As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Even if you oneshot SSB you have to oneshot her at the start of the fight no matter what. She really restricts your options in how to fight, even if you can deal with her.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Oh sure. Pavels aoe is nice for that as well to loosen up the fceci or ml ken or charles or whatever is left for my cdoms to swoop in and murder. Like with anything you have to deal with the others but in gws she is paird with other counter attackers usually rarely with healing. And in pvp you have a 4th slot for another burn for cdoms or your second deeps or the like. If there is no fceci I just usually bbk it because even with the dmg mitigation to the front you rarely run into one that has enough to survive my bbk where im at in challenger.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Elphelt seems so niche to me. Her best place is to fit in with cleave teams, but there are already a bunch of units that do that just fine.

ML Ken and Charles get stomped by Cermia, yufine, LQC, etc and most people already have at least one of those built. Given the shortage of mola gora, why build another unit that doesn't really add anything to the team? I guess if you just like her design, but if you are looking to optimize I'm not seeing her as worth it right now. Maybe there's something I'm missing about her, though.

Finally built my counter Charles. I've wanted him on counter for ages, but I finally got around to farming banshee for like a month straight. Happy with the way he turned out:

countercharles.png

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    A sudden bout of kidney stones almost fucked me out of getting that sweet health armor I plan on slapping on Angelica; well, some parts of it at least. But I hopped on and snagged it and now back to writhing in agony and wishing for the sweet kiss of death.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    A sudden bout of kidney stones almost fucked me out of getting that sweet health armor I plan on slapping on Angelica; well, some parts of it at least. But I hopped on and snagged it and now back to writhing in agony and wishing for the sweet kiss of death.

Owch, good luck. Kidney stones are incredibly painful. Feel better!

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Wooo RNG on my side again! Sigret got in 50 BM's. Also that shitty Alabastron arti... Why are there off banner arti's again?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    snOtO1Hl.jpg

I threw four pulls into the mystic because my pity ended in a 9 and it was bugging me. Instead I pulled my first ML 5*! Holy shit I was not expecting that. Purple light came up, I started tapping because it's just a GPurrg imprint right? Except the animation didn't stop and up popped the Librarian on the right.

• Options
    Sigret took all of what I had saved up but powered her up to 60 and holy damn is so much faster swapping her in for ssb with ml purgis.

• Options
    I’m 1 pull from my ML pity. Going to wait till we see whose next but I’ll probably grab Ruele. From what i keep reading she’s a monster with 90 gear.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Yeah sigret is pretty broken on w13. No molas really other than -1 and she has hit for near 70k already. Her and chloe are killing it sometimes near a 3 cycle if the debuffs happen.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Sigret in 20-30 pulls, got her artifact and Luluca's plus another one I'd never seen before, Oboe something or other. Doot Doot!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    This new unit for the collab is apparently free.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    I didn't realize Sigret was considered so good. I've had her since the beginning, and regret the fact I had 4 of her dupes that I merged into her before realizing I should have saved them to more easily promote her to 6-stars. How should she be kitted out?

• Options
    edited June 2020
    For my build you try to get as close to 65% ish eff. Focus on crit, crit dmg and attack with speed you can get in. Mine has almost no speed as I went full offense as I have general purrgis. If you dont have purrgis you will want 180ish or so speed like ladyjubs has but still have those other stats as much as possible. For EE the bleed chance or S2 one.

She is also enabled by the others in my group. I put in SSB for taranor gaurd but it made auto a bit harder because tgaurd is really really good for Wyvern. The dual attack and defense break all the time is just so good. And chloe gives a high uptime guaranteed debuff. I put junkyard dog on tguard as well for the extra burns. When I did manual with SSB I hit for 80k without chloe nail so with molas and nail I could probably hit for over 100k with her easy.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Zaylenz wrote: »
    I didn't realize Sigret was considered so good. I've had her since the beginning, and regret the fact I had 4 of her dupes that I merged into her before realizing I should have saved them to more easily promote her to 6-stars. How should she be kitted out?

She got a major buff not to far back. She was ok before that, but now she's really good. Also with W13 requiring debuffs for stable auto runs, her value has increased by proxy.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Thank goodness; GG collaboration totally tapped me out.

• Options
    Mace1370 wrote: »

Thank goodness; GG collaboration totally tapped me out.

See also: Ray.

• Options
    Not sure how I feel about this new format. In some way's it's nice to move the side story along while doing other things. But so far I've gotten a lot of "collect necklaces" or rings or almost worse, craft 10 items. I mean that's a good 500K gold gone just to complete that square.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Not sure how I feel about this new format. In some way's it's nice to move the side story along while doing other things. But so far I've gotten a lot of "collect necklaces" or rings or almost worse, craft 10 items. I mean that's a good 500K gold gone just to complete that square.

But if you craft necklaces and rings you'll fill both goals at the same time.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I think it is great. I thought I wouldnt like it because I use side events to level fodder with the buffed units easily. I dont need to but it grinds out the friendship with them.

But being able to run what I want? Seems better. I have yet to get to 10 rerolls on any one node for something I will run. Or is not helped by running my other ones.

Jubal77 on
  • Options

But if you craft necklaces and rings you'll fill both goals at the same time.

haha sure, though you have to get them together and it is more gold.

• Options
    I've been able to reroll the entire board to get stuff that I'll complete just by leveling fodder as I'm doing. Just gotta make sure you synergize all three, like right now I have "Level Mega Phantasm to 30", "Collect 5 Boots", and "Acquire 100,000 gold" which I'll get done just by autoing with a dog and Sigret in Unwritten History for AP.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I think it is great. I thought I wouldnt like it because I use side events to level fodder with the buffed units easily. I dont need to but it grinds out the friendship with them.

But being able to run what I want? Seems better. I have yet to get to 10 rerolls on any one node for something I will run. Or is not helped by running my other ones.

I also love the new side story format. It gives you a lot more flexibility. Having to mess around with artifacts and being locked into doing the side story missions, which may or may not drop catalysts you need at that moment, is something I am happy to do without.

• Options
    I've gotten a lot of "raise two phantasmas" for my goals, and it's not like I have much else to spend this 20k stigma on.

• Options
    How many goddamn Arby's does this guild we're fighting even have.

• Options
    Tama skin incoming!

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

At some point you just get arby/mlken/mchloe/ruele in some combo everywhere. With bonus appearences of Charles and Ssb naturally.

• Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

At some point you just get arby/mlken/mchloe/ruele in some combo everywhere. With bonus appearences of Charles and Ssb naturally.

I'm only in Challanger V and most of the comps I have options to face have a combo of those. Sprinkle some Kayron and A. Mont in there or for Flidica/Basar for speedy ones.

I'm seeing a lot less SSB since Roana came out.

• Options
    ArdArd Registered User regular
    Yup, I'm definitely burning out. I'm having trouble even bothering to log in. Can't tell if it's world events or actual burn out, but I think I need to take a while away from the game.

• Options
    Ard wrote: »
    Yup, I'm definitely burning out. I'm having trouble even bothering to log in. Can't tell if it's world events or actual burn out, but I think I need to take a while away from the game.

Unlike other Gacha games, like FFBE, where the meta will complete move on if you come back. E7 tends to have a pretty slow meta and old units work just fine. It's really just taking a break from grinding gear, which I think we all can empathize with.

• Options
    Abyss 82 continues to kick my ass. I was doing ok this time but I couldn't do enough damage, the fucker kept speeding up to the point that I couldn't keep up anymore, and I spent way too long tonight fighting him to try again. Another go at another time, I guess.

• Options
    Which one is 82?

• Options
    Arahakan. I got him to about 30% last night but just couldn't keep up anymore. Have to rethink it some more. Was using Dizzy/LQC/Lilias/Tams, but I don't think my Dizzy has good enough gear, and I just don't think I was doing it right.

• Options
    Finally beat Abyss 96 this morning. Sadly I just used Kiris again. I'd like to think I have a pretty good Cermia, but even with def break it took 3 rounds to kill a broom and with Bellona's CR push on non-attacks, it was always a losing battle. So I said F' it and brought Kiris plus support. Her poison stacks were able to beat out the broom's healing by quite a bit.

It's a bit sad that these are either tuned to the 1% of players with epic OP gear or just badly tuned. If the damage was lowered, I wouldn't need 2 healers or a tank/healer which would have allowed me to go 3 DPS/healer or some combo that allowed me to actually whittle down the brooms.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Finally beat Abyss 96 this morning. Sadly I just used Kiris again. I'd like to think I have a pretty good Cermia, but even with def break it took 3 rounds to kill a broom and with Bellona's CR push on non-attacks, it was always a losing battle. So I said F' it and brought Kiris plus support. Her poison stacks were able to beat out the broom's healing by quite a bit.

It's a bit sad that these are either tuned to the 1% of players with epic OP gear or just badly tuned. If the damage was lowered, I wouldn't need 2 healers or a tank/healer which would have allowed me to go 3 DPS/healer or some combo that allowed me to actually whittle down the brooms.

They're not tuned THAT high.

That said, they're designed to be challenges for the very geared players because we were complaining for ages about a lack of challenge.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Arahakan. I got him to about 30% last night but just couldn't keep up anymore. Have to rethink it some more. Was using Dizzy/LQC/Lilias/Tams, but I don't think my Dizzy has good enough gear, and I just don't think I was doing it right.

I'd say dizzy is pretty bad against arrakhan in general. You really want dps for the adds rather than CC. The key for me was saving souls for the second half of the fight, since you get less time to kill adds the more turns pass. Replace dizzy with a strong cleaver and you should be able to burn through adds and boss hp fast enough to beat the soft enrage (arrakhans stacking atk/speed buff).

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    No def break is making your life harder too.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    For the longest time i held off on investing in tguard for bossing/pve. I wish I would have done it earlier. He is really good at what he does.

• Options
    Yeah, arrakhan is basically all about pushing as much dps as possible at the right moments. And def break is better than atk buffs since you can't buff when you can damage the boss.

• Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »

I'd say dizzy is pretty bad against arrakhan in general. You really want dps for the adds rather than CC. The key for me was saving souls for the second half of the fight, since you get less time to kill adds the more turns pass. Replace dizzy with a strong cleaver and you should be able to burn through adds and boss hp fast enough to beat the soft enrage (arrakhans stacking atk/speed buff).

I'd been using Dizzy because she is a pretty reliable way to get Slow on them which was helping, but you're not wrong I think. Maybe drop her and Lilias, and replace with Tywin and ChampZ?