Options

[Chat]ar. Guitar [chat]. A [chat] with a theme of the fretted instrument called guitar.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    all your virgin are belong to us

Our virtuous maidens are being stolen!
    d3462x44iao3.jpg

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    "Cats" couldn’t overcome ferocious reviews and arrived at the Jellicle ball in fourth place with just $6.5 million in ticket sales, and did little to instill optimism at the international box office, kicking off in the United Kingdom and Ireland with $4.4 million.
    There's no justice

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    *Looks at wedding ring*

*thinks about free pizza*

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    "Cats" couldn’t overcome ferocious reviews and arrived at the Jellicle ball in fourth place with just $6.5 million in ticket sales, and did little to instill optimism at the international box office, kicking off in the United Kingdom and Ireland with $4.4 million.
    There's no justice

I'm amazed it made that much. I suppose the morbid curiosity vote worked in its favour.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Watching a show with David Cheng and Kate McKinnon inCambodia, and she seems very affected in her personality and disposition.

Like, a drama kid in high school who never stopped being that.

She is also hilarious and brilliant, but I never ever once feel like she is truly relaxed or out of character.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2019
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    The ultrasound technician was being really cagey about her findings just now

I hope that’s just her respecting HIPAA instead of not wanting to be the first to tell me I have something wrong

It’s my experience that ultrasound technicians never tell you anything. Maybe they want to wait till the doctor who examines it makes the diagnosis?

1000 times this.

Techs get in serious shit if they diagnose anything and communicate that to the patient.

edit: shit, didn't see it was you, Atomika - you know this...

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

the bit where she orders in French because the barrista said "Bonjour" instead of "Bonjour, Hi".

Mwa (chef's kiss)

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Why did you move the Canada

Did you move all of it?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Even scrolling to the top I'm not sure why that is number 120

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Did you move all of it?

just the bit containing Quebec.

• Options
    I have bought

a bought a lot of scotch.

I went for one from each of the main scotch regions.

I would get more but there’s a limit on how much you can bring back to the US apparently

importing liquor is definitely a thing you can get in trouble for.

When I traveled to Bolivia I was allowed 2 liters of import and export.

It was something they actually checked for

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    I have bought

I would get more but there’s a limit on how much you can bring back to the US apparently

They don't check for any liquids inside your body

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

Did you move all of it?

FINALLY

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Good morning

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNClpXXb7cw
    At the end of the thread, I have to post piano, the sequel to the guitar

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »

Did you move all of it?

FINALLY

:S

what do you mean, finally?

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNClpXXb7cw
    At the end of the thread, I have to post piano, the sequel to the guitar

the lack of meaningful time signatures is fucking with me.

And with all those sharps and shit that clearly needed to not be in a C key. There is shorthand for this stuff!

3/10 sheet music, IMO.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Watching a show with David Cheng and Kate McKinnon inCambodia, and she seems very affected in her personality and disposition.

Like, a drama kid in high school who never stopped being that.

She is also hilarious and brilliant, but I never ever once feel like she is truly relaxed or out of character.

This is exactly what I dislike about McKinnon.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    So it looks like I may be admitted to the hospital for more testing, with a chance of having gallbladder surgery

• Options
    Along the shore the cloud waves break

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    The twin suns sink behind the lake

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Well I missed Eddie Murphy on SNL last night. Drank a little and fell asleep.

Here is a really good Conan bit.
    https://youtu.be/SfjLRuE1CLw

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Just caught TCM's Remember 'commercial' where they list out all the actors and film makers who have passed throughout the year and ooof that hurt.

Right after though was this Americanized 3 kings short film which is worth watching for the opening at least I think. It's just so blatantly on the nose.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JGszZ7AakE
    The film was Siegel's directorial debut, and won an Oscar in 1946 for Best Short Subject (Two-Reel).

Qanamil on
  • Options
    The shadows lengthen

• Options
    In Carcosa

• Options
    9rhzlx2295yc.png

This is a screenshot from an upcoming video game fucking hell

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    So it looks like I may be admitted to the hospital for more testing, with a chance of having gallbladder surgery

What is it about this month and us [chat]ters getting absolutely fucked healthwise?

• Options
    Microsoft needs to partner with a really good force feedback flight controls maker, and a top flight VR headset maker, so that this game, for less than 4-5 grand all in, would be the best cockpit simulator ever made.

Didn’t even realize I wanted that until I saw this screenshot, but I don’t want to play this I want to be there

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Sending thousands of text messages in a day fills me with immense power

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I have bought

importing liquor is definitely a thing you can get in trouble for.

When I traveled to Bolivia I was allowed 2 liters of import and export.

It was something they actually checked for

From what we’ve been told, the limit is 5 liters. Which I will just be under
    E: I just double checked CBP website and it appears that there has been a big change since I last went through only months ago - there is a 1 liter duty free limit.
    ———
    So, do what you need to do to feel safe, but recently I looked this up (for very similar reasons Scotch from Scotland is v. good), and there didn’t appear to be a volume limit where you start to pay import taxes, just that you cannot be importing it for commercial purposes. If it’s over the $800 of allowance, then you must declare.

If asked directly always be honest, “I have brought back some whisky.” If they ask how much, “X bottles.” Etc.

The main thing they’re looking for is cash, jewelry, etc.

It’s not like Australia where they’re very strict about alcohol import limits.

thatassemblyguy on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    charles ives doesn't do "keys"

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Any video games that you replay this time of year because its story/setting is during the holidays? I tend to play batman arkham origins every december because it's set on christmas eve/day.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Am at Parents house for proper Crimbo

• Options
    Microsoft needs to partner with a really good force feedback flight controls maker, and a top flight VR headset maker, so that this game, for less than 4-5 grand all in, would be the best cockpit simulator ever made.

Didn’t even realize I wanted that until I saw this screenshot, but I don’t want to play this I want to be there

For that same dollar value you could do flight lessons

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    wait he isn't dead
    shia surprise

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

What is it about this month and us [chat]ters getting absolutely fucked healthwise?

2019 is a cruel and malicious bitch, desperate to extract every last ounce of suffering from her subjects before her reign ends

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    @Kamiro ^^ updated

This discussion has been closed.