It's the gif that keeps on giving.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    What in the fuck business does that dude have with a trailer and a forklift when he doesn't know proper operation of either?

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    No idea, it's real funny though.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Best guess is the lift is a rental

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    You ever look at somebody and wonder how they made it to adulthood without losing a limb? That's what I'm getting from that gif. Sound on this one by the way.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    A shitload of gifs, lots of fun papercraft, and jokes:

https://imgur.com/gallery/vFko3q7

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Look at the little dude go!

https://youtu.be/gqg3l3r_DRI

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

what i love about this is how it's just a wall that goes to the ceiling. Like, what's the end goal here, anyway? What are you going to do up there, spider-cat?

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Ghost up there. Have to catch ghost.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Cats are just as likely to help a ghost/demon as they are to try to drive it off or ignore it entirely. They're wildcards.

If you want a domesticated animal that will charge a dangerous outsider entity you need to get yourself a dachshund.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    A shitload of gifs, lots of fun papercraft, and jokes:

https://imgur.com/gallery/vFko3q7

Just this week I learned that the concept of comically misinterpreting song lyrics into something else that mostly makes sense but is silly/funny, has a name

they're called mondegreens! (named after the first recorded instance of the phenomenon)

very fun and cool

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Cats are just as likely to help a ghost/demon as they are to try to drive it off or ignore it entirely. They're wildcards.

If you want a domesticated animal that will charge a dangerous outsider entity you need to get yourself a dachshund.

How about a Foo Dog?

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    It's weird, because neither babies nor butterflies are very punk rock by themselves.

Put them together, though...

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options

Geologists

• Options
    they're showing less concern picking up molten rock than i do picking up dog poop

• Options
    tbf if i was wearing full body hazmat while picking up dog poop I'd probably be less gingerish about it too.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    they're showing less concern picking up molten rock than i do picking up dog poop
    How much PPE you wear when picking up dog poop? :rotate:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    those are definitely just standard hiking boots'

Also apparently those are just regular ass pants and a long sleeve top
    Facing intense heat which can blister the skin just by being close in proximity to it, the geologists usually just wear boots, insulated gloves, long sleeves and a sun-shading hat to protect them from the volcanic eruptions.

The scientists, from the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory (HVO), can only spend just 20 seconds scooping the burning orange out at a time because of the danger involved.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    shush don't expose my dog poop cowardice

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    How much PPE you wear when picking up dog poop? :rotate:

more than necessary

• Options
    I've definitely been exposed to dog poop more terrifying than lava.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I used to housesit for my grandparents, who had what I'm pretty sure what some kind of part-Pom mixbreed. It was a rescue and they're pretty sure it was abused because it hated any guy that wasn't my grandpa (and if you put a ballcap on, it would go absolutely batshit)

Anyway, I saw the dog a lot and it recognized and tolerated me, but clearly didn't like me. It knew where in the house I was when I stayed over to housesit because it would usually sleep in the same room, but without fail it would make no effort to wake me up in the morning when it had to go to the bathroom. Instead it would just relieve itself wherever in the house it felt like (usually on the carpet 2 feet away from the tile). This never, ever happened when my grandparents were there.

The "best" time was when I woke up to a truly evil stench and found the worst dog diarrhea I could have imagined, all over the carpet (again, mere feet from the much easier to clean tile). It had obviously been there just long enough to dry, but not long enough for the smell to dissipate. Cleaning that up was the closest I ever came to throwing up from poop, and to be honest it makes me gag a little just thinking about it now.

There's no point to this story, except that I sure wish I'd had a suit like that geologist to deal with it.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I unironically think gas masks, or at least respirators, should be part of your basic household kit for all kinds of reasons and cleaning up stuff like that is one of them

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Other reasons include: gas masks and respirators look cool.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I unironically think gas masks, or at least respirators, should be part of your basic household kit for all kinds of reasons and cleaning up stuff like that is one of them

wait do respirators filter out the smell of poop?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    at the risk of becoming army story guy: the barracks dishwasher broke, yet the light went on when you pressed it, so every morning whoever was cleaning the kitchen would simply go "oh, dirty dishes in here" and turn it on. Repeat until we go for the long summer Leave. So when we get back, the stuff inside that dishwasher had been growing there for maybe two months. I could swear I heard it snarling at me.

Eventually two guys gathered every cleaning product with a warning label we could find, put on gas masks, and brought a rifle in case whatever in there started fighting back.

Gas masks are indeed a useful household item.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Thor is a pretty cool dad.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    the new Oslo Public Library (Deichman bibliotek)

https://www.nrk.no/kultur/xl/anmeldelse_-deichman-bjorvika-1.15050036

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

filters filter everything, that's what a filter does!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

filters filter everything, that's what a filter does!

I'm not sure the science behind this is sound

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Smell is via airborne particles of whatever you're smelling entering your nose.
    If you're filtering stuff out of the air, that's going to filter out the smell, too.