Options

[Arknights] Drillelectric Banner & Paid Anniv G5*!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I want Exusiai real bad, here's hoping, but I don't plan to pull too much beyond whatever I can farm up ASAP

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Exu definitely feels strong as hell in a "solves every drone based map problem" way but does have a huge drawback in terms of not being able to slaughter armoured enemies like Meteorite's crit can.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I always have trouble understanding that spreadsheet. I wish someone would re-write it in a format that isn't confusing as hell :P

What part of it do you find confusing?

Like the whole thing. Like, say I want the blue cube things. What is the best level to run? Do I run the one that drops them + the blue chip things that can be combined into a blue cube? Do I run one with *just* the blue chip things but maybe the other drops are good for other stuff? I have a hard time determining that stuff from that spreadsheet, or even determining which level to run depending on which of those two things I want to do (blue cubes as fast as possible or efficient farming of everything). It feels like it wants me to do a lot of math with the "sanity cost per hour" or whatever metric thing it uses. (edit: On top of this, the blue cubes aren't even a thing listed on the main chart...)

I also literally don't understand what any of the other tabs mean. The Individual Farming Rates one is semi understandable but the rest just seems like it wants me to do a ton of math to get any use out of them :/ And also try and figure out what they are even referring to because they don't use pictures :/ (ex: what is "Polished Stone"? What is "Alcohol"? There's like 4 types of stones and there's nothing that looks like alcohol... I'm sure if I looked up the name of everything I could figure it out, but that's a lot of extra work when they could just include a picture and make it clear in seconds :P Ironically the tabs that DO have pictures don't list the names!!)

Edit: I looked it up on the toolbox.. apparently alcohol are the things that look like bags of potato chips -_- (honestly I was guessing it was the beakers of golden alcohol-colored liquid even though this seemed like an odd as hell container for alcohol... but then, so are potato chip bags...). Also polished stone is apparently the Zelda floor tiles... that was kinda what I was guessing.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I mean, the spreadsheet doesn't want you to do math. It did the math for you already. Far right colum. Sanity ratio. Higher is better.

It's all color coordinated highlighting the best nodes too.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I mean, the spreadsheet doesn't want you to do math. It did the math for you already. Far right colum. Sanity ratio. Higher is better.

It's all color coordinated highlighting the best nodes too.

Well, they've color coordinated one column. And none of the columns list tier 4 items...

Also this part is where it loses me especially:
    "If you just want to farm an item without considering the map's subproducts. You can consult this chart. If you want to be as efficient as possible with your sanity, read on." (I assume "read on" means go to another tab but the other tabs make no sense to me)

Edit: Wait, isn't lower sanity ratio better?

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Exu definitely feels strong as hell in a "solves every drone based map problem" way but does have a huge drawback in terms of not being able to slaughter armoured enemies like Meteorite's crit can.

I just have Meteor for anti-air and don't worry about it much... of course 4*s are easy to max out...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

I just have Meteor for anti-air and don't worry about it much... of course 4*s are easy to max out...

5-7 definitely forced me to have more anti air than just Meteor.

Like I literally had E1 maxed Meteor and Kroos + E1:50 Blue Poison and those drones only just got done.

It seems like any given 'extreme' map is going to ask for 2-3 of the main class/sub type for them if you don't have stuff overlevelled.

• Options
    Side note - I was looking at upcoming characters and just noticed something for the first time... there is a character coming named "Waai Fu".....................

• Options
    Waifu, as furry bait, has the correct name.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

frost drones kind of shrug off Exia but they kind of do it to all fast snipers considering they have 600 def and slow atk speed to a crawl

thankfully frost drones are still kind of rare
    Side note - I was looking at upcoming characters and just noticed something for the first time... there is a character coming named "Waai Fu".....................

funny story one of the characters in the same batch is translated as "Aak", which might be weird but is more or less true to source since his name is literally a single Chinese character pronounced "ah". it's a catchall sound for an exclamation of surprise, realization, or the moment right before a "to be Continued" jojo meme happens

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

8 Second AoE Silence burst attack with a 16 Second Redeployment time.

If I could waifu gameplay, that's a good gameplay to waifu.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Y'know, I don't think I posted my friend ID to be added to the spreadsheet. It's Madican#9057

• Options
    i am thankfully at a place where i can just go for guaranteed 5*s on new banners, at least until they start rolling out new 6*s

i really hope they space those out

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Official notice

Goodbye foresight

Yeah, we knew this was what it was gonna be due to the Korean server or whatever tho. I have so much originium (or whatever the red shit is) saved up (thanks lvl 65 pro pack!), so I am hyped :3
    ...1 day advance notice from Korea is not the same as 6 months advance notice from China.
    Madican wrote: »
    Y'know, I don't think I posted my friend ID to be added to the spreadsheet. It's Madican#9057
    The spreadsheet is free to edit.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    new banner is live

7 rolls for -1 DP on Ptilopsis

not bad, i'll take it

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    10 rolls for -1 DP on Zima. Could be worse.

Shop is Siege and Nearl, for the curious.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Dupe Nearl. Would have gladly loved my first Pito or Provence but no dice. May your luck be better.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    1 roll for -4 deployment on Provence.
    Not complaining, but this is the second time I got the guaranteed on the first pull. I guess I'll just keep hoarding orundum.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    10 pulls and got my third straight FEater as my guarantee. Game really wants me to use her.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Shop is tempting, but with not having so many units, I'll save the gold certs for when something I don't have is available. Probably should have grabbed Spectre when she was up as a 45 purchase.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Guarantee on first pull, dupe Provence.

Sad times, i want Exusiai.

• Options
    Got Exu and Provence. Only one I don’t have on the banner is the healer which is annoying.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Budgeted four ten pulls. Goal is Exusiai, would like Siege and Ptilopsis as nice to have.

Singles to start and Franka is the G5 in six. Here we go.

Ten pull into Siege and Nearl. Off to an excellent start but I had built up a bit of pity I think.

Another ten into Nearl and Exusiai!

Mission accomplished, back to hoarding.

• Options
    Well did single pulls and this was what I got.
    Vigna
    Fang
    Vanilla
    Vigna
    Fang
    Perfumer
    Specter (guess it was a good thing I didn't get her from the shop)
    Blue Poison
    Skadi (first 6* getting 2 potential)
    Cardigan

Don't think I can complain too much since Blue Poison is supposed to be good. Skadi will be cheaper to deploy. Probably maxed out Vigna's potential and I use her a decent bit. Specter is suppose to have uses. Was hoping to get Exusia, but I figure I'll get her sooner or later. Siege dupe would have also been okay, since I use her enough that cheaper deployment would have been welcome. Was going to laugh if I had ended up with nothing but vanguards because it was looing that way with the first 6 pulls.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I have 0 originium and 50 orundum

But I also have Exusiai

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Pulled nightingale in 2 pulls off the banner, not what I expected but I'll take it, so long lmd

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Well, as I said I would do, I whaled for Exusiai :P Used up all the stuff I had to begin with and actually got Shining as my first 6*... k game. She was new at least! :P Then proceeded to get two dupe Sieges (well, -dp and deployment time is ok :P) before I finally got Exusiai. Also got so many stupid Providences. Had to pull a little more to finally get Ptilopsis (amazingly not a single Nearl). Also got a handful of new 5*s - Projekt Red, Istina... and a couple dupes (Franka, Cliffheart, Specter). Overall not too bad. But now I have no money cuz I just leveled my three major pulls (Exusiai, Shining, Ptilopsis) up to 50, which means I can't promote them T_T TOMORROW THEN

• Options
    Istina is suppose to be a very solid upgrade to Orchid. It's a shame that her skill two isn't a permanent passive, but a guess an AoE slow (even if it can only hit three mooks at a time) would be too powerful.

Looking at my potion stock. wondering if I could get my operators setup to run A3 next week. Big thing is I need to finish ch. 4. Also hard to tell how long it'll take to farm up the xp, LMD, chips and mats that I still need. Though at this point, the only chips I need are for FEater, Savage, Mousse & Lappland, with the last three needing to be promoted to E2. Though ton of operators, where I need to boost their skills. I'll check the guide and see how many need SL7. Gitano will be the last one I promote because I'd rather have a different AoE than her and don't think it's quite practical yet for me to get SilverAsh promoted, when I have other E2 priorities. Though it is really tempting to try it with Lava because even though she isn't as powerful as Gitano, I don't have to worry about an RNG talent messing with things.

I'm just hoping I get a good enough setup that I can ignore A2, even if I can't get perfect on the first few A3 attempts. Otherwise, I'm going to have to slow walk A2 again because the levels on Shirayuki and Jessica are totally going to fuck Cuora's shield timing. Could be a bigger deal if I can make Lava work (assuming I try) or E2 SilverAsh. I doubt that's going to be enough incoming damage to nuke red asshole Samurai before they can kill Cuora without one of her skills up.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    First roll was Exu.

Which is a dupe for me. I apologize for stealing someone else's roll.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Pulled 9 times, but I need 40 more orundum to get my guaranteed 5*

I’ll do that tomorrow

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Gonna see who I get on the guarenteed 5* on the upcoming Hoshiguma banner next week before I roll more here.

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    Vigna
    Fang
    Vanilla
    Vigna
    Fang
    Perfumer
    Blue Poison
    Cardigan

Don't think I can complain too much since Blue Poison is supposed to be good. Skadi will be cheaper to deploy. Probably maxed out Vigna's potential and I use her a decent bit. Specter is suppose to have uses. Was hoping to get Exusia, but I figure I'll get her sooner or later. Siege dupe would have also been okay, since I use her enough that cheaper deployment would have been welcome. Was going to laugh if I had ended up with nothing but vanguards because it was looing that way with the first 6 pulls.

Blue Poison is really generically good. You just stick her with skill 1 on and she spreads art damage and the usual dps of anti drone snipers around for 13 DP.

She's rarely ever like, exceptional, but she does a great job of always being useful.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSPYeLv3QBk&feature=youtu.be

---

New banner...
    Single 1 - 4*
    Single 3 - Warfarin P2

...okay, sure.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Mill wrote: »
    Vigna
    Fang
    Vanilla
    Vigna
    Fang
    Perfumer
    Blue Poison
    Cardigan

Don't think I can complain too much since Blue Poison is supposed to be good. Skadi will be cheaper to deploy. Probably maxed out Vigna's potential and I use her a decent bit. Specter is suppose to have uses. Was .hoping to get Exusia, but I figure I'll get her sooner or later. Siege dupe would have also been okay, since I use her enough that cheaper deployment would have been welcome. Was going to laugh if I had ended up with nothing but vanguards because it was looing that way with the first 6 pulls.

Blue Poison is really generically good. You just stick her with skill 1 on and she spreads art damage and the usual dps of anti drone snipers around for 13 DP.

She's rarely ever like, exceptional, but she does a great job of always being useful.

I love units that tend to be generalist units because they are always worth the investment, even if aren't the best unit.

It's niche units that make me cringe because even if they are really exceptional, it's a ton of resources spend for a small gain on some maps. If annihilations snapshot stuff, I'd have less of an issue with RNG units, Gitano & Providence, but those exist and that really kills RNG units for me, since the RNG talent could absolute fuck you on an auto run in some way.

At some point, I do want to switch Shirayuki out for Meteorite. I love Shirayuki, but Meteorite looks like she'll be tons of fun. I should also see how Blue Poison compares to Jessica, could be a fun unit to switch in. I just have to watch DP costs.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    did my 10 pull on new banner, didn't get Siege or Exusiai like I wanted but at least my 5 star was a new Ptilopsis and not a dupe Nearl

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    it was worth doing a few more single pulls :D

52zw4iaf8q4u.jpg

e: whoops sorry didn't realize my phone was rendering at a pointlessly huge resolution
    also seems like vanilla is no longer resizing and center-justifying images

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Noice, I've been doing a couple rando single pulls on the banner after I got everyone just to see if I can pull anything interesting. Just got a second Exusiai :3 13 cost ftw!!

• Options
    edited March 2020
    now my question is do I want to level Ptilopsis or keep using Perfumer as my AOE medic, Perfumer doesn't have a HUGE investment sunk in her already so I can probably switch without too much trouble

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Ptilopsis is probably the best healer in the game, so it's worth investing in her.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Now for some silly flexing. This first image is easier because I haven't gotten anyone new in a bit. Especially not a Ptiloposis, Exusai, or Provence that I would have gladly taken.

9uZUCWI.jpg

Everyone E1's and, at minimum, Skill 4. At least until I get someone new. Yay roster depth options. And more Base skills.

Now for the high end of the roster so far.

t037bL9.jpg

Still going for depth over specialization here atm. Still only one skill M3 at the moment, but a few M1s.

vagrant_winds on