As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    My fat angie with idols? Much more fun to use than to fight against.

Edit: I had her on candlestick forever. Swapped her to idols for W13.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    @Mace1370 How many openings do you have? I guess it just depends on if Ard is taking a break or not. Sounded like it a couple weeks back. I can't blame ya, I go through some ups and downs with the game as well. As I don't really want to take back over the PA guild, maybe we should just ping them to merge over? Seems like half our guild is non-PA folks and constantly ask for Catalysts for aid... lol. Not sure how many active PA folks we have.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Is it important to make same element teams? Or are synergistic teams (like bleed or something) better? My last gatcha was Dragalia which is very element focused.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Element comps tend to not really matter out of pvp and even then you can use it to lure the AI. Synergy and gearing outshine elemental advantage in most areas outside of pvp and probably abyss oh and for damage dealers. But even in abyss you tend to bring in healers that may be at elemental disadvantage because the used healers are pretty much all water. The hunts are the primary area where it can matter but even then people use elemental neutral characters or characters that trigger wyvern because they trigger more cp push than the wyvern gets. Like ML Purrgis.

Some examples of pvp using elemental disadvantage is using someone like SC Incquisitor to draw krau S3 because he cant be one shot.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Hahaha, I bought a couple things of mystic medals on the vendor dude. See where this is going?

Anyways, Spectre Tenebria in 3. Woohaw, makes up for Dizzy (who just got 6 starred) in 120.

This almost makes up for the bullshit at work today where everyfuckingthing is onfuckingfire.

So two Sols so far, about to get my third junkyard dog, which should make farming the records a little easier which will net me another Sol and another junkyard dog.

Burned about 30 odd leifs and levelled a pile of fodder while doing so. Holy hell, I need SO MUCH FODDER. That said, I'll come out of this with 6* Dizzy, 6* Sol (who will be close to a "free" 6*.

Nosf on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Thanks Ard!

Myrmillo, a guild on the Global server and the official guild of Youtube/Twitch streamer Warbalt, is recruiting!

Warbalt has created a community and guild for semi-competitive end-game players who wish to get better and grow together! We've been around for just a short while and are seeking some more members!

We have a fun and active discord where we all hangout, share build ideas and team concepts, help each other out, meme, stream, you name it!

Anyone interested has nothing to lose by simply applying and I recommend personally that if it sounds interesting to you, that you do so!

Just swing on by the Discord(link below), click the check mark in # rules-read-me to gain access to the rest of the Discord, and scroll to the Guild Application channels. Read the format and post your application, it's that easy! Applications will also stay open even after we are full on members so that anyone may apply anytime!

Please don't be intimidated or feel uneasy, you have nothing to lose at all and we all completely understand everyone is constantly progressing in this game and will simply be looking for people with potential and in the right mind set. For plenty of us in the guild, this is our first time in top end GvG and its been a blast learning in this great, relaxed, helpful, and stress free environment. I highly recommend you swing by! Even say hi to me if you want in the discord with a ping @ Mace1370

We currently offer:
    - 5x mystic rewards
    - 24/7 guild buffs
    - Regular guild supply chest
    - A fantastic community to play in and get better

Come join the community, and apply to the guild by joining the Discord below and following the aforementioned instructions. Hope to see you there!

https://discord.gg/gTmX9ry

Oh hey, I know Warbalt. Was watching his videos over the weekend, seems like a good streamer compared to some other names in the E7 content creation community. Might join up with the Discord at least.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    Hahaha, I bought a couple things of mystic medals on the vendor dude. See where this is going?

Anyways, Spectre Tenebria in 3. Woohaw, makes up for Dizzy (who just got 6 starred) in 120.

This almost makes up for the bullshit at work today where everyfuckingthing is onfuckingfire.

So two Sols so far, about to get my third junkyard dog, which should make farming the records a little easier which will net me another Sol and another junkyard dog.

Burned about 30 odd leifs and levelled a pile of fodder while doing so. Holy hell, I need SO MUCH FODDER. That said, I'll come out of this with 6* Dizzy, 6* Sol (who will be close to a "free" 6*.

I think that makes up for your next 3 pity pulls. Pulling ML 5*'s early is really lucky haha.

• Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Is it important to make same element teams? Or are synergistic teams (like bleed or something) better? My last gatcha was Dragalia which is very element focused.

There are only 2 units right now that have skills that benefit same element characters, SC Hazel and Khawana. There are characters that can deal extra damage if the enemy is debuffed or buffed, so you can build synergistic teams around that stuff. Keep in mind, they tend to be boss specific as some bosses have retaliation to debuffs and other mechanics like it.

The only PvE mechanic that penalizes elements are the Hunts (and maybe some abyss floors). And even then, as Jubal mentioned, many folks take ML units in anyways as they can be really good. The main way elements come into place is the disadvantage/advantage piece. Fire bests Earth, Earth bests Water, Water bests Fire. When doing PvE farming or PvP, you'll want to be mindful of those combos.

• Options
    And dark and light are strong to each other.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    ForceVoid wrote: »

There are only 2 units right now that have skills that benefit same element characters, SC Hazel and Khawana. There are characters that can deal extra damage if the enemy is debuffed or buffed, so you can build synergistic teams around that stuff. Keep in mind, they tend to be boss specific as some bosses have retaliation to debuffs and other mechanics like it.

The only PvE mechanic that penalizes elements are the Hunts (and maybe some abyss floors). And even then, as Jubal mentioned, many folks take ML units in anyways as they can be really good. The main way elements come into place is the disadvantage/advantage piece. Fire bests Earth, Earth bests Water, Water bests Fire. When doing PvE farming or PvP, you'll want to be mindful of those combos.

The penalty if you attack the wrong unit type is a 50% chance to miss, which means you do 25% dmg and none of the additional debuffs or effects of an ability on the enemy will occur. Attacking an enemy you're strong against leads to +15% crit rate, and I think +15% more damage.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Finally hit Rank 35 and unlocked the Pet. Picked the fat little Dragon and it's got two B rank abilities, one for Greater Runes and one for Common Runes in Spirit Altar. Did the free adoption afterward and got a dog with S rank 7.5% chance for extra gear drop in Hunt, so that seems pretty good. Gonna need to look at a guide before delving into this system though, seems really expensive to mess up with.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    It is! I got a decent 3* pet for runes (S greater runes and A common runes) and good 4* pet for hunts (S additional gear and S extra materials), but I only merge pets once in a while. Basically use my free draws every day and hoard any tickets I get from the World Boss for special pets that are exceptionally cute.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Finished Abyss 80 tonight. Kawerik continues to be the MVP, fuck the haters.

Summons gave me Doris and Lorina, and my first Celestial Mercedes which is pretty cool!

• Options
    ArdArd Registered User regular
    @Mace1370 How many openings do you have? I guess it just depends on if Ard is taking a break or not. Sounded like it a couple weeks back. I can't blame ya, I go through some ups and downs with the game as well. As I don't really want to take back over the PA guild, maybe we should just ping them to merge over? Seems like half our guild is non-PA folks and constantly ask for Catalysts for aid... lol. Not sure how many active PA folks we have.

I’m definitely burning out pretty hard, but I’m still playing for now. My level of caring has started to plummet severely though.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    It is! I got a decent 3* pet for runes (S greater runes and A common runes) and good 4* pet for hunts (S additional gear and S extra materials), but I only merge pets once in a while. Basically use my free draws every day and hoard any tickets I get from the World Boss for special pets that are exceptionally cute.

Yeah I don't sweat switching them and only every once in awhile try for a 4*. I have a 3* B rank with chance for event currency (never seen another one of these). And a couple S Rank for hunts and lobby. Lobby is mostly enhance equipment related since units I grind to level and I don't see much equipment (always have stuff to level up for the gear conversion machine lol).

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited May 2020

We have 4-5 openings iirc. It would be awesome if you or anyone else would apply. We'd really like to fill out our numbers. We're looking for people who are interesting in improving, want a more challenging GvG experience in a stress free environment (i.e. we want you to try, but no one is going to bash you or be toxic if you lose), and are willing to be active in the guild and on discord.

The guild is a really great group. Everyone is really nice and supportive and there are multiple veteran players who have a lot of experience and really help improve your builds and understanding of the game. It's probably the best guild experience I've had in a game to date.

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    Had to stop cranking out dogs, just overwhelmed by how many I have. We need a free stamina weekend so I can turn all of these into 6* heroes. Or an event that gives out a zillion stamina.

• Options
    Woo got my first MVP for guild wars. And on the build battle that put us back into the top 500 guilds

• Options
    Had to stop cranking out dogs, just overwhelmed by how many I have. We need a free stamina weekend so I can turn all of these into 6* heroes. Or an event that gives out a zillion stamina.

You could always pick a low stamina cost story stage and just crank it out for 2* units. Then once you've awakened your silver dogs to level 21 3*, feed them to the gold dogs or leveled silver dogs.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Aren't all stages 8 STA @ normal difficulty? I've just been pushing through normal guilty gear stages at the moment, mainly because it nets me both units and doodads to buy more Sols and artifacts. I was doing the higher difficulty 12 STA of the same stages, but I found my units levelled too fast for the amount of fodder units I was getting so I was perpetually starved for fodder.

Nosf on
  • Options
    Aren't all stages 8 STA @ normal difficulty? I've just been pushing through normal guilty gear stages at the moment, mainly because it nets me both units and doodads to buy more Sols and artifacts. I was doing the higher difficulty 12 STA of the same stages, but I found my units levelled too fast for the amount of fodder units I was getting so I was perpetually starved for fodder.

Yep, if I remember right though, there are normal story stages that drop more fodder than normal. Grinding the 8 stamina stages for the event is the best way to go if you are still working towards those rewards.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    You want to run what your stamina can support. Your dailies should supply enough to play for awhile at 8 stamina. But that said the currency drops arent linear. You get much more for higher stamina. And using the artifacts.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    At the moment, I'm running Sol w/ his artifact and Dizzy with hers. She's levelling up at the same time but I'm pretty sure Sol hit 50 last night. Grind grind grind!

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular

Normal difficulty is the most efficient stamina cost per experience gained, so is the best difficulty to run if you want to maximize leveling up heroes and fodder.

Hell difficulty is the most efficient stamina cost per event currency gained, so is the best difficulty to run if you want to buy things from the shop for the least amount of energy spent.

If you are early game you should run the stages on normal since you often need to level up units at that point. Once you progress more into the game, leveling units is no longer the bottleneck for progression (i.e. you will have multiple level 50s or 60s sitting around with no gear or molas), so hell difficulty is the best.

• Options
    Also Hell has rate up on catalysts I believe.

• Options
    I'm able to auto Hard so that's where I'm sticking to get currency since I basically only just got up to speed in the final week. Still need to buy a copy of Sol then decide if I want to go for the remaining two copies of Junkyard artifact or pick up as many catalysts as I can get my hands on.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Man, trying to get Eff Res for Crozet and now of course i can’t get it to roll to save my life. 3 crafted equipment and nothing good.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    I would give you all my gear for a single piece that can roll critical chance or attack% instead of pumping everything into effect resist on all the red pieces.

• Options
    So Elphelt looks fun!
    S3 debuffs then sleeps and decreases defense, plus gives an extra turn.
    S2 increases crit chance for all allies and, if you kill the enemy, decreases defense for all other enemies.
    S1 is a 75% unable to buff.

That seems pretty awesome. But then the madlads are putting Ray out finally the week after (I think) who is basically Destina and Angelica rolled together. Bastards.

Also, Elphelt's artifact is a single target def break. That might be worth pulling on the banner for itself.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Yeah she's good enough and limited, so I'll be pulling. Her S3 makes ML Baal and Sezan cry even more... She has 100% chance to put dispel like them, but then has a 100% chance for sleep and defense break, can SB for 'ignore effect res', and gets another turn. Her only knock is with farming, her animations are long lol. Otherwise she looks great for both PvE and PvP, having a good base speed of 115.

Her artifact is also pretty decent. The only downside is it'll need a lot of investment with bottles (or get lucky pulling) since it's only around 45% with 1. But could be useful for fast rangers to give them more utility.

Ray coming after is kind of a FU to players. He looks amazing, sort of a ML Basar lite but with 110 base speed (fastest SW so far).

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Anti Charles. She is strong/safeish anti Charles which makes her pretty top tier heh.

As for Ray following people have been asking for more new heroes more often on reddit heh. Its one of the more common things i see people whining about on reddit and official forums.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/5331153

Patch notes.

For me the shining star of the patch is being able to choose mystic medals or skystones for your weekly arena reward.

And Ray.... I may have dolphin a bit for Ray. Not because he is good. Which he looks to be a no nonsense fast healer. But because his animations are some of the best in the game I think.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    eh, there are folks that complain about anything. Having 3 or 4 weeks of repeats, I'm sure folks were asking for new units. I doubt anyone was asking for a repeat limited collab with 1 new limited collab unit and then a desirable RGB unit run the week after. This is pure greed on SG.

Looks like ML's getting some tweaks as well. Time moving from 4 weeks to 3 weeks and no new 4* ML units till all the ML 4*'s that haven't been included get a run. Also seems you can now choose Skystones or Mystic Medals as a weekly Arena reward.

• Options
    Oh I agree its just really common flex I see around...

"well I guess ill keep my thousands of skystones sitting there"

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Man people are already jumping on Elphet.

WHY?! She is one of the more op single targets they have put out. I guess people just dont know the game and dont know that sleep makes you 100% chance to crit so you can build her extra fast and hard hitting at 50% crit and setup the rest of your chunky 50% crit team to finish. And remove one of the biggest pvp threats in the game with charles.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Did I read somewhere that the next 4* ML in rotation was Shadow Rose? Because she's I think the last one I want and I might have to go in for her.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »

WHY?! She is one of the more op single targets they have put out. I guess people just dont know the game and dont know that sleep makes you 100% chance to crit so you can build her extra fast and hard hitting at 50% crit and setup the rest of your chunky 50% crit team to finish. And remove one of the biggest pvp threats in the game with charles.

But don't you know they "censored" her S3 animation and so she's awful now?

:rotate:

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Yeah man it is S Rose. She is great fun.

Remember you can check in game with the little helmet and carrot icon at the bottom.
    Madican wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »

But don't you know they "censored" her S3 animation and so she's awful now?

:rotate:

Yeah and her with Sasha arti could be lots of fun!

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    There's always folks that will complain since they hold every new unit to Dizzy or SSB. Elphet looks great, she has a role in PvP and should be pretty good at PvE as well. She looks ready made for A11-13.

EDIT: Also her artifact could work really well on Cerise.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Does bring up a question around what goes first mechanic's wise. If I have Dizzy with Iela Violin, if it proc's, does it remove immunity first then apply her debuffs or does it hit debuffs first then strip?