As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I've got an Equinox Prime about ready to come out of the oven. Before I sell the base version (which I ground for the hard way, back in the day), are there any cosmetic differences that can't be overridden? (Still a little annoyed about the change to Hydroid Prime's tentacles.)

One last bump, now that it's done. If I don't hear anything, I'll probably just try it myself, sometime this weekend.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Nekros Prime get. Level 30 get. Now back to the grind at plus ultra power.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So. I've completed my "get every Prime item in the game" quest and I'm now pursuing "get every research item in the game".

Getting Mutagen masses is so much more tedious than fieldrons and detonite injectors.. I'm done with fieldron and detonite items, but I still have a couple of infested items left, and they almost universally require 10 mutagen masses.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Mesa prime is in the oven. Now to pass the 72 hours somehow...

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Have you tried... murder?!?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I've got an Equinox Prime about ready to come out of the oven. Before I sell the base version (which I ground for the hard way, back in the day), are there any cosmetic differences that can't be overridden? (Still a little annoyed about the change to Hydroid Prime's tentacles.)

One last bump, now that it's done. If I don't hear anything, I'll probably just try it myself, sometime this weekend.

As far as I know hydroid is the only frame with a change that big. Since none of equinoxes abilities create any physical objects like that I am pretty sure you should be in the clear.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »

Have you tried... murder?!?

He said he needs to go away for 72 hours, not 72 years.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I really need to clear the starmap out finally... if anyone wants to help with that I am on PC.

• Options
    furlion wrote: »

As far as I know hydroid is the only frame with a change that big. Since none of equinoxes abilities create any physical objects like that I am pretty sure you should be in the clear.

Ivara prime turns into stars when she goes into stealth mode.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

Oberon has one too.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Condition Overload get! It only took enough grinding to get... 79 tellurium.

--

Edit: Baza prime in the oven. Working my way down this list. <3

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Hey can anyone toss me an invite to the clan? I'm pretty right now with social distancing ongoing. IGN is MicroCurie. I want access to that scanner robot.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I'm getting a "make sure you have the latest update" message on Xbox. Anyone else?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Took a look at my Dex Furis guns (trying out a status build), noticed how clean they are and decided to try to see if I could make a Plastic Fantastic setup. You know. Sleek, futuristic, clean colours, all white, black and complimentary orange/blue for maximum "this is a lab" futurism. Not entirely happy about the choices for primary weapons, but otherwise OK.

SVQzMp4.jpg

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Dex Furis I like a lot, mostly because Akfuris was the first full auto secondary I got, and I really liked that class of weapon.

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I have good luck or not today ... Or if my stock of RNGanium is completely depleted.

I was trolling Axi fissure missions for Ivara Prime Systems and did NOT get any. But I did get a Wukong Prime Systems and an Equinox Prime BP (I needed both still). Then I switched to Neo fissures and got Mesa Prime Systems on the first run. I guess I won't be getting that Ivara Prime Systems BP anytime soon. That's the last part from the available current unvaulted prime frames that I need to have everything with relics out right now.

Also, this is the first time in a long time I don't have any death marks on me. Wait ... what? Oh, syndicates don't count since I can cheese Loka and Perrin ... AND watch as the next time I play they BOTH come after me. *looks at current nightwave acts* Okay then, I guess it's time to add some new death marks.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Some of my end game set ups are coming together. I finally got enough Endo for Max rank target cracker and crit chance, and oh boy are those big damage numbers.

• Options
    Been playing a lot of this recently, with social distancing in effect. I've gotten up to Ceres, it's nearly clear. I'm just going to type questions until I run out. Any sort of intermediate tips are helpful.

What is a good way to figure out what frames/mods/weapons are attainable at this point in the game? I've got Volt, and I got Ember and Trinity Prime from Twitch Prime stuff. I just finally buckled down and ground out Rhino, and have Oberon building too. I know most planets have a warframe from the assassination missions, so right now that's Hydroid, Excalibur, Mag, Frost are pretty getable.

Are some weapons just bad, or am I not using them right? Angstrum, for example. It's a secondary, charging rocket launcher. But the charge time and reload time are really high relative to the damage, and the blast radius isn't that big either. My Fang Prime daggers, on the other hand, seem busted good, and I haven't taken them off in a long time. I know I can mod stuff out, but it doesn't seem to make all the difference.

What should be my modding strategy? Most of my primaries are Serration+an element or two, and then reload speed or whatever as necessary. I have Serration up to rank 6 or 7 so it takes a lot of capacity, but it seems like a straight damage buff is worth it. Are there important mods I'm missing? At what point do I need to start modding my weapons for each specific enemy type? Once enemies get into the 20s, I start to feel kind of weak, except for Fang Prime still destroys.

I finally found a place on Ceres that gives decent credits, but they're still tight. I will run that a bunch soon. I hear the Index is a good place later on.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Been playing a lot of this recently, with social distancing in effect. I've gotten up to Ceres, it's nearly clear. I'm just going to type questions until I run out. Any sort of intermediate tips are helpful.

What is a good way to figure out what frames/mods/weapons are attainable at this point in the game? I've got Volt, and I got Ember and Trinity Prime from Twitch Prime stuff. I just finally buckled down and ground out Rhino, and have Oberon building too. I know most planets have a warframe from the assassination missions, so right now that's Hydroid, Excalibur, Mag, Frost are pretty getable.

Are some weapons just bad, or am I not using them right? Angstrum, for example. It's a secondary, charging rocket launcher. But the charge time and reload time are really high relative to the damage, and the blast radius isn't that big either. My Fang Prime daggers, on the other hand, seem busted good, and I haven't taken them off in a long time. I know I can mod stuff out, but it doesn't seem to make all the difference.

What should be my modding strategy? Most of my primaries are Serration+an element or two, and then reload speed or whatever as necessary. I have Serration up to rank 6 or 7 so it takes a lot of capacity, but it seems like a straight damage buff is worth it. Are there important mods I'm missing? At what point do I need to start modding my weapons for each specific enemy type? Once enemies get into the 20s, I start to feel kind of weak, except for Fang Prime still destroys.

I finally found a place on Ceres that gives decent credits, but they're still tight. I will run that a bunch soon. I hear the Index is a good place later on.

Whether or not a weapon is bad is really a measure of "how difficult is it to make this thing a murder machine?" Some weapons take a lot of work to get there, while others take relatively little. In that sense, that's where certain weapons get deemed 'good' or 'newbie friendly' and others are bad. The Hek is one of the classics recommended to newbies, and if you can get your hands on an Ignis Wraith, that becomes your go-to for clearing out entire rooms for however long you can tolerate filling the screen with fire.

Serration and elements are definitely good to add. Multishot is usually a safe bet too. I would say if you've got enough room, it may be worth pushing either crit or status depending on what the weapon's natural stats lend it to (ie, maybe don't try for crit if the weapon only has a base of 5% crit chance!).

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    With regards to the importance of modding and some perspective on "is this weapon bad?", most players have traditionally not felt the need to dig into the wiki and its nitty gritty details until they reach Uranus, where Tyl Regor and his Tubemen have a habit of casually destroying the unprepared. However, the most recent update may have changed that, as adjustments to enemy armor and the accuracy of their weapons may mean a slightly longer tail to a player's development period.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    tooooobmen

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

This is very very tl;dr high level, but:

On any weapon, the base damage mod (Serration, Point Blank, etc) is mandatory.
    Multishot is your next general priority (it is literally a more-bullets stat.)

Next depends on what kind of weapon stats it wants to have buffed; crit based, status effect based, etc, and some mods specific to that. After that, elemental damage mods.

You will have noted that this all does not fit initially. There are items, available via plat or grind, that double the available mod capacity of an item. (Catalysts, though everyone calls them potatoes.) Sometimes this is still not enough points, and that's when an item called "forma" come in, which let you add a polarity (mod cost halved if the symbol matches) to a slot, but you gotta level the weapon to 30 again. You can do this as many times as you want.

Lastly, tell someone what platform you're on so we can give you free shit. You want the free shit; nobody should ever have to farm the basic mods in this game, it's awful. I distinctly recall farming up a Serration, and just no.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Piling on with some thoughts

There are definitely some garbage weapons, most weapons that have a Prime version are trash because the primes are almost always better and DE doesn't try to keep everything balanced. For me, it's mostly a matter of finding a weapon or group of weapons that I like using and then trying to get the best version of that (best shotgun, best assault rifle, etc.). The upside is if you play long enough you'll try out everything because you have to build and level stuff to progress your MR, so there is no rush.

Realistically you never really need to mod for specific enemy types outside of a few high end encounters like Eidolon hunts, Profit Taker and deep endless missions which aren't in vogue anymore, the majority of content really isn't tough enough to justify fine tuning your loadout for corpus vs. infested vs. grineer. I found using YouTube build guides from iFlynn to be the best source of information on the basic setup of weapons and frames since he has a lot more time in game than I do and put in the work on understanding how stuff fits together.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm on PC, MicroCurie.

I do have several copies of Serration at different ranks, thankfully. I don't have Multishot though.
    So after those 2, I look at its crit chance or status chance and buff whichever one looks better/I want to do.

Then elements, do you have any go-tos? Or vary them based on enemies?

What about quality of life stuff like reload speed or magazine size?

Is there a good shotgun available at mastery rank 5? I tried the MK1-whatever one, and it was underwhelming. But I like shotguns and hear they're good.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Also, be careful with older guides when they mention elements. Before, corrosive was basically essential for high level content, but they made the scaling a bit more sane, and buffed some of the other elements.

And at low levels (read completing the star chart) you probably don't need to worry about enemy armor (and Shields) anyway

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I'm on PC, MicroCurie.

I do have several copies of Serration at different ranks, thankfully. I don't have Multishot though.
    So after those 2, I look at its crit chance or status chance and buff whichever one looks better/I want to do.

Is there a good shotgun available at mastery rank 5? I tried the MK1-whatever one, and it was underwhelming. But I like shotguns and hear they're good.

We failed you by not making you aware of the Hek at MR4, and for that we are sorry.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I'm on PC, MicroCurie.

Multishot mods go by different names, Hell's Chamber for shotguns, Split Chamber for rifles and Barrel Diffusion for pistols are the main ones and then there are other lower percentage ones that can fit into builds like Vigilante Armaments for primary and Lethal Torrent for pistols.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I'm on PC, MicroCurie.

MK-1 weapons all universally suck. Some are marginally useful, but they basically suck and are for new players to try the different archetypes for "free".

At MR4+ your best bet is likely the Hek, as said, with the syndicate augment applied. (200% multishot and a syndicate proc that does good things).

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I'm on PC, MicroCurie.

Ok if you're on later tonight (and the next few nights because of the trade limit >_<) I can hook you up. I've got spares of almost every mod at this point and at least 20+ of the basics. There's a lot of us in the same boat so if I miss you just asking in clan/alliance chat should work too.

• Options
    With status going above 100%....twin basolk is pure madness. Pure madness...

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

Angstrum is one of those weapons that was "fixed" by releasing a significantly better alternate version, in this case the Prisma Angstrum. Even then I haven't seen it get much use.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

Angstrum is one of those weapons that was "fixed" by releasing a significantly better alternate version, in this case the Prisma Angstrum. Even then I haven't seen it get much use.

I have a good riven for it but even then that just brings it up to "vaguely useful... I guess?"

And that was before the Kuva Bramma became a thing.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Combine that, Rift Strike, and Amalgam Organ Shatter for some teleporting funtime goodness.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

Combine that, Rift Strike, and Amalgam Organ Shatter for some teleporting funtime goodness.

Rift strike yes. Twin basolk are not crit blades, so Killing blow instead of Amalgam organ shatter. But generally rift strike is only for emergencies (combined with lifestrike).

The real killer is Quickening+Weeping wounds+2x60/60s
    It's about striking fast, building up that combo and just get status madness (dealing all ze status in just a single strike and then striking even more).

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The way the angstrum handles multishot is just too impractical. Fires the shots in a spread, so you just can't place your shots where you want to at a distance.

• Options
    Ok I’ve got Hek and some whip melee cooking now. Still a day and a half until Oberon finishes though.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I haven't played since WoW Classic came out but I heard Corinth Prime is coming out soon.

Did they ever re-balance Corinth rivens? Because this alone might get me back into the game, the Corinth Riven I rolled up awhile back is like the single most valuable thing I own, and I'm starting to feel the itch......

edit: before anyone asks:
    unknown.png

Old picture, not current, which is why I'm asking.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Had the Acceltra blueprint drop during the second stage of the Sortie, which sounds like a delight.

Also, dug out Ember Prime and discovered she'd been drastically revised at some point. Put together a very satisfying Exothermic/Energy Conversion build and just delighted in dropping meteors on people. Was kinda weird playing Ember and not feeling like I would die to a sneeze, thanks to Immolation.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Reading up on all the stuff they fixed, and the QOL changes made, in the update, I’m impressed. Played a bit with my current favorite loadout, and it looks like the Mara Detron may be even nastier now. Then I checked out my Kohm build to see how it held up with the changes. Three hundred and forty eight percent status!? Okay, I’m running some marathon Survival tomorrow night.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Did they ever re-balance Corinth rivens?

It's probably slightly less powerful now. Corinth rivens are now given a 0.95 weight (so 5% less powerful than the average).

This discussion has been closed.