As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    Bit of good advice from reddit: if you are done grinding for timelost weapons, and just want the resources from dismantling frames, spam trophy hunters or pyroclastics. If your season rank is high enough, those two will drop a higher masterwork level and have a much higher chance of dropping enhancement cores over the other weapons.

My XP farm is almost done, so this is good to know. I went from 61 on the Seasonal rank last week to 97 last night, and I still have ~9k Fractaline to work with earn and dismantle Perfect Paradoxes with. Such a weird bug that you can get between 5 and 7 of those bounties, but a welcome one.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    After many many many bounties, I finally got a Traveler's Judgement with Control SAS, Ricochet Rounds, Rapid Hit, and Tap the Trigger (plus Range Masterwork). The stability stat is 100. I'm looking forward to trying a sidearm out as an alternative to my Mindbenders (since I expect it'll be nerfed, and I want a loadout with no Special to avoid feeding the enemy). Combined with my Rapid Hit Sacred Provenance, now all I need is a Rapid Hit….uh….Sword? I dunno.

I'm historically terrible with Sidearms, but it'll be nice mixup. Now if they could only make non-Recluse SMGs more viable it would be a delight.

Iron Banner last night was rather sweaty, and it reminded me that I really really hope that NewTrials doesn't bring back light advantage since muscle memory got me killed many times last night after muscle memory assumed my shoulder charge would one shot a dude and I immediately turned my back on my still living prey.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

"Oh god, 7 billion is too low, they're going too fast! How do we stretch this further????"

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I don't think Trials can possibly be light level enabled with the way the system works. A mode that rewards grinding bounties forever to jack your season pass up and have a 10-20 light level advantage over people that literally can't play that much is fine I guess, although I'm pretty fucking done with IB in its current form, but if Trials comes back that way I'll quit Destiny forever*.

*forever in this case being defined as a while, probably, until I come back.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Crimson days and trying to grind to legend have reminded me that I am unlikely to get very far in trials.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    Crimson days and trying to grind to legend have reminded me that I am unlikely to get very far in trials.

The good news is that Trials gear is usually available to anyone who can make it to like, 3 wins. The only gear that's super hard to get is the Flawless armor/weapons.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I love Crimson Doubles. The only thing I dislike in that mode is that it's so easy to waste your super.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Hi pax. Long time no post.

I haven't been playing recently but I discovered some RL friends who play destiny but have never raided, and I offered to take them through Last Wish. The one problem with that is that I've never done Riven legit. Does the old school Riven cheese still work now that you actually have to reload rocket launchers?

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    You can do "old school" riven cheese with swords now. Run WOL, radiance, and just right click her foot (heavy attack). Done it multiple times this way

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    Hi pax. Long time no post.

I haven't been playing recently but I recently discovered some RL friends who play destiny but have never raided, and I offered to take them through Last Wish. The one problem with that is that I've never done Riven legit. Does the old school Riven cheese still work now that you actually have to reload rocket launchers?

Two cheeses exist currently

1- Swords: Requires 1 well, 1 bubble, 1 tractor cannon, 5x whirlwind blade swords.
    Basically everyone stacks up right next to Riven’s left claw, you pop bubble for damage, well to survive the DoT and everyone just heavy/R2 swings over and over while the tractor cannon person fires away. No one else should try to do anything else, it’s not worth the time it takes (no nighthawk, no nova, no blade barrage)

2. Grenade launcher: Requires 1 tractor cannon, 1 bubble. Everyone needs either a 150 rpm with spike, or a prospector. Just do the same strat as the old rocket cheese. I find this one actually easier to do than the sword cheese, but the sword cheese is technically easier to build for since some people lack prospector still, but probably own a sword.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    and of course, pepper in a Celestial Nighthawk if possible

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    and of course, pepper in a Celestial Nighthawk if possible

With the GL build, sure. You’ll likely have time to empty your full reserves, more damage always helps.

Sword build, don’t bother. It eats time you could be swording, and the timing window seems tighter than the GL strat.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Also the more "Riven's Curse" or "Transcendent Blessing" armor, the better.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Alternatively: Learn how to do it legit! Its really not that hard. And its really really fun!

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Alternatively: Learn how to do it legit! Its really not that hard. And its really really fun!

Eh, it's kinda a bitch. I only did it legit once and I'd rather cheese any day

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Eh, it's kinda a bitch. I only did it legit once and I'd rather cheese any day

It seems hard because you only did it once though

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    I guess I just think everything that comes before takes long enough that I usually just want to get the boss over with. The mechanics of the final fight aren't so amazing that I feel the need to do it properly every time. Doing it once is enough for me.

• Options
    Patch notes are up and Fusions are getting nerfed. Also... TLW?

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Patch notes are up and Fusions are getting nerfed. Also... TLW?

The changes to LoW and TLW are very much a response to the PC environment; arguably, this is how TLW should be, as the current behavior (with its ranged efficacy) pretty much disregards the gun's intent.

Sounds like Erentil will still mostly be Erentil, assuming you didn't rely on Backup Plan.

• Options
    I don't like that TLW is getting hit on consoles because of PC balance. Pretty lame, and I had only just got used to how it behaved. It wasn't even my go to load out, but depending on how bad it is, it could be out of my rotation entirely.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    It's pretty absurd that they don't balance Console/PC separately. There is so much shit that only is possible on PC and they should really just admit that.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Seems like my way of using fusions will mean that erentil will still do work for me, just maybe missing those crazy long range gibs.

Also, it looks like my relentless farming for a god roll trophy hunter might have paid off, as aggressive archetypes weren’t touched.

Whisper w/ catalyst just became the undisputed king of dps options, period.

Prospector is now the best of GL dps.

Legend of Acrius is probably going to be worth using if we ever get a boss we can be that close to without getting stomped.

Edit: somehow missed the 20% nerf to all snipers. Need to check what that does to the numbers for whisper, unless it and darci were excluded from the SK patch buff

ronzo on
  • Options
    Izanagi’s should be moved into the heavy weapons category with these changes. The didn’t just nerf it, they took it around back and murdered it executioner style. It’s like a 50%+ dps loss

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    What’s happening with Izinagi?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    The animation speed of Honed Edge is no longer affected by the reload stat
    Outlaw has been replaced with No Distractions

I'm not sure this is that bad, but I don't know. Maybe the first change is a bigger deal then it seems.

• Options
    Also I'm sorry console players, but I'm good with any changes to TLW because fuck that gun on PC. It's like a goddamn pulse-rifle I swear.

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    I think the Honed Edge change is gonna end up being a very big deal, probably enough to go back to fulltime whisper usage (when possible)

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    shryke wrote: »
    Also I'm sorry console players, but I'm good with any changes to TLW because fuck that gun on PC. It's like a goddamn pulse-rifle I swear.

I get that, but tbh I'd rather they just disable the gun and tune it for PC there than nerf it for consoles where it was already like, my third choice loadout at best

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    The animation speed of Honed Edge is no longer affected by the reload stat
    Outlaw has been replaced with No Distractions

I'm not sure this is that bad, but I don't know. Maybe the first change is a bigger deal then it seems.

It’s massive. Using the Damage Chart Spreadsheet that people from Reddit maintain, With the catalyst:

base reload DPS: 14,857
    Rally/Luna DPS: 24,761

So now the DPS is going to be 11,885, which is about the current damage a 90rpm legendary sniper puts out currently. Except if you miss a honed edge shot it’s going to drop even further.

It might still be okay at killing champions.

• Options

I get that, but tbh I'd rather they just disable the gun and tune it for PC there than nerf it for consoles where it was already like, my third choice loadout at best

My hope is that it's not a big deal for controller and that this:
    Reduced stability for Mouse and Keyboard input
    ends up being the bulk of what actually changes.

Cause I like the idea of the weapon but (as with so so so many things) the way they removed all the recoil on KBAM makes it a monster.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Dont touch my Loaded Question, Bungie.

Also why would anyone think that PC/Console patches should be the same? Division 2 does this too and its shit.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Okay, if I’m reading the spreadsheet right, and doing the math correct, here’s what I think the damage meta will shift to:

Heavy Weapons:
    -Whisper w/ catalyst is back on top with a DPS of 17,327 and a total damage of 259,905. Missing a shot and having to reproc whispered breathing is really bad, on par with missing a honed edge shot now.

-Prospector is 2nd with a DPS of 16,989 and a total damage of 180,394. Catalyst will help here, and the riven cheese strat using 5 of these plus a tractor cannon should still work.

-Next I think will be any Firing Line Linear Fusion Rifle aka Line in the Sand. DPS with 2+ people next to you is 13,269, overall damage is 263,868, but it’s going to take you 17-18 seconds to get there.

4th/5th kind of look like a tie, between Darci and the 100rpm precision y1 grenade launcher “The Day’s Fury”:

-Darci does a DPS of 13,825, and a overall damage of 183,196. About 11 seconds to dump a full reserve.

-The Day’s Fury is the only 100rpm precision launcher with spike nades, and it does a DPS of 12,147, but a total overall damage of 196,030 in around 13-14 seconds. If any other 100rpm comes out that can roll spikes next season, it will be competitive due to be able to run boss spec.

-6th is Sleeper. DPS of 11,575 without the catalyst (almost no one has this), overall damage 207,154 in 16 seconds. Better off grinding an Line in the Sand, but probably the best option most people can easily get without relying on catalyst/exotic drop luck.

Special Weapons:
    -Trophy Hunter with Vorpal, TT: has a dps of 9,085, overall damage of 217,697, but will take something like 20-22 seconds to do that.

-Mountaintop and Jotun do around the same DPS as the above, and a little more overall damage, but they take 25ish seconds to do it.

-Eriana’s is about the same as MT/Jotun, but you have to have first glance active, so the boss needs a precision weak spot and you can’t miss.

-Merciless does a solid 10,536 DPS wise, with a total damage of 166,681, but it does it in only 12-13 seconds.

Honorable Mentions:
    In short bursts, charged wendigo’s and 120rpm adaptive GL’s w/ spikes will do solid DPS. Their overall total damage is pretty low though, so I’m not sure how viable they would be for longer fights.

Basically, whisper is still king on anything with a precision weakspot, and prospector is best for anything without one and a small damage window. Mountaintop or a vorpal trophy hunter is probably the highest dps pair.

Line in the Sand with Firing Line looks like it should actually be competitive, especially since it can be paired with merciless/jotun/eriana’s/divinity.

TL;DR - I did an effort post entirely on mobile, go back and read it.

Edit: Forgot Sleeper. These nerfs are so bad sleeper is likely the time-poor man’s best option again.

Edit2: I have no idea how to count Anarchy, but on the bosses it works on, it’s probably still good. Also, 1KV is almost worth using for boss dps.

ronzo on
  • Options
    I'm seeing conflicting comments about whether or not the 20% buff to snipers included exotics in the first place, and whether the nerf will affect them now. If the 20% nerf doesn't hit whisper, then it will far and away be the absolute best thing for dps by a gigantic margin. Like, lapping the competition ahead.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I was concerned about the prospect of Last Word changes, but I just checked the notes and because I'm a rugged bear of a man I only use the gun as it was intended and mag dump from the hip at all times so it's all Gucci.

The shotgun changes are interesting, based on nothing but my assumptions of how things are going to work I think the counter play to shotguns gets a little easier and the skill floor for going full bonobo raises a bit but we'll see.
    Now all they need to do is remove fall off from slug shotguns so that they can duel with snipers as god intended.

Changes to back up plan on fusions is more elegant than I expected to see.

The AR changes are something. I hope everyone likes Hard Light.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Love how Bungie thinks we're overusing snipers. 980 content is full of crap that one-shots you, every boss including ones without legs can boss stomp, and the latest raid is full of flying bosses.

Shall we all lets sword kill the sanctified mind somehow? Last time we tried a more up-close approach to boss DPS they went and murder-nerfed trench barrel.

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Yeah not a fan of these nerfs.

But does this mean people wont look at me like I'm crazy walking around with Xenophage and actium war rig?! Just with jotuun was legendary and not exotic.

Also I wish shottys and fusion were better in PVE high end content but you die so fast and all enemies have stomps so it's just not viable.

I bought the special edition shadowkeep, so I think(?) I have one more season already paid for? It gave us three.

Well, if the next season is warmind related then maybe the armor will be cool. This seasons armor was aight.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    The AR changes are low key A Big Deal; 600 rpm autos, already in a pretty good place, go down to a .7 second optimal TTK at base and only get better with any damage increase perks.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I want any and all Cerberus buffs, but now I wish it was elemental so it could pair with my Pulse

The Izanagis hit is pretty huge and seems mostly to kill one-phase runs. Not sure what my PVE loadout should be now. And also feel like maybe it is time to do some Nightmares or solo Pit before the changes drop.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I made sure to farm myself a Line in the Sand in case linear fusion rifles ever got a DPS buff, but I guess nerfing all snipers works too.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Holy heck Python is a ton of fun in PvE. Sounds like an awesome boomstick!

Edit: If I have to play Insight Terminus for my strike playlist one more time I'm going to lose my fucking shit.

OpposingFarce on