Options

[Arknights] Drillelectric Banner & Paid Anniv G5*!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    ahCkuCq.jpg

They're just creating new banners now. This banner lineup hasn't appeared at all in CN.

I was hoping for Blue Poison. :bigfrown:

RIP Banner Clairvoyance

Yeah, I'm of mixed opinions cuz I wanted Blue Poison but HOLY CRAP AN EXUSIAI BANNER YES PLEEEEAZZEEEE (I would also be ok lowering Siege's DP cost by one :P And I have been really wanting a Ptilopsis like I said). The 5* sniper person would also be new but I hear she isn't super great. Watch me get a million Nearls now after I was sad not getting her several banners ago (but then finally pulled her)

Yeah, Provence is interesting but at best niche. But one of three 5*s being a whiff if you draw her isn't bad at all - it's a really good banner.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Polaritie wrote: »
    ahCkuCq.jpg

They're just creating new banners now. This banner lineup hasn't appeared at all in CN.

I was hoping for Blue Poison. :bigfrown:

RIP Banner Clairvoyance

Yeah, I'm of mixed opinions cuz I wanted Blue Poison but HOLY CRAP AN EXUSIAI BANNER YES PLEEEEAZZEEEE (I would also be ok lowering Siege's DP cost by one :P And I have been really wanting a Ptilopsis like I said). The 5* sniper person would also be new but I hear she isn't super great. Watch me get a million Nearls now after I was sad not getting her several banners ago (but then finally pulled her)

Yeah, Provence is interesting but at best niche. But one of three 5*s being a whiff if you draw her isn't bad at all - it's a really good banner.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with this one. I have a bunch of pulls saved up so I can go ham on it if needed. And yeah, even if Provence isn't super good, she's new and I will take anyone that is new. I'm fine with that (I mean, hey, I can still use em in my base :P). Really the only bummer pull would be Nearl but at least I still can merge her up, even if I already have Saria and probably won't use her (I dunno, it's just fun to merge stuff... it's a bigger bummer if you pull someone who is already at max potential)

Edit: Oh, side note, forgot to mention - beat 5-3 challenge map last night. Suddenly today I'm seeing a bunch of people in the reddit question thread mention it's considered the hardest challenge map so I kinda feel proud about that now :3 Makes me eager to try the others if they are supposed to be easier (I've only done 5-1 and 5-2 so far in chapter 5... I've practiced a couple beyond 5-3 but haven't quite figured out a winning strat yet... especially that one with the drone jammer... I'm wondering if I need to spam DP generating vanguards... I can get through the first wave of drones but the second one seems to kind of hard require the jammer...)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Provence looks like the kind of jank I'd dig.

Honestly other than a Siege dupe or Nearl I'd be happy with any of them.

• Options
    edited March 2020

Yeah, if XP and money wasn't so damn limited in this game she seems like the kind of character that would be fun to build for niche use. I really wish leveling wasn't so god damn expensive (especially beyond e1 30 or so)

I do hear she's kind of good in future chapters due to her high DPS, but I think Schwarz is supposed to be way better when she comes.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    It's usually the 2nd unit listed that goes in the shop so I'm going to guess Siege and Nearl for yellow certs.
    Also, it turns out I've completely neglected leveling any AoE Guard ... oops. I guess that's the next goal. Hopefully I can find a strat for Annihilation 3 that gets me close to 400 kills before the Monday reset.
    Just gotta get my main line-up from E1 40-50ish to E1 max level I think.

• Options

Yeah, if XP and money wasn't so damn limited in this game she seems like the kind of character that would be fun to build for niche use. I really wish leveling wasn't so god damn expensive (especially beyond e1 30 or so)

I do hear she's kind of good in future chapters due to her high DPS, but I think Schwarz is supposed to be way better when she comes.

Honestly E1 30-45 is usually a good bench mark for a unit being usable in a bunch of content and to see if you'll like them.

It's only six stars and niche stuff like AOE guards where I feel like I'm not getting the 'real' unit till I hit elite 2 or some specific skill breakpoint.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Lorek wrote: »
    It's usually the 2nd unit listed that goes in the shop so I'm going to guess Siege and Nearl for yellow certs.
    Also, it turns out I've completely neglected leveling any AoE Guard ... oops. I guess that's the next goal. Hopefully I can find a strat for Annihilation 3 that gets me close to 400 kills before the Monday reset.
    Just gotta get my main line-up from E1 40-50ish to E1 max level I think.

Yeah that's my assumption. Bummer, means I'm saving my yellow certs even longer (funny enough I'm just about up to 180 too)

And yeah, same. I'm trying to pump some levels into Specter real quick :3 Though I'm also trying to get Ifrit to e2 so currently all my money is going towards that (she's basically ready to go besides the stupid LMD cost of it... I need to make the chips but they're currently cooking in the factory). Still got *basically* a week so assuming I can finish off Ifrit tonight that gives me a lot of time to build up Specter and hopefully an AOE healer...

(I'm also wondering if that video's level requirement for the bottom lane pusher is accurate.. my Shaw is only e1 lvl 15... is she gonna survive? That's generally been enough to "push stuff" but I dunno if she needs to tank at all while waiting on recharges)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

Provence's only issue is Schwarz later existing and doing her thing better.

Also same. Anything other than a dupe Siege/Nearl will make me happy.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    It's the downside to being on an accelerated schedule, you have less time to build stuff up. So that's liable to make the LMD and XP bottlenecks feel even worse because that's just less time you have to level characters before the next wave of stuff hits. Honestly, I have mixed feelings on their schedule. On one hand they do need to catch up, on the other hand you definitely feel it as F2P and I have to wonder if fish and dolphins are feeling it as well. I wish some of these companies would look into the idea of maybe throwing some bones to alleviate the pain and if the old servers whine, just always point out that the goal is to catch up the newer server and in order to do that, they do need some bones because they weren't given the benefit to build up stuff before new shit dropped.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I might just throw in for that banner. I don't have either of the 6* and the Ptilopsis there would be a great 5* catch

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020

click for the full image (it's important)

Orphane on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    dbjg1larpb6c.png

(BTW, what exactly do the trainers do for the training room? Cuz I didn't have a caster trainer but she's still able to learn at least her first mastery level)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    (BTW, what exactly do the trainers do for the training room? Cuz I didn't have a caster trainer but she's still able to learn at least her first mastery level)

They just decrease the time it takes.

• Options

They just decrease the time it takes.

Ah ok

• Options
    Dreamy's 4th A3 guide, for those people that invested literally everything into their Silver Ash. Literally everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOBUb9EN2nY

Full Clear.
    The first three party videos will be far more beneficial to most of us. I'm probably gonna do a variation inspired by the Angelina one myself.

• Options
    Sigh.. I was hoping the last one was SilverAsh but going for level 90 seems absurd at this point in the game. Seems kind of at odds with the rest of the series; like there is no viable strat to show with like an e2 20-30 SilverAsh?

Oh well. FEater is up to e1 40 lvl 7 now. So one more in the almost ready pile.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    You'll likely be fine as long as you have S3M3, they straight up say in that video they never tried it with a non-maxed SA

Going from like E240 or something to E290 isn't actually an immense difference for the investment though, and the mastery levels on the skill are far more important

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Moar trust building

pxCfd7Lh.jpg

And state security dragon girl heard you talking shit

l6ndCjZh.jpg

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Finally got Castle-3, not with the robot tag but by spamming guard tags. Worse thing is, I've had two robot+guard combo setups and in both the fucking robot tag dropped. Regardless, I finally have him and more importantly, I have another operator that works with power plants. So I can have more drones to throw out the factories.

Honestly, I think my plan from no one, when I have garbage that is likely to get me a 3* and one of the tags is either guard or medic. I'll shoot to see if I get lucky and pull one of the bots. Good way to save some LMD, get through my current glut of 25+ tickets and maybe get some potential on stuff.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Look at me, the one that just starts and cancels recruits to cycle tags because 99% of the time it's going to be the same ones anyway.

Whee.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Are you out anything if you cancel a recruitment? I honestly hadn't thought of that and that might be a better way to game things.

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    Are you out anything if you cancel a recruitment? I honestly hadn't thought of that and that might be a better way to game things.

You definitely are. You don't get back the lmd or the permit. I just do it because I don't care about the sub 1% chance it isn't a 3*.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    But your green cert income

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

A3 opens on Monday. All daily missions continue through the 16th.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    Sigh.. I was hoping the last one was SilverAsh but going for level 90 seems absurd at this point in the game. Seems kind of at odds with the rest of the series; like there is no viable strat to show with like an e2 20-30 SilverAsh?

Oh well. FEater is up to e1 40 lvl 7 now. So one more in the almost ready pile.

The other videos use a Silverash that's around those levels to clear part of one of the waves.

The Silverash specific strat is practically a joke one where the sheer power of anime can obliterate the entire main wave.

Also speaking of Money Methods: https://youtu.be/6ntoApcyMy0

• Options
    But your green cert income

I spend money, so yeah. All I want is the stuff I can't headhunt. Otherwise green certs are something I'm not particularly worried about.

I didn't say it was a good or efficient thing. Just something I do. Mhmm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Look at me, the one that just starts and cancels recruits to cycle tags because 99% of the time it's going to be the same ones anyway.

Whee.

Wait you can cancel them???? Hmmm... probably not worth due to green certs, but something to consider...

Edit: Mannnn, rip every farm map being up. I just ate all my LMD on leveling up Specter :( She's e1 lvl 43 which is a pretty ok position now (I'll bump her up a bit more before Annihilation 3 comes out - I figure 50 or 55 is a good thing to aim for) but man do I need cash now :( I also still need an AOE healer - kinda debating if I go all in on Perfumer or try and see if I can get Ptilopsis on the 6th when that banner drops... I suppose I'll still have a few days before A3 hits so I can at least wait until then to see if I get her (which I kinda think I will - I want to go hard for Exusiai and I have a 1/3 chance in the first 10 pulls as it is - I wonder if pulling 6*s kills that guaranteed 5* thing too...)

At least all the farm maps are coming back next week. I hope this is a thing they keep doing often - it's nice to have them all up :3

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Randomly getting a 6 star in the first 10 pulls on a banner does consume the guaranteed 5* or better bonus yes.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Randomly getting a 6 star in the first 10 pulls on a banner does consume the guaranteed 5* or better bonus yes.

Ok, good to know. I figured that was the case but you never know :P

• Options
    Thanks to the Korean and Japanese news, we know that the Hoshiguma, Meteorite, & Liskarm special banner is coming on the 11th. This is like the Silver Ash and Skadi banners and doesn't replace the standard rotation and none of them will be shop buyable. But it is a solo rate up for Hoshiguma and the best chance to get the other two.

I have no idea why the EN side is giving out information so late compared to the JP and KR announcements.

• Options
    Thanks to the Korean and Japanese news, we know that the Hoshiguma, Meteorite, & Liskarm special banner is coming on the 11th. This is like the Silver Ash and Skadi banners and doesn't replace the standard rotation and none of them will be shop buyable. But it is a solo rate up for Hoshiguma and the best chance to get the other two.

I have no idea why the EN side is giving out information so late compared to the JP and KR announcements.

Tempted to pull on that. I'll have to see how I do on the Exusiai banner. I would not mind a Hoshiguma tho and Liskarm is one I'm still missing.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    They're changing the banners completely and I have no idea what's next anymore and RIP my chance to buy Blue Poision so.... I bought an Ifrit.

aPJTtif.jpg

Now just missing Ptilopsis from their little group.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Have SilverAsh E2 and Meteorite E2 now. Slowly gearing up some E2s and excited to be getting some troops leveled up.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I reckon I’ll buy Ptilopsis if she is in the shop. I don’t think any 6* operators that would really be a boon to me will be in the shop soon... and I don’t want another to level.

Saria would be good, but I don’t think she will enable my beyond what I’ve got really.

• Options

I wonder if your guaranteed has better 6* odds.

• Options
    Woohoo got my first 5* from recruitment, finally! It wasn't even from an operator tag, I got a weird one called Crowd Control. Which can apparently only be Texas, Projekt Red, or Mayer. Turned into a dupe Texas.

• Options
    So doing the math on current orundum sources that don't include the trading post or the store (namely certificates). Sorry, if I forgot any sources, playing GFL right now, so don't want to close that out to see if we get any for logins. Also why I'm not including shop stuff because I don't know it off the top of my head, other than that the first tier of green certificate purchases gives you some.
    -100 for the daily (700 total for the week if no daily orundum reward is missed)
    -500 for the weekly
    -Seems like we reliable get 200 for maintenance
    -1600 for annihilations, assuming one has gotten a perfect score for both A1 and A2

So currently, it looks like we get 3K a week, which boils down to 5 draws. Curious to see how much A3 will boost that. I suppose one upside to the accelerate calendar is that it's slowly moving us into a spot where F2P can easily guarantee that they can do a 10 draw for two banners each month.

Also biggest chance to QoL in regards to annihilations is probably having it snapshot unit power when it saves an auto play. Luckily, I didn't have to redo mine for this week, but those are long enough that they really should find something to minimize the fussiness of auto deploy and a snapshot of a complete runs operators would probably be the best approach. That way if someone levels one or two operators in an annihilation run, they wont' have to dread having to redo the thing because 10 levels completely hosed the timing of something key. I don't want to manually run an annihilations after completing it unless I decided to try different units or to get a smoother run after raising enough units used to make it worth my while. I'd have to say no on 3x speed, not unless they fix things where changes in speed can break things because I just see that breaking things spectacularly with the current incarnation of auto deploy because it's kind of a janky setup.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm definitely in the heart of the grind at this point. Silverash,

I wonder if your guaranteed has better 6* odds.

Could be, but also think about the inverse. You've always got a chance at a 6*, and when you finally pull it it will burn out the 5* guarantee slot.

What is this I don't even.