As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Music] Makes the World Get Down

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited January 30
    jgeis wrote: »

(Stereogum is a music blog)

SOPHIE has died in what is being described as a “tragic accident.”

aw geez that sucks.

a playlist just accidentally got me into her work too

edit: quote so it wasn't a contextless totp

Depressperado on
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I’m sick

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
    DepressperadojgeisMidnite
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular

RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4 | 3034-4093-8537 on Switch
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Registered User regular
    Bandcamp is having an event on Friday where they're waiving revenue sharing requirements for any purchases made that day:

So if you have a musician or soundtrack you've been eyeing on Bandcamp, Friday's a good day to buy for maximum profit toward the creator!

BlackDragon480DiarmuidSporkAndrewPoorochondriacDarmakJragghenMidniteZonugal
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular

I have absolutely no reason to need one but that Quad Cortex looks sexy as hell.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    Depressperado
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular

Forgetters are certainly a power trio. Blake Schwarzenbach from Jets to Brazil and Jawbreaker, Kevin Mahon from Against Me!, and Caroline Paquita from Bitchin'.

Bitchin' - Bitchin' Anthem

Jets to Brazil - Sweet Avenue (one of my favorite songs ever)

Against Me! - Burn

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Apparently strange things happen when Japanese bands get bored:

First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I've been getting into deathcore lately, and this band came across my radar when they posted a short clip of an upcoming song they're working on to Reddit. I liked it a lot so I picked up their earlier EP and I've been listening to it non-stop for the past couple weeks. Anyone know of anything else that's kinda similar I might like? I'm always looking for something new for when I'm over my current obsession lol

V0iJ9AS.png
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 5
    "Mayonaka no Door〜stay with me"/ Miki Matsubara Official Lyric Video 5:10

Illustrated by :Miku Masuda
    Video Directed by:Mubilabo
    Produce:wwwaap
    Edit:Mubilabo

The song "Mayonaka no Door/Stay With Me," which has become a revival hit around the world, has reached No. 1 on Spotify's Global Viral Charts. This is a great achievement for a song that was released 40 years ago.
    In the past few years, Japanese city pop from the 70s and 80s has been a trend, and this song has attracted the attention of club DJs from around the world, as well as curators from YouTube and subscription services. This song also attracted the attention of club DJs, YouTube and subscription service curators in many countries, and rose rapidly in the rankings of music streaming services around the world. 40 years after its release, the song is still attracting attention as a classic that reaches beyond national borders.

Cc for subs. This is the first time I've heard of the song to be honest(?) Sounds dope though

Peas on
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular

PeasBlackDragon480BahamutZERO
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    So I posted about it some in the TTRPG thread, but I discovered dungeon synth a couple days ago and I cannot stop listening to it. I've subbed to a couple different YouTube channels and everything

V0iJ9AS.png
    Endless_Serpents
  • Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Hadn't checked my email in a bit, so I was delighted to discover (a few days late) that there's a new album from The Armed coming out in April! Also apparently Eva from Rolo Tomassi has guest spot on it, so even more excited.

Fun fact: The synth player's name is supposedly Clark Huge and I am choosing to believe that it's true.

Steam | WoW | FFXIV | BNet: Eits#1367
    BlackDragon480
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    http://radio.garden/

I'm having way too much fun with this silly thing

I found some crazy doom metal playing in rome and some polka in Perth and nsync in oslo and a Christian station in pretoria.

DiarmuidKanaPeasMidnite
    I've been thinking about this song a lot lately.

Paradise by John Prine

Well, daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenburg County

Down by the Green River where paradise lay

Well I'm sorry, my son but you're too late in asking

Mr. Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

Just driving through the county I grew up in and everything is cookie cutter neighborhoods, gas stations and micro shopping centers now. Write it all down as the progress of Man.

I sure do miss John Prine.

Lindsay LohanXaquin
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    http://radio.garden/

I'm having way too much fun with this silly thing

I found some crazy doom metal playing in rome and some polka in Perth and nsync in oslo and a Christian station in pretoria.

This is fun!

So many jazz stations in Japan

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    TallahasseerielBlackDragon480Midnite
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 14
    Snail's House - Chocolate Island 3:29

▲Artwork by Kanekoshake https://twitter.com/kanekoshake

Peas on
    Endless_SerpentsSleep
    edited February 17
    Pharoahe Monch has a new album out and its real good

Shit's real good

Juggernut on
    metaghostDiarmuidMidnitehatedinamericaEndless_Serpents
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I was looking through the tweet history of a game company (Nepos Games; creators of the just-released Nebuchadnezzar) and saw this
    Did you know?

The world's oldest preserved written music is the Hurrian Hymns, found on cuneiform tablets in Ugarit and dated to about 1400 BC.

The interpretation of the notation is not clear, though several "reconstructions" have been published.

The Oldest Known Melody (Hurrian Hymn no.6 - c.1400 B.C.) 5:42

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Last week I ordered some music.

Today three CD albums arrived.

Future Nostalgia by Dua Lipa was one of them.

The other two are Pacific Breeze: Japanese City Pop, AOR & Boogie 1976-1986 and Pacific Breeze 2: Japanese City Pop, AOR & Boogie 1972-1986

Gonna enjoy some Citypop and Disco tonight.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    The White Stripes Full Set | From The Basement

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The Hold Steady have a new album out!

Gojira has a new album dropping April 30th.

In case you were wondering Gojira still kicks ass.

Tallahasseeriel
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Mogwai just put out a new album, it's good

BlackDragon480SporkAndrewRock Lobster!
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    And now some good old fashioned blues-rock:

Richie Kotzen plays one of the filthiest Telecasters on the planet.

First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Andrew WK got kind of a new sound on this one

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

(Stereogum is a music blog)

Daft Punk have disbanded. They posted a modified excerpt from their 2006 film Electroma with the message on social media, and their publicist confirmed it to Pitchfork.

FUCK

jgeisautono-wally, erotibot300AthenorGSMCristovalCrippl3ZonugalSleep
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    I'm not terribly surprised, there hasn't much tons of activity from them in years

Shame though, at least they went out on a high note (RAM and Tron: Legacy)

B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
    Crippl3
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    It's too bad they stopped, but it's so good they were there.

So many bangers in their discography.

And Alive 1997

and alive 2007 are just so good, I listen to them on a regular basis

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    Crippl3
  • GSMGSM Registered User regular
    I thought they were confirmed for Tron 3 soundtrack? But I can't find anything concrete on that, so I guess not.

Man, still sucks. This is one of the few times I would forgive someone if a thing like this turned out to be a publicity stunt. Say it ain't so, robots.

We'll get back there someday.
    Tron 3 isn't even confirmed for existence

NaphtaliZonugal
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I read the news and immediately went "Oh, damn, I loved that one album... oh, what was it... it had a big cross on the cover", long story short, that's how I found out that my favorite French electronic music duo wasn't actually Daft Punk, but Justice (who broke up back in 2018, so I'm way late).

steam_sig.png
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Random Access Memories is a hell of an album to go out on tbh. This saddens me but it was one hell of a ride.

autono-wally, erotibot300BlackDragon480Crippl3
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular

The best Daft Punk thing possible.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    yeah.. the alive remixes are something else. One of the very few live recordings that make you feel like you're there, and instantly wanna move your body, even if you weren't there

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    AthenorSleepDee Kae
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Would put good money on this being a publicity thing. Sucks if it’s legit, though.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    I read the news and immediately went "Oh, damn, I loved that one album... oh, what was it... it had a big cross on the cover", long story short, that's how I found out that my favorite French electronic music duo wasn't actually Daft Punk, but Justice (who broke up back in 2018, so I'm way late).

AFAIK Justice didn't break up, they just took a break. They put out IRIS in 2019.

David_T
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul I am silent and my silence is complicity. Registered User regular
    GSM wrote: »
    I thought they were confirmed for Tron 3 soundtrack? But I can't find anything concrete on that, so I guess not.

Man, still sucks. This is one of the few times I would forgive someone if a thing like this turned out to be a publicity stunt. Say it ain't so, robots.
    Looks like a job for 30 Seconds to Mars.