As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Lunacy Interesting Times!

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    And Obifett's day 1 votes look really good too.
    Now who do I vote for

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Does anyone have the final vote count from yesterday?

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Wildcat was last on Green so obv mafia

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Locus wrote: »
    Does anyone have the final vote count from yesterday?
    do you have to ask?
    Thanks!

• Options
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Mamawolf for pushing to save Green day 1.

• Options
    Also if you are village then please try to push the moon away.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Aura died because he was on the Green train as far as I can tell.
    Which makes me think the opposing wagon, Mamawolf, is not mafia.
    Because otherwise everyone would have good vote records, so why kill a pivotal Green voter.

Though Green seemed to be avoiding posting last time he was mafia and Mamawolf wasn't.
    This time he was on at the same time so...

discrider on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

Why?

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I feel like the moon getting closer is bad. Rising tides and all that.

• Options
  • Options
    Crashing the moon into the Earth counts as eliminating all threats to the village, right?

• Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    Kind of looking at AustinP and Virgil based on yesterday, although that's just with a quick scan after waking up, and I have not had coffee yet.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Today goes through the weekend, right?

• Options
    I've spent like an hour trying to figure out a way to display vote records that I like and I want a break :lol:

Lucedes voted Green early, probably means nothing
    but ObiFett pushed him over to 2 for an early lead, which makes me suspect him less
    Virgil_Leads_You pushed ZH in an early tie with Green, which probably means nothing but is worth noting
    bedlam had Sir Fab tied for first until he backed off and voted for LostNinja, which could be nothing but makes me suspect him more
    Green bounced around between ZH, ObiFett, and Sir Fab over MamaWolf... until the three of the colluded on ZHd

bedlam and sir fab feels like the weird bits of that to me, i'd welcome more analysis though

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I don't want to beat a dead horse too much, but I really think there's not that much suspicious about me not wanting to be one vote behind second, especially during a time where someone told me they planned to switch from Green onto me.

To then make a deal with the person in first and their spouse, both of whom I knew to be online at the time, to all pivot onto the person in third (who was seemingly offline) seems fairly logical to me.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »

Why?
    Because crashing the moon into the earth is a Bedlam thing to do and I refuse to be out-Bedlamed!

• Options
    Also, if I may point out that at some point yesterday when Mamawolf and Green were just starting to gain steam, they both voted on me in order to start a counter-wagon.

Say what you will, but if both Green and I were mafia, it seems like an odd choice to immediately try to start another day of competing mafia bandwagons.

• Options
    Also, if I may point out that at some point yesterday when Mamawolf and Green were just starting to gain steam, they both voted on me in order to start a counter-wagon.

Say what you will, but if both Green and I were mafia, it seems like an odd choice to immediately try to start another day of competing mafia bandwagons.
    The only other competing wagon at the time was MamaWolf, which they weren't going to jump on. Also, that only matters if MamaWolf was in on it. If she isn't, and said to Green "hey let's vote Sir Fab" he wouldn't have much choice to go along with it or reveal you as a mafia buddy.

But it's more Bedlam switching off you that's odd. There weren't that many swaps on Day 1, outside of you/mama/green, so that makes it an outlier. And it's the only vote off of a wagon.

Bedlam votes you midway through the voting to put you in first, VLY add ZH to second, GG adds MamaWolf to the second place a thon, a couple one off votes come in... then bedlam backs off you and onto a one-off. That's weird. Bedlam had no trouble voting Green yesterday, after he already had some heat... but not on Day 1. Also his reasoning - "to promote murder diversity" - is interesting, considering that his vote decreased diversity (at the time of his vote, it was Green 3 / MamaWolf 3 / Sir Fab 2 - meaning voting for you would have increased the tie to three-way).

So yeah. I'm pretty convinced something is going on with the two of you.

• Options
    :rotate:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Austin and Wildcat both had a vote on them and I didn't at the time the day 2 counterwagon started. Surely Green and/or Mamawolf should've tried to shift onto one of them instead?

As for the Bedlam thing, I dunno what to tell you. I've pointed out multiple reasons why I'm probably less suspicious than your average player, but if you want to base things off of an unknown alignment switching votes off of someone who's also an unknown alignment that's your prerogative.

Shouldn't you be a little more interested in Locus though? Who said he'd switch his vote to me but didn't? I mean, that logic only works if you think that both Green and I are mafia. But that doesn't seem to be a hurdle for you.

Or, if you're just looking for more info, hit up someone who hasn't actually done anything all game. Phyphor?

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Alternatively: :bzz:

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    Alternatively: :bzz:
    :tell_me_more:

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Wow. Had a rough day a work and now finally able to catch up.

To clarify some things:
    1. I have not been networking this game like I have been, mainly cause the last couple of times when I was Vig and SK, so I didn't want to risk people assuming that again. Though now that SK is out, maybe I should *shrug*

2. Anyone who questions why I didn't attempt to counterwagon someone else should know that when people are gunning for you and you attempt to start a counter and then if that person turns out to be village/and/or/special you immediately are targeted and most likely dead the next day.

3. I am not mafia. I said it and now have put it on the internet and as we all know "you can't put anything on the internet that's not true" right?

In all seriousness folks, not mafia just a victim of almost day 1 wagoned and trying to survive.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Arasaki wrote: »
    Kind of looking at AustinP and Virgil based on yesterday, although that's just with a quick scan after waking up, and I have not had coffee yet.

What do think is the story then for yesterday, Arasaki?

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Today goes through the weekend, right?

The next vote close is on MONDAY.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    So hey, looking at the narration last night.

The moon has moved past its Perigee. It has never been so close.
    If the apprentices could push it back that would be swell.

The point of the orbit closest to Earth is called perigee.
    It is not a good thing to have it get too close.
    emphasis mine

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    Arasaki wrote: »

What do think is the story then for yesterday, Arasaki?

I'm guessing you missed a word there, but scanning through you both tied the vote between MamaWolf and Green, which struck me as odd. Gizzy did as well, but jdarksun raises a reasonable point, although it wouldn't be the first time mafia voted for each other on day one.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    listen here, i can play a phalla and try to finagle and interact with mechanics and try to be reasonable and vote out mafia slowly and surely

OR

i can crash the moon into the earth

• Options
    Can The Moon Crash Into The Earth? And If It Did, Would That End The Game?

• Options
    We don't know for a fact that crashing the moon into the Earth wouldn't give everyone moon powers thus solving our problems.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Look here, if anyone gonna crash the damn moon into the earth I vote Bedlam do it.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    I'm not opposed to letting the moon crash to the Earth, per say, or even letting Bedlam do it. I just want to know what would happen if we did. And the opposite, what if we push the moon out of orbit. What would happen? These are things that keep me up at night. Along with how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. Like, how much strength does a woodchuck have? What qualities as a chuck? What kind of wood are we talking about here? So many questions, not enough answers.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    My thoughts from yesterday:
    JDark, Bedlam, JPants - All broke ties with votes for Green, look pretty good
    JFP - secured Green's lead, looks good as well
    Wildcat - last vote after green was secure. This plus throwaway at the end of Day 1 rather than extending the leader looks suspicioius
    Depending on how MamaWolf and SirFab shake out, yesterdays record should be pretty telling. I both are village I bet you will find mafia spread between their wagons and i one of them is mafia then the others wagon will obviously be the place to look. Doesn't help much right now.
    Austin - Something about Austin is rubbing me wrong this game. Could be nothing but feels like something there.
    Cyth and Virgil also both look like trying to build an alternate wagon without looking like their doing it.

From Day 1:
    Gizzy and Locus look good with their Green votes.
    SirFab looks pretty decent as well as his vote for Green is a very risky play as a mafia, could easily have snowballed or not been able to turn the wagon to ZH.
    Obi looks good to a lesser degree.

• Options
    Obi was also voted to two votes by Green, so you have two mafia pushing heat on each other Day 1 if Obi is mafia, which seems unlikely.

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Also, I would like to point out that I voyed for Sir Fab Day 2 because I didn't have much else to go on and didn't want to hop on a Green wagon. Who I know yes turned out to be mafia, but with not much to go off on from his postings Day 1 or 2, I stayed with my gut.

I am reading over the posts now, cause clearly I am missing something.

Not to self: "Always know that spouse is mafia!"

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Also, I would like to point out that I voyed for Sir Fab Day 2 because I didn't have much else to go on and didn't want to hop on a Green wagon. Who I know yes turned out to be mafia, but with not much to go off on from his postings Day 1 or 2, I stayed with my gut.

I am reading over the posts now, cause clearly I am missing something.

Not to self: "Always know that spouse is mafia!"

You don't talk about these things before you go to bed at night?

"Did you lock the door?"
    "Yes."
    "Do you want spaghetti for dinner tomorrow."
    "Yes."
    "Are you mafia?"
    "Yes... I mean no, pfff, oh course I'm not. Let's go to bed."

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I know Jdark's got a spreadsheet up, but I feel like I comprehend better what's happening better when I see the vote history like this:

Day 1
    5 Zombie Hero - Void Slayer (10), Virgil (13), Green (20), Mamawolf (25), Sir Fab (26), Green (28)
    4 Green - Lucedes (1), Obifett (3), Locus (22), SirFab (24), Gizzy (27)

1 Obifett - Discrider (2), Green (21),
    1 Lucedes - AustinP (4)
    1 SirFab - Mamawolf (5), Zombie Hero (11), Bedlam (12), Green (23)
    1 AustinP - JPants (6)
    1 Mamawolf - Gizzy (7), Grunt's Ghosts (14), SirFab (19)
    1 Wildcat - Phyphor (8)
    1 Locus - Auralynx (9)
    1 Bluecyan - Araski (16)
    1 Justice for Pluto - Bluecyan (17)
    1 LostNinja - Bedlam (18)
    1 Phyphor - Wildcat (29)
    0 Virgil - Locus (15)

Did not vote: Justice4Pluto, jdarksun, premium, lostninja, cythraul

Day 2
    9 Green - Lucedes (3), Jdark (6), Aura (7), Bedlam (13), Jpants (16), JFP (17), ObiFett (19), premium (20), wildcat (21)
    5 Mamawolf - Discrider (2), Gizzy (9), AustinP (10), Virgil (15), Arasaki (18)
    3 Sirfab - AustinP (5), Mamawolf (11), Green (12), Cythraul (14)

1 AustinP - Sirfab (4)
    1 Wildcat - Locus (8)
    0 Obifett - Discrider (1)

Did not vote: Void Slayer, Grunt's Ghosts, Phyphor

Day 3 In progress!

4 Wildcat - Discrider (4), JFP (7), Mamawolf (11), Grunt's Ghosts (13)
    4 Mamawolf - Bedlam (5), Gizzy (8), AustinP (12), Phyphor (14)

1 Gizzy - Grunt's Ghosts (1), Sir Fab (2)
    1 Sir Fab - Jdark (3)
    1 Araski - Virgil (6)
    1 Void Slayer - Cythraul (9)
    1 Phyphor - Lucedes (10)

Still need to vote: Locus, Jpants, wildcat, premium, Arasaki, Void, Obifett

Gizzy on
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Wildcat for seeing a close vote and throwing a vote on neither part.