As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    I hear void fissures when I close my eyes.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Well, I've now done two Lichs.

I assume there's a better process to the whole thing than how I've gone about it, as having a Level 5 Bramma-wielding Lich terrorizing you as you collect Murmurs is very unpleasant.

Regardless, I now have a 44% Toxin Kuva Bramma, and presumably a few weeks in which to blow myself up with it before Consoles get the "no self-damage" patch.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    So on Friday I was trying to get a Kuva Kohm Lich to spawn, but after several attempts it was getting late and when I got a Shildeg I thought "well, I use my existing one all the time, so bumping the damage would be nice."

Yeah, 55% heat damage on that lich's hammer, so that brought mine from about 28 up to 60. Woo.

Bobble on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

God.

Did I mention I'm one relic away from Atlas and Zephyr as well? (And Vauban, but fuck 9k oxium, man.) I've been busy.

Also how the hell did I not ever make the regular Frost/Nova/Trinity?

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

If you're anything like me, you may have started during a Twitch Prime promotion that gave you Frost & Trinity Prime, so the incentive to pursue the base models was relatively nonexistent.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    In the last 48 hours I have farmed up Wukong, Limbo, and Equinox, capped and formaed Saryn, and put Chroma in the oven.

Unless it’s a story quest, I play with the sound a couple notches up from zero.

I hear podcasts when I close my eyes.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Just snagged a legendary core from the sortie.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular

God.

Did I mention I'm one relic away from Atlas and Zephyr as well? (And Vauban, but fuck 9k oxium, man.) I've been busy.

Which Atlas and Zephyr parts do you need? I have full sets of both.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So with the elemental damage changes, what's the go to combos? Viral+slash still?

Also does that change the preferred elements for kuva weapons?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think that there should be less reason to choose fire now that gas scaling is changed?

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    If I'm following what I'm reading and hearing online regarding the proc effects and understanding it right:
    Slash: Still Good
    Impact: Butts
    Puncture: Butts
    Cold: Butts
    Heat: Still Good
    Toxin: Still Good
    Electric: Probably Butts
    Blast: Butts Now, and Goddamn It DE You Didn't Need To "Fix" This! (I may be editorializing here.)
    Corrosive: Not as Good, but Still Good
    Radiation: Butts
    Magnetic: Maybe Good, but Toxin's probably still better vs. Shields, and maybe there'll be a place for this to get stronger with new Corpus bad guys with shield gates or invulnerabilities or something
    Viral: Probably Still Good
    Gas: Probably Good

So it really depends on how you're getting your procs. A lot of these now care about wanting to get a bunch of procs really fast, to build up the proc counter for that particular Status. I think this means High Status but Low RoF weapons kinda take it in the knee, whereas things like, oh, I don't know, a Kuva Nukor (10 rounds/sec, 50% base status, oh btw Chaining Beams) will absolutely cleanse crowds dead with procs.

I can confirm that last bit is absolutely true from in-game play. The Kuva Nukor is what the Atomos wants to be when it grows up, it's just ridiculous.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I got so desperate for the last Nekros Prime part that I accidentally got a dupe of a "silver" part I had already built instead of the last "gold" part of a weapon. QQ

--

UPDATE: I got the last part! Whoo!

At this point the only things I need from the currently-dropping relics are Atlas Prime Neuroptics, Aksomati Prime Link, Baza Prime Stock, Akjagara Prime Barrelx2, and Silva & Aegis Prime Guard.

Atlas Prime and S&A are the only ones I care about out of those, so really I have two targets and then some cleanup. Phew.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    The problem with Blast is that, let's be honest, it's really just a fancy name for concussive damage. Impact taking over the effect of the Blast proc just kind of hammers that in.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    The problem with Blast is that, let's be honest, it's really just a fancy name for concussive damage. Impact taking over the effect of the Blast proc just kind of hammers that in.

You're a monster

A low-key monster

But still a monster

• Options

You're a monster

A low-key monster

But still a monster

The best part is that I didn't intend that pun when I wrote it. I did actively choose to leave it in, though.

• Options

God.

Which Atlas and Zephyr parts do you need? I have full sets of both.

Uh... Off the top of my head, the annoyingly rare ones, which I am aware does not help one bit. I've got piles of relics and nothing else to do with them though, so I'm not hurting.

I can check tomorrow, though. It's one of the pieces on each, not the BPs.

• Options
    edited March 2020

Sure, but concussive damage applied body-wide as opposed to local to a body part. There should be a meaningful difference.

Impacts should cause staggers, Blasts should cause knockdowns. If DE really wants to make multi-procs meaningful here, ramp up the severity and duration of each with successive procs.

I used to fire Tonkor rounds into crowds, and they all fell down, and I had fun even if I wasn't killing them. This new proc design took away my fun. I watched last night as I emptied an entire Ayanga clip with Blast into the crowd, and not even a single Grineer soldier so much as lost its footing.

It feels bad, is what I'm saying.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Now that I've finally gotten Crushing Ruin to drop I've been toying around with fast hammers. The combo buildup is pretty crazy.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I feel like all my melee weapons have gotten way weaker since the patch, which is weird, because AFAIK it was just a nerf to enemy armor across the board? Going to have to reconfigure.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Dac wrote: »
    I feel like all my melee weapons have gotten way weaker since the patch, which is weird, because AFAIK it was just a nerf to enemy armor across the board? Going to have to reconfigure.

They nerfed enemy armor, but buffed enemy shields and melee damage. The goal is make high level Grineer, Corpus, and Infested feel more on par with each other.

Ivan Hunger on
  • Options
    CrazodCrazod Registered User regular
    Well apparently Viral/Slash is even more busted on melee now though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ7fqnBB4hQ

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Nips wrote: »

Sure, but concussive damage applied body-wide as opposed to local to a body part. There should be a meaningful difference.

Impacts should cause staggers, Blasts should cause knockdowns. If DE really wants to make multi-procs meaningful here, ramp up the severity and duration of each with successive procs.

I used to fire Tonkor rounds into crowds, and they all fell down, and I had fun even if I wasn't killing them. This new proc design took away my fun. I watched last night as I emptied an entire Ayanga clip with Blast into the crowd, and not even a single Grineer soldier so much as lost its footing.

The "problem" is that while blastin' foos is fun, it slightly increases time-to-kill ('cause you're knocking them out of melee range, AoEs, etc) and some people are all about gotta go fast.

We've been having this same, uh, discussion in the forum of one of the City of Heroes rogue servers.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »

The "problem" is that while blastin' foos is fun, it slightly increases time-to-kill ('cause you're knocking them out of melee range, AoEs, etc) and some people are all about gotta go fast.

We've been having this same, uh, discussion in the forum of one of the City of Heroes rogue servers.

Lolololol. When I played CoH, my favorite power was "Nemesis Staff" and fucking golfing fools off the top of buildings.

Sometimes Warframe gets close to that fun, but never quite gets there.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Two words, "Hellion Golf".

obWarframe: The equivalent, I suppose, would be to take a Kuva (Ogris, Bramma, etc) into a super-low-level Earth mission, letting All The Grineer gather 'round, and then BIG BOOM.
    You will be scored on distance, height, and how many you can embed into the geometry.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Two words, "Hellion Golf".

obWarframe: The equivalent, I suppose, would be to take a Kuva (Ogris, Bramma, etc) into a super-low-level Earth mission, letting All The Grineer gather 'round, and then BIG BOOM.
    You will be scored on distance, height, and how many you can embed into the geometry.

Or just a Kuva Seer, and aim at the ground.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Baro has a Ki'teer ephemera available on PC for only 100 ducats, so that was an easy buy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I'm away from home for one weekend and they drop all sorts of time limited stuff.

• Options
    A community designed warframe.

So many possibilities.

The mind boggles.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    I'm away from home for one weekend and they drop all sorts of time limited stuff.

Don't stress about too much, iirc everything pretty much comes back every year for the anniversary.

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »

Don't stress about too much, iirc everything pretty much comes back every year for the anniversary.

But the reactor and Baron stuff!

• Options
    A community designed warframe.

So many possibilities.

The mind boggles.

We all know it's going to be named Framey McFrameface, and be made of dicks.

It's an inevitability.

• Options
    The first four ideas I had for themes had already been submitted by multiple other people. Great minds think alike!

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    The first four ideas I had for themes had already been submitted by multiple other people. Great minds think alike!

meanwhile, my idea cannot have been submitted, but will be ignored for being too a.) weird and b.) gay

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    TacticalPotato demonstrated a pretty specific, but effective, build exploiting the synergy between high shields, rakta dark dagger and Arcane Aegis for crazy shield tanking. In his case he used Volt, but IMHO it's an interesting build for Mag as well (with her abilities giving you plenty of options to neutralize enemies and get yourself plenty of targets). The combination between Pull and Homing Fangs many many 360 attacks is also interesting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiNZOB-iWQA

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I haven't played this in a while.

I'm lost again for what to do.

I could finally clear the star map I suppose... I've only logged close to 200 hours in game without doing so.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    For Mag I've been running with a Daikyu with its amalgam mod, paired with a nikana Zaw modded for heavy attack spam with Exodia Brave. Also, I threw Dispatch Overdrive on so melee attacks top off health, give energy regen, and also provide a speed boost.

I'll have to try the Rakta, though.

• Options
    anyone up to help me farm up the last two blueprints I need for Mesa Prime? I just need the frame and the systems so we'd have to go into a neo fissure for a while but I have a bunch of the right relics to crack already.

• Options
    I can but not until Sunday at the earliest. But only on PS4.

• Options
    Yay. Mesa prime parts are all finally in the oven.

This discussion has been closed.