As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Rami wrote: »
    People who've played Luigi's Mansion 3

Is my game softlocked?

I'm chasing this stupid fucking cat and I've gotten to the 7th floor bathroom, but I already cleared this place out and fixed the tub and I can't turn the water on anymore. There are thick vines around the faucets and there's nothing to interact with in the room anymore.

I don't remember any vines on the faucets in the tub. try reloading? you dark lighted the pipe in the room under the tub? blowing on the faucet is what turned it on for me. you might have to flashlight the cat if the tub filled up I think.

Done all that

I had the audacity to actually explore all of the rooms fully before moving on to floor 8. I'd already broken the bath with the watermelons, go down the grate, beamed the pipe back into existence, turned the tap on and collected the gem.

And now it's grown over and the taps no longer turn reglardess of how much I blow on them from any angle.

I've reset the game, changed floors, gone back to the lab etc. The scripting is just completely broken.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I'm 100% sure I was stuck on that part too. Check out a walk through.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Playing through TMS, gee it sure is kind of annoying that Itsuki is locked into the party with this lance weakness. Gee it sure it fun to have a midboss/savage encounter that's a lancer that summons other lancers that session off of lance so that when the CPU prioritizes weakness as they do they all instantly murder Itsuki every turn. Goooood design.

Liking the game overall though at least.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    So there is no chance Nintendo will fuck up Animal Crossing, right? I can safely pre-buy this shit on the eshop? It’s been tempting me all week, but when it comes to actually clicking “proceed” or whatever, I start to overthink it. I loved to the two DS ones. Played each for a full year. No harm in waiting for actual impressions, I guess.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    So there is no chance Nintendo will fuck up Animal Crossing, right? I can safely pre-buy this shit on the eshop? It’s been tempting me all week, but when it comes to actually clicking “proceed” or whatever, I start to overthink it. I loved to the two DS ones. Played each for a full year. No harm in waiting for actual impressions, I guess.

In my opinion they haven’t had a bad Animal Crossing yet, unless you count Home Designer, the weird Amiiboard Game, and Pocket Camp.

That being said, every track record is perfect until suddenly it’s not. There’s no downside to waiting for reviews unless you really need to pre-download it.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Happy Home Designer was excellent, I will not tolerate this slander!

(it’s a spin-off game where you decorate houses, if you don’t like designing cute houses and restaurants and stuff then you won’t like it, but it’s a solid game)

Anyway, I think the new Animal Crossing is a sure bet. I’m not sure what they could change to make it bad.

• Options

This is Animal Crossing but with building/crafting mechanics. I'm going to be lost in it for a long time.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

(it’s a spin-off game where you decorate houses, if you don’t like designing cute houses and restaurants and stuff then you won’t like it, but it’s a solid game)

Anyway, I think the new Animal Crossing is a sure bet. I’m not sure what they could change to make it bad.

I was on the Happy Home Designer testing team for months. It was my least favorite game to test during my time at NOA.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Taya wrote: »

I was on the Happy Home Designer testing team for months. It was my least favorite game to test during my time at NOA.

If it makes you feel better, I enjoyed the game very much! Probably because I wasn’t testing it.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Apparently Atlus may be bringing Catherine: Full Body to Switch, as it's been rated in South Korea.

https://nintendoeverything.com/catherine-full-body-rated-for-switch/

Also XCOM 2 may be too

https://nintendoeverything.com/xcom-2-collection-seemingly-coming-to-switch/

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Always wanted to give XCOM 1 and 2 a proper go. Mind you, 2 putting you on a time-limit of sorts does kinda put me off on touching the game. Watching the spectacularly bad go the Super Best Friends group gave it didn't help either (though I did laugh a lot from the failures).

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Apparently Atlus may be bringing Catherine: Full Body to Switch, as it's been rated in South Korea.

https://nintendoeverything.com/catherine-full-body-rated-for-switch/

Also XCOM 2 may be too

https://nintendoeverything.com/xcom-2-collection-seemingly-coming-to-switch/

Oh man XCom on switch would be awesome

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Anyone know if Pillars of Eternity on Switch has been fixed or if it’s still really buggy?

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Anyone know if Pillars of Eternity on Switch has been fixed or if it’s still really buggy?

What, already done with Divinity 2?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Man, XCOM 2 ran like ass on PS4. It was clearly not optimized for consoles. I can't imagine how rough it would be on Switch.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    -Loki- wrote: »

What, already done with Divinity 2?

Didn’t end up buying it. I remembered the snarkiness that put me off when I tried playing it on PC.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I hope this is a sign of things to come with Atlus giving us switch ports.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Playing through TMS, gee it sure is kind of annoying that Itsuki is locked into the party with this lance weakness. Gee it sure it fun to have a midboss/savage encounter that's a lancer that summons other lancers that session off of lance so that when the CPU prioritizes weakness as they do they all instantly murder Itsuki every turn. Goooood design.

Totally agree! I love Itsuki getting murdered repeatedly!

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Pillars is still in pretty bad shape. Plenty of crashes still around.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »

Totally agree! I love Itsuki getting murdered repeatedly!

I think being stuck with him is what pushed me over the edge in to "I'm not finishing this" territory. The story is fun, the combat is okay. In Persona games you're stuck with MC but since you're flipping Personas you shore up your weak points as needed. Here you just get to deal with it. And I'm just not in to the dungeon designs the further you progress. I have a few other random nit picks but hey, I played enough and got enough enjoyment that I don't feel upset that I bought it. I had a good time, just not enough of a good time to push through the last 1.5 chapters.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Itsuki's polite obliviousness is wearing.

I hate to say this but it kind of makes the indifferent sociopathy of most SMT protagonists so much more appealing.

Itsuki is like every third-rate Anime writer's fantasy avatar protagonist brought into what would otherwise be a thoroughly unique and enjoyable experience.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    It gets difficult for otaku to self-insert if their character has a personality.

• Options
    There are so many jokes I could make about otakus self-inserting themselves but I'll just refrain and go to bed instead.

• Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    I bought Switch online membership as soon as it started, and bought Smash Bros Ultimate from the eshop with a year of online included.

I saw that I could buy Tetris 99 including another year of online from Amazon for barely more than the cost of a years subscription. I bought it expecting an empty case with two eshop codes.

Tetris 99 comes on a cartridge.

I...... did not see that coming.

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Tetris should always be on cartridge. When we are injecting games in liquid form into our cortex-jacks we should have to jam Tetris in there on a big ass N64 looking chunk.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Speaking of Altus switch ports:
    IGN asked Atlus Communications Manager Ari Advincula if it was finally time for fans to give up on hope for a potential port during a Persona 5 Royal preview event earlier this month, to which she responded “I am a strong believer in ‘never ever give up on hope’.”

“You want what you want,” she explained, “and if you don't let us know it we’re never going to be able to make it.” Advincula said Atlus is listening and does see the desire for Persona 5 on Switch, saying “it’s important to always voice your opinion.”

Advincula encouraged fans to “keep telling us what you want,” saying she was fighting for it internally as well. However, it’s important to point out that she also said she’s obviously “not the decision-maker” in a situation like this despite being an “internal champion” for it, so this shouldn’t be taken as an indication of what is happening or could happen down the line.

Who knows if it'll work, but get to (gently) pestering.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    Heads-up: The official SNES bluetooth controller for Switch is back in stock in the official Nintendo site's shop as of this morning.

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    And of course it goes up after my morning check and now the site is throwing server errors at me.

• Options
    Yeah DuckDuckGo failed me because I couldn't pull it up on my phone when I saw the post. By the time I got back to my computer the site is shitting itself.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

I have every belief the game will at least be acceptable, if not exceptional.

That said, I wouldn't pre-buy it just out of principle, given the recent stuff on Nintendo refusing refunds before the game releases, once you put your money down.

Unless there's some pre-order bonus you just have to have, at least.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

I have every belief the game will at least be acceptable, if not exceptional.

That said, I wouldn't pre-buy it just out of principle, given the recent stuff on Nintendo refusing refunds before the game releases, once you put your money down.

Unless there's some pre-order bonus you just have to have, at least.

There are no pre order bonuses that I've seen anywhere.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    There are totally pre-order AC bonuses, but only for physical copies. Which kinda sucks because AC is very much a digital game to avoid cart swapping to my mind.

Then again if you really want a tote bag with K.K. on it, Etsy can probably provide a much better one for you.

Ordered a big ass memory card and bought my voucher. I’m ready for AC.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    urahonky wrote: »
    Yeah DuckDuckGo failed me because I couldn't pull it up on my phone when I saw the post. By the time I got back to my computer the site is shitting itself.

Well the site seems to be doing better at the moment, but what do you know, I'm at work and didn't bring my credit card with me. Like last time :( . Was hoping they'd let me use PayPal, but nope.

homogenized on
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »

Well the site seems to be doing better at the moment, but what do you know, I'm at work and didn't bring my credit card with me. Like last time :( . Was hoping they'd let me use PayPal, but nope.

Do you want me to buy it and you PayPal the money to me?

• Options
    I would like to publicly thank urahonky for being awesome. Thank you for being awesome urahonky.

• Options
    No problem! Hopefully Nintendo doesn't cancel the order in the next few days.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I remember seeing a Best Buy bundle for animal crossing switch that includes a bell bag plush pouch.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I have the AC console on preorder from Best Buy but the game I'm definitely getting digitally. The only two games I swap between my 2DS are Pokemon/AC so I have to digitize one of them lol

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Switching to my new bigger SD card is just a case of copying everything over on a computer, right?

MhCw7nZ.gif