[IC] Mage: The Awakening - The Carnival of Madness

2»

Posts

  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Birdsong give a little half bow. "Its been a pleasure meeting all of you. Hopefully next time we meet it will be a little more constructive." and joins his compatriots as they leave into the main hall.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Phoenix looks at his phone and saves the number. "We should go to Quadrangle's sanctum. I rather not waste time playing the tables anymore when work is to be done."

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Hope casually glances around the casino before turning to the others. "I get the feeling there might be a lead in here somewhere. I'm going to walk around and find out who I'm supposed to meet here before I continue on. If you want to split up that's okay... we should swap phone numbers so we can meet up regardless, since it looks like we're working together. In case you didn't catch it, I'm Hope." She gives a warm smile to the others and takes out her phone.

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    "Unless you can convince the security to let you see the security footage from a week ago when he was here, I doubt there is much to gain from here. But I will wait for you. I rather not split up just yet."

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 3
    "We've got more things to worry about than just where one old asshole wandered off to, Phoenix." Providing the group his cellphone number, Charlemagne heads for what he hopes will be a fruitful conversation. Using his mage sight to follow the beacon of magical energies from the blackjack table. "Do you mind if I join you?" he asks the short haired woman.

    Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    "Sure, I guess you're done with the stuffed shirt crowd." The woman motions dismissively at the room you just left. Judging by how intensely she's watching the dealer and the shuffle, you gather she's either counting cards or just has very good intuition. "Don't tell me you're buying into the drama. Wouldn't surprise me if one of them ghosted the man himself, it's all one big power play. Hit."

    The woman continues playing in mid-sentence, and gets a split of two aces, then indicates a double down on both. Then proceeds to get a 3 and a 4. "...fuck."

    0QcdpUO.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    "Eh, I got tired of pissing in Robinsons cheerios." Seeing the 3 and 4 come down, Charlemagne winces and offers his name. "I'm Charlemagne, by the way. Card carrying member of the Mysterium's least favorite point of the Pentacle."

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    "Yeah, he gets old fast. We'll get along swimmingly, they probably warned you about me." The woman flips the dealer a chip, who just smirks back, as if to say 'nice try'. She turns around in her chair with arms crossed. "I got fed up with their BS ages ago, but of course they go running for help once daddy disappears. They don't care about him, they're just worried about the void in his wake." She extends a hand. "They call me Pixie, but you can call me Sam." Her gaze wanders to the others. "Are your friends also 'card carriers'?"

    0QcdpUO.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    "Hope has seen the light of a more inclusive organisation, at least. Can't say as much for Phoenix or Birdsong." Charlemagne is happy to shake her hand, nodding at each member as he mentions their name. "I've heard your name bandied around a bit. Something about work outside the main strip. How are things once you get out of this ridiculous town?"

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    "Work? There's been some nasty influence pushing back on our ley lines once you get close to the desert, if that's what you mean. I'd steer clear of there unless your friends there tag along, and even then, I'd think twice. The Hierarch was known to wander out there every so often, usually without telling anyone, probably off on one of his... sojourns." The sort that sounds anything but appropriate.

    "...though if you ask me, the answer is right under their noses." She reaches into her jacket pocket, and produces a flyer, offering it forward. You feel a strong supernal pull from it, and the sensation of a static shock the moment you touch it.

    "Kind of weird to have a carnival out in the desert, isn't it?" It seems more like the venue that one would hold a Burning Man festival at, but this seems to be a full-on family affair: rides, animals, clowns, the whole nine yards.

    0QcdpUO.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Looking over Charlemagne's shoulder, does the flyer give an address or exact location of the carnival?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Oddly enough, there is no address listed. It directs you to take a very particular road out of town, to drive exactly 7.2 miles, then make a right, and continue until you see the tents.
    Somehow, it gives you the impression that you know exactly where to find it.

    0QcdpUO.png
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Hope starts wandering idly around the casino, trusting to fate to guide her to where she needs to be. Looking at her phone she starts browsing Instagram, intentionally not paying attention to where she's going.

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    *looking at the flyer over Charlemagne's shoulder still* "Hmm might be a place to start. *Puts his hand out to shake* "By the way nice to meet you, they call me Birdsong. Do you have any idea what this carnival is? I mean Circus Circus is pretty cheap for the shows, and I don't think I've ever seen a fair or anything like that set up near a city with so much other stuff to do."

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Not really paying attention to where she's going, Hope wanders out the door, letting Fate take her to where she needs to be.

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    "This is nothing like Circus Circus. They're a traveling group, and like you probably notice, they reek of supernal activity. They're not Pentacle, I'm pretty sure they're not Scelesti, and they're damn sure not FC. It reeks of Seers if you ask me, but I'm not eager to find out." Pixie shakes the offered hand. "Depends on how eager you all are to walk into trouble, I guess."

    ___________


    Roger is visible outside, securing his coat around him, talking with another unfamiliar man in military camo gear.

    "Oh hey, there's one of them now." Roger waves Hope over.

    "That bird's a bit pretty to be out and about without her flock, isn't she?" The other man watches from behind aviator shades. "Must be new here."

    0QcdpUO.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    "I read this book once." Phoenix rolled his eyes. "Something Wicked Comes This Way. Seems we aren't dealing with foes with imagination."

  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Birdsong thinks on that a moment "Well I haven't been in the supernatural world long, but its possible its not that they don't have imagination, but they themselves inspired the Pandemonium Shadow Show in the book. Maybe Mr. Electrico himself is the ringmaster of this circus." he lets out a long sigh "I wish I was being fanciful but I've seen so many weird things lately...."

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    "If Quadrangle was investigating it, then we really should go to his place and see what he might have learned first instead of going in blind. So let's make our way out of here if we got nothing left to do."

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Hope smiles at the man in the sunglasses as she puts her phone into the one of the pockets of her sun dress, looking him up and down appraisingly.

    "Flocks are all well and good, but sometimes a bird's gotta fly on her own for a bit. The name's Hope. And you are...?"

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Speaking of birds...Birdsong wants to summon his falcon familiar and send him out to the area around the carnival and scope it out for anything suspicious.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    "Nile. Be careful out there, the weather isn't favorable to new faces. I wonder where your friend's bird is off to." The man nods at the falcon visibly departing off into the sky. "Didn't know they were in season." The bird flies in the direction of the desert, though with the occasional random deviation.

    "Not to be rude, but we do have business to attend to. Be careful out there, chick." You're not sure whether it's intended as an entendre or old-fashioned slang, but whatever it is, it sounds in good humor. He gives a faux salute, and heads off towards the end of the alley. "Good advice to take. Tread lightly, whatever the night brings you and yours to." Roger follows Nile's lead leaving a chill in their wake. The alley has become significantly less welcoming without their presence.

    0QcdpUO.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Feeling like he wouldn't get much more out of Sam for now, Charlemagne offers his phone number, and then heads for the door.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Hope watches the pair leaves and reflects on the brief conversation a second. Shrugging, she heads back inside to her "flock"

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited March 12
    As everyone comes outside, I present my wounded familiar "Folks this might be a little weirder then a normal carnival"

    Bucketman on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    The first cab you hail has a driver who's reluctant about taking on four passengers, and especially a wounded bird, but money talks. After following the best leads provided, you arrive at a suburban complex not far from the strip. It's not quite middle class, but hardly as locked down as the richest neighborhoods would be. There's no vehicles immediately in front of the apartment, and all the lights are off, though some of the neighboring units seem to be occupied.

    0QcdpUO.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Phoenix walked up to the front door and looked for a mailbox. He wasn't sure what apartment they were looking for but anything odd might give them a clue.

Sign In or Register to comment.