As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Music] Makes the World Get Down

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Aesop Rock has a new, great album. Here is a brief, surprisingly-funny song about anxiety and paranoia.

PeashatedinamericaBahamutZEROMidniteSporkAndrew
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Peter Dalwoo Kim, Lindsey Park - Lethe [Legion of Heroes OST : Lethe] 4:41

Song information:
    [Legion of Heroes OST : Lethe]

Lethe, a moving epic first told through music

In 2013, Nexon was making a strong move into mobile with their RPG masterpiece “Legion of Heroes”. Even before the official launch of the game, teasers and OST previews on the web put the focus on the high-quality music featured in this game.
    Thanks to the positive response of the gaming community, Nexon decided to release the “Legion of Heroes Original Soundtrack” even ahead of the actual game release.
    Sound Director Peter Dalwoo Kim intended to create a title song that is heavy and meaningful, named “Lethe” after the river of forgetfulness in Greek mythology. He engaged Lindsey Park, a vocal artist famous for her lugubrious voice, as well as renown orchestra players from Korea and Germany's state philharmonic “Staatskapelle Halle”.
    Another unique track is called “Vaspers of Stars” and features Latin lyrics.
    It is worth mentioning that the Legion of Heroes Original Soundtrack has been created with the same production team that has been responsible for the well-receives OST “Epic of the Three Kingdoms”.
    Listeners can expect an orchestrated high-quality soundtrack that breaks all conventions of mobile game music.

Music Produced by Peter Dalwoo Kim
    Produced by NDOORS
    Published by NECORD, NEXON KOREA

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I have no idea why I enjoy K-Pop, but I do.

MAMAMOO - Dingga + AYA [Music Bank K-Chart Ep 1051]

[4K] MAMAMOO's KILLING VOICE with perfect HARMONY/Egoistic, HIP, Dinga, AYA | Dingo Music

pyromaniac221PeasKana
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular

Aesop Rock has a new, great album. Here is a brief, surprisingly-funny song about anxiety and paranoia.

This album is way too good for 2020.

I've been listening to it in bursts all day and it's pretty great. Not sure if I like it as much Impossible Kid or Malibu Ken, but those are pretty fucking high bars to clear.

Impossible Kid has INCREDIBLE production and some of most his most heart-wrenching stories outside The Uncluded, and then he worked with Tobacco (one of my other favorite musicians) on MK, and like...how can you top that hot streak? This new one feels a little flat in comparison, but it's gonna take a few more listens to really know how I feel about it.

It's probable that my car speakers are just garbage too.

(The lyrical content is as on point as ever, that goes without saying.)

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So I'm just hearing about it now via Twitter but Kylie Minogue released a new album ten days ago.

Kylie_Minogue_-_Disco.png
    DISCO is the 15th studio album by Australian singer Kylie Minogue, released on 6 November 2020 by Darenote and BMG Rights Management. A departure from her previous country-influenced album Golden (2018), it is influenced by 1970s and 1980s disco along with modern-day electronic dance music.

And folks, it fucking rules.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    GvzbgulDirtyboyDonovan PuppyfuckerPeasKetar
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    AC/DC has a new album out today

AC/DC will kick ass forever. It is an immutable law of nature. There can never exist a state or reality in which AC/DC does not kick ass.

Donovan PuppyfuckerPeas
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    New tracks from Bleachers, the first one features Bruce Springsteen:

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

This album is way too good for 2020.

I've been listening to it in bursts all day and it's pretty great. Not sure if I like it as much Impossible Kid or Malibu Ken, but those are pretty fucking high bars to clear.

Impossible Kid has INCREDIBLE production and some of most his most heart-wrenching stories outside The Uncluded, and then he worked with Tobacco (one of my other favorite musicians) on MK, and like...how can you top that hot streak? This new one feels a little flat in comparison, but it's gonna take a few more listens to really know how I feel about it.

It's probable that my car speakers are just garbage too.

(The lyrical content is as on point as ever, that goes without saying.)

Yeah, it's not quite up to Impossible Kid, but how could it be? That album's fucking perfect.

I need to spend more time with this new one, but I think I actually prefer the sonic palate on it to Malibu Ken? I enjoyed MK, don't get me wrong, but the beats were a little looser, a little hazier around the edges, than I like for Aes. Still a fun experiment, glad he did it and I'd happily listen to more, but this new one is more in line with what I dig for him.

Did you ever fuck with Beastiary from Hail Mary Mallon? It's a fun album, him and Homeboy Sandman. "Dollywood" is a particular standout that I'd put up with any of my favorites from Aes.

SporkAndrewMidnite
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Oh hell yeah, Hail Mary Mallon is excellent. Dollywood and Whales are in regular rotation in my playlists.

The Uncluded are probably my favorite side project though. Definitely check it out if you haven't. Aesop Rock and Kimya Dawson getting hella emotional but also goofy as fuck.

...the fact that one of my favorite musicians wrote one of my other favorite musicians fan mail, they became friends, and then made an album together is just...too good.

Also it led to some amazing music videos:

This song about organ donation in particular always fucks me up:

Endless_SerpentsPeas
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular

Peas
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    This song makes me want to buy a few bikkies and timewarp back to the mid-90s:

BahamutZEROSolarPeasSleepMidnite
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular

Hack the Planet

BahamutZERODonovan PuppyfuckerBlackDragon480Midnite
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Chan...

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    BTS (방탄소년단) 'Life Goes On' Official MV

Peas
    LP just dropped a new single and it is *extremely* good

LP is also ***EXTREMELY*** good

Peas
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul I am silent and my silence is complicity. Registered User regular

hatedinamericaPeas
  • MidniteMidnite Like no other You can't be replacedRegistered User regular

I admit that for a long time my only knowledge of Star Trek was getting high and playing this on repeat. Love that album so much.

Donovan PuppyfuckerPeas
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    For a guy that just turned 55 and has had multiple wrist and neck surgeries (including an artifical disk in C3-4 just last year), Yoshiki can still bring it.

Yeah, he can't do the gravity blasts and 32nd note bass patterns at 160bpm anymore, but his snare and tom rolls are still top notch and he's always had that structured chaos nature to his solos like Neil Peart or Cozy Powell.

BlackDragon480 on
    First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
    DepressperadoPeasMidnite
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I've been deep in an emo phase lately

Peas
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I've been in a dubstep remixes of The Beatles phase recently

Okay for like, five minutes, but still

DepressperadoBlackDragon480PeasCristovalSleep
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    the best I've got for that is

one of my least favorite songs performed by my least favorite Beatle, still manages to slap

edit: oh shit

Depressperado on
    PeasCristoval
    That second one is pretty good!

DepressperadoMidnite
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

The cover of Iris by Phoebe Bridgers and Maggie Rogers sold enough copies on its single day of availability to land them at number 57 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. It hit number 1 on the Digital Song Sales chart, and ended up at #5 on the Hot Alternative chart.

PoorochondriacMidniteDepressperadoBlackDragon480
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular

RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4 | 3034-4093-8537 on Switch
    Peas
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Still on a Nathaniel Rateliff kick which is good because he's putting out new solo music.

Thank you for sharing this. I'm quite enjoying both his solo offerings as well as his band offerings.

JuggernutLindsay Lohan
    edited November 2020
    ZHEANI - SKIN WALKER 2:44

MV is NSFW, there's something really compelling about the music though

Peas on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Tennis is one of the those bands that popped up when I would listen to albums I don't own on youtube but I never listened to them till the other day

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Not entirely sure why this song seems to be meme fodder these days, but they picked a good one

Donovan PuppyfuckerMidnite
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul I am silent and my silence is complicity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

TISM recently released their cover of For Those About to Rock. A song from their unfinished AC/DC tribute album. It is probably not for everyone but it is distilled joy for me.

Gvzbgul on
    When I was but a callow youth, I got into trance music big time

And I still love it, no lie. This is such a classic from my childhood! Listenin to trance radio while playing video games in my attic bedroom, that was the dream. Brings back the smell of summer through the open skylight, a floor scattered with half-painted warhammer minis, Baldur's Gate II and banging eurotrance anthems all through the summer holiday

BahamutZERO

Fucking failed to include the tune!

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Spotify keeps recommending covers of Fleetwood Mac's Dreams for some reason but luckily they are all very good.

Calm me and let me taste the salt you breathed while you were underneath.
    I am the one who haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the sea.
    I spoke the words but never gave a thought to what they all could mean.
    I know this is what you want, a funeral keeps both of us apart.
    You know that you are not alone, need you like water in my lungs.
    This is the end.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Is drunk and alone listening to Frightened Rabbit on repeat today the best idea? Maybe not...

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
    Cristoval
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It's Friday so the new Palm Reader album Sleepless is officially out! I got the vinyl delivered on Wednesday due to some postal service shenanigans and have been enjoying it since then

These guys were the last band I saw prior to lockdown and hearing some of these songs again makes me realise how much I miss live music

4x2TUSzl.jpg

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
    Foals "Give it All" off What Went Down

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Gorillaz' first single, Tomorrow Comes Today, was released 20 years ago today

holy fucking shit how has it been that long

Tomorrow Comes Today is one of my all time favorites.

MidniteKanaHybrid