Options

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    This is by far the worst suggestion I have heard yet, dude. People are quite angry that certain titles and modes can't be played during times they sat out the game for whatever reason. Now you're suggesting the game ACTIVELY steal and delete gear from players? I cannot imagine something that would make players MORE angry in any game, ever.

I was strictly proceeding from shryke's suggestion of weapons being removed from the game. It's far better to make the time investment worth something than to simply say "new guns in, your old guns go poof, you get nothing for them disappearing". If the assumed action required is to nix something, it's far better to give back for the invested time. And it's not like the game map wouldn't include the dates for X item to disappear, so you could plan ahead.

Really, it's the only logical step I can think of that fulfills the requirement that shryke put forward.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    The jump from y1 to y2 worked well for a gear reset. With random rolls and weapon mods in y2 and beyond your y1 favorites got naturally outclasses by y2. Armor 2.0 did this again in y3 for armor

I think the reason behind seasonal mods was to capture that feeling each season but it clearly wasnt received well.

They should be willing to go kinda crazy in the last year of d2 assuming a d3 would have a reset. Cause you don’t need to keep the loot hunt going anymore so let folks craft their own personal super guns or some craziness

616610-1.png
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I will never call him anything other than Norkis now, thank you thread.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    There's uh, not an easy way to do fractaline turnins, right?

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    There's uh, not an easy way to do fractaline turnins, right?

Mouse button macro on pc

Console, nah, we’re fucked

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Are they going to tweak matchmaking at all if trials comes back

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    I played some Destiny 1 crucible yesterday and there are totally people still playing it, which was gratifying. It's a very different game from Destiny 2! It was weird!

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Meanwhile I foolishly tried more solo queue Survival on a night where I also was all thumbs, promptly lost three matches, then tried Classic Mix and got stuck in a 3v6 (I think something is wrong with Classic Mix backfilling absentee players) then tried Clash and got a 6 stack v 4 players, then went into Control and finally had fun (thanks SBMM), and stopped considering deleting the app entirely.

There is only so much Invis-Nightstalker_Corner-Camping-Guy I can take in a season, and I have hit my limit.

I sent an apology message for my poor performance to a guy who nearly carried me to victory in two consecutive solo queue matches. I figured he was salty since I was the anchor that brought our team down. Instead, he apologized for his poor performance (dude you were top of both teams) like he let me down. I expressed regret and said I just couldn't play well and tilted and good luck in his future murder. He saluted me and said "godspeed Guardian" and it reminded me that not all people playing solo queue must be monsters.
    Granted this dude was a Titan, so it should be taken as a given.........

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ok so I really wanted the Pin you can get from the Bungie Store for getting all the triumphs for this season, but I need like 4 more Light Level to get access to Legendary Sundial and I also need to not die in a Sundial. I did a ton of stuff all weekend and got not a single item to increase my light level. Nothing. Boo hiss.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    My main issue with invulnerability windows is that it seems like they're overused in every fight. Meaning, fine, have them, but don't let a boss use it more than X times. It's like the rule of 3. Never go above 3.

The Fanatic always felt like a prime example of a boss who goes invulnerable far too often.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Ok so I really wanted the Pin you can get from the Bungie Store for getting all the triumphs for this season, but I need like 4 more Light Level to get access to Legendary Sundial and I also need to not die in a Sundial. I did a ton of stuff all weekend and got not a single item to increase my light level. Nothing. Boo hiss.

i've not played much this season and am on a last minute grind. still got the Gambit and Crucible relic weapons to get and the Gambit and Vanguard emblems. deathless sundial run and a legend run are also needed and those are what have me worried the most. though to my relief legend doesn't require as high a light level as i thought, just 950 when i thought it was 980. still requires getting a group together though so that might be a priority for the weekend.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    My main issue with invulnerability windows is that it seems like they're overused in every fight. Meaning, fine, have them, but don't let a boss use it more than X times. It's like the rule of 3. Never go above 3.

The Fanatic always felt like a prime example of a boss who goes invulnerable far too often.

I can straight up agree with this; the Fanatic fight isn't really fun, and I'd use it as an example of overused invulnerability.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    My impression is that the 3rd phase of the Fanatic fight is actually just broken, both in the frequency that he activates his tethers and the inability to break that shield.

You’ll note that the tether-shield shifts between colors associated with Destiny’s elements, but there’s no actual mechanical function implemented.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I can straight up agree with this; the Fanatic fight isn't really fun, and I'd use it as an example of overused invulnerability.

That fight and the one with the teleporting/invisible Fallen boss in the aft section of the Exodus Black both suffer from, in my opinion, overly-short damage windows and the fact that there's no obvious way to trigger an end to the 'no boss around' phases. It's not just killing everything in sight because sometimes that triggers the boss returning for another damage phase and sometimes it doesn't. They fixed the Exodus boss to some extent by just making him spend more time actually in the arena to be shot. The Fanatic fight at least has waves of ads constantly streaming in to make it interesting so that you don't end up standing around doing nothing with literally nobody in the arena to shoot at.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    I feel like the strikes really suffer from repetition. I hardly ever play strikes, to the point that I just played the new strike on Io last night for the first time and that only because I picked it from the director. I don't think I've opened the strike playlist in two seasons. I'm not saying that's bad or good but I do think that it's easier to enjoy the strikes for the cool Destiny things they are when you hardly eve play them. If you're grinding them (and dear God why is anyone grinding strikes) I can completely understand wanting them to go quickly and for invulnerability phases to not be a thing.

I do think the new strike is very cool and I look forward to playing it again in the future, eventually, for some reason.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I wish you had a chance at Ascendant thingies in the lower Nightfalls, the higher ones suck to do

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    D2 Strikes really suffer from not having overly dramatic opening monologues that evolve into long-running memes.

Also: no real reason to do them, other than to complete Vanguard Pinnacle quests.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Deathless Sundial Run DONE!!! WOOOO!!!!

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited February 2020

The thing that strikes me about invulnerability phases is that they often feel like a crutch Bungie uses for bosses with too little health compared to how much damage players can output.

I often wonder if a lot of these fights would be more interesting and dynamic if the boss was never invulnerable but had enough health that you couldn't just burn him down and survive and so you had to make decisions about when to stop attacking the boss and start dealing with all the other shit going on. Just as an example of another way to approach these fights.

shryke on
  • Options
    shryke wrote: »

The thing that strikes me about invulnerability phases is that they often feel like a crutch Bungie uses for bosses with too little health compared to how much damage players can output.

I often wonder if a lot of these fights would be more interesting and dynamic if the boss was never invulnerable but had enough health that you couldn't just burn him down and survive and so you had to make decisions about when to stop attacking the boss and start dealing with all the other shit going on. Just as an example of another way to approach these fights.

Dear Reddit, please bless us with thy wisdom:

"GeEZ BUNgo y u mek evrefing a sPong?!1?"

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    If you have Twitch Prime today's the last day to claim the first loot drop: https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/destiny2

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

I suspect the difference between what a competent and well optimized fireteam can put for DPS and what a random group of pubbies call DPS is just so huge that Bungie has to pick a side to accommodate. It isn't really surprising they choose to not fuck the pubbies but it leaves the competent folks with little in the way of challenge.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

I suspect the difference between what a competent and well optimized fireteam can put for DPS and what a random group of pubbies call DPS is just so huge that Bungie has to pick a side to accommodate. It isn't really surprising they choose to not fuck the pubbies but it leaves the competent folks with little in the way of challenge.

They entire story of Destiny's design right there.

Especially with the lack of easy communication among matchmade team members.

• Options
    Going back to the comments on good raid encounters and the joy derived from just shooting tons of dudes while pursuing other objectives, I would like to see them pursue more mobile bosses that have shifting weak points, but I also know the pain of trying to shoot Scourge Robot's armpits on console. And as I recall, Crown of Sorrow was notoriously difficult for Console upon release due to the precision aiming required during Gahlran.

Looking back on D1, did Wretched Gaze boss have invulnerability phases? Or did they successfully challenge our DPS output by forcing us to juggle diverse lesser enemies alongside the charging Ogre and the teleporting boss?

• Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    It is done.

6tv6gyer79pd.png

• Options
    Congrats! Welcome to the cool kids club 😏

• Options
    Ohhhh fuck is that the OG armor!!

• Options
    Ok the glowing armor is sick, but no Ornaments?

• Options
    Wow. If the artifact power level is enabled I legit am done with destiny until d3. I can’t support idiots.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Lots of returning guns. I saw The Messenger (Y1 Trials Pulse) and Elevating Vision Adept (Y2 Trials Fusion). And the Sniper looked like Revoker but it could also have been Eye of Sol (Y1 Trials Sniper).

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    hot take: Man I'm kinda bummed that this isn't Trials of The Nine, I loved that armor and weapon look, hope it comes back somehow

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I'll be interested in seeing how Trials work since I haven't even watched a video of it. That said, I do hope there's some plot set up for the next Season. I won't begrudge others their PvP Season as long as cool stuff happens story-wise.

• Options
    Trials is fairly high stakes Elimination mode, 3v3. Each round you only get one life. Revives are enabled, but it's dangerous to revive teammates without thinking carefully. It's round based, first to 5 wins. Tbh it's actually tough because you have to have a premade team to play, and usually it matches based on where you are in your win streak.

The goal is to win 7 games in a row without losing. It's changed around a lot so we don't know if it'll be exactly the same as D1 in presentation, but it looks to be fairly close. Trials offered tiered rewards for different win streaks, with the best rewards for going Flawless, aka 7-0

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Also the good/predictable news Reddit is doing the thing where it eats itself over the LL being enabled for Trials so maybe they'll hear the static and change course, if possible.

It's easy to be pessimistic about this but they do seem to really care about Trials so I don't think they'll let it go to shit. They'll probably respond tomorrow.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Ok the glowing armor is sick, but no Ornaments?

It looks like winning serves as your "ornaments". Your armor is only glowy if you have been flawless that week. Kinda like the old Nightfall halo.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Ll enabled is fine. It offers PvP players an incentive to do Pve. I only raided in d1 because my buddies were willing to do so to grind out ll for trials. Destiny is at its best when the gameplay loop encourages you to hop between modes ( rise of irons light grind was peek destiny grind with different modes offering specific types of loot)

But the artifact? Dudes in iron banner have 20-30 light on me. Grinding bounties to be competitive in trials would be dumb.

The alternative is to cap it. That way gear grind can get you to the cap and artifact can help you get their sooner

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    It's both incredibly exciting and slightly concerning to see all this D1/Trials stuff return to D2. Funny how Bungie flipped from "we can't just bring 2015 Trials back" to "we're bringing exactly 2015 Trials back". I was hoping for a bit more than this, but it's good.

Also, it's a bit weird that Bungie's bringing Cauldron back for the Trials season. Wasn't that a Trials map only twice ever? Good map though.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    It's both incredibly exciting and slightly concerning to see all this D1/Trials stuff return to D2. Funny how Bungie flipped from "we can't just bring 2015 Trials back" to "we're bringing exactly 2015 Trials back". I was hoping for a bit more than this, but it's good.

Also, it's a bit weird that Bungie's bringing Cauldron back for the Trials season. Wasn't that a Trials map only twice ever? Good map though.

I'm not hating on them at all, it's business, but I'm pretty sure we're not getting Bungie's A team for supporting D2. Their main creative efforts are probably behind their new IPs.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Light enabled is such a bad decision, and yeah I get it "play PVE, engage in core loop" but every time I shoulder charge someone and they don't die a kitten goes to hell.