As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    Do we still have a guild? My characters name is Beards.

For which platform?

Sorry, PC.

There is not only a pa clan, but an alliance full of clans. You can join one or make your own. If you want to go over your stuff and have help with a little walkthrough of the systems you're more than welcome to join us in discord, the pa discord address may be in the topc, not sure
    u2tv5fkppf2i.jpg

:\a

So many people used it for not only the protea quest, but also doubled down on how it enhanced a few frames weapons that the disposition sucks, bad. You may not want to slot a riven for it unless it gives a super useful set of stats.

Actually, all new weapons start at .5 disposition now, I believe.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

For which platform?

Sorry, PC.

There is not only a pa clan, but an alliance full of clans. You can join one or make your own. If you want to go over your stuff and have help with a little walkthrough of the systems you're more than welcome to join us in discord, the pa discord address may be in the topc, not sure
    u2tv5fkppf2i.jpg

So many people used it for not only the protea quest, but also doubled down on how it enhanced a few frames weapons that the disposition sucks, bad. You may not want to slot a riven for it unless it gives a super useful set of stats.

Whats disposition? I tried reading the wiki page, but I didn't see any clear "here are changes made since melee 2.0".

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

For which platform?

Sorry, PC.

u2tv5fkppf2i.jpg

Whats disposition? I tried reading the wiki page, but I didn't see any clear "here are changes made since melee 2.0".

How powerful their rivens are. .5 is the lowest power and apparently all new weapons start at that power while previously a lot of weapons had to be nerfed down (not to mention that new rivens went for ludicrous prices).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Yeah new weapons used to start at a disposition of 3 (average).

• Options
    Bobble wrote: »
    Yeah new weapons used to start at a disposition of 3 (average).

That's a display value that's pointlessly confusing and probably shouldn't exist. Actual Riven dispositions go from .5 to 1.5.

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Didn't know about that change.

I suppose starting lower makes sense for the devs. Means you're more likely to be buffing than nerfing new weapon dispositions, which cuts down on the complaining.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    hey which Warframe that I don't play often should I give another chance:
    Mirage, Banshee, Nyx, Vauban, Zephyr, Valkyr, Garuda, Grendel, Frost, Hydroid, Wukong, Mesa, Atlas, Baruuk, and Equinox, with Equinox and Baruuk being my apparently least-played frames. Might also include Mag and Nova in there; I think they're only high up because I got them early on.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Mirage, Banshee, Nyx, Vauban, Zephyr, Valkyr, Garuda, Grendel, Frost, Hydroid, Wukong, Mesa, Atlas, Baruuk, and Equinox, with Equinox and Baruuk being my apparently least-played frames. Might also include Mag and Nova in there; I think they're only high up because I got them early on.

Baruuk.

Give peace a chance.

• Options
    Did they axe the alert system? Where do we get potato recipes now?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options

You can buy them with Cred from Nora Night. Right now it's Glassmaker cred, which is fairly easy to rack up. You can also buy hats and they've been slowly making some Conclave mods available for regular gameplay through the same thing.

Baruuk.

Give peace a chance.

I have been seeing a lot of Baruuk on the Steel Path, and he seems to wreck face. Also, he has strong Fashion Frame game.

• Options

Nightwave has a store where you can buy stuff with credits that you get from certain levels as you rank up. That's the general replacement for alerts. The offerings rotate but potatoes are a staple. If you go beyond level 30 on Nightwave it's just credits each level, so there are more beyond what you see at first.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Wukong is supposedly the new idle frame. Stick some silly AOE guns on his and let the clone run wild

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

Mesa and Equinox are both silly powerful.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Nova's great, btw. Big boom, and Speed-nova can make an otherwise tedious lower level defense mission a bit more interesting.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Mirage: Do you like huge damage numbers?

Mesa: haha regulators go brrrrt

Equinox: zzzzzzSPLATzzzzzzzSPLATzzzzzzSPLAT

Atlas: Punch all the things.

Valkyr: Wolverine, if Wolverine was angry, and also a girl. No, not X-23.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Baruuk is pretty fucking great

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I think for Equinox I never quite figured out how the hell to build her, how her kit works, or when to swap between her modes?

Mesa I just find so hideously boring I can't stand her. I should give her another shot but I really can only think of idiots who whine about how xyz content must suck because they can't just mindlessly mash 4 and be done.

Mirage I should give another go with; I had a fantastic ESO run the other day where it was just me with a Saryn and a Mirage and we probably could have hit wave 16 except I had to go make dinner.

Atlas I just figure if I wanna punch things I should do it with style, eg, as Baruuk.

Valkyr I really WANT to like and I can't figure out how I need to build her to really dig her. But she is aesthetically and lore-wise something I should love, eg, angry lady wot gonna eat your face.

• Options
    Mirage has an explosive ledgermain build that is a bit gimmicky and ridiculous and even a little boring to play (and probably very boring to play with in your squad) but god damn was it effective when I tried it.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I think for Equinox I never quite figured out how the hell to build her, how her kit works, or when to swap between her modes?

I probably play her a bit on the boring side, but I just stick her in day mode and let her death field work, using her 4 once in a while as a delete button for anything in range.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Valkyr wants you to build for her 4, and optionally include her 2. I do 4 plus armor/hp/duration and stuff, but then you need a beefy melee weapon and then forma her claws a few times. I think she's running around 150, 160% crit for me?

dporowski on
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular

My rule of thumb is to switch to Day Mode whenever I'm on the move from room to room and switch to Night Mode whenever I'm staying put in a single room. In mission types like Capture and Exterminate, you'll pretty much be in Day Mode the whole time. In mission types like Assassination, Defense, Hijack, Interception, and Sanctuary Onslaught, you'll pretty much be in Night Mode the whole time. Everything else, you switch back and forth depending on what you're doing.

• Options
    Farming the open world stuff is usually where you get Lenses from, right?

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular

Nyx has been phenomenal for steel path, her #2, especially with the agument turns all the enemies and most bosses back to regular dirt path difficulty level.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options

I'm pretty sure that's the only way to get the base ones, outside of platinum purchases.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

Mesa I just find so hideously boring I can't stand her. I should give her another shot but I really can only think of idiots who whine about how xyz content must suck because they can't just mindlessly mash 4 and be done.

Mirage I should give another go with; I had a fantastic ESO run the other day where it was just me with a Saryn and a Mirage and we probably could have hit wave 16 except I had to go make dinner.

Atlas I just figure if I wanna punch things I should do it with style, eg, as Baruuk.

Valkyr I really WANT to like and I can't figure out how I need to build her to really dig her. But she is aesthetically and lore-wise something I should love, eg, angry lady wot gonna eat your face.

the lazy build for equinox is just building for massive range and duration/efficiency so you can keep her maim running and then instantly explode everything all the way to 4 rooms over if you've charged up enough damage

there's no real answer for Mesa's 4 in that nothing else puts out the sheer damage at that speed and effectiveness but you can always choose to play normally and only use her 4 in emergencies

Mirage i like to build for hall of mirrors + eclipse because in light she has one of the highest damage steroids in the game and if you use aoe/explosive weapons you can become a one man wrecking crew

Atlas's punch is his 1, so you play him for the same reason you would play Khora - strong, consistent damage while still having other skills to use from the get go instead of having to manage Baruuk's resource

Valkyr can be built for duration/efficiency/strength and with her exalted weapon modded sufficiently you can tear through anything that isn't a nullifier in a few hits while still getting a solid War Cry

https://youtu.be/krNglPhYzDc

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Assuming it hasn't changed from when I last paid attention, basic lenses are bounty rewards in Cetus/Fortuna, greater lenses (which need basic lenses to craft) are a market BP, Eidolon lens BPs (which require greater lenses to craft) are a high level cetus bounty reward, and then I believe they've also added Lua lenses which are a BP drop from the Lua disruption node IIRC, and I assume they require Eidolon lenses to craft.

I haven't really kept up with the things because I stopped caring after finishing the waybound passive unlock grind.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

Atlas Prime.
    With umbral mods+Adaptation+Hunter Adrenaline and a lifestrike weapon (or just Hirudo) Atlas Prime is a monster. Health, Shield, Armor, knockdown immunity and punching power. Atlas Prime has it. Ore gazing enemies into health and loot? That's also a thing. Toughness, Energy, Damage, CC, Extra Loot. What more could you ask for?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    @Lucid_Seraph , this is what I use with nyx on the steel path, but I don't think the build matters much. Her #2 isn't effected by range, only needs 125% power strength, duration won't matter much as everything will die nearly instantly, and doesn't take a lot of energy to cast.
    Her augment for it will stun the 6 targets for 10 seconds as well, which is really just unfair.
    I couple her with the hirudo, for infinite health all the time while everything dies of stubbed toes, though anything built for combo will do the same thing. The xoris with life strike is fantastic for it.
    1sg9oFf.jpg

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Assuming it hasn't changed from when I last paid attention, basic lenses are bounty rewards in Cetus/Fortuna, greater lenses (which need basic lenses to craft) are a market BP, Eidolon lens BPs (which require greater lenses to craft) are a high level cetus bounty reward, and then I believe they've also added Lua lenses which are a BP drop from the Lua disruption node IIRC, and I assume they require Eidolon lenses to craft.

I haven't really kept up with the things because I stopped caring after finishing the waybound passive unlock grind.

Yeah, I need to figure out what I'm doing with my focus. I started with the one that gives me more energy when I pick up orbs (I'm pretty sure that's not what it did when I originally picked it, but I don't mind), and I have a naramon lens. Also the bottom and left two say they are unlocked, but I can't actually do anything with them. Also I guess I need to more quests before I can unlock more vavavoom skills.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I assume you've done The Second Dream; have you done all the other quests that follow from that? 'Cause boy you should. (Edited to fix quest name.)

dporowski on
  • Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    I assume you've done The Second Dream; have you done all the other quests that follow from that? 'Cause boy you should. (Edited to fix quest name.)

I completed all the main quest stuff up till around when Octavia was released, iirc.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    So that's probably inclusive of The War Within, but not The Sacrifice I think. I'd go do those, and Harrow's fun too.

If you haven't done TWW though, go there first. I can't actually say why without spoilers, though.

Ooh, and build a spaceship after those, it's more fun that way when you install the engine.

dporowski on
  • Options
    Yeah, I've done TWW, so I've seen that part of the story, I haven't done the sacrifice, which is why I needed to clear Mot in the Void. (I have no idea who all was in chat for that conversation.)

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Of those? Nyx (great for inteception/mobile defense), Vauban (great for defense, mobile defense), Frost (defense/mobile defense god), Hydroid ((...ish) I mean he can do a lot but it takes the right builds)), Wukong (fantastic for almost any mission type), Mesa (kills all the things everywhere always), Baruuk (he is criminally underrated however he excels in premade solo/premade play), Mag (excellent debuff which is fantastic for groups), and Nova (speedva and slowva builds can be huge boons).

The thing is almost every one of those frames excels at certain missions types but don't bring a lot to others. They'll all work for most missions but not as well as others.

Also unless you play Revenant a lot add Revenant to the list for solo play. Revenant is brokenly good if you don't have to worry about the pubbies murdering all of the new friends you constantly make.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Nova's got incredible CC on her 4, her 2 has a learning curve bit it's one of the deadliest abilities in the game if you use it right, and her 1 gives damage reduction that makes her a lot more survivable than you'd expect. Like she's not a tank for sure, but it'll let her take a few hits. Her 3 isn't terribly useful, but there's fun shenanigans you can get up to with it. Also, there's been a few times where it's helped me get critical NPCs unstuck during a mission, preventing softlocks.
    And of course, she just makes so many explosions. Back when I still played, she was my main.

cB557 on
  • Options
    Mr SparklesMr Sparkles Registered User regular
    Nova's 3 is both a great mobility tool (You're on the other end of THAT orokin room now. You know the one) and a great way to mess with friends (as above, except you went face first into a wall).

She kills it on any defence mission where you have line of sight between points.

• Options
    Nova's 3 is both a great mobility tool (You're on the other end of THAT orokin room now. You know the one) and a great way to mess with friends (as above, except you went face first into a wall).

She kills it on any defence mission where you have line of sight between points.
    Mobility 2.0 made it less important, but I also take narrow minded which makes it basically worse than bullet jumping. If you don't take narrow minded it does get more use, but also you really should take narrow minded. It's more 4 uptime, but also more 4 range, and it also for some reason increases the pellet count on your 1 which means more DR. Also for some reason, it doesn't affect 2's AOE.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    tbh Nova's 3 is useful to troll people and not much else.

Bullet jump+double jump+dodge is far more useful in almost every situation because it's more versatile. Really Nova's 3 needs a rework. But considering the other ways she's incredibly useful I'd rate it pretty low on the priority list.

• Options
    But that trolling though. For anyone who doesn't know, when you're on an elevator going up, bullet jump up above someone else on the elevator and place a wormhole above them aimed straight down. It'll teleport them beneath the elevator.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    when you get the Disruption Arbitration and you've got a +200% power strength modifier for Khora

*edit* AND THEN immediately after you get the Excavation Arbitration? MERRY ENDO-MAS TO ME.

Lucid_Seraph on
This discussion has been closed.