As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Arahakan. I got him to about 30% last night but just couldn't keep up anymore. Have to rethink it some more. Was using Dizzy/LQC/Lilias/Tams, but I don't think my Dizzy has good enough gear, and I just don't think I was doing it right.

I'd say dizzy is pretty bad against arrakhan in general. You really want dps for the adds rather than CC. The key for me was saving souls for the second half of the fight, since you get less time to kill adds the more turns pass. Replace dizzy with a strong cleaver and you should be able to burn through adds and boss hp fast enough to beat the soft enrage (arrakhans stacking atk/speed buff).

I'd been using Dizzy because she is a pretty reliable way to get Slow on them which was helping, but you're not wrong I think. Maybe drop her and Lilias, and replace with Tywin and ChampZ?

Tywin is probably a good bet since his aoe def break+cr push for dps is really nice. But champ Z is gonna have a lot of attacks wasted in the minion phase by hitting minion+boss instead of minion+minion. Don't you have any good aoe dps?

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Arahakan. I got him to about 30% last night but just couldn't keep up anymore. Have to rethink it some more. Was using Dizzy/LQC/Lilias/Tams, but I don't think my Dizzy has good enough gear, and I just don't think I was doing it right.

I'd say dizzy is pretty bad against arrakhan in general. You really want dps for the adds rather than CC. The key for me was saving souls for the second half of the fight, since you get less time to kill adds the more turns pass. Replace dizzy with a strong cleaver and you should be able to burn through adds and boss hp fast enough to beat the soft enrage (arrakhans stacking atk/speed buff).

I'd been using Dizzy because she is a pretty reliable way to get Slow on them which was helping, but you're not wrong I think. Maybe drop her and Lilias, and replace with Tywin and ChampZ?

Tywin is probably a good bet since his aoe def break+cr push for dps is really nice. But champ Z is gonna have a lot of attacks wasted in the minion phase by hitting minion+boss instead of minion+minion. Don't you have any good aoe dps?

I have some, the only one that's ready for use is SBAramintha, who I can try with. I have Tenebria, Bellona, JKise, BBK, and CMercedes but none of them are mola'd or geared at all.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

I have some, the only one that's ready for use is SBAramintha, who I can try with. I have Tenebria, Bellona, JKise, BBK, and CMercedes but none of them are mola'd or geared at all.

Bell's %hp does wonders plus lots of def break. I don't think he resists max hp dmg?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Abyss 97 down!

It took a fair bit of shuffling to find a mix of damage, healing and cleansing that could keep up. It's probably the floor i iterated on most so far apart from 90, it felt incredibly rng heavy until I changed my approach completely from my initial attempts.

98 looks daunting, but seeing the fight in action usually makes the giant wall of text make a bit more sense.

Edit: 98 was rather badly translated. It is a miserable rng fest.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Tower rewards got me my first ML Silk! Finally I can take all these regular Silk's out of storage lol.

Also tried Hell Raid for the first time. Used Elena, Tam, Cermia, Lilias and went for Arahakan. Wasn't bad at all, it took longer than normal since I only had Cermia and no defense break. I may throw Iseria back in instead of Lilias next time since debuffing wasn't too bad. Probably try Karkanis next with the same team. Wish Lilias was geared better though, she's really weak attack wise right now.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I don't think I understand how the Raid and Hell Raid work. My teams always gets crushed and it seems like a giant waste of time for me. Is there a primer somewhere on the raids?

• Options
    Cirira wrote: »
    I don't think I understand how the Raid and Hell Raid work. My teams always gets crushed and it seems like a giant waste of time for me. Is there a primer somewhere on the raids?

At the party selection screen there is a button that says boss guide to the lower right, this will let you check out the bosses and their gimmicks. Apart from dealing with the gimmicks it's also a gear check. Are you making it to the bosses, or dying to the regular fights on the way?

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Morale matters in Raids. Once you gear it out not so much in regular raid but definitely in hell raid. You shouldnt need to worry about hell raid until you can easily beat queen in normal. As for boss mechanics they are documented like frozenzen says or you can ask for specifics tips here if you like.

• Options
    I ran into a proof of valor champ z with alexa arby and normal ml ken. That was a pretty damn horrible combo. Definately drew in on the kill arby front only to have ultra tanky decent dmg champ z there just chiseling at the group. My ML Haste was not ready for that heh.

• Options
    Cirira wrote: »

I've been using this for hell raid: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FbLN8zEMPqBXE26ua9SRTmXYfGhf7yKxI4VXu45gc3o/edit

You can use the Morale calculator here to see how well your group does: https://epic7x.com/friendship-calculator/

For the normal Raid, I use Tam/Iseria/C. Dom/Cermia for every boss really. I sometimes sub Iseria out for Juleeve since de-buffs make them re-buff. I'm just starting Hell Raid, so I'm not sure what my teams will be for all the bosses. I need to get my Champ Z a bit better equipped since he's really good for most of these bosses.

• Options
    Oh shit, my daily draw today was Chloe! Sounds like Luna might hit the bench...

• Options
    Nice! Got a dupe Elena from the water summon tokens yesterday. Definitely the first 5* to come out of those types of pulls.

• Options
    What are people doing for B13? I really need to start grinding it but i’m failing.

I’ve been using Elena/vildred/bellona/angie for b12.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm not focusing on anything else until I have W13 on auto farm so I can have a steady supply of gold and materials to craft Speed/Crit gear. Then I can start to branch off to B13 and A13, maybe a bit of G13.

Currently I'm only working on building up Sigret to be the best Wyvern Killer she can be. Right now she's wearing a ton of Hit set gear for the effectiveness to land her debuffs, but I'm hoping to put it on substat when I eventually get her Speed gear. Not going to be too focused on Speed though, I mainly want substats like Crit Damage% and Attack%, because I'll be using GPurrg to make up for the speed and just turn her into a oneshot machine. Once I can start doing B13 with Baiken I'll be able to ascend her gear even further with Destruction set stuff.

Current stats at 58

HP: 9000
    Attack: 2500
    Crit: 75% (I can lose 25% more of this since I have Furious)
    Crit Damage: 200% (want to make this as high as possible, looking for a necklace with it as main stat)
    Effectiveness: 70% (could stand to shave a bit off)
    Skills: 5/3/3 (gonna grind up 7 more blue orbs to 5/3/5 her for more S3 shenanigans)

• Options
    edited June 2020
    My B13 is Ray, ML Purrgis, Charles and SSB. Its high % win rate. Ray upped the % clear a fair amount of momo.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Bought the Crit Damage% necklace from Arena to bring Sigret's to 254%. It also rolled pretty high for Attack%, Health%, and a bit into Crit Chance% while going once into Eff Res% (sigh, at least it was a decent roll).

Now Sigret goes brrrrrrrrrr to Wyvern 11. Hopefully powder shop brings Song of Stars next reset, Furious can make her even stronger.

Edit: Soooo...I bought an artifact pack in the shop because I looked at my powder count and wanted to make sure I was in range for the next shop reset. It came with three 4-5* artifact tickets, which y'know they're gonna be bunk right, along with some gold, skystone, and charms. They rolled: Time Matter 5*, Barthez's Orbuculum 4*, SONG OF STARS 5*!

Looks like like Rod of Amaryllis is back on the menu! If it shows up next reset. I don't dare to buy another pack just to test my luck, that way lies poor financial decisions.

Meanwhile Sigret is just deleting W11 now with 75K damage on Extinction, with a near 100% consistency rate on auto clears. I can also manual W12 with a bit of luck but that's much less consistent.

Madican on
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    My B13 is Ray, ML Purrgis, Charles and SSB. Its high % win rate. Ray upped the % clear a fair amount of momo.

How is Charles geared? I've been trying to get him in Counter gear but I'd assume for B13, destruction or speed might be better?

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Trajan45 wrote: »

How is Charles geared? I've been trying to get him in Counter gear but I'd assume for B13, destruction or speed might be better?

Attack hit. Nothing too fancy but one of my better sets as I use him on GW def. Mine is prtty much like Mace's in stats but with little differences here and there. Like mine has 100% chance to crit, a little less crit dmg and more attack but less defensive stats a little bit and mine has around 50% eff and eff res.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Medican dont forget about the artis from the EE shop as well. Sword of Ereza is good PVE for hunts if you are using a knight to tank. Iela Violin is worth buying for PVP and some PVE stuff for any aoe mage.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Sigret is a beast for W13. So far my runs have gone from 60% or so to 90%+. I got my first 10/10 run.

EDIT: So far 30/30, looking so much better. Also threw some BM's at Sigret's banner last night (probably should have waited now that we're getting Karin's Aunt), but got my first Violet Talisman and a 2nd Sigret. Was hoping for her arti since it's hard to tell when it might be useful. At least it's not limited.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    I kind of wish when you run out of energy that the auto battle window didn't close.

• Options
    So we're getting this AI person (free!) this week maybe, ML Tiera this week (free!), and then likely Karin's aunt and maybe ML Violet?

Too many coolish possibilities.

• Options
    Medican dont forget about the artis from the EE shop as well. Sword of Ereza is good PVE for hunts if you are using a knight to tank. Iela Violin is worth buying for PVP and some PVE stuff for any aoe mage.

Yeah I've got the Sword in mind for when I get GPurrg up and running, but it's gonna be a while to accrue that many points in Trials. Also need to buy his EE so it lands on the second skill. Right now I'm making do with Angelica and Idol's Cheer. Don't need the other stuff yet because I'm not doing any actual PvP until I have better gear.

• Options
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Patch notes are up. Equipment conversion is getting changes, going to use Cores instead of straight equipment, but you can change equipment directly into cores. Less garbage to keep in inventory!

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    Celine has awesome art and I can always use another bruiser even if I'm not entirely sure how well she'll work.

ML Violet looks insane. Not sure if his S2 is a buff that can be dispelled or not. In the video it you see the evasion icon pop up but it doesn't stay. If you can't dispel it, he's going to be a PITA for GW. Time to work on SC Wanda and SC Carrot lol.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Celine has the chance to be the most op of the set really. The next iteration of the anti speed lead. But rather than just cutting in to do it like Hurado she will destroy someone. She is defense team able and will be interesting to see how her numbers add up. She should be top tier thief as her base speed is no joke either. Ignoring damage sharing effects will be key to how hard her S2 hits with multipliers on tanky mobs.

ML Violet looks amazing. Auto friendly and definitely an evolution of apple there. Since it shows on the bar I would imagine its dispellable. Although you will have to use certain people to reliably do it. I think Ken's is the only one that shows and you can dispel right?

Tiera looks great too. Worth gearing and leveling. Should be great for pve and I could see uses for her in PVP too being light warrior. And hey they are giving a free starter set for her right there in the patch notes heh.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Celine has awesome art and I can always use another bruiser even if I'm not entirely sure how well she'll work.

ML Violet looks insane. Not sure if his S2 is a buff that can be dispelled or not. In the video it you see the evasion icon pop up but it doesn't stay. If you can't dispel it, he's going to be a PITA for GW. Time to work on SC Wanda and SC Carrot lol.

My time to shine!

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Kazuna looks very fun too. If she has any speed you could see her being used as a turn 1 like ML basar is for setup on full speed teams in like RTA and GWs against bruisers.

Oh I just saw her base speed so nah on that heh. She is destina slow. But holy that S3 is just amazing.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Ah I see, yeah in the PvP video there is the buff. We'll have to see how the "random" attack thing turns out. Both he and Celine have it and not sure how much folks enjoy RNG in PvP. Especially in RTA I could see it not being great. We'll have to see mod's really it seems. Sol already has a cut in move that isn't random and it's usually not a big deal.

ML Violet looks like a counter to slow bruiser teams. He has defense pen on his S3 and needs time to build focus stacks. But I can't help that he may be easy to counter. F. Kluri, Tam, mage with Violin can all dispel his evasion and if you have a unit that can throw unbuffable on him, it may just shut him down. If his evasion was like regular Violet maybe that would be better, but that could be too powerful.

• Options
    Kazuna looks very fun too. If she has any speed you could see her being used as a turn 1 like ML basar is for setup on full speed teams in like RTA and GWs against bruisers.

Oh I just saw her base speed so nah on that heh. She is destina slow. But holy that S3 is just amazing.

Seems like a budget fire Elena. You could go counter set with Speed/HP on her. She seems pretty decent for a free unit for newer players. I wonder if she needs Mola? She's a 4* and I can't see anyone using Mola on her.

Free Spirit Tieria is fun. Her S3 animation is great and could be a good unit for newer players. Her Arti is pretty great as well and we get a full copy.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I know molas is the hot issue and people want to easymode the game fully but there is no real required hero to max mola outside of maybe one or two and even then outside of top end pvp you dont need to max mola things. I just think you will live your gacha life happier knowing that its one of those systems that exist in most of them that i have been in with pvp that is a premium. I just -1 cd things and save up for the next hero. When I get extras I might throw more into passives of heroes I use. But -1 cd is enough for me to use where im at in the game as gear and synergies are the main thing you need for the hero to work into top 500 guilds in gws and near top end challenger and probably even champion if I stop being lazy and push.

I mean I wouldnt mind more but given this game is built on the summoner wars base its no surprise there is a devilmon system in the game. skill ups in that game is a chore too.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Molas are plentiful enough for what you need imo. Just don't spend them without at least thinking about if you are going to use the unit, and you should be fine.

• Options
    A lot of the heroes I use really effectively are only -1 cd because that is all I need them on. Lilias, Champ Z, even SSB. Their kits are so strong that they dont need more than that right now.

Its like the gold issue. Once I stopped spending gold on sub par gear and just selling it, and after the patch making into cores, I stay around 8 million+ gold now easy. I do sessions every now and then to try to craft gear but I dont go overboard with it.

• Options
    It took me months to get over 40+ mola and I'm down to 9 now after just finishing A. Ravi's S3 (last 2) and Sigret (not all of her but her S3 and the effect boosts). That's months for 1 unit basically. idk, that's insane to me.

• Options
    You get about 19 a month.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Even on the dps I invest molas into for dmg i have only 2 characters ive invested into the epic catas on. BBK and Cdoms. Other than that I stop at the rare cata molas.

19 a month but they have been upping the mount from events and also chance from pets and world boss. They have also been giving us a mologorago about once a half year or less it seems too.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    But it also discourages experimentation. I have a bunch of units I'd like to play around with that I can't because of mola and gear unequip costs. Off the top of my head:
    ACidd
    CMercedes
    SAngelica
    ATywin
    BBK
    WSilk
    WSchuri
    Blingo
    Bellona
    JKise
    TCrozet
    Pavel

These are all characters that I have and would love to try out, but the limited number of molas I have means I'm not going to get a chance to because, hey, why bother putting resources into them when I might need them for other characters? It's pretty frutsrating, and makes pulling for new characters a bit less exciting.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Oh I understand I and I do agree. If they rid of the mechanic and just baked in the dmg into the character I wouldnt mind. They could put the CD reduction and eff chance into the imprint system like SW does.

I just challenge the notion that those on that list are worthless unless molad heavily. Out of those you listed almost all of them are one turn based characterss. Only a couple are sustain.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Sigret takes 15 just to 'complete' her skills, ie max effect chance and -1 CD. It takes another 15 to max out damage. Let's say you also pulled Elphelt and wanted to use her. To 'complete' her skills, need 9 mola. That's 24 for just 2 'complete' characters. For Elphelt, that's some of S1, most of S3, and no S2.

Look I get it, the game is the way it is, and I have no problem if anyone has made peace with the mola situation. But to say it's ok as is, that I don't get. What harm is there in a once a month mola refund ticket? or cutting mola requirements in half? more folks can have more units that they may have spent real money on somewhat mola'd up?

EDIT: I agree, for most of PvE you could probably do just fine without mola'ing characters to max. Though I'm struggling with Abyss 97 and all my characters I'm using are max mola'd.

Trajan45 on