As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »
    So I installed this the other day mostly because I wanted to see how good my new internet connection is and apparently because I hate being productive. Only MR5 now with 2 frames and 2 more being produced but if anybody had told me that this was samurai iron man cat burglar hacker and you get to level all of your equipment I would have played this a lot earlier. Spy missions so far have been a blast.

correlated: the parcour bits are both the most annoying and (sometimes, well, if i randomly mash the riht keys) fun bits.

good gaem!

Greetings Tenno.

If you play on Xbox, feel free to friend me (BlackDragon1066) and I'd be glad to help you start working through the star chart and throw some mods your way. If you're on another system, not to worry, there's a PA presence on all platforms and someone can help you learn the fine arts of Space Ninja and Fashion Frame.

thank you kindly for the offer, I am playing on my toaster of a PC at the moment though :D

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    So I installed this the other day mostly because I wanted to see how good my new internet connection is and apparently because I hate being productive. Only MR5 now with 2 frames and 2 more being produced but if anybody had told me that this was samurai iron man cat burglar hacker and you get to level all of your equipment I would have played this a lot earlier. Spy missions so far have been a blast.

correlated: the parcour bits are both the most annoying and (sometimes, well, if i randomly mash the riht keys) fun bits.

good gaem!

Greetings Tenno.

If you play on Xbox, feel free to friend me (BlackDragon1066) and I'd be glad to help you start working through the star chart and throw some mods your way. If you're on another system, not to worry, there's a PA presence on all platforms and someone can help you learn the fine arts of Space Ninja and Fashion Frame.

thank you kindly for the offer, I am playing on my toaster of a PC at the moment though :D

Are you in the pa clan or a clan in the alliance? If not, you should be. We can invite your clan to the alliance if you've got your own already.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I wonder if I can get away with steam link over my phone, screen sharing to roku, with a Bluetooth controller...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    I wonder if I can get away with steam link over my phone, screen sharing to roku, with a Bluetooth controller...

I'm just logging in now, if you wanted to kill some eidolons and get some easy focus, or farm primed parts

• Options
    kralizecc wrote: »

I'm just logging in now, if you wanted to kill some eidolons and get some easy focus, or farm primed parts

I probably won't be in for another 2 hours, when the overlord finally goes to bed.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Ran into one of my favorite Warframe bugs today. The one where everyone spawns into a Dog Days mission with their normal health, shields, and armor.

Needless to say, super soakers don't make much of an impact on futuristic defenses that can stop bullets, and the mission always ends in a draw.

• Options

good gaem!

Greetings Tenno.

Are you in the pa clan or a clan in the alliance? If not, you should be. We can invite your clan to the alliance if you've got your own already.

Running solo atm, would appreciate an invite. same name as on the forums.

• Options
    Ran into one of my favorite Warframe bugs today. The one where everyone spawns into a Dog Days mission with their normal health, shields, and armor.

Needless to say, super soakers don't make much of an impact on futuristic defenses that can stop bullets, and the mission always ends in a draw.

Is there any need to continue past the first time through?

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

if you mean Dog Days in general, you can buy fun plushies from Nanak from the fun bux you earn by playing. I, for one, really love having plushie beach balls, especially since your cat/dog will play with them.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options

good gaem!

Greetings Tenno.

Running solo atm, would appreciate an invite. same name as on the forums.

i will invite to my clan when i get off work, unless someone from the pa clan does first. from the alliance chat, you can get an invite to the pa clan or even make your own, without forum tag

• Options

if you mean Dog Days in general, you can buy fun plushies from Nanak from the fun bux you earn by playing. I, for one, really love having plushie beach balls, especially since your cat/dog will play with them.

I need to get around to growing a new Smeeta. My last one dissipated after a year of not playing.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

More importantly, you can get the rest of the mods that Kela De Thaym randomly drops without needing to farm her.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I saw that AFK Days is back, but I think I’ll stick to my plan of doing some Nightwave, farming some relics to recover the ducats I spent at the Tennocon Relay, and killing Phorid to make a certain pest get out the corn starch and spend a half-hour squeezing into his S&M outfit so he can lose another eight-second fight.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    I saw that AFK Days is back, but I think I’ll stick to my plan of doing some Nightwave, farming some relics to recover the ducats I spent at the Tennocon Relay, and killing Phorid to make a certain pest get out the corn starch and spend a half-hour squeezing into his S&M outfit so he can lose another eight-second fight.

Hey, he's an actual threat in Steel Path, at least!

• Options
    You have been invited and should have it pending @scherbchen , not sure how it works these days, is it in your inbox? who can say.
    Also, I'll probably be doing eidolons this evening, if any newer players would like to learn how to do them, or just get some loot, just say the word (also anyone else regardless of time played or gear)

• Options
    edited July 2020
    You have been invited and should have it pending scherbchen , not sure how it works these days, is it in your inbox? who can say.
    Also, I'll probably be doing eidolons this evening, if any newer players would like to learn how to do them, or just get some loot, just say the word (also anyone else regardless of time played or gear)

Yeah, inbox. I'll try and be on, but I'll probably need to help clean stuff up so my wife can make cupcakes for our daughters 3rd birthday.

Edit: I was going to to try and farm spy missions for Ivara, but at this point I think I'm closer to Ivara Prime, so I might as well do that first. Then I van use Ivara to farm the spy mission mods.

Brody on

• Options
    You have been invited and should have it pending @scherbchen , not sure how it works these days, is it in your inbox? who can say.

Yep, was in my inbox which helpfully auto-opened this morning on log-in. Cheers.

• Options

Yep, was in my inbox which helpfully auto-opened this morning on log-in. Cheers.

My little clan has all the research done for everything, but if you care about events and rankings you may want to ask in alliance chat for an invite to the larger, more active PA guild. Someone who can invite should be on eventually.

• Options
    so for anyone wanting to try out Steel Path

The primary difference is that things take longer, and I really need to swap my weapon mods more. Namely, I need to mod for the enemies I'm facing. If it's Corpus, I actually *need* to put on Electricity or even Magnetic to deal with their shields. With Grineer, Corrosive actually does work faster than Heat. Also, the Bane/Cleanse/Smite/Excel mods are actually *very good*, because you already have to swap your damn mods all the time, so might as well go whole hog (I am having to Forma to fit the Primed ones on tho)

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I'm surprised Viral + Heat doesn't win just based on the absurd multiplier after stacks. Something like 450% damage + 50% armor reduction would seem to beat out the 75% bonus from hitting ferrite w/ corrosive.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    @Brody
    This is my normal vauban build, though you may want to experiment to get the right power range for whatever space you'll be farming in, can be tricky as we saw earlier. I have a hirudo for gaining keeping health up, though I imagine you can do the same with life strike. It's helpful for stuff with auras that hurt, but not super important.
    EDIT: forgot to actually post the image
    caQdCcl.jpg

kralizecc on
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Oh man, the Twitch drops this week are niiice, easily worth the minimal effort.

Monday: Forma
    Tuesday: Aura Forma
    Wednesday: Gravimag
    Thursday: 500 Ducats

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »

Shit, that is nice. And I'm WFH and could totally throw that on in the background. We just watch the stream in the afternoon for those?

• Options
    Bobble wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »

Shit, that is nice. And I'm WFH and could totally throw that on in the background. We just watch the stream in the afternoon for those?

Yep! Just make sure your account is linked and all. And thanks for the reminder, ha.

• Options
    what are we supposed to watch exactly? I'm old and never watch other folks play or talk about games, but i need them loots

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    It's linked in-game, but I'm having a tricky time myself finding it on the website.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Go to their Twitch page and watch Tennocon streams, while making sure your Twitch account is linked to your Warframe one

edit: wait, I'm thinking of the wrong thing oops

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    what are we supposed to watch exactly? I'm old and never watch other folks play or talk about games, but i need them loots

Dunno if this is the regular schedule but it's listing this right now:
    1PM EST Mon
    4PM EST Tue
    10AM EST Wed
    7PM EST Thu

• Options
    that's this monday today?

• Options
    You don't actually have to watch fyi, I literally put mine on mute and run it in the background.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Darmak wrote: »
    Go to their Twitch page and watch Tennocon streams, while making sure your Twitch account is linked to your Warframe one

I am still stubbornly resisting doing this, because I have some archaic, atavistic idea that I don't want Them to have that info. Even though They probably already do, somehow.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

I am still stubbornly resisting doing this, because I have some archaic, atavistic idea that I don't want Them to have that info. Even though They probably already do, somehow.

How much tinfoil do you go through a day?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I think it's just that I got on the Internet at the start of the 90s, shortly before the dawn/creation of the web, when it was an article of faith that you don't give out your personal info online.
    The world has changed... considerably since then, but I've never been good at letting go of old habits.

god, that was 25, 30 fucking years ago, wasn't it
    people born then having kids of their own now

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    I was working on computers in the late 80's, I'm in a very similar boat. Trash emails with no real information are what they get for the most part.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I too have been ignoring the whole drop thing, just because I really hate signing up for new accounts online. I have so many already! Free Warframe swag is not a compelling enough reason for me to get another one.

• Options
    I've already got one, I just... nngh.
    Trying to psych myself up to get with the 20s (or even the 10s) and do it. It's a psychological hurdle, opting in to connecting two of my online identities (you're supposed to keep those separate), convincing myself I won't be compromising the security of either or giving up any actually important personal data, and so what if I get more spam, like I'd even notice at this point?

A lot of me is wired for how things were decades ago, and it kind of sucks sometimes.

• Options
    I think what you're referring to is far more important, impactfull than it ever was in the early days of the internet. Unless of course you were trying to hide from phone freaks, or bbs, usenet drama.

• Options
    Yeah, but... that battle's over. It was lost, years ago. We're all living in the panopticon, Google and Facebook and a dozen other companies/aggregators know everything about us, and everyone born this century is "privacy lol"

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I've already got one, I just... nngh.
    Trying to psych myself up to get with the 20s (or even the 10s) and do it. It's a psychological hurdle, opting in to connecting two of my online identities (you're supposed to keep those separate), convincing myself I won't be compromising the security of either or giving up any actually important personal data, and so what if I get more spam, like I'd even notice at this point?

A lot of me is wired for how things were decades ago, and it kind of sucks sometimes.

before the dark times

before the Empire

Much that once was, is now lost.

Remember, the Masquerade? paper faces on parade, when one could have another face for every place, another time for every pace, a --

Remember, when we were not always *watched*?

Ai vey, the nascent days of the first Masquerade, the GREAT masquerade, all that is gone and dust, and we NOW can all only dodge and skitter and die at the purview of the ALL SEEING

(Truly the only solution is to feed them sacrifices that *they* think are full of sweetness and that cost *you* nothing -- give them dust and bones wrapped in fat cuttings and sweet excess. That's why I'll "watch" a Twitch stream, on mute while I go downstairs and read an old book bought for 50 cents from a used bookstore; listen to a documentary taken from a library; tend my garden from seeds I whispered and snuck and grew from the castoffs of a dumpyard. All the while my phone sits... somewhere? I don't know, but it's in Airplane mode and in a drawer besides and they can listen to my damned air conditioner until I'm called back by whatever blood they want in exchange for giving me the scrip to buy food / run that air conditioner / water my plants / live another day within their walls and strictures and orders and --

All true life can only exist outside the baelful Eye which seeks to know what you Desire and the only solution is to desire nothing...)

Anyway, really, just. fuck the modern Internet, and fuck Capitalism.

**EDIT** not to be cyberpunk on the wrong thread or anything, but, carry on, and shoot more Corpus.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Having played around with Protea for a bit now, if you go 150% efficiency/duration/strength, toss in Primed Flow, and skip a shield mod, boy oh boy can you make a mess of things. So spammy though. Don't even really need to play all those energy games, as when turrets are 25 per and grenades 12, and you've got 400+...

This discussion has been closed.