As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Sea Fox merchants buy PGI lostech using Terra-based shell company

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Oh hell yes. I am absolutely here for a UE4 MWLL2. Hopefully they can build a MWLL that isn't running off of tin cans, string, bubblegum, and duct tape.

This is the #1-with-a-bullet thing that will get me into a redone MWLL. I hope beyond hope that PGI did just enough with MW5 to enable it as a platform for future-going projects like this, and it looks like that hope's not completely misplaced.

Then again, of course the MWLL2 dev tweet shows off aerospace footage. *spits*

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    Is there an advantage to nascaring in MWO that I am not seeing? Been playing an assault lately and it most just seems to result in my ass getting melted while trying to keep up

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Comahawk wrote: »
    Is there an advantage to nascaring in MWO that I am not seeing? Been playing an assault lately and it most just seems to result in my ass getting melted while trying to keep up
    No, there isn't.

That's why we make fun and complain about it all the time here.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm slowly starting to watch some B33F videos and the guy certainly had some ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jes9NbrPlNU

A Stalker with weapons on one side and nothing on the other. A sword and shield, as it were.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Comahawk wrote: »

Only if your team has a lot of mediums and lights to chew their Assaults and Heavies faster than their team. Or if your entire team actually stays together and NASCAR together making a rolling murder ball NASCAR.

Like Hendroid said (and you did) only to complain about getting left behind as an Assault and eaten alive.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    The advantage of NASCAR is that it is a aggressive flanking maneuver that can overwhelm a few isolated mechs and trigger the snowball.

The problem is that it’s never planned, it’s learned behavior because players learn they can’t trust their teammates.

• Options
    Something that can sort of curb NASCARing is if you're piloting the lighter mechs and hang back with your Assaults, rather than charging ahead full speed. When not every light / medium isn't charging forward, the rest tend to lose their nerve. I say tend to; sometimes people are SO SET on NASCARing that they just absolutely do not give a shit. Some of them even try to do it solo.

• Options
    I just tried PPCs since the patch landed. They feel so bad to use with that cooldown, fuck my life.

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    I just tried PPCs since the patch landed. They feel so bad to use with that cooldown, fuck my life.

They are a mixed bag. I've done some matches in my Vapor Eagle where I do some insane damage to mechs while other matches that cool down really does hurt me. I do know that a 2 ERPPC Urziel still sucks though. Saw a lot of ERPPC (2) Warhammers and (3) Thunderbolts in matches that I never saw before.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Like I get their utility (taking down ECM for a bit and their range), but their heat output is so bad, and their cooldown keeps them from being a meaningful damage source.

As an aside, almost none of my PPC shots were counting as hits on moving targets. I think they fucked the netcode up for them when increasing the velocity.

• Options
    Like I get their utility (taking down ECM for a bit and their range), but their heat output is so bad, and their cooldown keeps them from being a meaningful damage source.

As an aside, almost none of my PPC shots were counting as hits on moving targets. I think they fucked the netcode up for them when increasing the velocity.

To be honest, hitting a moving target with PPCs before this change was hard enough for the code.

Also my SnubPPC Spider is still somewhat scary.... The cooldown actually helps me from overheating.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

To be honest, hitting a moving target with PPCs before this change was hard enough for the code.

Also my SnubPPC Spider is still somewhat scary.... The cooldown actually helps me from overheating.
    This right here; trigger discipline helps with overheating too. :wink:

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

You know what else helps with overheating?

Structure skill nodes!

Structure! Also known as ablative heat sinks!

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options

Pfft, trigger discipline is for Pros. Us Oosiks overheat, shut down, then magically get ignored since people think you are dead. Then power back up in time to sneak off shoot them in the back causing them to turn around and start the dance all over again.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    3xLPPC Spider is where it's at.

• Options

I noticed on my Snub PPC Awesome that several moving mechs I shot just had the PPCs go right through them.

Something does seem broken.

• Options

Pfft, trigger discipline is for Pros. Us Oosiks overheat, shut down, then magically get ignored since people think you are dead. Then power back up in time to sneak off shoot them in the back causing them to turn around and start the dance all over again.
    Damn you're right. I haven't been properly Oosiking.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    The advantage of NASCAR is that it is a aggressive flanking maneuver that can overwhelm a few isolated mechs and trigger the snowball.

The problem is that it’s never planned, it’s learned behavior because players learn they can’t trust their teammates.
    Yeah, it's a natural consequence of "well they have a firing line set up and peeking will just get me shot, but what if I go around to the side where I only need to face a couple of mechs instead?". Except then both sides do it and the slow mechs get eaten alive.

It's why counter NASCAR will usually work, you're moving your firing line to face the incoming flankers.

I find it hard to fault rotato potato, because it's a natural counter to a firing line (and peeking will lose against a firing line every time) and because most people are playing with 11 other randos so the best course of action is always to follow the group.
    Well, I lie, the best course of action is for someone to take command and react to what the enemy is doing, but I sure as fuck won't do it so I can't blame others for not doing it either.

• Options
    Glal wrote: »

Yeah, it's a natural consequence of "well they have a firing line set up and peeking will just get me shot, but what if I go around to the side where I only need to face a couple of mechs instead?". Except then both sides do it and the slow mechs get eaten alive.

It's why counter NASCAR will usually work, you're moving your firing line to face the incoming flankers.

I find it hard to fault rotato potato, because it's a natural counter to a firing line (and peeking will lose against a firing line every time) and because most people are playing with 11 other randos so the best course of action is always to follow the group.
    Well, I lie, the best course of action is for someone to take command and react to what the enemy is doing, but I sure as fuck won't do it so I can't blame others for not doing it either.

I also blame map design and game type for helping to foster it. HPG, Canyon, Hibernal, etc all naturally have circular paths and Domination practically draws the path for you.

• Options
    There's so many strategies people don't employ that they could / should. Organized flanks & fallbacks can produce all sorts of results, be it a chase or paranoia in the enemy line. One of my favorite strategies is taking advantage of peoples' horniness for scoring kills and damage points, acting as a decoy while my team can push with the enemies' backs turned.

• Options
    Oh definitely. One of my favorite, for example, is holding the Echo line on Mining Collective Domination where the side who spawns with Echo line on the left holds that choke point while their fast lights and mediums cross the center.

• Options
    I forgot to mention a great pilot yesterday. Saw him in two matches and he complained about getting shot from behind from friendly fire. The first match I didn't die, but the second one I died halfway through it since I was not paying attention to the team kills and thought that we were down to the last 3 mechs (we only killed 5 of them) so I hopped down and was brawling in the middle of their pack as a Firestarter. Anyways, not pointing out my great mind for tactics (it wasn't) this guy once again whines about people shooting him in the back so I hop over to witness him. He's piloting a 2RAC2, 4SL, 1 MG Marauder. He opens up firing the RAC2s and then waddles towards the enemy to fire of his SL and MGs... and leg humps the enemy. No wonder everybody is shooting him in the back! He did this twice so I understood why people kept on shooting him in the back. I mean I've done that numerous times in my Lights, but that's so I can go under the torso mounted weapons, but never seen it in a Heavy.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I forgot to mention a great pilot yesterday. Saw him in two matches and he complained about getting shot from behind from friendly fire. The first match I didn't die, but the second one I died halfway through it since I was not paying attention to the team kills and thought that we were down to the last 3 mechs (we only killed 5 of them) so I hopped down and was brawling in the middle of their pack as a Firestarter. Anyways, not pointing out my great mind for tactics (it wasn't) this guy once again whines about people shooting him in the back so I hop over to witness him. He's piloting a 2RAC2, 4SL, 1 MG Marauder. He opens up firing the RAC2s and then waddles towards the enemy to fire of his SL and MGs... and leg humps the enemy. No wonder everybody is shooting him in the back! He did this twice so I understood why people kept on shooting him in the back. I mean I've done that numerous times in my Lights, but that's so I can go under the torso mounted weapons, but never seen it in a Heavy.

Yeah, I noticed many of the loudest people in this game are just terrible at playing it. Reported an Aussy last night for dropping an N-bomb.

Although, yesterday I had a teammate full on alpha me in the back and wipe out most of my torso mounted weapons. I just stopped and let them enemy kill me, then logged out. It was the cherry on a 10 loss night due to bad teams/my own stupidity in some cases.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Every time I hear about toxicity in Mechwarrior Online, I just go back and rewatch the greatness that is Ohfar from TheB33f's "Salty Comms" 1 and 2 videos.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Every time I hear about toxicity in Mechwarrior Online, I just go back and rewatch the greatness that is Ohfar from TheB33f's "Salty Comms" 1 and 2 videos.

I don't see much of it anymore which is why it stands out in my mind. So I revamped my Light Gauss Phoenix Hawk to have a regular Gauss and 2 ERSL for the laughs. Yeah, I suck at Gauss. HAHAHAHA! Although I did manage to do 250 damage in that match. I did also try it as a 2ERPPC Phoenix Hawk which was not as bad.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Playing with comms off has freed me from most of the toxicity in the game.

• Options
    Saw an even funnier build. UM-63 that was running 2 Light PPCs, 1 Snub Nose PPC, 2 (I think) MGs at 97KPH.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Last match to finish the event. Only needed 9 damage so figured I would take out Sarah's Jenner to get that damage and call it good (plus skill it up). I redid it long ago to have the meta of 4 ML, JJs and DHS. When I got a whole lot more mechs I reverted it back to stock. Oddly one of the patches redid the stock loadout and replaced 2ML with 2ERML. Fixed that back and took it out for a spin.

Stupid Piranha thought he could dual against my teammate's Wolfhound. He quickly found out that 2SSRM2s mess him up quickly. 37 skill points into this mech, but I think I did good enough to finish the event.
    event_complete.jpg

Ok, so I went a bit overboard. Mechs just stood there so I had to shoot them right?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    TRIPLE COMBO POST!!!
    Greetings MechWarriors!

We are very excited to announce the May 27th release date for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Xbox Series S and X, Xbox One, GoG and Steam (PC). The first DLC, "Heroes of the Inner Sphere" will release at the same time. For more information, please see the press release HERE. We look forward to sharing more information and media in the weeks to come!

Thank you,
    The MechWarrior Team

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Second day in a row of shitty teams and being put into the light lance as an assault, I have uninstalled MWO. I have rage quit for the last time.

• Options
    You'll be back. We all come back. It's a curse.

• Options
    I get those moods though. Sometimes a game isn't a good fit.

• Options
    Sometimes it’s best to take a break.

If/when you come back feel free to hit up the thread for groups.

• Options
    monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    There were two whole other pages of challenges with redeems for the current event I didn't know about. I thought it was just the loot bags!

• Options
    edited March 2021
    monkeykins wrote: »
    There were two whole other pages of challenges with redeems for the current event I didn't know about. I thought it was just the loot bags!

At least you found them before they went dormant. One of the bonuses of MWO... Forgetting to click on all the event links/pages. So annoying sometimes, but us old salty bitter MechWarriors remember and forget to warn others to check all the pockets pages to redeem everything. Thanks for posting a reminder to check all the pages.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I don't really understand why they don't get auto-claimed.

• Options
    Glal wrote: »
    I don't really understand why they don't get auto-claimed.

PGI. 'nuff said.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    Holy smackaroni. Just did a new PR for damage. Mist Lynx G.
    1,204 damage. Won the match with one HSL left.
    Also just noticed the MLXG has garbage armor on the right torso?!

• Options
    Fun discovery about the ppc patch:

CERPPC has splash damage, previously it was something like 10/5 for damage.

It was discovered recently that the splash damage had a percentage component to it, which was edited incorrectly under the assumption that it was “Splash damage” not “splash percent.”

In other words, instead of one CERPPC now being 12/6, it’s 12/8 (actually it’s fractional, about 19.2 total damage per shot). May seem like a minor difference, but it will add up over the course of a game and is a good reason why certain people shouldn’t be touching the XMLs.

• Options
    Fun discovery about the ppc patch:

CERPPC has splash damage, previously it was something like 10/5 for damage.

It was discovered recently that the splash damage had a percentage component to it, which was edited incorrectly under the assumption that it was “Splash damage” not “splash percent.”

In other words, instead of one CERPPC now being 12/6, it’s 12/8 (actually it’s fractional, about 19.2 total damage per shot). May seem like a minor difference, but it will add up over the course of a game and is a good reason why certain people shouldn’t be touching the XMLs.

Oh boy... Even more reason to equip the CERPPCs since that is crazy additional damage.

oosik_betsuni.png