As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HOW MANY SNAKES WOULD IT TAKE TO DEFEAT YOU, [CHAT]?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that's right.
    mhx5mo30iqz6.jpeg

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    My wife is also excited for the mystery dungeon rerelease so she can play it in a more comfortable position
    What's this?

There is a remake rerelease of mystery dungeon coming for the switch in march.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
    Thread Title Relevant Story

My mom and her sister once, as kids, opened the door to my grandmother's bedroom and threw a fake snake at her to scare her.

They had to call an ambulance.

So, for my grandmother, the answer is 1.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that's right.
    tfw you read "whore" as "whole" and posted an image you thought was funny but then realized after what you've done but then also you're just like but it is funny though the guy is reading a book to a bear so you just leave it and hope you don't get canceled

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Orange!
    My wife is also excited for the mystery dungeon rerelease so she can play it in a more comfortable position
    What's this?

Which one?

• Options
    Yeah, that's right.
    What's this?

Which one?

march 2020

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I am the snakes.
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Thread Title Relevant Story

My mom and her sister once, as kids, opened the door to my grandmother's bedroom and threw a fake snake at her to scare her.

They had to call an ambulance.

So, for my grandmother, the answer is 1.

My long-term it's complicated started shortly after using this tactic on a ladyfriend in the middle of a haunted house.

Also I was dressed as a snake... biker, basically.

• Options
    What's this?

Which one?

This one.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I am the snakes.
    Chanus wrote: »
    tfw you read "whore" as "whole" and posted an image you thought was funny but then realized after what you've done but then also you're just like but it is funny though the guy is reading a book to a bear so you just leave it and hope you don't get canceled
    It's like when you drop an f-bomb while at your friend's house in front of their small children, but they're busy playing Minecraft on their parent's phone, and your brain is like "oh shi-" and hope that they didn't hear any of that while you are profusely apologizing to your friends.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I just got a really great thank you email from a Navy captain for some work I finished.

That feels pretty cool.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

Still funny

• Options
    I am the snakes.
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    It's like when you drop an f-bomb while at your friend's house in front of their small children, but they're busy playing Minecraft on their parent's phone, and your brain is like "oh shi-" and hope that they didn't hear any of that while you are profusely apologizing to your friends.
    Related: So when I was growing up in high school, the annual New Year's festivities typically occurred at my house. Most of the time, it was a cohort of my friends, and we'd hang out, play games in a big LAN party (they'd bring their PCs over), and generally have a good time. Sometimes, my parents would also invite families over, and so the teens (us) and the kids of those families would hang out in the basement with all of the video games and computers while the parents were upstairs talking and watching TV. So there would be a bunch of chaos with little kids playing on my consoles while my friends and I were playing LAN party games.

During one of these New Year's parties where my parent's friends and my friends were all at my house, my friend Steve downloaded some video prior to New Year's and was like "Hey, look at this funny video!" It was a European commercial for some sort of language software to learn English. The commercial was a family in a car, who turns on the radio on a random station, and then hear loud death metal screaming repeatedly "I WANNA FUCK YOU IN THE ASS". And the joke is that since the family doesn't know any English, they are all jauntily bopping their heads to the beat. Cue text in Swedish or whatever "Want to learn English? Find out more at..."

So, of course, he is playing it at FULL BLAST, with his PC speakers. And I'm like "DUDE, STEVE! TURN IT OFF?!" And he's like "What? It's funnyOHSHIT." when he realizes that he's in a room full of small kids while he was doing this.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo killed [chat]. Long live [chat].

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I remember that Ad, Hahnsoo. Saw it on a "funny foreign ad" TV show.

• Options
    I am the snakes.
    I am at the airport and they keep talking about Flight 1984 and I'm just "oh no Big Brother is here".

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    If I don’t stop involuntarily humming “everything is awesome” soon, I might get stabbed

• Options
    https://youtu.be/ibuv5hcnE3E

God I love how cool looking actual rocket engines are.

Also how big that thing is. I hope it doesn't explode.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    If I don’t stop involuntarily humming “everything is awesome” soon, I might get stabbed

Just swap it for Baby shark doo doo dooo baby shark

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I am the snakes.
    Also, I saw the new "Little Women" last night with Hahnsboo. It was quite excellent. If Greta Gerwig can come out with a movie every year starring Saoirse Ronan being a plucky and spunky young protagonist and Timothee Chalamet's character being a disappointment, I'll be quite pleased. I really love the changes she made to the story and the fact that the main plot is actually the 2nd half/book throughout the whole movie, with the 1st half/book sprinkled in as flashbacks to provide context. It's an incredibly effective story-telling technique, especially with a book like "Little Women" which takes place over the span of years.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Sixty-ten
    toss a coin to your deebaser

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

That shouldn’t give you a whore lot of anxiety

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I am the snakes.

By God, that's Satan's theme music!

• Options
    I am the snakes.

That shouldn’t give you a whore lot of anxiety
    :whistle:
    He's got the whore world in his hands
    He's got the whore world in his hands
    :whistle:

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Sixty-ten
    is that the hole truth Chanus?

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Orange!
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/40441846/#Comment_40441846

Shivahn

I enjoyed writing that post

Using cat colors to explain genetics is a capitol idea

@Feral most male tortoiseshells (I believe) don't actually have genetic conditions per se! This blew my mind. I am pretty sure that I learned that they tend to be chimeras (implying that chimerism is more common than meiotic problems, which.. kind of makes sense, I'm sure tons of humans are, because even a chimera with both sex chromosome configurations is going to have no medical issues, since actually the Y chromosome has one job and it isn't as simple as people would like to think.)

Anyway the other part about using cat coats is, in addition to free barr body visualization, the point coloration thing, dominant/recessive white coats, gene interactions, and sex-linked characteristics, it's something that's super visible, and shelters across the world put up pictures of cats available for adoption, so you can do ecological experiments, more or less - assign students different states or something and they can find out if there are different proportions of orange vs black, or white, or whatever.

@Shivahn

Oh that is really neat and I had no idea.

I do love photos of chimeric cats whose coloration has clear demarcation lines!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
    5csxdrf38dgy.png

w h o l e s o m e

• Options
    Sixty-ten
    as a chimera

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

My four year old knows how to say “Alexa;; Play Gangnam Style” I would prefer baby shark doo doo dah doo dah doo

• Options
    I am the snakes.
    VishNub wrote: »
    5csxdrf38dgy.png

w h o l e s o m e

GUARD #2: Wait a minute -- supposing two swallows carried it together?

GUARD #1: No, they'd have to have it on a line.

GUARD #2: Well, simple! They'd just use a strand of creeper!

GUARD #1: What, held under the dorsal guiding feathers?

GUARD #2: Well, why not?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Can Alexa/Google assistant blacklist commands? That seems like a fairly obvious feature

• Options
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
    Actual chimaera

oqfvfnrvlvcg.png

https://www.mbari.org/the-pointy-nosed-blue-chimaera-really-gets-around/

• Options
    Sixty-ten
    Burnage wrote: »

My four year old knows how to say “Alexa;; Play Gangnam Style” I would prefer baby shark doo doo dah doo dah doo

oh no

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I’m gonna eat this whore chicken

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    I am the snakes.
    japan wrote: »
    Can Alexa/Google assistant blacklist commands? That seems like a fairly obvious feature

:(
    :(:(:(

No.

• Options
    Sixty-ten
    Six wrote: »

thats what she said

• Options
    Yeah, that's right.
    is that the hole truth Chanus?

the hole truth and nothing butt

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

thats what she said

Get her away from my chicken

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Sixty-ten

thats what she said

Get her away from my chicken

she likes it when you leave the skin on

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    My google home called my mom once while I was in the room watching TV and I'm not really sure why.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
    All of these terrible malaprops and damn you autocorrect-type problems could be avoided by forcing everyone to write everything in cursive, right?

This discussion has been closed.