Options

A Nice Weekend [Podcast]

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    There sure are a lot of Brooklyn accents in Westwood's Blade Runner's 2019 Los Angeles, huh
    That's just how everyone in LA talks nowadays

Have YOU been there lately???

I've never been to LA, I must confess

I assume it's positively burgeoning with "hey how ya doin' fuggedaboudits" by now

sig.gif
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    You know, I like to groan and roll my eyes at Chapo as much as the next guy, but this weeks example of two of them going on a mainstream political podcast had me thinking holy fuck we need to burn all this shit to the ground chapo now chapo forever.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    QA must’ve found something fun if they’re pushin back ff7 by only a month.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

Nah, what delays like this mean is that the planning they had to reach a shippable state is not progressing as fast as they'd anticipated for a variety of reasons. They have to push the game up to a certain state for shipping by about two months before release (which before the delay was... now) and they realized they're not there and either if they shipped the game as it is now it would not pass TRC (console certification) or they're not internally satisfied with its level of polish. It's not "QA just found a bug", it's "there are still too many crashes, walkthrough breaks, annoying bugs and we need more time to fix them". Bugs don't hide in a game for months before QA finds them, they are found by QA on the day the build they're in is produced. Projects always know exactly how buggy they are and it's up to the producers to manage the dev timeline and budget around this.

This has been How The Sausage Is Made.

sig.gif
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Man, sausage sounds good right now

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    You know, I like to groan and roll my eyes at Chapo as much as the next guy, but this weeks example of two of them going on a mainstream political podcast had me thinking holy fuck we need to burn all this shit to the ground chapo now chapo forever.

Is this example on their podcast on another one?
    @Doodmann

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Doodmann wrote: »

Is this example on their podcast on another one?
    Doodmann

They run through the bizarre experience of it on their podcast. I probably should listen to the actual episode of the Skullduggery podcast, but I don't really want to.

Doodmann on
    I like to ART
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Chappo and the dirt bag left are problematic

The moderate and center left are problematic too

• Options
    I'm watching GB's Load Our Last Save featuring Sekiro

I didn't know that there was a Ninja (like, the streamer) graphic novel

That's awful

• Options
    I will continue to root for chapo in general because the third way needs to fucking die, but I'm not on board with all their revolutionary rhetoric. I'm at my heart a Roosevelt Democrat, but if I'm going to lean one way from their it's left not right.

I like to ART
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

That's awful

they also sell ninja branded blue wigs

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Nah, what delays like this mean is that the planning they had to reach a shippable state is not progressing as fast as they'd anticipated for a variety of reasons. They have to push the game up to a certain state for shipping by about two months before release (which before the delay was... now) and they realized they're not there and either if they shipped the game as it is now it would not pass TRC (console certification) or they're not internally satisfied with its level of polish. It's not "QA just found a bug", it's "there are still too many crashes, walkthrough breaks, annoying bugs and we need more time to fix them". Bugs don't hide in a game for months before QA finds them, they are found by QA on the day the build they're in is produced. Projects always know exactly how buggy they are and it's up to the producers to manage the dev timeline and budget around this.

This has been How The Sausage Is Made.

Thanks!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    There sure are a lot of Brooklyn accents in Westwood's Blade Runner's 2019 Los Angeles, huh
    That's just how everyone in LA talks nowadays

Have YOU been there lately???

Fuhgeddaboudit

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I'm walkin heah

because of extreme urban sprawl

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

That's awful

they also sell ninja branded blue wigs

I didn't need to know that!!

• Options
    TOO BAD

• Options
    I'm walkin heah

because of extreme urban sprawl

I'm drivin' heah over these fuuuuuggin' interchanges gabagool

sig.gif
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    i have taken some very mercenary drawing jobs in my life. but i would if i had to make a choice between finding a new line of work and illustrating a streamer's graphic novel about said streamer I wouldn't think twice.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    i have taken some very mercenary drawing jobs in my life. but i would if i had to make a choice between finding a new line of work and illustrating a streamer's graphic novel about said streamer I wouldn't think twice.

and this is the story about how gus starting selling artisanal bees wax

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular

i have some neighbors that have that market cornered

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

i have some neighbors that have that market cornered

Ah, so you'd be an artisianal bees wax model

• Options
    I feel remiss that I didn't post the actual best tribute to Dan Ryckert's time at GB when he left, and I will rectify that now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpBWudYieCM

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Dan was, in many ways, an inexplicable nightmare person

but I'm gonna miss that fucking weirdo

• Options
    Dan laughing in the background while Jeff slowly begs god to take him from this life is so fucking perfect

• Options
    President Nerd is a real good bit on this WHM

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

he's not dead! he's still an inexplicable nightmare person!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

Yeah but tbh I'm probably not gonna listen to his wrestling podcasts and stuff, so I'll see a lot less of him.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

Yeah but tbh I'm probably not gonna listen to his wrestling podcasts and stuff, so I'll see a lot less of him.

he's a producer on those isn't he, so probably his own personal podcasts are the only place to hear him.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    TOO BAD

Chincy knew better and just dyed his hair blue instead to be like his hero, Ninja

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I kinda wish they'd do an all systems goku for super.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wait. Chincy isn't Ninja?!? Whoops.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I finished ps4 Spider-man. I'm kinda bummed that it's over.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    I finished ps4 Spider-man. I'm kinda bummed that it's over.

Even now, I still load it up now and then to swing around

It's real good for that

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    TOO BAD

Chincy knew better and just dyed his hair blue instead to be like his hero, Ninja

how dare you

its to be like my hero sonic the hedgehog

• Options
    So I was looking up board game stuff after not having looked at board game stuff for probably over a year now

... There's an Adventure Zone board game?

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    as someone who couldn't tolerate Dan 95% of the time

hooray

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    So I was looking up board game stuff after not having looked at board game stuff for probably over a year now

... There's an Adventure Zone board game?

https://theadventurezonegame.com/collections/frontpage/products/the-adventure-zone-bureau-of-balance-game

Looks like it's not out yet, it's a co-op card game. Could be neat I suppose!

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    TOO BAD

how dare you

its to be like my hero Milhouse

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
This discussion has been closed.