As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    It's easy to not care about nerfs, like me, when you don't have any of the top-end meta weapons :rotate:

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    There's a ton of stuff they left alone, sniping being the only thing not nerfed for PvP that people 'crutch' on meta wise. So Erentil got reigned in (who knows how much) and Shotties got changed, mostly primaries stayed the same save for autos, etc. In curious what ability changes will come if any.

Needless to say trials will just be even more of a sniper fest

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Fucking Wardcliff Coil.

Losing Comp matches because a single Wardcliff Coil rocket curves around two corners never gets old, does it.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    There's a ton of stuff they left alone, sniping being the only thing not nerfed for PvP that people 'crutch' on meta wise. So Erentil got reigned in (who knows how much) and Shotties got changed, mostly primaries stayed the same save for autos, etc. In curious what ability changes will come if any.

Rapid fire snipers not being able to double body is a real thing, it takes away a crutch I know I've used. I think I'm going to keep using a rapid fire sniper because it just feels the best of the ones I have (best handling, stability, aim assist too) but not being able to panic BLAP BLAP someone like an idiot will sting.

• Options
    Every season I get closer to Legend, and then every season I play enough Comp to convince me that it's not worth it this late in the season. I hate that at Mythic you need two consecutive wins to make any progress, and that losses are so punishing. 5 in a row isn't good for morale.

• Options
    Only headshots, final destination, no wardcliffs

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

Rapid fire snipers not being able to double body is a real thing, it takes away a crutch I know I've used. I think I'm going to keep using a rapid fire sniper because it just feels the best of the ones I have (best handling, stability, aim assist too) but not being able to panic BLAP BLAP someone like an idiot will sting.

Adaptive 90 rpm snipers are not a guaranteed headshot on all supers too. only the 72 rpm snipers didn't get touched.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Fucking Wardcliff Coil.

Losing Comp matches because a single Wardcliff Coil rocket curves around two corners never gets old, does it.

It never has for me. But then, I make sure to find myself on the right side of the Wardcliff. :P

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I got a feeling arc buddy with AR is going to be meta next season

Can an AR roll demo?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    The AR from Garden can roll Demolitionist and is a pretty fun AR. My Warlock beeds that arc buddy exotic, and I guess I need to play Warlock more than once in a blue moon.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Gnawing Hunger and Arc Logic can also roll demo.

So I guess start farming lectern bounties.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Gahlrans AR can also roll Demo.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Funny, I looked at the picture before I read the words and thought, "the middle thing is awesome". Which, Warlock, so of course I'd think that.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Looks a little like the Warlock only has 3 fingers on his right hand.

• Options
    The warlock totally looks like Beksiński painting in that one

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    The Warlock looks like a sad fish with droopy cheeks.

It's okay, Blub.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    the Warlock looks like a glow up for a Volus.

EDIT: not that that's a criticism.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    I just want to say, I can't hit the broadside of a barn with a shotgun in Crucible, and I keep getting quest to get 15-20 shotgun kills in Crucible.

Just... anything but that. Please. Anything but that.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Started running Sundial to finish the lore book in time. The drop rate on these is horrible. Why is Bungie ALWAYS so annoying with this shit?

• Options
    The lore being in game is dope, having to collect it is balls and I don't like it

I get some folks do, and more power to them. I'll just read them online.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Started running Sundial to finish the lore book in time. The drop rate on these is horrible. Why is Bungie ALWAYS so annoying with this shit?

Really? I've been barely touching sundial and I've had that lore for a while now. Felt like it was pretty consistently dropping every other run.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Really? I've been barely touching sundial and I've had that lore for a while now. Felt like it was pretty consistently dropping every other run.

You have incredible luck. I ran Sundial about once a week from launch till now, and I had 1 out of 9. Yesterday, I started running it in earnest. After 5 consecutive runs, I got 2/9. This is going to be horrible.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

You have incredible luck. I ran Sundial about once a week from launch till now, and I had 1 out of 9. Yesterday, I started running it in earnest. After 5 consecutive runs, I got 2/9. This is going to be horrible.

Yeah, that's counter to my experience as well. I probably ran it 2-3 times a week at most on average. It seemed like I got the lore almost every time - every other time at most. I think I was done with it a week or two in without trying. Sucks.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »

Yeah, that's counter to my experience as well. I probably ran it 2-3 times a week at most on average. It seemed like I got the lore almost every time - every other time at most. I think I was done with it a week or two in without trying. Sucks.

I actually thought it was 1 per run but it's apparently somewhat random. I'm averaging like 1 lore drop every 2-3 runs though. Only need 3 more.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Looks a little like the Warlock only has 3 fingers on his right hand.

Warlocks only need three fingers.

Take that as you will.

Anybody doing any raiding this weekend on PS4? I've yet to succeed at CoS so wouldn't mind giving that a shot again. Or doing any of the other ones for old-times' sake. Been playing other shit lately and miss Destiny, mostly.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    For some reason I jacked my controller speed up to 10. It’s taking some getting used to but it feels like a more fun game that I am worse at.

Also i discovered the glory of antareous ward boots on Titan. It’s amazing for challenging any 1v1. Shotty, primary, sniper? Just slide and throw their bullets back at them. Then win the fight with your own pew pews.

I got a blade barrage kill on the enemy hunter who used it.

And getting fusion rifle kills in the kill feed without having a fusion rifle is a lot of fun.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    All triumphs sorted by rarity.

https://warmind.io/analytics/triumph

My rarest triumph is
    Fire in the Hole!
    Mayhem: In a single life, land five grenade final blows.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Yeah mine is Trace Rifle Mastery. I'm pretty sure that's entirely from Coldheart.

Actually just read an article about how there's two Trace Mastery's and apparently I have the easy one lol, of course

That would make my rarest wins at Legend in S7

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I imagine that list isn't especially accurate, as so many players simply don't "redeem" their Triumphs. As opposed to evaluating Title acquisition, in which it's much more comfortable to assume that a player who has met the requisites for a given title is aware of that title, cares about the title, and redeems it.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    I imagine that list isn't especially accurate, as so many players simply don't "redeem" their Triumphs. As opposed to evaluating Title acquisition, in which it's much more comfortable to assume that a player who has met the requisites for a given title is aware of that title, cares about the title, and redeems it.

It’s probably accurate for at least the first 100 triumphs or so. Some of those are outliers your can do accidentally, but the vast majority are effort triumphs that you have to actively hunt for.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    My rarest looks to be:
    Seriously, Never Again
    The Dreaming City

Complete the dungeon "The Shattered Throne" alone, without dying.

I wonder how rare it'd be if not for Revelry making it easy.
    Maximum Carnage
    Invading

As an Invader, defeat seven Guardians in a single invasion before Drifter brings you back to your side.

I'm pretty sure I pulled this one off before it was added as a medal. I killed three players then wiped the whole team with a 1KV shot in their spawn point on the EDZ map.

Arteen on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

It’s probably accurate for at least the first 100 triumphs or so. Some of those are outliers your can do accidentally, but the vast majority are effort triumphs that you have to actively hunt for.

I guess I'm just looking at it and seeing a lot of Crucible triumphs that might be "effort triumphs", but I also see a lot of overlap between hardcore PvP players and "players who give zero fucks about triumph score, cosmetic appearance, or ever going to the tower." That only 223 people have redeemed Trace Rifle Mastery is very weird, and the relative rarity of the various Grenade Masteries is also a headscratcher.

But you're right, many more of these are the hyper-specific Raid triumphs related to Titles, as well pretty much anything related to Season of the Drifter.

I guess none of the guns from Altars of Sorrow achieved meta-status, huh?
    Altars of Sorrow: Waves upon Waves
    The Moon

Complete waves of Altars of Sorrow.

Total Redeemed:

Global Rarity:
    0.013%

Adjusted Rarity:
    0.0%

• Options

I guess I'm just looking at it and seeing a lot of Crucible triumphs that might be "effort triumphs", but I also see a lot of overlap between hardcore PvP players and "players who give zero fucks about triumph score, cosmetic appearance, or ever going to the tower." That only 223 people have redeemed Trace Rifle Mastery is very weird, and the relative rarity of the various Grenade Masteries is also a headscratcher.

But you're right, many more of these are the hyper-specific Raid triumphs related to Titles, as well pretty much anything related to Season of the Drifter.

The Moon

Total Redeemed:

Global Rarity:
    0.013%

Adjusted Rarity:
    0.0%
    That’s so weird to me. Like when bungie designs guns and puts all this effort in do they ever ask themselves “would anyone use this gun?”

And then when they design a whole new activity and create its loot pool do they ever ask themselves “will anyone use any of this loot?”

I can see the first part being hard for every peice of gear. But the second? You need at least one worthwhile piece of gear for every activity...

616610-1.png
  • Options
    What I saw about the Trace Mastery is that there's two versions, and most people have the easier one where it's just 100 kills with any Trace. The original one required you to get kills in each element, and for a year there wasn't any Void Trace on Xbox.

• Options

The Moon

Total Redeemed:

Global Rarity:
    0.013%

Adjusted Rarity:
    0.0%

That’s the old trace rifle mastery triumph. It required kills with all trace rifle elements, so it was only doable on PS4, which had the only void trace rifle. The only people who did it were a few people who made sure to get a 100 pvp kills with each trace rifle.

They scrapped it for one that everyone can complete, but it still counts for the few that already did it and claimed it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Looks like my rarest is this:
    gw570wnk4cc8.png

Wasn't too bad, really.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    My rarest looks to be:
    Seriously, Never Again
    The Dreaming City

Complete the dungeon "The Shattered Throne" alone, without dying.

I wonder how rare it'd be if not for Revelry making it easy.
    Maximum Carnage
    Invading

As an Invader, defeat seven Guardians in a single invasion before Drifter brings you back to your side.

I'm pretty sure I pulled this one off before it was added as a medal. I killed three players then wiped the whole team with a 1KV shot in their spawn point on the EDZ map.

I also did it in the EDZ map. Truth for 3 kills, and then a slova to their spawn as I was getting pulled back.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Is there an easy way to see what your rarest one is or do you just have to thumb through the list?

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Is there an easy way to see what your rarest one is or do you just have to thumb through the list?

Thumb through

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)