As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Sea Fox merchants buy PGI lostech using Terra-based shell company

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    Using science I've confirmed this patch is good.
    MEMECRAB
    5for9y6dhks7.jpg
    cbkwmfztt64n.jpg
    1820 projectile speed feels excellent. Parts fell off of mechs almost every shot I took.

Hibernal actually looks fucking rad now.

My one complaint is they didn't patch out the guy yelling on mic about how we all suck and deserve to lose. Maybe next patch?

Anyone have any idea how I did 1 team damage when the only thing I shot was HPPCs the entire game? Maybe I stepped on someone's toe.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Yeah, given the guy in question I can 100% believe this though.

When you have not one but two negative experiences in a game named after you, maybe it’s time to reconsider careers.

Two negative experiences named after someone? Do tell.

Getting Chris’ed: losing a side torso and dying to instant overheat.

Chrissiles: buffed LRMs
    This is the first time I've heard either of those terms.

They show up in the discussions in factions and comp

• Options
    RawrBear wrote: »
    Using science I've confirmed this patch is good.
    MEMECRAB
    5for9y6dhks7.jpg
    cbkwmfztt64n.jpg
    1820 projectile speed feels excellent. Parts fell off of mechs almost every shot I took.

Hibernal actually looks fucking rad now.

My one complaint is they didn't patch out the guy yelling on mic about how we all suck and deserve to lose. Maybe next patch?

Anyone have any idea how I did 1 team damage when the only thing I shot was HPPCs the entire game? Maybe I stepped on someone's toe.

Rubbing legs will count as team damage if you do it enough.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I realize that Chris has been the one who was outed for making the ST and LRM changes that everybody hates, but this time I think I am leaning towards PGI is making him the scapegoat on this one. PGI wants me to believe that they have a completely rogue employee who is the only one who can make changes, doesn't report to anybody above him, AND they let these changes sit for 4 days in the public without reversing them. Right. If PGI is indeed telling the truth and it is a rogue Chris, they have a bigger problem than patch change suggestions getting ignored.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    I don’t think PGI has outright stated it was a rogue Chris but they’ve left enough hints to suggest it.

• Options
    I don’t think PGI has outright stated it was a rogue Chris but they’ve left enough hints to suggest it.

I did think about it... PGI has noted that in the past there was pretty much just one person working on the code (who left) and that's why they are in the bind they are now... So perhaps it is true that Chris is the only one who can decipher the rat's nest of code?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    There's an ointment to clear up a mild to moderate case of Chrissiles.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »

Then there's PGI's solution. Temp ban.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Fun fact, the dude got perma’ed after that.

• Options

Fun fact, the dude got perma’ed after that.

Wait, B33f got perma banned after that? So he's (and all his alts) are now gone?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    B33f was just playing in the “hunt a streamer” thing I thought.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    He's also scheduled to start his MWO patch stream in under 9 minutes (from now)

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Might be talking about Chaotic Harmony?

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    B33f was just playing in the “hunt a streamer” thing I thought.
    Yeah I remembered he did that under both of his accounts (at least the potty one and his main).
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    He's also scheduled to start his MWO patch stream in under 9 minutes (from now)
    Oh boy.
    Glal wrote: »
    Might be talking about Chaotic Harmony?
    Ah ok, don't know who that is so probably.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Chaotic Harmony got perma-banned for 'aiming to ruin the hunt a streamer event', apparently. In that a couple streamers complained to PGI that this is what he was going to do, while CH maintains he was dropping in a 4-man with a co-ordinated LRM-based team to show how the matchmaking right now was very not fun for single players, not to mess with the hunt-a-streamer event.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Chaotic Harmony got perma-banned for 'aiming to ruin the hunt a streamer event', apparently. In that a couple streamers complained to PGI that this is what he was going to do, while CH maintains he was dropping in a 4-man with a co-ordinated LRM-based team to show how the matchmaking right now was very not fun for single players, not to mess with the hunt-a-streamer event.

Ohhhh, ok. I thought that B33f did an all LRM team and got temp banned as well. So maybe I was confusing him with this Chaotic Harmony person.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    30 new posts, Jesus did somebody die? o.o

• Options
    Phil "Sean Lang" just died for telling people in his stream not to be mad at people for not wearing masks and to let people live their own lives and take their own risks. Does that count?

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Phil "Sean Lang" just died for telling people in his stream not to be mad at people for not wearing masks and to let people live their own lives and take their own risks. Does that count?
    I dunno who that is but they fucking suck.

Like not even in a joking teasing way.

That's the stupidest fucking thing to say during a goddamn pandemic. Because it's not "they're just putting themselves at risk," they're putting everyone around them at risk. What a fucking idiot.

• Options

Ohhhh, ok. I thought that B33f did an all LRM team and got temp banned as well. So maybe I was confusing him with this Chaotic Harmony person.

B33f didn’t get banned as far as I I know.

Chaotic Harmony went off the deep end with the Soup queue change and aimed to make it as painful as possible by running a LRM group in every game he could.

I’m not aware of the full details of the whys, but he was temp banned for the initial streamer hunt (everybody seems to have a different story on this one), and left alone for the second.

Then, from what I was able to gather, he decided to go full “do it you wusses, you don’t have the guts” after a GM told him he was skating on thin ice with reports and that they could choose to permaban but weren’t.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

Glad to know my already-low opinion of this man is calibrated correctly!

Seriously, fuck this guy. Is there anything at NGNG that's redeemably worth engaging with at this point?

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »

Seriously, fuck this guy. Is there anything at NGNG that's redeemably worth engaging with at this point?

Basically Daeron shows up and gives him information about upcoming changes and the like. That’s about it.

• Options
    edited March 2021

Basically Daeron shows up and gives him information about upcoming changes and the like. That’s about it.

The only reason I was in the stream was that Daeron had showed up and was about to start talking about stuff but then THAT bomb dropped and I noped out after telling him that it's not 'fear for one's life', it was wanting to prevent the spread to people in danger, and that telling people 'if you're young and not at risk you do you go out do whatever' is real, real fucking stupid.

I didn't point out that my sub in there was a gift (that I still don't know why I was given I'd not been in there for WEEKS when it dropped what the fuck) after dropping.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options

The only reason I was in the stream was that Daeron had showed up and was about to start talking about stuff but then THAT bomb dropped and I noped out after telling him that it's not 'fear for one's life', it was wanting to prevent the spread to people in dancer, and that telling people 'if you're young and not at risk you do you go out do whatever' is real, real fucking stupid.

I didn't point out that my sub in there was a gift (that I still don't know why I was given I'd not been in there for WEEKS when it dropped what the fuck) after dropping.

Good for you for dropping listening to that, and trying to tell him that.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    got PPCs w/ the velocity buff up to 2640m/s and they feel really good from longer ranges now.

• Options
    got PPCs w/ the velocity buff up to 2640m/s and they feel really good from longer ranges now.
    Damn that's fast. I'm actually happy with the velocity buffs. And it's still possible to anticipate / dodge long range fire too if you're the type to pay attention.

My favorite thing was, last night, playing in Alpine in my Rifleman II. Some Vapor Eagle was trying to PPC me, doing 0 damage, while I just stood there. A couple of his buddies with actual range / enhancements thereof were joining on firing me while I stood on the hill long-tanking, and it was an effective way to get some 3 to 4 people on the enemy team distracted and never firing at the rest of my team (whom they could've done more substantial damage to). Long-range tanking is fucking great.

Sadly, my team didn't catch on to this going on, so they never took advantage of the situation and we lost.

• Options
    monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    Just got 25GSP from a loot bag. Would rather have had the Cbills that it would have cost to exchange XP for SP. Tried outfitting my Flea with a different engine and DHS and ran out of money again.

• Options
    Keep seeing talk of the Gulag PTS hitting in April. It will supposedly just be the weapon and equipment changes.

Nothing official from PGI yet but the response to this patch has so bad that they may be walking on eggshells right now.

• Options
    Keep seeing talk of the Gulag PTS hitting in April. It will supposedly just be the weapon and equipment changes.

Nothing official from PGI yet but the response to this patch has so bad that they may be walking on eggshells right now.

Could also be their typical "no comment" and just wait for things to die down.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    YouTube recommended this to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPg4a6ojj2U

That first match where he just rolls in deleting people one after the other.

• Options
    Ok... Slightly annoyed with all the ERPPCs in the game. Dropped in for a few matches and that's all I see. Took out my 2 ERPPC Vapor Eagle and did 500+ damage. Sheesh....

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    My Corsair got headshot with an AC20 last night. I fell over. It hurt.

• Options
    Your mech fell over.

You were banished to another dimension.

• Options

Saved the mech.

You just reminded me. I shot one person peeking over a hill on Plexus and he died to one salvo from my 6LBXs... Guessing head shot since it was early, but I forgot to check after the match ended.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Gulag PTS details: https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/279590-gulag-pts-is-comingsoon/

Patch notes version of weapon changes: https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1taXSOyqDV07Na_ALd2VeWngk0AGqcOatlpFhxVj8J4w/mobilebasic

Of note, this is based on the pre-March patch build.

• Options
    Gulag PTS details: https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/279590-gulag-pts-is-comingsoon/

Patch notes version of weapon changes: https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1taXSOyqDV07Na_ALd2VeWngk0AGqcOatlpFhxVj8J4w/mobilebasic

Of note, this is based on the pre-March patch build.

Interesting changes and decreasing the TTK (seems like it). This seems to be more aligned with what people were hoping. Wondering if they're leaving the Match patch in place to get some test data.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Possibly. Of note their top level proposal also includes agility, quirk, and mech scale changes but those are not included in this version.

• Options
    monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    Got my grasshopper so now there are about 5001.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Also, apparently MWLL 2 is coming on UE4

Nobody on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Oh hell yes. I am absolutely here for a UE4 MWLL2. Hopefully they can build a MWLL that isn't running off of tin cans, string, bubblegum, and duct tape.

wWuzwvJ.png