As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Game of the year, everybody! :o

IluXnst.png

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I am actually quite excited for TMS to be released. I did buy it for the WiiU but once this was released I stopped messing with the WiiU at all so I ended up playing it for a couple hours and then sold it. Being portable will make playing through much easier. :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Guess I really should just stop meandering with sidequests and finish DQ11 already so I can start TMS with a clear conscience.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    TMS is out in two days? Oh my! I'm so excited to finally dive into that game. Guess I can buy it for myself as a belated birthday/graduating with my PhD present.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    TMS is out in two days? Oh my! I'm so excited to finally dive into that game. Guess I can buy it for myself as a belated birthday/graduating with my PhD present.

Congrats!

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

Congrats!

Thanks! It only took 7 years of my life and more frustration than I thought was humanly possible, but it's done now and I can get an adult job after being a student into my 30s haha.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Looks like Sega Ages Sonic 2 is coming and will include Knuckles mode.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/01/sega-ages-sonic-the-hedgehog-2-includes-knuckles-in-sonic-2

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/01/sega-ages-sonic-the-hedgehog-2-includes-knuckles-in-sonic-2

Which just makes whatever weird problem is up with Sonic 3 even more noticeable.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Bioshock collection on Switch? Shouldn't be much longer before Fallout Collection gets announced then.

*checks watch*

Any minute now...

*checks watch again*

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    *finger on monkey paw curls*

"...and that's why it brings us great pleasure to bring you Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel: Reforged Edition, available for download now on your Nintendo Switch!"

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Bioshock collection on Switch? Shouldn't be much longer before Fallout Collection gets announced then.

*checks watch*

Any minute now...

*checks watch again*

Yes plz, i'd play Fallout on my Switch

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Anyone tried SAO: Hollow Realization on the Switch? It's currently 20 bucks and I was curious if it was worthwhile playing on a Switch Lite.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Which just makes whatever weird problem is up with Sonic 3 even more noticeable.

One of ATgames recent releases included S&K alone without S3, so that would be the next step of weirdness.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Bioware's been hinting at a possible Mass Effect trilogy remaster, that'd be great on the Switch as well

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    There's been nothing in gaming more frustrating for me than how much I want to love Hollow Knight, but every fiber of its metroidvania DNA takes the parts of my brain that experience fun and lights them on fire.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Bioware's been hinting at a possible Mass Effect trilogy remaster, that'd be great on the Switch as well

That would require EA to actually care about the Switch.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

It is quite shocking how much EA apparently hates making money.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020

That would require EA to actually care about Mass Effect.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    TMS is 100% my next RPG after I finish DQXI, but Pokemon hijacked my DQXI steam and isn't giving it back anytime soon. I'll need to start carving out time for it like I did Xenoblade 2.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Anyone tried SAO: Hollow Realization on the Switch? It's currently 20 bucks and I was curious if it was worthwhile playing on a Switch Lite.

I don't know that specific game but I've only ever heard "bad licensed cash-in" things about SAO games before.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

After ME3's ending and Andromeda's reception, EA might think that Mass Effect isn't the money-maker it used to be.

And Mass Effect most likely never made FIFA money even when it was at the height of its popularity, so why bother when they could be making more FIFA instead?

• Options

After ME3's ending and Andromeda's reception, EA might think that Mass Effect isn't the money-maker it used to be.

Ah yes, EA is studying from the Namco Bandai Guide to Misreading the Market 101.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Alternatively, hating Nintendo is justvin the company's DNA.

As I recall, Trip Hawkins detested the NES, and they only ever started bringing games to the platform due to pressure from investors.

Now, any time EA starts to consider supporting Nintendo, the spectre of Trip rises from its resting place, forcing yet another internal argument they must try to overcome.

He's clearly winning at the moment.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Mass Effect Trilogy on Wii U was so freaking great.

So many rounds of horde mode on the gamepad.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options

Nentonto Smash Direct starting in 30.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited January 2020

And Mass Effect most likely never made FIFA money even when it was at the height of its popularity, so why bother when they could be making more FIFA instead?

I mean, they did care enough that EA basically forced Bioware to make Andromeda even after they were, by all accounts, thoroughly Mass Effect'd out and wanted to make a new shooter (what would later become Anthem), with the results that making creatives continue past the point where they give a shit ALWAYS has and that suits somehow seem to always be blindsided by.

So of course the obvious read here is that "well, if this team that is tired of doing this series has put out a game that was unpopular, obviously the series is done forever and it will never be popular again, kill it".

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

Nentonto Smash Direct starting in 30.

Nentonto plz

Also.... did I just see a Campbell's Chunky Soup ad featuring Hungrybox and his mom?

Reality isn't real.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Meh?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Finally! A Fire Emblem character!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options

The thing I am most excited for is that it's a character who wields a sword, that combat style is underrepresented in Smash.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Mass Effect Trilogy on Wii U was so freaking great.

So many rounds of horde mode on the gamepad.

It would have been, but alas we only got Mass Effect 3 for the Wii U. We did get it around the same time the Mass Effect Trilogy released on other platform's, which probably didn't help ME3 Wii U's performance.

But I agree, the multiplayer was a surprising amount of fun. I don't really care for online mulitplayer shooters, but I spent quite some time on ME3's multiplayer.

• Options
    Fire Emblem Bros.

Smash Emblem.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I mean if they wanted more sword boys so bad Rex is RIGHT THERE.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    If they had to go Three Houses, Edelgard's signature weapon is an Axe, Dimitri has a Lance, and Claude's got the Bow.

They didn't have to go with another sword person.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I mean if they wanted more sword boys so bad Rex is RIGHT THERE.

Mythra/Pyra swapping out Pokemon Trainer style imo. But yes.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

The thing I am most excited for is that it's a character who wields a sword, that combat style is underrepresented in Smash.

I do enjoy that they kind of acknowledged that..

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    If they had to go Three Houses, Edelgard's signature weapon is an Axe, Dimitri has a Lance, and Claude's got the Bow.

Well they gave Byleth the other's weapons as well!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

Technically Byleth uses all of these weapons with the sword, their sword is just the default one.

• Options
    In all honesty I love that it's a character that uses all primary Fire Emblem weaponry at once, reminds me of Link's utility. Bows and swords and all.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I went to YouTube to watch the video. Searched Smash Direct and every thumbnail was a spoiler. Like, I don't care that much, but jeez people.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page