Don't Stop Youtubin'

• Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    milski wrote: »
    Are we not allowed to like cooking channels if they are insufficiently anti-capitalist, because I kinda like the BA test kitchen and I'm just gonna assume they aren't all a big anarchist commune family

Sorry milski, the only cookbook allowed around these parts is the anarchists cookbook

Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    WhiteZinfandelHeadCreepsCentipede DamascusGlalmrpakuFencingsaxwebguy20darunia106SorceDouglasDangerMidniteNeveronOlivaw
  • milskimilski UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ Registered User regular
    Are we not allowed to like cooking channels if they are insufficiently anti-capitalist, because I kinda like the BA test kitchen and I'm just gonna assume they aren't all a big anarchist commune family

Sorry milski, the only cookbook allowed around these parts is the anarchists cookbook

I can only drink a molotov cocktail once, though

You can't write me off like that! You're just a voice, pal! You don't know a DAMN THING ABOUT RACING!!
    FencingsaxOptywebguy20Netscapelazegamer
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Talk about the cure being worse than the disease.. holy shit he actually drank that thing?

Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    You anti-capitalist cooking god, praise be to Matty. Now eat your goddamn boiled dinner you dirty communist.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Torchlight | Steam | ART
    Fearghaill
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

If Binging with Babish is a class traitor, I'd hate to know what that channel is, given their owners and associated publications, etc.

This is not an actual plea for anyone to start spouting nonsense. Just, like, relax your faces and have a wank, or something.

This post was sponsored by Goop.

'Get your fucking finger on the wookie'
    DoodmanncB557Munkus BeaverBlankZoeFencingsaxStiltsdarunia106WhiteZinfandelMidnitechrishallett83Narbuslazegamer
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King scuz me ur under dog arrest Registered User regular

icGJy2C.png
  • JedocJedoc Take a look. It's in a book. It was always in a book, you fool.Registered User regular

I can only drink a molotov cocktail once, though

Update: as of this writing, the mayor of Oklahoma City has still not banned the production, transfer, use, possession, or transportation of molotov cocktails.

He could, under the current state of emergency, but he has explicitly stated that he has no interest in doing so during an official press briefing.

Party on, OKC.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Doodmann
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    Whinging About Babish

NetscapeDiplominator
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Wow. Cutting titanium on a high speed lathe just SOUNDS weird compared to normal iron/steel/aluminium.

He/Him
    Metzger Meisterwebguy20
  • I am Class Traitor Babish

cB557MidniteDoodmannOlivawchrishallett83
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Why'd you betray that class, Babish?

This post was sponsored by Goop.

'Get your fucking finger on the wookie'
    webguy20TamerBillOlivaw
    Truth is most people can't afford to be youtubers. Youtube gives a pittance to creators and nothing if you're just starting out. So you need to be able to sustain your channel in the early (and mid) stage of putting out videos for nothing. Its kinda like unpaid internships, most people can't afford to work for a company for free in the hopes of maybe getting a job there, which means that those who can (ie, people with rich parents or who already have money) have a leg up over people who can't. And you're much more likely to get a paid job as an unpaid intern than you are to make it big as a youtuber.

Netscape
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited March 24
    If people could please stop using the name of my shoegaze band, I registered that you know.

Glal on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Truth is most people can't afford to be youtubers. Youtube gives a pittance to creators and nothing if you're just starting out. So you need to be able to sustain your channel in the early (and mid) stage of putting out videos for nothing. Its kinda like unpaid internships, most people can't afford to work for a company for free in the hopes of maybe getting a job there, which means that those who can (ie, people with rich parents or who already have money) have a leg up over people who can't. And you're much more likely to get a paid job as an unpaid intern than you are to make it big as a youtuber.

In Andrew's case, his background as a VFX artist gave him a lot of the core skills (and access to the proper tools) to make his videos look professional from the start, which helped him stand out from other food YouTubers.

Anyways, posted for schadenfreude:

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    ShortyFearghaillDrZiplockchrishallett83
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    If that dude's actually being serious, fuck him

FearghaillMidnitechrishallett83
    Psykoma wrote: »
    If that dude's actually being serious, fuck him

It's a masterwork of Poe's Law in action. Though the addition of the Imperial March (while fitting) was added on afterwards by someone else.

PsykomaKnight_MidniteDoodmann
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I keep getting distracted by how white his teeth are and how bad his haircut is.

• ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    I'm suddenly reminded that hannibal buress is one of those airbnb tinpot landlords and the collapse of that sector is a tiny bright spot in this whole thing

GlalDuke 2.0Metzger Meisterdarunia106DouglasDangerMidniteOlivawchrishallett83Magell
    It's probably a reading of a text post. Those are popular.

I keep getting distracted by how white his teeth are and how bad his haircut is.

A number of people discussing if the video is real or not decided on real because of his "libertarian eyes".

JedocN1tSt4lkerFencingsaxMidniteOlivawchrishallett83Happy Little Machine
    YEEESS!

I was waiting for this since Update 3 got announced!

He/Him
    JedocBahamutZEROFencingsaxShortyshoeboxjeddymightyjongyoThatDudeOverThereDee KaeSporkAndrewMidniteNeveronQuantum Tiger
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Glal wrote: »

"i shouldn't be seeing this

I SHOULDN'T BE SEEING THIS"

FencingsaxSorce
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    If you're in quarantine Boris has you covered:

I really need try to cook some of the stuff he does like this one:

FearghaillGvzbgulchrishallett83
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Clock King Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    YEEESS!

I was honestly sure the series was done when the endless respawn loop happened, this was a pleasant surprise

webguy20JedocNeveronOlivawMvrck
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited March 25

Let's talk about some Greek myth by way of Magic: the Gathering

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    milskiRMS OceanicBrainleechWotanAnubisCrippl3
    Athenor wrote: »
    YEEESS!

I was honestly sure the series was done when the endless respawn loop happened, this was a pleasant surprise

At first I suspected the developers helped him out somehow.

Then after showing the map I was certain he just loaded a new map or something.

Then the end happened and I was grinning ear to ear.

He/Him
    FencingsaxJedoc
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4 | 3034-4093-8537 on Switch
    DarkPrimusAngelHedgieTonkkaMetzger MeisterMNC DoverN1tSt4lkerOlivawSnicketysnickPwnanObrienNetscapeFencingsaxHeadCreepswebguy20StempymilskiJohnny ChopsockyPsychotic OneHappy Little MachineSorceTankHammerLord_AsmodeusPaperLuigi44Hefflingeddizhere
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited March 25
    Maryland's flag is distinctive, I'll give it that. No one is gonna mistake it for any other flag.

Butler on
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    A new born baby's skin is still porous, you can just leave them sitting in a bucket of blood and they'll soak up what they need.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Let's talk about some Greek myth by way of Magic: the Gathering

I got back into magic from a meh attempt back in 2014 in Theros but it was the one two punch of losing the car and being transferred to Cap 2 {the start of my not manager shitting upon me because I made him look bad}
    I fell out again in the Amonkhet era
    But in Theros I was building an aggressive satyr party deck I had NO idea how planewalkers worked I got Xenagos in a pack and was confused by the card

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Thanks to someone in this thread I've really gotten into the videos of Steve1989 eating historical army regions.

Something very calming about him.

He also seems like a nice bloke.

SporkAndrewWhiteZinfandelDuke 2.0
  • JedocJedoc Take a look. It's in a book. It was always in a book, you fool.Registered User regular
    Ooh, that's a good one to add to the watch list.

I'll need to try to remember all the other "interesting, but too long for my pre-pandemic viewing habits" youtubers I've passed over.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • You could listen to Shaun talk about the worst shit in the world for hours on end

StiltsWhiteZinfandelMidnitePwnanObrienN1tSt4lker#pipechrishallett83Magell
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular

WotanAnubisTonkkaPwnanObrienDee Kae
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    Pretty much all of MST3K is on YouTube if anyone needs stuff for binging.

darunia106OlivawPwnanObrien
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. i did meet some of the most insufferable people but, they also met meRegistered User regular

UUgbyO3.png
    Crippl3BahamutZEROFencingsaxcB557milskidarunia106Lord_AsmodeusPaperLuigi44
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

3basnids3lf9.jpg