As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    I'm MR27 and only found out a few weeks ago that excess mod capacity gives you more starting energy at the begining of a mission and after a revive.

There's a lot of stuff the game doesn't tell you.

W...what?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    It's just cosmetics, but the Empyrean twitch drops are back into next Monday's streaming period, if you missed them before. The Ceph Cy glyph is available now until the 24th.
    Drop 1: Cephalon Cy Glyph
    • January 20 at 2:00 PM ET - January 24 at 1:55 PM ET
    • Watch 30 minutes consecutively
    • Official Warframe Partner Streams Only
    • One per account
    • Available on Twitch & Mixer

Drop 2: Mag with Itzal Noggle
    • January 24 at 2:00 PM ET to January 27 at 1:55 PM ET
    • Watch any channel in Warframe directory
    • One per account
    • Only available on Twitch

Drop 3: Exploration Poster
    • January 27 at 2:00 PM ET - January 31 at 2:00 PM ET
    • One per account

(Source)

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    And to be clear I’m MR 14 but I started literally a month ago and have not really had anything resembling a guided experience.

I figured out how the MR gauge fills and just kind of focused on that. Also killing hordes of level 10 enemies is easy

Edit: like y’all are the only people who tell me how this game works

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    And to be clear I’m MR 14 but I started literally a month ago and have not really had anything resembling a guided experience.

I figured out how the MR gauge fills and just kind of focused on that. Also killing hordes of level 10 enemies is easy

If you don't mind leveling weapons and armor, that's fine. But for me, I can't really focus on getting MR as a reason to keep playing. And I wouldn't really recommend it unless there's a new weapon you desperately want. As someone who's made that Warframe journey over the past few years, the main things I focused on were story, fashion frame, weapon/warframe modding, and improving my "flow".

I like to play even low level missions under Devil May Cry or Platinum rules. Yes I may win, but how much of the game's combat engine am I engaging with? Am I slide shooting? Melee comboing? Blocking bullets to close distance? Cycling powers? For me, the combat feedback is what keeps me coming back. Just like DMC.

Did you know if you aim down the sides and "dodge" backwards you can backflip and cartwheel? That you can slide shoot midair with bullet time? That melee combos have specific effects? I've been playing a long time, and that growth has been really cool. Of course, you can always get a meta build and press 4 to win, but people play WF for different reasons. One isn't better than another, but playing to grind is only fun for a very specific few.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    I’ve used, on average, 3.7 different weapons a day. Like my most used weapons are still the Mk1 stuff you get at the start because of the time it took to unlock the market.

I’m not playing to grind, I’m playing to try out new things

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I play to unlock new frames and story and access to toys. I still main Valk Prime. Gwenverine is just too fun for most missions.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Might I recommend you head over to Jupiter and start collecting blueprints for Wisp from the Ropalyst fight? She's a bit of a pain to build because she requires a good quantity of Hexenon, but she's a ton of fun to play (she's a zone-control frame) and she has really fun floating animations!

Also her signature weapon is easily my favorite gun in the whole game. Is it a shotgun? Is it an assault rifle? Yes!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    It's just cosmetics, but the Empyrean twitch drops are back into next Monday's streaming period, if you missed them before. Last Monday (20th) was the Ceph Cy glyph and passed.

Drop 2: Mag with Itzal Noggle
    • January 24 at 2:00 PM ET to January 27 at 1:55 PM ET
    • One per account

Drop 3: Exploration Poster
    • January 27 at 2:00 PM ET - January 31 at 2:00 PM ET
    • One per account

(Source)

The Cephalon Cy glyph is from Jan. 20-24th at 1:55PM, at which point the second drop starts

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Edit: like y’all are the only people who tell me how this game works

Right. There's a lot more mastery to get these days, so you (or anyone else, really) maxing or getting a wide variety of weapons to just level 27-28ish to accrue enough MR to hit 14 without a lot of dabbling/exploration/discovery/time* is much more doable than before... different economy too. I didn't consider this last night, so it seemed odd then*. I get you now though.

and thanks Darmak, you're right. Ceph Cy is up until the 24th. Misread that. I'll edit my post later.

edit: it takes at least 12 hours to build a weapon, 3.5 days for a frame, plus resource/bp farming and MR 14 feels like months scale, not "a literal month" is where I was.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    I’ve used, on average, 3.7 different weapons a day. Like my most used weapons are still the Mk1 stuff you get at the start because of the time it took to unlock the market.

There's an absurd number to try, but some of them can be grindy to get, especially some of the earlier ones that have fallen by the wayside. Specifically, most of the ones that require forma aren't worth it barring a few exceptions.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

There's an absurd number to try, but some of them can be grindy to get, especially some of the earlier ones that have fallen by the wayside. Specifically, most of the ones that require forma aren't worth it barring a few exceptions.

I really need to get plague star farming. The forma weapons are clogging my forge list

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I guess you can't get discounted Platinum on PS4. That blows.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Hello Switch, XB1, and PS4 Tenno!

With Empyrean live on all consoles, the question at the forefront has been “where are all those Railjack changes and fixes?”. For those of you who do not frequent our live streams and have missed our updates there, we’re here to give you an idea of what our plans are for the first major console update of 2020.

We are aiming to send a build to Cert that includes the first PC content drop of the year (a predominantly Kuva Lich QOL update!), the many PC hotfixes deployed this year, and those that did not make it into the Empyrean build on consoles at the end of 2019.

We know the wait has already been long on getting the many highly anticipated QOL changes and fixes that are pending for Railjack. Your frustration is certainly valid, especially with persistent issues such as the Shedu jamming bug. Since most of the changes/bug fixes touch on and intersect with code that is required to be submitted to Cert for approval (which is why the list of Railjack fixes for console hotfixes has been small so far), the goal with this all-in-one build is to avoid potential delays related to having two back-to-back Cert builds awaiting approval.

That said, while we await the launch of PC’s Kuva Lich update, we are using this time to put some focus on the following console specific items:
    • Investigating some well-needed console performance optimizations (including Railjack) across some of the more notoriously choppy areas.
    • Investigating a handful of Railjack issues specific to Nintendo Switch - [DE]Helen has been replying in report threads if you wish to track the status!

As a thank you for your patience for what has already been a lengthy wait on Railjack QOL, when the update goes live you will receive an inbox message on login containing a 7-Day Resource Booster. With all the great economy changes coming, we hope this gives you that extra push in your Railjack progress - something we feel is well deserved!

yay... soon?

(Source)

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Mr. “Your Actions Have Consequences” finally quit spamming my inbox and made a move, for the first time in a while. Only, this time, he dropped the Broken War blueprint. I know the parts are super grind-y to get, but I’m just excited that he’s finally dropping something besides more Dread Blueprints to add to the pile.

When I’m feeling particularly nostalgic for this weapon, which I leveled to 30 and used to craft Soul Edge like most people, I’ll probably just buy the parts. No rush, though. I’m enjoying the movement benefits from Amalgam Serration on my rifle and Telos Boltace in my melee slot, at the moment.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Man I got a kuva lich I didn't like and kinda took a break rather than grind it out. I've logged back in once or twice to try to progress on it and the population doing liches is wayyy down which just makes it more annoying. They may have to make a queue system for just "Kuva lich, mobile defense" so you don't have to get lucky that someone's running the exact same node you are :(

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    At this point, people who are still interested are probably waiting for the fix.
    (Also everyone who wasn't, because they heard it sucked. *raises hand*)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    When the patch hits, you should be able to banish a Lich you don't want* (depending on how far along you are in your present lich this may be useful), and swap a weapon to "bait" that will provide a low element rolled weapon of your choice.They're going to take the failure mechanic away too, but uh... leery of what they would replace it with.

Doubling the cap on thralls per mission, or increasing murmurs per lich level/requiems gained are all things they could do, but opther than "thralls need more" they haven't said much.

edit: *probably won't be free, and most likely will have an increasing price per banish too.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    You think they're going to charge plat to banish liches?

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Nah, I doubt they would do that, especially after removing the repair drones. I do think that it's not going to be cheap to make them go away in terms of in-game material costs... or possibly there will be some kind of time cost like not being able to get a new Lich for a period, they've got to have something in there to make it a thoughtful choice.

Right now if you fail you just die and revive and the Lich levels. Sure, it sucks and costs a revive but it's like eh. No clue what kind of failure mechanic they would come up with though.

edit: for me, the worst part of the failure was having to build up the rage so it would start to show again, not the death during a mission.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Bobble wrote: »
    Man I got a kuva lich I didn't like and kinda took a break rather than grind it out. I've logged back in once or twice to try to progress on it and the population doing liches is wayyy down which just makes it more annoying. They may have to make a queue system for just "Kuva lich, mobile defense" so you don't have to get lucky that someone's running the exact same node you are :(

It's going to be fixed to reduce the grind involved, so I'm not surprised the population is down. Try the weekends though.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Might I recommend you head over to Jupiter and start collecting blueprints for Wisp from the Ropalyst fight? She's a bit of a pain to build because she requires a good quantity of Hexenon, but she's a ton of fun to play (she's a zone-control frame) and she has really fun floating animations!

Also her signature weapon is easily my favorite gun in the whole game. Is it a shotgun? Is it an assault rifle? Yes!

Her signature weapon is also absolutely disgusting.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020

I'm sorry but did you just say assault shotgun?

*immediately goes looking for videos of this thing*

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options

Also her 4 is she opens a portal to the Sun so she basically turns into a mobile cosmic death ray turret.

• Options
    I got my wisp parts in the oven. Tomorrow I pop the blueprint in there. <3

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    TOGSolid wrote: »

I'm sorry but did you just say assault shotgun?

*immediately goes looking for videos of this thing*

So, imagine the Arca Plasmor, but with a good crit rate, a 2.2 base multiplier, rifle mod usage, and it reloaded itself for you.

And it's silent.

And then you hit alt-fire and now it's an assault rifle.

Edit: Also, if you think that's bad, the Acceltra may technically be worse, but it doesn't reload itself while I'm casting, so thppppppppppppt.

dporowski on
  • Options
    So am I the only one who defaults to jump slam melee attacks? They seem to solve 95% of combat scenarios.

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    So am I the only one who defaults to jump slam melee attacks? They seem to solve 95% of combat scenarios.

That's a recent change but, yeah, melee slam attacks are pretty much better on every level right now.

I have a Fragor Prime with a riven in it and I can just hop slam my way through damn near anything at this point.

I don't because man is that boring but being able to do 30k+ damage as a base for every attack is pretty broken.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I've been slacking on farming Wisp parts. Part of that's 'cause the one time I tried the Ropalyst fight, even after watching a vid, I had to be pretty much carried. And part of that is because I'm still uneasy about a particular element of her aesthetic. The holes, I mean.
    It's funny, I wasn't bothered watching the MLP eps with Queen Chrysalis, but at least she had feet. Hooves. Whatever.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

That's a recent change but, yeah, melee slam attacks are pretty much better on every level right now.

I have a Fragor Prime with a riven in it and I can just hop slam my way through damn near anything at this point.

I don't because man is that boring but being able to do 30k+ damage as a base for every attack is pretty broken.

One of the things I appreciate about Empyrean is that the enemies are tanky enough for that kind of damage to be legitimately helpful. I've settled on Loki with a rivened Redeemer Prime as my go-to Boarder Patrol set-up. It's got umbral mods and almost 70 base combo and it still doesn't always one-shot things with a heavy attack.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    You mean you don't like extreme punching down? This isn't even close to the numbers others can put up with their setups on a soft target like that.
    netz9yt905hf.png

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    I've been slacking on farming Wisp parts. Part of that's 'cause the one time I tried the Ropalyst fight, even after watching a vid, I had to be pretty much carried. And part of that is because I'm still uneasy about a particular element of her aesthetic. The holes, I mean.
    It's funny, I wasn't bothered watching the MLP eps with Queen Chrysalis, but at least she had feet. Hooves. Whatever.

I didn't notice this about wisp and now I want her more.

The fight isn't too bad if you go in with a PUG. Hard parts for me was that the rodeo is not obvious and you can end up eating too many lasers.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Right now if you fail you just die and revive and the Lich levels. Sure, it sucks and costs a revive but it's like eh. No clue what kind of failure mechanic they would come up with though.

Having a failed stab result in the lich falling over, releasing a cloud of Kuva that flies off, then levelling up and taunting you about how they're unkillable would probably resolve half the complaints.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.12

Anomaly Shards
    For every Sentient Anomaly POI that you complete you’ll earn a new Anomaly Shard; a shard ripped from a Sentient Anomaly in the Veil Proxima!
    • As mentioned in 27.0.11, we wanted to implement a more token based system to obtain the Tenebrous Ephemera that we removed from the drop table. An Anomaly Shard is 100% guaranteed at End of Mission for every Sentient Anomaly POI you complete.

but...
    For further clarification, the Anomaly Shard is given when you complete the Sentient Anomaly POI, not an End of Mission reward for completing the entire mission itself (Fighters, Crewships, etc).

So... now instead of people abort spamming because of the RNG they'll abort spam sentient for a guaranteed +1.

Guess I still won't be pubbing sentient anomalies when that update happens.

(Source)

edit: context

edit2: unless I am misinterpreting the steps (eg: you must complete the PoI and the mission. Which, I hope I am.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    So I've finally started down the rabbit hole of min-maxing my builds and weapons, and the damage increase is curhayzee. I had most of these mods and stuff lying around anyway, but without community videos showing how the new updates were actually applied, I never would have figured them out. Like, I'm talking quadruple damage boosts, and I was already sortie level for over a year. To be fair, it required a few more forma in some of my weapons and frames, but just... wow.

Warframe is amazing, but the lack of documentation is borderline criminal. Warframe NEEDS a better tutorial.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    To be fair, sortie level isn't that high. Damage only really falls off on elemental resistance bosses

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I could do triple rotations of Arbitrations before, so its not a question of hard, but efficiency.

There's nothing in the game which really requires it, but still. Doing over a million damage or setting up a pistol to kill a 120 corrupted bombard in one clip is something else.

• Options
    I could do triple rotations of Arbitrations before, so its not a question of hard, but efficiency.

There's nothing in the game which really requires it, but still. Doing over a million damage or setting up a pistol to kill a 120 corrupted bombard in one clip is something else.

Since there's not much in the game that regularly requires it, that kind of tweaking isn't going to be tutorialized. Damage of that tier is required deep in ESO, and equivalents of such output were needed to make it beyond the "why are you still playing?" waves/times when infinites were the "end game." Not many people are going to want to do consecutive hours of survival or defense like that to encounter such enemies though. Especially given the rewards don't change.

If the kind of tweaking that you're talking about was tutorialized then to compensate for it the content itself would need to change and shift more to where stuff like that is regularly required.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Right, but for the most part this damage boost was just from swapping in one or two mods, not using prime mods, although since I have some it didn't hurt.
    Things like using Hunter Munitions for slash weapons like the Corinth or Akjagara, modding Redeemer Prime for 100% status, adding in blood rush or body count/drifting contact make CRAZY damage differences, and none of that is properly explained in the game itself. You just have to "know". That's dumb and bad. Those mods aren't hard to get, but how they're supposed to be used is never made clear.

No where in the game does it give you explicit advice like "heat is good for Infested, corrosive is good for Grineer, radiation/gas for Corpus" etc.

DE just doesn't know how to onboard players, for all the other good they do.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I dunno... can't say that I feel any of those things that you've described need to be explicitly explained by the game. It was around the time that they added the capacity bonus to weapons, but the reasoning behind that was that the mastery system itself is supposed to represent that growth through experience or whatever. Even enemy weaknesses are a part of that system of acquiring knowledge—wherein scanning enemies would tell you that exact piece of information (even though beyond a point it's meaningless anyway, meme about Nightwave tasks requiring you to use the wrong damage type here). The Lich system in its present state is a manifestation of that ideal of learning that borders on excessive... but that intent is still there.

That said, communal aspects and self-discovery are both far more effective teachers. DE already has some info dump tutorials via the codex tutorials, plus those rando tips. More of that isn't going to help, imo: it's just more reading and lectures. They are working on more content* to teach more via doing, but the primary way that people are going to learn things about the game is still going to be through other players and the like.

edit: also add that adhering to this ideal in your UI by obscuring information is just awful *eyes Railjack UI in its entirety*.

edit2: *junction tasks were one attempt at this passive training.

tastydonuts on
  • Options

Since there's not much in the game that regularly requires it, that kind of tweaking isn't going to be tutorialized. Damage of that tier is required deep in ESO, and equivalents of such output were needed to make it beyond the "why are you still playing?" waves/times when infinites were the "end game." Not many people are going to want to do consecutive hours of survival or defense like that to encounter such enemies though. Especially given the rewards don't change.

If the kind of tweaking that you're talking about was tutorialized then to compensate for it the content itself would need to change and shift more to where stuff like that is regularly required.

Yeah the kind of tweaking that is tutorialized is...

Ok none of it actually

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.