As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Yeah I will. The only PvP I really do is guild war, and I'm not sure where I would use her there. That's true of a lot of characters sadly.

But Solitaria still makes an appearance every time so meh.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Solitaria is a fun unit. I wish she was good in more scenarios.

• Options
    She's fun all over the place. She breaks SSB and Arby, is a great turn one stun unit, and that helps her set up Spez nicely. I like her.

Also she's goofy which is awesome.

• Options
    I don’t have spez. They would be a great combo for gvg though. Maybe one day he will come home 😂

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Well finally got those skystones. The arena ranking system seems a bit overwhelmed. I'd go from Rank 7, 9, 13 to Rank 92, 97 in the span of one fight. I might try for Legend V since there are so many Belian defenses to pick on right now. Though I noticed folks are learning quickly and moving her over to non-counter sets/artifacts.

zm87qoqfjlxu.jpg

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Solitaria is a fun unit. I wish she was good in more scenarios.

I wonder now that they have Stigma as a debuff, if they won't buff her as some point to also work against FS? A. Ravi is pretty meta right now, having units that counter FS could be useful.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Heh i think the game feels bad for me as my last two login shops had mystics in it. I did 2k worth of refreshes and got 1 mystic out of it. That is why Hueche is decent deal yall heh.

• Options
    Yeah, mystics are worth it from him. And again, maybe molas if you're in need. But otherwise he's a scam.

In the labyrinth he's great though. I go every day.

• Options
    The conversion boxes are big value, probably the best value item he sells.

• Options
    Break out your BMs. Ran looks like a must pull.

• Options
    He looks super fun. He has too many swords though. More of a caddy than a golfer.

• Options
    Was able to get him in 100 pulls, which is nice since I'm low on resources.

SG sucks at planning though. 3 week event that has buff events for the first half, meaning now I need to cram all this event into 1.5 weeks. And they release another side story as well.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    It doesnt take long. I have had it done for awhile now. The event was planned well actually. If you have the energy/liefs to burn you can get through everything fast with the way it is built. I hope they do more like this one it is really well done.

Full pity for me but I got 3 of his arty and a cradle so ill take it.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    I'm the opposite. I hate this event style. I like playing the story stuff in bed with headphones but this breaks all the story stuff up into random chucks with grinding in between. I can't save the story events they auto kick off once you hit the threshold which sucks.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Its not random. Story is set to when you want to do it. So you can grind. Story then grind a bunch more. But I understand what your general sentiment is. You could also just skip the story and go through the grind and replay it when you want from the screen that has all the story points on it.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    I had to go full pity for Ran. Got three of the artifact on the way, and that last ten pull dropped two of him. Acceptable.

First time I've been below a full pity in resources in a while though. Hope there's no new hero in two weeks! :P

• Options
    I was able to get him at 270 speed and still maintain near 100% crit 260 crit dmg and 3100 attk. That is fast for my account as i still havent rolled over 16 on gear really. He is fun when he doesnt get outsped heh. And even then I was competitive with my Langie and such in my groups. Running him with Silver Rain as I thought when I saw his kit seems to be the way to go.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Its not random. Story is set to when you want to do it. So you can grind. Story then grind a bunch more. But I understand what your general sentiment is. You could also just skip the story and go through the grind and replay it when you want from the screen that has all the story points on it.

Maybe I'm missing something then. For me, once I clear the boards, sometimes a story event triggers, sometimes it doesn't. The bar doesn't seem to move while doing postings to show if I'm close.

You're right I could just skip them and then come back, but something feels weird about it since I'm moving through the story without seeing what is going on.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Maybe I'm missing something then. For me, once I clear the boards, sometimes a story event triggers, sometimes it doesn't. The bar doesn't seem to move while doing postings to show if I'm close.

You're right I could just skip them and then come back, but something feels weird about it since I'm moving through the story without seeing what is going on.

Well there is no real story to the map is what I was getting at really. The story is all separate. The map is just a bunch of varying mobs of varying energy costs/levels that has no sub boss or anything tied to the story at all. Well up to the part they released today. Now that I am in that it is more of a traditional side story.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I had to go full pity for Ran. Got three of the artifact on the way, and that last ten pull dropped two of him. Acceptable.

First time I've been below a full pity in resources in a while though. Hope there's no new hero in two weeks! :P

I think we're supposed to be getting the remaining Season 3 dolls here soon, but I'd guess next month is likely given they'll probably re-do a halloween event here at the end of this month.

• Options
    I dont think they will do a redo of the Halloween event. Its in the book of memories.

• Options
    I guess I'm thinking of Haste's long side story, which maybe wasn't directly a halloween event.

If I just go Speed/Eff for Ran I can get up to 297 with 96% Eff. If I plan on using someone with book, I could get to 301 speed. If I want to keep CC and damage, I'm looking at around 270-ish speed as well.

• Options
    Watching vods of him it seems a lot are running him no eff and just getting what they get with no eff and burning when they can otherwise his S2 is strong enough on its own to be a great speed lead.

• Options
    I have him at 250 speed, 3k atk, and 300cdam. He seems fun so far. Using his artifact right now because I read the thoughts behind Silver Rain and they made my head explode a little.

Though I'm all about giving SSIseria more screentime.

300 speed breaks my brain. But I think my highest speed equipment is like 17.

• Options
    I'll keep an eye on him. Right now I'm really low on Mola and Cata's. I don't have SSI built either but I see the idea. C. Dom is another who could work well with him to help boost an Arby or some other slower DPS.

However every defense comp in arena is built to counter him right now, so I can wait.

• Options
    AhahahhahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Oh man, go check out the balance adjustments coming. Kawerik looks good and all, but Eda is amazeballs.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Holy. Eda is gonna be awesome. And ML Kawerik going to be so useful. Those are some strong buffs to bbk who I still use a lot.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Been waiting for them to make my accidental ML Kawerik pull less tragic

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Been waiting for them to make my accidental ML Kawerik pull less tragic

To be fair we all knew they would buff him eventually as soon as his given nickname became Mediocre Kawerik.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Oh man, go check out the balance adjustments coming. Kawerik looks good and all, but Eda is amazeballs.

The BBK buff just singlehandedly makes her a fuckin problem too.

Strip Immortality cleavers or die. There is no other option.

She’s gonna be a real nice auto win button in GVG.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Yeah, BBK getting immortality is gonna make slow BBK into a monster. With the kind of dps stats you can get on a no speed unit she will utterly shred people if she gets dropped to 1 hp.

• Options
    I totally missed the first time but they're removing the critical requirement from Eda's skills. Drop that crit chance and get some more bulk.

Wish I saw this yesterday when I had my unequip scroll going so I could just get the equipment onto her then. She looks great.

• Options

The BBK buff just singlehandedly makes her a fuckin problem too.

Strip Immortality cleavers or die. There is no other option.

She’s gonna be a real nice auto win button in GVG.

I like the suggestion to use ML Rin to steal her buff for your whole team.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    I totally missed the first time but they're removing the critical requirement from Eda's skills. Drop that crit chance and get some more bulk.

Wish I saw this yesterday when I had my unequip scroll going so I could just get the equipment onto her then. She looks great.

You'll have time. These are just the preview buffs. You might get a weekend or next months scroll by the time they come out.

Pretty happy that I got Eda randomly not long ago. She's a bit slow, but could work well with Spez.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    So, at some point after reset this morning I logged in and did my daily summon as well as the monthly Moonlight with those bookmarks. I do not remember any of this because I almost immediately fell back asleep for another hour or so. I only know it happened because I opened the Hero storage to clean it out and there's a goddamn Specimen Sez just chilling inside.

My first actual 5* from the Moonlight summon, not Covenant or Mystic, and I don't even remember doing it. Didn't he get buffed recently too?

• Options
    Beginning of the year, yeah. If you can get a team with him he's a goddamned monster.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    He will kill anything you can stun. Anything. With extinction too heh.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Yeah, he's my "fuck off, Arby" button.

• Options
    With the Eda buffs his stock should rise even higher. Already a few people you can use with him to great effect. Eda being a no dmg high chance stunner with all those other buffs should be fun.

• Options
    So after 2 solid weeks of arena, I can say for whatever reason Lilias's S1 prefers Roana at least 70% of the time, maybe 80%. Each match it's easily Roana 3-4 times and someone else 1-2 times maybe. I've even moved Roana from the top slot to the left slot and it made no difference.