Options

[Resident Evil] Are you a bad enough dude to save the President's daughter... again?

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    It seems like PS5 games play fine with Raytracing. I was expecting slowdown in Control, but it plays fine.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    It seems like PS5 games play fine with Raytracing. I was expecting slowdown in Control, but it plays fine.

I’m not doubting that. But saying it isn’t as good as a 3090s output is kinda ‘the skies blue’ obvious.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Things are heating up in the DBD speculation for who the RE killer is going to be.
    a76UrPU.jpg

cursed af

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    About an hour in and I'm at the doll area. Funny how quick you can move through the game when you aren't scared of what's around the corner.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    About an hour in and I'm at the doll area. Funny how quick you can move through the game when you aren't scared of what's around the corner.

I'm not sure which Simon Pegg character is in your avatar, but there is a treasure item in the game called Father Nichola's Angel, and I found that funny.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Chance wrote: »

I'm not sure which Simon Pegg character is in your avatar, but there is a treasure item in the game called Father Nichola's Angel, and I found that funny.

Gary King from The World's End.... I never noticed that item name!

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Things are heating up in the DBD speculation for who the RE killer is going to be.
    a76UrPU.jpg

bio-cursed af

• Options
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Wow does Village of Shadows mix things up and really expects you to come packing.

After finishing the game 4 times already it's a nice way to keep things interesting.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    Wow does Village of Shadows mix things up and really expects you to come packing.

After finishing the game 4 times already it's a nice way to keep things interesting.

What does it mix up?

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »

What does it mix up?
    Apart from the obvious "shit takes more bullets to kill," so far (I'm up to early castle) I've gotten enemy spawns where there were none in Regular and Hardcore, plus you get at least the big claw lycans in the first escape scene and outside Luiza's house.

You really need some infinite ammo guns ready for this, but so far the money drops are also great.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Just beat my first play through. Really enjoyed it. Even though I fully upgraded the starter pistol and shotgun I’m thinking of getting the unlimited ammo for the grenade launcher. Explosions everywhere until they just give me my daughter back to get rid of me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Village has Mercenaries, if I'm reading right?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Village has Mercenaries, if I'm reading right?

Correct. You unlock it after beating the game once.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    And it's a lot of fun so far.

Finished the game a second time. Just under 6 hours. Unlocked unlimited ammo for the assault rifle and shotty.

• Options

Finished the game a second time. Just under 6 hours. Unlocked unlimited ammo for the assault rifle and shotty.

I was looking for Mercenaries in the main menu and couldn't find it... :(

After the suggestion that Village of Shadows makes it interesting above, I decided to get a second infinite ammo weapon and give it a shot. The SYG-12 is good, but the S.T.A.K.E. is better so far.

Not sure what else I'd really want it on. Maybe the grenade launcher.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I got out of the house in RE7. In the dock area with the flame thrower now. Basically I'm playing with a guide open since I'm tired of wandering around. Backtracking and exploring is the worst, I just want to get moving.

Still not feeling it and I think I'm starting to figure out why. Mostly it feels difficult to control from the first-person perspective. Anything having to do with melee attacks in a first-person view is always abysmal and this game is no exception. Having to accurately measure depth for these interactions sucks and feels clunky. Case in point, the chainsaw fight was the worst.

Also, Ethan moves like he's in molasses. He's so slow and everything else seems to move really fast. I'm not really sure I understand blocking either. I put my hands up but have no idea if it's doing anything, so mainly I just try running. Which again, is a pain in the ass because of the clunky movement and feedback.

The constant VR "OH! SCARY THING IN YOUR FACE!" has toned down a lot which I appreciate. I've accidentally hit the RB button three times now and wasted healing items at full health. So that's a thing.

I'll play a bit more, but I have a sneaking suspicion I'm gonna just let it go if things don't get better. I hope RE8 isn't like this game, and from most accounts it's not, so that's a step in the right direction.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    RE7 is that disturbing kind of horror. RE8 is more camp.

• Options
    RE8 still does that thing with people popping up out of nowhere like RE7.

• Options
    edited May 2021

I was looking for Mercenaries in the main menu and couldn't find it... :(

After the suggestion that Village of Shadows makes it interesting above, I decided to get a second infinite ammo weapon and give it a shot. The SYG-12 is good, but the S.T.A.K.E. is better so far.

Not sure what else I'd really want it on. Maybe the grenade launcher.

You find and unlock Mercenaries in the bonus menu

speaking of Mercenaries, got SS in Village 2, and am aaaalmost there in Castle 2, but it made me pound my fist on my keyboard more than once. It's absurd. People on youtube make it look so easy!

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Ethan moves like molasses in both games. I think I'd prefer tank controls to how he feels. However after finishing RE8 twice now there's no way I'd ever go back to 7.

Blocking is incredibly effective. Hold your hands up and let it absorb that hit. Works great on bosses... You use it more often in 8. Or at least I did... In 7 I almost always forgot I had it lol.

• Options
    So what are the odds that the RE4 remake (REm4ke?) will be in first person?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options

Hopefully low. He's gotta suplex motherfuckers.

• Options

There's the RE4 VR thingy if you want actual First Person. I'd rather they do the remake in the same way RE2 and RE3 have been.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular

There's the RE4 VR thingy if you want actual First Person. I'd rather they do the remake in the same way RE2 and RE3 have been.

More like 2 and less like 3. Otherwise we'll be missing entire sections of the game.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I really hope they keep the schlock too. But I'm worried they will make the game too grimdark serious. Leon's quips against the bad guys were wonderful.

• Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    I'm just putting REmake 4 out of my mind...not that I don't trust this team after the bang-up job they did on 2 and 3...but it's just so unnecessary I can't really believe it's actually happening.

Code Veronica could use a do-over, but I guess they're skipping it because it doesn't have a Big Sexy Number in the title

Shenl742 on
    FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    If I can give one tip for anyone's second run:

Use your points to get Chris's assault rifle, infinite ammo for that, and the second assault rifle. Upgrade the second assault rifle to the max while playing and then get infinite ammo for that.

I sailed through Hardcore with a fully upgraded assault rifle and have a fully upgraded STAKE magnum now as well.

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    I am a little confused about the beginning.
    Why did they kill Ethan's wife? It's a mystery!

• Options

In case you're serious,
    Because in the opening it was not his wife, it was Miranda posing as his wife.

Don't get me wrong, it's powerfully dumb.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I played RE7 on normal and only died a handful of times, and I am poop at first person games. The chainsaw fight was no problem. It seemed like he couldn't really hit you much if you crouch. The only boss battle I actively disliked was the final fight with Jack. It was way too hard to hit all of his eyeballs and Ethan couldn't dodge his attacks worth a shit.

For the most part the game felt a lot like RE1 or RE2 but in first person. But I would say the puzzles weren't as obtuse as RE1 and there wasn't nearly as much backtracking. The only part of the game where I couldn't figure out what the fuck I was supposed to do was the tanker.

My biggest criticism of RE7 is that it overstays its welcome. I was so ready to wrap things up after the tanker, but then you get to the mine and it's so padded out and repetitive and uninteresting. It's super obvious padding with the simple geometry and bland rock textures everywhere.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options

In case you're serious,
    Because in the opening it was not his wife, it was Miranda posing as his wife.

Don't get me wrong, it's powerfully dumb.

And they'll explain it to you about 5 times after the reveal so you don't forget.

• Options
    I peeked at the spoiler, but I am not fully sure what is going on. I assume it is an elaborate scheme. That is why everyone knows Ethan's name.

• Options
    I peeked at the spoiler, but I am not fully sure what is going on. I assume it is an elaborate scheme. That is why everyone knows Ethan's name.

You won't miss it. I promise.

• Options
    They knock Ethan out with a head concussion at the beginning. Not very nice.
    It is that trope were it is perfectly ok to hit people in the head in fiction.

• Options
    I did it
    I actually did it
    wvta4xyc4xxs.jpg

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    I did it
    I actually did it
    wvta4xyc4xxs.jpg

Congrats!

Only missing the knife-only and S rank achievements to get them all done. I'm thinking about going for the SS and using that for the knife-only run, but I'm close to just wanting to drop the game already. :lol:

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I did it
    I actually did it
    wvta4xyc4xxs.jpg

Congrats!

Only missing the knife-only and S rank achievements to get them all done. I'm thinking about going for the SS and using that for the knife-only run, but I'm close to just wanting to drop the game already. :lol:
    Yeah that's what I'm doing right now, getting the knives out cheevo with it

e: technically, I'm missing still two or three CP challenges too, crafting and getting enemies to kill each other, but that sounds like a bother

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    I keep getting killed by the vampire lady.

• Options
    I keep getting killed by the vampire lady.
    I looked at a walkthrough. I still need to avoid her. Seems like a dead end though.