As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I sure hope so, because I didn’t watch either and I’m big on free stuff.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    @Indie Winter , @CidTheSquid if you folks can drop your in game name here, someone will invite you to the pa clan, or one of the clans in the alliance if that's full I'm sure.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    CidTheSquidCidTheSquid Registered User regular
    Oh sweet, my in-game name is CidTheSquid

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I'm just finishing up the stuff to start farming Protea, Mesa Prime is in the oven. I should probably see which of the frames I missed are particularly interesting. Baruuk sounds cool, I haven't ever seen a Garuda, I can't tell the difference between Hildryn and Grendel... I should probably figure out where Octavia comes from...

Edit: does anyone know if tomorrow will be a free Khora BP?

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I think I'm done with the game for awhile. Trying to do Orb Vallis and the game seems to be spawning an elite enemy on the final mission it isn't meant to and so I'm busy killing that while low level enemies pile up and just pound on the coolant tower. Restarting the game and logging in and out doesn't do anything to change the mission. . .

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    ED! wrote: »
    I think I'm done with the game for awhile. Trying to do Orb Vallis and the game seems to be spawning an elite enemy on the final mission it isn't meant to and so I'm busy killing that while low level enemies pile up and just pound on the coolant tower. Restarting the game and logging in and out doesn't do anything to change the mission. . .

Are you talking about the bigger thumping things? It took me a bit to get that all figured out myself, and I ended up just cheesing it with warframe abilities.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    I think I ended up using Frost's snow globe to protect the obj from ranged attack, and spammed magnetic + radiation to kill the high level enemy quickly. Bonus points, those damage types seem to work well against most corpus units on the Orb...

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

Are you talking about the bigger thumping things? It took me a bit to get that all figured out myself, and I ended up just cheesing it with warframe abilities.

It was these Coolant Rankoids. According to the internet these are meant to be spawned on a later mission. I only beat the mission after seeing that they actually weren't doing any damage.

. . .now though I guess you're meant to get a "K Drive" after the quest, but I didn't get one. :/

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options

It was these Coolant Rankoids. According to the internet these are meant to be spawned on a later mission. I only beat the mission after seeing that they actually weren't doing any damage.

. . .now though I guess you're meant to get a "K Drive" after the quest, but I didn't get one. :/

I don't think I got one? I got a recipe for the K-drive launcher?

I don't know if I'll ever really use the k drive. The tricks are interesting, but I'd rather just use the archwing.

• Options
    Oh sweet, my in-game name is CidTheSquid

Invite sent, should be in your inbox. ESC menu, communications, inbox. Build a clan dojo key as soon as you accept.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

I don't think I got one? I got a recipe for the K-drive launcher?

I don't know if I'll ever really use the k drive. The tricks are interesting, but I'd rather just use the archwing.

You start with a generic one that doesn't really exist but you can use anyway. If you want to mod it and get mastery, you need to build an actual one.

• Options
    Thanks @kralizecc ! Key is being built

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=829cbU646gQ

Frankly, I think it's kind of dumb if the OG ability isn't just buffed. You shouldn't have to pay a frame-tax to make an ability not suck.

e: Take this with a grain of salt because I'm seeing conflicting information the more I look at reports from Shy's stream.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    Hello second Hydroid Prime, where did you come from?

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I reserve the right to wholesale ignore all this talk about the Helminth-power-Swapping until the patch containing it drops into game for us to use.

Any discussion before that exact moment is 100% laughable conjecture and worth exactly zero of our time and energy.

This is DE. They mean well, but it's going to be broke AF out the gate and there'll be at least two hotfix patches on Day 0.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »
    I reserve the right to wholesale ignore all this talk about the Helminth-power-Swapping until the patch containing it drops into game for us to use.

Any discussion before that exact moment is 100% laughable conjecture and worth exactly zero of our time and energy.

This is DE. They mean well, but it's going to be broke AF out the gate and there'll be at least two hotfix patches on Day 0.

I think it's ok to speculate when it has no functional impact. friends talking about what excites them etc. I don't believe anyone here is speculating because of potential stock prices, it's all in fun

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    > finally spawns a Kuva Bramma larva while doing some scans for Simaris on Saturn

> game goes "Error: Account Information Update Failed. Try again?"

Me: ???

> tries to run mission again

> same thing

:|

Why does the universe like to be a jerk to me in so many myriad, tiny ways.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    kralizecc wrote: »

I think it's ok to speculate when it has no functional impact. friends talking about what excites them etc. I don't believe anyone here is speculating because of potential stock prices, it's all in fun

It's fine. I'm just miffed that my IRL friends will not shut up about it, despite having nearly zero real data on the system, even going so far as to bend our weekly game session toward grinding old 'frames.

Blather on, ye excited Tenno.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »
    Hello second Hydroid Prime, where did you come from?
    Oh geez, that's mine, it keeps running off.

So for some reason this game is calling to me again. I think last time I played I got just far enough that I could grind for some prime frames or something. But it was like 4 years ago. I've just been dropping into random missions and faking my way around - is there a better way to get back into the swing of things?

• Options
    Well, finally unbork'd that mission, and instead I got a guy with a Kuva Ogris. But still no Ephemera. Womp womp.

• Options
    Internet was out all day, finally sit down to play and game ctd's on login. I say that mostly to talk about how fast those m.2 nvme drives can be, I never see verifications and optimizations this fast when working on other computers. Verification and reboot'n seemed to avoid the issue happening again, if anyone else sees that problem.

• Options
    Does anyone know if they plan on giving out the Khora BP for watching streams this coming week?

• Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Not played for a few years, and lockdown boredom made me decide to reinstall. This looks to be what I was running before - is this still a viable Frost general purpose build.

Snow Globe / General Purpose:
    http://warframe-builder.com/s/20790b4033ddc92b

I also have a alternative that drops the Blind Rage and puts in a Transient Fortitude. Low duration high efficient for spamming Avalanche

Khade97 on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    OH MAN IMPORTANT

Make sure your Twitch account is linked to your Warframe account and watch this week. Monday through Wednesday is Harrow parts, Thursday is the Khora blueprint.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1212541-livestream-schedule-august-10-14/

This makes me suspect they're going to continue to drop the more irritating to obtain Warframes in the weeks running up to the 25th.
    Does anyone know if they plan on giving out the Khora BP for watching streams this coming week?

*edit* TURNS OUT the answer is yes lol

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    OH MAN IMPORTANT

Make sure your Twitch account is linked to your Warframe account and watch this week. Monday through Wednesday is Harrow parts, Thursday is the Khora blueprint.

This makes me suspect they're going to continue to drop the more irritating to obtain Warframes in the weeks running up to the 25th.

Maybe skip Tuesday.

• Options
    Khade97 wrote: »
    Not played for a few years, and lockdown boredom made me decide to reinstall. This looks to be what I was running before - is this still a viable Frost general purpose build.

I also have a alternative that drops the Blind Rage and puts in a Transient Fortitude. Low duration high efficient for spamming Avalanche

The build's totally fine. My only suggestion is that you might find that the utility in Avalanche isn't in killing dudes long term, as its damage falls off pretty hard at higher levels, but instead in a mid-to-high duration build that you use for CC repeatedly.

Play around with it, and see how it feels. Frost honestly hasn't changed much in....well, ever.

• Options
    jothki wrote: »
    OH MAN IMPORTANT

Maybe skip Tuesday.

tbqh if I were them I'd put some other annoying to get part on Tuesday, like idk the Ivara part you get from Lua Spy or something, or the Octavia part you get from the Music Room. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE has a giant pile of Harrow Chassis.

• Options
    OH MAN IMPORTANT

Maybe skip Tuesday.

tbqh if I were them I'd put some other annoying to get part on Tuesday, like idk the Ivara part you get from Lua Spy or something, or the Octavia part you get from the Music Room. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE has a giant pile of Harrow Chassis.

Why do people keeping saying that you get the Ivara Chassis from Lua Spy? You get that part by going to Europa Spy and just using Limbo to sprint through everything.

• Options

The build's totally fine. My only suggestion is that you might find that the utility in Avalanche isn't in killing dudes long term, as its damage falls off pretty hard at higher levels, but instead in a mid-to-high duration build that you use for CC repeatedly.

Play around with it, and see how it feels. Frost honestly hasn't changed much in....well, ever.

I seem to remember struggling with balancing strength, efficiency and duration. Should I drop some of the strength to get better duration?

Things are flooding back to me now, doesn’t freezing things screw over status effect from weapons? Think that is why I went low duration as I was rocking a status focused Braton Prime.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    OH MAN IMPORTANT

Maybe skip Tuesday.

Why do people keeping saying that you get the Ivara Chassis from Lua Spy? You get that part by going to Europa Spy and just using Limbo to sprint through everything.

Because you can get it from Lua spy at a higher drop rate than Europa?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ivara

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »
    OH MAN IMPORTANT

Maybe skip Tuesday.

can't you also kill two birds with one multishot, for octavia parts as well?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    OH MAN IMPORTANT

Maybe skip Tuesday.

Lua has a higher drop rate but is significantly more of a pain in the ass.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Telling people to go to Lua is mean. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options

I seem to remember struggling with balancing strength, efficiency and duration. Should I drop some of the strength to get better duration?

Things are flooding back to me now, doesn’t freezing things screw over status effect from weapons? Think that is why I went low duration as I was rocking a status focused Braton Prime.

Because it's been so long, I checked the wiki, and I don't see anything about status resistance while frozen. In fact, high power strength aids the armor-stripping ability of Avalanche, and so that can be desirable against hard targets (Grineer).

I think you should play around with what you've got for a bit. See how it feels, and if you don't like it (the collective) we can help you tweak it toward what feels better.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Did some digging on the forum. Cold procs / frozen effects used to stop other status effects occurring while the target was frozen. Looks like that changed in August 2019 and status effects now trigger :)

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1119134-cold-status-effects-how-they-block-new-status-effects-coming-changes/

That changes things a fair bit for me... going to play with a few builds and see what I can do :)

At least I know I have a solid starting icy foundation!

Khade97 on
  • Options
    They changed it at the same time Gauss came out, since his kit made it very easy to freeze enemies.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

I dunno, learning how to do Lua spy on Limbo taught me how to use bullet jump really well since before that I was using the roll too much and you can't do that on Limbo or else you pop out of the void.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

I dunno, learning how to do Lua spy on Limbo taught me how to use bullet jump really well since before that I was using the roll too much and you can't do that on Limbo or else you pop out of the void.

See! He went to Lua and a part of him will never be the same again. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

Lua disruption is great if you have the gear for it. Axi relics from the get go and as you progress you get an almost undiluted stream of Axi relics.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Can we get Damage 3.0 or 4.0 or whatever's the next step so that we can nerf viral. I'd like that.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
This discussion has been closed.