As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Who-Psyd wrote: »
    Orphane wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    So I finally did Profit Taker for the first time and man screw that fight. Half the time I can't even read my UI. I have a massive headache.

profit taker is the worst fight in the game by far imo

everything about it is bad

the literal only reason I do Profit Taker is because I've cheesed away most of the worst parts of it via a maxed Arcane Nullifier (gives Magnetic resistance) + Vazarin Dash (makes me invincible and heals) + various other healing Operator Arcanes + a fully Umbral Chroma Prime + a fuckton of energy pizza

if you've cheesed it enough, it's hypothetically faster than the Index

but it should say something that 90% of the people you encounter in pub groups cheesing PT are similarly cheese-ass Chromas (9% is idiots who wandered in here like "lo what's happenling folkz" and 1% madpersons with some totally off the wall build that somehow works and does more damage than all the other Chromas combined [you suspect Riven cheese and/or hacking])

Or sometimes this crazy person.

https://youtu.be/NwG3oNR6TXk

Oh what in the fucking fuck :lol:

Jeez. Are they using a hotkey to transfer out and dash that fast? I need to make me one of those.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    So I finally did Profit Taker for the first time and man screw that fight. Half the time I can't even read my UI. I have a massive headache.

the literal only reason I do Profit Taker is because I've cheesed away most of the worst parts of it via a maxed Arcane Nullifier (gives Magnetic resistance) + Vazarin Dash (makes me invincible and heals) + various other healing Operator Arcanes + a fully Umbral Chroma Prime + a fuckton of energy pizza

but it should say something that 90% of the people you encounter in pub groups cheesing PT are similarly cheese-ass Chromas (9% is idiots who wandered in here like "lo what's happenling folkz" and 1% madpersons with some totally off the wall build that somehow works and does more damage than all the other Chromas combined [you suspect Riven cheese and/or hacking])

Jeez. Are they using a hotkey to transfer out and dash that fast? I need to make me one of those.

how have you lived untill now? that's probably the most useful way to travel since void dash came to be

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    What's the least irritating way to farm for Inaros Prime + Panthera relics? I was farming Faction and buying the relic packs, but that's become Extremely Boring now.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    What's the least irritating way to farm for Inaros Prime + Panthera relics? I was farming Faction and buying the relic packs, but that's become Extremely Boring now.

Are they in eso? The auto radiant relics are really nice

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Just saw Grendel for the first time.

Is that a fat frame that eats its enemies? And its tanky?

Its like it was made for me.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Just saw Grendel for the first time.

Is that a fat frame that eats its enemies? And its tanky?

Its like it was made for me.
    Eat the rich.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Logged in and I have a random Hydroid Prime Warframe. Guessing it's part of the normal Twitch Prime stuff. This guy is basically Blackbeard The Pirate huh?

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Logged in and I have a random Hydroid Prime Warframe. Guessing it's part of the normal Twitch Prime stuff. This guy is basically Blackbeard The Pirate huh?

It was from the TennoLive stream they did. I think the servers got megafucked though so they widened the parameters for who gets one or something

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    It wasn't that they widened the parameters, it's just that there's enough tenno watching the stream that it takes time for their servers to get them all handed out.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Ahh, I see. Well then, Hydroid Prime for everyone! :D

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    This guy is basically Blackbeard The Pirate huh?

He's a water elemental who dresses like a pirate. Don't change his energy color to yellow.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    This guy is basically Blackbeard The Pirate huh?

He's a water elemental who dresses like a pirate. Don't change his energy color to yellow.

ur 2 late

i am the whizzard

• Options
    I did watch the stream on Twitch which got me interested in the game again. And this Warframe is pretty damn fun to use though the helmet is a bit too piratey for me. Went with a mix of old and new. Also it is surprisingly easy to level these things up. Made it to 20 after a survival map (though I guess those are designed to be experience spigots).

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Forma vs. Forma Invasion up on PC.

Looks pretty close to 50/50, so it must've just recently started.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    kqqbq8gec0px.png

just in case u thought i was............................................................................................................................

unknown.png?width=865&height=627

taking the piss

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Options
    @Lucid_Seraph Not sure if the corvas is still the super duper meta for profit taker, but I have 3 corvas rivens, you can have one if you still farm it for credits.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    kralizecc wrote: »
    @Lucid_Seraph Not sure if the corvas is still the super duper meta for profit taker, but I have 3 corvas rivens, you can have one if you still farm it for credits.

Holy crap, yes, I do still use the Corvas.

In other news, anybody got some Huras Kubrow genetic imprints? That's apparently the last doggo type I need before I've leveled the whole set. *edit* I can trade a Smeeta imprint.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    kralizecc wrote: »

Holy crap, yes, I do still use the Corvas.

In other news, anybody got some Huras Kubrow genetic imprints? That's apparently the last doggo type I need before I've leveled the whole set. *edit* I can trade a Smeeta imprint.

I might be able to get some from mine, I forget if I've already gotten theirs or not.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    hello warframe thread, I'm back to playing the game I think, gotta prep for the deimos DLC

two things though:

1) I used to be a member of the Something Awful clan but since that whole place imploded it's not really that active anymore. Is there any room in the PA PC clan?
    2) my new goal until the end of august is try to get the seeding step ephemera. thing is, I never managed to get to rank C in arbitrations even once, either because I sucked or because the pubbies I joined with did. Is there a surefire way to make sure I get at least one shot at the C tier rewards? Like, a meta build or something?

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    hello warframe thread, I'm back to playing the game I think, gotta prep for the deimos DLC

two things though:

1) I used to be a member of the Something Awful clan but since that whole place imploded it's not really that active anymore. Is there any room in the PA PC clan?
    2) my new goal until the end of august is try to get the seeding step ephemera. thing is, I never managed to get to rank C in arbitrations even once, either because I sucked or because the pubbies I joined with did. Is there a surefire way to make sure I get at least one shot at the C tier rewards? Like, a meta build or something?

There's room, lots of us can invite you but we need your name.

Not sure about arbitrations. I only run them if the weapon boost coincides with a weapon I've built up (and preferably not a melee weapon) since the warframe boosts do fuck all considering the nature of arbitration drones.

• Options

two things though:

Not sure about arbitrations. I only run them if the weapon boost coincides with a weapon I've built up (and preferably not a melee weapon) since the warframe boosts do fuck all considering the nature of arbitration drones.

that's....not entirely true

Rhino with +300% power strength is hilarious, for example, because Roar damage buff scales with power strength and you can get very silly numbers for damage

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

two things though:

C is what, 20m? 20m is pretty easy with something tanky and a good gun. Only gets unpleasant at about an hour or so from what I've seen, but I always bring Hildryn with a 2/3 build, so uh... Not real good grasp on incoming damage amounts.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

two things though:

that's....not entirely true

Rhino with +300% power strength is hilarious, for example, because Roar damage buff scales with power strength and you can get very silly numbers for damage

Yeah that's very true, buff abilities are incredibly useful. It's more that don't be tricked by seeing +300% strength because damage abilities are useless because congratulations, you're doing +300% damage to a thing that is not only immune to the thing you're trying to do but also making anything nearby immune to it as well.

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited August 2020

two things though:

Not sure about a meta build, most Arbitrations benefit from bringing the same stuff you'd bring to normal endless missions, but tankier.

Here are a few builds I use:

Disruption: Khora (Site doesn't seem to have Venari augment, so just add that)
    Defection: Oberon
    Survivial: Nekros
    Interception: Nova

(Disclaimer: I'm using Primed Sure Footed on some of these builds because I'm also using Kuva Bramma and it's helpful, feel free to ignore/replace if you're not using an explosive weapon).

I usually don't bother with Defence, Infested Salvage and Excavation.

For some general advice, while you're getting used to them, it's useful to bring frames with abilities that let them avoid death. Oberon is great for groups, since Phoenix Renewal affects the whole team, but other good frames are Nidus, Wukong or Khora (with Venari Bodyguard).

Other than that you'll want your punchiest gun for killing and maybe a weapon with a good spread for hitting the drones, Catchmoon is still really handy for this.

I'd also advise avoiding Defence Arbitrations unless you have a really good group, they're particularly unforgiving.

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

two things though:

C is what, 20m? 20m is pretty easy with something tanky and a good gun. Only gets unpleasant at about an hour or so from what I've seen, but I always bring Hildryn with a 2/3 build, so uh... Not real good grasp on incoming damage amounts.

iirc with arbitrations C is 30m

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

two things though:

iirc with arbitrations C is 30m

25m. And after 25 it's infinite C. So 25m and every rotation after that gives you a shot at the ephemera.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

Ivara is hax. This is known.

The interesting part of this is that I can't see any of her abilities other than Navigator being the one that can be copied over.

• Options
    Just did this NIGHTWAVE/Glass thing. . .and it would be nice if they actually explained what you were meant to do. I got tossed into some golden room that apparently cost currency and just kept jumping blindly onto platforms and failing I guess - which isn't a surprise since there's no instructions whatsoever on what I'm doing.

I did laugh at the irony of ". . .we meet again."

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Just did this NIGHTWAVE/Glass thing. . .and it would be nice if they actually explained what you were meant to do. I got tossed into some golden room that apparently cost currency and just kept jumping blindly onto platforms and failing I guess - which isn't a surprise since there's no instructions whatsoever on what I'm doing.

The five clues you dig up during your investigation gives you hint which choice you should pick. Like, if the investigation has a kubrow plushie. Then you'll see a choice of different plushies for the path and you pick the one with a kubrow.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options

it's a crime scene investigation, the later part with the platforming is a test, seeing how many details you recall. there are five objects in each scene, with various characteristics to remember

• Options
    Well I used all my currency, which I don't know where I got it from, so I'll just wait on that. . .

• Options
    Well I used all my currency, which I don't know where I got it from, so I'll just wait on that. . .

you get more of that currency as you kill the rando glass spawns, it's no big deal. ive wasted tons of it

• Options
    CidTheSquidCidTheSquid Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I used to play this a bunch on the ps4, and wound up taking a two year break before I wanted to get back in - but this time I decided to go with the PC version, which has been an interesting experience. Not just getting to re-experience building up in the game from essentially ground zero, but also woah it's so much easier for me with a mouse and keyboard. Still a lowly MR 6 that just completed the War Within and have 0 prime frames, but hopefully I can start building up more seriously again.

Some of the new content is great as well - I'm really digging Nightwave and the Orb Vallis. The k-drive also makes me enjoy the Plains way more, which is neat. Now I just need to remember how to actually make good builds...

CidTheSquid on
  • Options
    "hey seraph how far can you go in Sanctuary Onslaught solo before Simaris just decides he's had about enough of your nonsense and kicks you out?"
    Eh, not as far as I've heard some people go, but the people I've heard of going longer had a full squad of Volt, Saryn, Rhino, and an EV Trinity.

5c9p2yllvc7l.jpg

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    well as a brand new player this can get a bit overwhelming tbh, I am guessing because of systems upon systems that have been introduced over time which noow hit you all at once. Also following some guides the amount of "craft this daily" "craft alla these weapons and also these frames" "this is a frame you should farm" "do these quest/daily bits whenever you can" "upgrade all these mods and farm these important ones" while constantly being low on credits... yikes.

Just gotta find my own pace here.

• Options
    First advice is just progress through the star chart.

Credits will stop being an issue once you unlock the Index.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    First advice is just progress through the star chart.

Credits will stop being an issue once you unlock the Index.

Until you're eyeball deep in ranking up Primed mods and rebuilding old Warframes for Helminth and...and...and...

I guess what I'm saying is I suddenly went very broke, and the existence of the Index alone does not alleviate that if you don't go into the Index.

I understand that this is a solvable problem, yes.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I started playing this again! Still in the clan too, fancy. And I got all four wisp blueprints in four runs! Though now I need to farm enough Hexanon to build her, and apparently they nerfed the drop rates on it significantly. Still though, need to figure out what to go for next. Protea and Grendel look neat, but I should also check out what primes are available. Hmm.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    scherbchen wrote: »
    well as a brand new player this can get a bit overwhelming tbh, I am guessing because of systems upon systems that have been introduced over time which noow hit you all at once. Also following some guides the amount of "craft this daily" "craft alla these weapons and also these frames" "this is a frame you should farm" "do these quest/daily bits whenever you can" "upgrade all these mods and farm these important ones" while constantly being low on credits... yikes.

Just gotta find my own pace here.

The only way I can get past the choice paralysis and general feeling of being burdened with unknowns, is to read the patch notes they give in game now and pick one interesting bit of content. I then wiki it to find out what to do, then do all the prerequisites in order. I play slow and only do what I want, ignoring any other pressures they tend to put on your in-game.

There's simply so. much. content. You can't let it give you direction, you have to direct the content.

• Options
    ...Okay I didn't watch any of the streams but I'll take that Hydroid Prime/Athodai, sure.

Did DE just give up and say 'fuck it everyone gets it'?

This discussion has been closed.