As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Music] Makes the World Get Down

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Listening to a podcast today I heard this song as playing under the closing credits

Folks, it fucking rips. This is such an amazing track, and it was released a few months ago and has only 20,000 views on youtube and I honestly can't believe it.

Strong Kimbra, Erica Badu, Jill Scott vibes. I've listened to this tune like 5 times today, I can't get enough of it.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    My dad recently purchased an older truck, that just has a radio/cassette player in it.

So for Christmas I purchased him a retro/antique cassette mini-suitcase and six cassettes for him.

For around $25, I got:
    -- The Beach Boys: Best Of The Beach Boys Vol 2
    -- Boston: Boston
    -- Flashdance Soundtrack
    -- REM: Out Of Time
    -- Reo Speedwagon: Wheels Are Turnin’
    -- Tom Jones: The Complete Tom Jones

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    TallahasseerielCristovalDonovan PuppyfuckerLindsay LohanKetar
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Some inspired choices there

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Spotify did their yearly Wrapped thing and it was mostly unsurprising but they did pull out Nathaniel Rateliff's And its Still Alright as "Song that helped you get through it all."

Kinda feeling uncomfortably known by Spotify's algorithm because, yeah, that song got me through some angsty shit this year.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Many thanks to el-p for introducing me to Royal Blood today.

Last pint: DDH Straight Hash Homie / Lupulin
    Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    Solar
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Frens

There is previously unreleased Com Truise now available

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    DiarmuidSolar
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    The HU - Sad But True (Official Music Video)

BlackDragon480Endless_SerpentsPeas
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    These bbc live versions are always really good

BlackDragon480Peas
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Spotify did their yearly Wrapped thing and it was mostly unsurprising but they did pull out Nathaniel Rateliff's And its Still Alright as "Song that helped you get through it all."

Kinda feeling uncomfortably known by Spotify's algorithm because, yeah, that song got me through some angsty shit this year.

We have two cats who currently can't be in the same room. When we are away from one of them, she gets super needy so we leave the lights on for her and found that playing music through the Google mini calmed her down significantly (she climbed the walls, ripped the rug much less). After trial and error, we found rap was her genre of choice, I think because it sounds like talking. So, my Wrapped thing was accurate for my top 5 artists/songs, but the top genre was hip-hop thanks entirely to Pixie the Upstairs Cat.

BlackDragon480BahamutZERO
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Apparently I listened to 39 new genres this year (out of 190 total).

My coworker said "I didn't know there were that many!"

I still don't know if that's a lot, but it seems high. I spent this year finally fixing my liked songs playlist so I mostly listened to stuff i already liked. Though I suppose in the process I did remind myself of a bunch of bands I'd never really played on Spotify before so that probably did it.

Talking Heads were completely underrepresented because I play them at work a lot, not on my own account. That's been one of my go-to comfort bands this year but they didn't show up on my 2020 wrap at all.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    My wrapped tends to populate mostly of letting albums play out or daily mixes, so I get 2 Animal Collective songs in my top 5 despite not choosing to listen to them once this year.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular

Sunday morning music? Oh I think so

Donovan PuppyfuckerMidniteEndless_SerpentsPeas
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    C'mon, you know that's an easy way to farm "awesome"s from me, because I'm a cheap slut for Tom and Ed...

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    my #5 top genre this year was ectofolk

I don't know what this means

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular

Liking all your picks for the last dozen pages folks!

Peas
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I have absolutely no reason to actually one one

But man I want a Midi Fighter 64.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    Endless_Serpents
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I've been listening to my top 2020 playlist a bit more and I forgot just how good this cover is.

CristovalPeas
    Ok look I know Greta van Fleet are like, Zeppelin Jr. And basically everything they're doing is a kinda paint by numbers "vintage" rock thing but that said

Its still kinda kick ass? Like, I've never really gotten the extreme hate for them.

Desserted
  • DessertedDesserted Dessert desertRegistered User regular
    Ok look I know Greta van Fleet are like, Zeppelin Jr. And basically everything they're doing is a kinda paint by numbers "vintage" rock thing but that said

Its still kinda kick ass? Like, I've never really gotten the extreme hate for them.

Yeah I'm in the same boat here. I enjoy the music they make and don't really care if they use a similar style or whatever the argument is as to why they're bad.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    In today's episode of Solar falls head over heels in love with a mainland Euro techno lady DJ

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    spotify has me on an 8ish year lag, apparently.

both of these suffer (imo, pet peeve) from an overly repetitive chorus and make some slight lyrical missteps, but overall I'm pretty pleased with them.

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    『インタビュア | Interviewer』【鹿乃(かのKano)】中英日羅字幕ChineseJapaneseRomanjisubs 4:26

Illustration:http://goo.gl/Sjbsak
    Lyrics:http://goo.gl/pK1Ejr
    http://goo.gl/rfzqgY

作詞:クワガタP
    作曲:クワガタP
    編曲:クワガタP

翻譯:MIU

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    You’ve gone too far this time Peas.

Peas
    New IDK How But They Found Me

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Christmas music:

BrainleechastrobstrdPoorochondriac
  • CrazodCrazod Registered User regular

Boop.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Caroline Polachek - So Cold You're Hurting My Feelings

Brainleech
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    New Go! Team (well, new to me, I didn't hear it yet)

fun fact: this was recorded last year but not released until last month

Crippl3 on
    If you wanna feel real bad about yourself this neural net judges your Spotify.

I got "your Spotify was pour-over-coffee-craft-beer-snob-nobody-puts-baby-in-a-corner bad" and uh, I gotta... I gotta go rethink some things.

astrobstrdBlackDragon480Donovan PuppyfuckerDrCongohatedinamerica
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    If you wanna feel real bad about yourself this neural net judges your Spotify.

I got "your Spotify was pour-over-coffee-craft-beer-snob-nobody-puts-baby-in-a-corner bad" and uh, I gotta... I gotta go rethink some things.

Got

Based on your listening habits, I can also tell you your spotify was...

> overdramatic-instrumental bad

> heavy-eyeliner-post-punk bad

> love-your-npr-tote bad

> 60-dollar-white-tshirt bad

> please-read-my-manuscript bad

Which, first of all, it's a messenger bag that I helped kickstart...

Also got mocked for taking more than 2 minutes on FMK Hold Steady, Radiohead, and Yo La Tengo. Outside of obviously marry Yo La Tengo.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Ok so having a small toddler threw off my review because there was a bunch of dumb background noise albums clogging up the works. It didn't even take into account my handcrafted seasonally curated playlists! If it did would not have judged so harshly.

And eff you there is never enough KoRn "dad-rock" thank you very much!

This one is kinda an oldie but damn Talib Kweli, Black Thought and Pharaohe Monch on one track and it is absolutely deadly

@Juggernut

I did not know that your brother was in a weird cult rock jam band

CrazodGvzbgul
    Yeah I don't talk about him because he's successful and makes me feel bad.

I think if you keep plugging away at it your cult will really take off one day!

Kana