As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bucks Win Championship Without Head Coach [NBA]

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Honestly the fact that Bill Walton seems to be so polarizing is evidence that he does something a lot more interesting with color commentary than almost anyone else.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular

J's Twitter game has been a He's On Fire! run lately.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I mostly run into Walton's work during college basketball (and almost always a PAC12 team versus an east coast team) and he has jack shit to say about anything related to the game, players, coaches, or schools. The closest I have ever gotten is he will mention the PAC12 schools occasionally in a "the way things were" monologue or he will occasionally talk about a past vacation to a country near where one of the players are from.

I feel he could make a better podcaster than an analyst

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Ben Simmons has been working on his 3-point shot:
    https://streamable.com/as8bow

• Options
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    burbo wrote: »

Is Bud Light really "best"?

• Options
    Something something Duke player

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    burbo wrote: »

Is Bud Light really "best"?

As Redick pointed out. He's stuck in Disney it doesn't have a great craft beer selection, its not Universal.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Something something Duke player

Gotta give Duke players credit (except Grayson Allen's Ted Cruz ass.) since they are basically doing free damage control for Duke, due to that fucking ghoul Stephen Miller.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Grayson Allen is the WOOOORST

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Westbrook confirmed to have Covid, likely Harden as well.

Rondo out with fractured thumb.

Kelor on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    In shitty WNBA news

Elena Delle Donne has had her medical exemption denied (she has Lyme’s Disease) so now she either plays or forfeits her salary.

• Options
    That is a fucking asshold move by the WNBA

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Is she like currently on antibiotics? I didn't think lyme disease was at all serious

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Butters wrote: »
    Is she like currently on antibiotics? I didn't think lyme disease was at all serious

This is my understanding

“Patients who have Lyme disease have a severely impacted immune system. A big component of Lyme disease is a hyperactive immune system that is always in a state of inflammation,” he explained, noting this factor, in particular, could make these patients more at risk for severe illness

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Also, lyme disease is, like many autoimmune diseases, very poorly understood, only moderately managed, and full of all kinds of interactions that are very difficult to predict ahead of time.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I think if you're taking 60+ pills a day to manage something you can call that serious.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »

Dwayne Wade's tweet was deleted. What did he say?

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Something about standing with Nick Cannon, which has been an exhaustively common take I've seen on twitter.

For those that don't know, Cannon got fired by Viacom for spreading a bunch of hotep style, anti-semitic conspiracy bullshit on his show. Certain people have latched onto the black excellence part of the message to protest his firing, while steadfastly ignoring the hateful, bigoted bullshit side of it.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

Something about standing with Nick Cannon, which has been an exhaustively common take I've seen on twitter.

For those that don't know, Cannon got fired by Viacom for spreading a bunch of hotep style, anti-semitic conspiracy bullshit on his show. Certain people have latched onto the black excellence part of the message to protest his firing, while steadfastly ignoring the hateful, bigoted bullshit side of it.

He has apparently clarified as not supporting what Cannon said, but Cannon "owning the content and brand he helped create"

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    ph blake wrote: »

He has apparently clarified as not supporting what Cannon said, but Cannon "owning the content and brand he helped create"

I think of a whole lot of people that fit that bill without spewing absolute vitriol.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Nick Cannon wears turbans because he thinks they look cool on him.

He doesn’t give a fuck about other people’s religions.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    What is Nick Cannon supposed to be famous for, aside from being a wanker?

Because the only time i ever hear about him is when he’s being a wanker.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    He was on Nickelodeon when he was younger. Since then he's hosted some shitty singing shows I think?

Edit: in other words, Nick Cannon's brand is "I'm Nick Cannon".

SirToasty on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I know he was/is an exec at Nickelodeon, but this was funny...
    In December 2015, Cannon was named "Chief Creative Officer" of RadioShack in hopes of catering to a younger crowd.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Drumline

Mariah Carey’s ex

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

didn't expect James Harden to show up in a blue lives matter mask but the bubble contains multitudes

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

didn't expect James Harden to show up in a blue lives matter mask but the bubble contains multitudes

Oh god dammit

rhylith on
  • Options
    You've got to be fucking kidding me

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Harden is a troll

• Options
    a) not a great thing to troll about
    b) how did neither the NBA or the Rockets social media person not look at that mask and go, "uh...let's not put a picture up of this one"

• Options
    I do believe it's likely he has no idea what that symbol means, or, at the very least, he's about to say he has no idea what that symbol means after he gets a call from Russell Westbrook

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    I do believe it's likely he has no idea what that symbol means, or, at the very least, he's about to say he has no idea what that symbol means after he gets a call from Russell Westbrook

I mean, for someone from Los Angeles, that isn't fucking aware of that, I don't even know James Harden anymore.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Thin Blue Line flag with a Punisher skull on it, going for complete asshole here.

• Options

Impossible

• Options
    yeah, maybe I'm giving him too much credit. or not enough credit?

This discussion has been closed.