As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Looks like we're getting ML Lilias reveal overnight.

Also this nerd showed up in my covenant summon this morning.

61p02yarqg4m.png

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    GZ!

My tower was a rough one in terms of what was given to me. And the killing of the top was rough as a result. But the golds it gave me and the following ml summon got me back to owning all ML 4*s with a ML Kahwana on my main. I dont really play the alt anymore heh. I have my pity ready for ML Lilias.

• Options
    My tower went pretty well. I got both the front row counter boosts, Ravi's character bonus, plus the good soul weaver bonuses. At the end, Ran and Ara were just kinda there while Ravi tore everything apart.

Good fun.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    We got free bookmarks in the mail so I decided to throw them into Covenant. Nothing, nothing, gold shine Angelica, gold shine Elbreus, purple shine...can't skip?

Well hello there new Operator Sigret how nice of you to drop in.

• Options
  • Options
    Not just S3 one the best counter meta units released in a long time.

• Options
    Yeah it's huge. Atk/def buff for the party that's not dispellable? Insane.

And I don't say this about characters seriously very often, but.. oh no, she's hot.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Yeah it's huge. Atk/def buff for the party that's not dispellable? Insane.

And I don't say this about characters seriously very often, but.. oh no, she's hot.

I mean its Lilias though. For all the hate Enott gets she is much more vile than he is. Both her animations though are epic. Border coin on her is going to be nuts. Have to find something else to put on my cermia now. She will make speed viable again as she will protect units from counter. She effectively neutralizes pen sets. And can even counter ML Kawerik if burned. I mean no AoE pushback but about as insane a speed lead there has been since papa Basar I think. With her base speed after her first turn with gg gear she will have over 400 speed with border coin.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    And if you don't have Border Coin, there's Pure White Trust.

Almost sad I used my pity on Celine now.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Madican wrote: »
    We got free bookmarks in the mail so I decided to throw them into Covenant. Nothing, nothing, gold shine Angelica, gold shine Elbreus, purple shine...can't skip?

Well hello there new Operator Sigret how nice of you to drop in.

I have been using mine in an offset while I am still deciding if I want to strip Ran. I mean I like him but having a hard time using him consistently.... but with ML Lilias he might be good with her in non AoL sets... we will see. I just Aux Lots her though in a dmg offset and she deletes a unit in FCC comps just poof.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Finally finished episode 3. Belian was a pain in the ass! But the rewards were pretty awesome. Selective summon I settled on gave me an Eda copy that I fed to Solitaria, and the stones gave me an SBAra copy to feed to her. Moonlight bookmarks giving a 5* It's a Christmas miracle!

• Options
    https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/8032669

Buffs are out. J Kise is the next one as expected. They loaded up her skill cd reset with everything. The strip. The dmg increase per unit. The soulburn. And gave her a skill nuli on top of it. Overall I feel a very nice buff but I guess im wrong though because omg j kise recall omg is the call of the reddit peeps.... lol. Aoe hit debuff on her s2 for the follow up which is really nice too. Should be a very nice buff. Both her attacks have the same multis and they decreased the dmg on the molas on the 3 to basically make the S3 do the same dmg as the S2 did before with the addition of the per hero multi. Dunno... reddit gonna reddit.

Arch Demon got a nice buff. Ignore eff res on S1 is what we really wanted for her. So the def break chance on S3 is just gravy!

Melissa always putting curse on is great buff too.

Lorina going to be PVE champ 3* now... all around wanda getting even better! All in all I like all of the buffs.

• Options
    Wanda looks fucking awesome. All in for my jerk merc lady.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    As long as her damage remains the same so I can 1-2 punch Arby's, T. Surins, etc, I'm fine with it. Outside of completely remaking her, there wasn't much they could do. Granting skill null was pretty much what I was thinking they'd do or go with immortality, something to help with counter units. It would have been nice to see a Sage Baal type buff for her S2, boosting CR, so she'll be more viable as a speed unit, but oh well.

Melissa and Wanda are direct Violet counter buffs, which is nice. It's nice they're letting us know about F. Tene's artifact buff while the banner is up. I don't have a copy, so it's nice I can pick one up for powder.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    As long as her damage remains the same so I can 1-2 punch Arby's, T. Surins, etc, I'm fine with it. Outside of completely remaking her, there wasn't much they could do. Granting skill null was pretty much what I was thinking they'd do or go with immortality, something to help with counter units. It would have been nice to see a Sage Baal type buff for her S2, boosting CR, so she'll be more viable as a speed unit, but oh well.

Melissa and Wanda are direct Violet counter buffs, which is nice. It's nice they're letting us know about F. Tene's artifact buff while the banner is up. I don't have a copy, so it's nice I can pick one up for powder.

She can't 1-2 punch anyone now because she can't take an instant turn anymore

EDIT: Oh wait nm they moved it to her 3

Anyway they clearly want her to move to a normal fast DPS rather than just being an outdated cleaver, but I also don't necessarily think that's gonna happen either

the Archdemon buffs, while slight, are pretty cool though

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Aoe strip to aoe skill reset with high multis and with skill nulli is pretty damn insane combo for one s3. I know it may be less valuable now in the counter meta but in any other meta really it is as strong as they come. Especially when its a high dmg s3 with a follow up aoe on extra turn that will put aoe hit down....

I guess it is older strong but it feels to me that this buff may be one of those buffs prior to a new hero they have planned that will destroy the meta that it doesnt work against to make it as insane as it is to me.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Ya her s3 is really strong, but everything counters now as you said. Her best use case scenario is probably a 270 speed build with damage to counter heaven cleave with ml kekwik and friends. However, given her base attack is so bad it's going to be difficult to give her significant damage at that speed.

• Options
    Adding speed scaling to her damage would go along way towards making her viable with that build.

Spent 20 million gold crafting last night finally and only got maybe 1 GS60-ish piece. I may need to take a break, it's starting to wear on me trying to get gear equal to where I'm at. I've been trying to gear Straze since he was released, and maybe have 2 pieces for him so far.

• Options
    Yeah I am happy I didnt try to overplay where I am comfortable with. The rewards for doing so are just not really that worth it and I have more fun messing with comps and such that way.

Gachas have burn out pretty much across the board. They all have some manner of grind. This games is one of the easiest in the pvp gacha world still.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Whole bunch of updates.

Big update in Jan coming.

They are going through animations and normalizing them all. Should be a stark change in the earlier lower rez ones.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19XshgYUo2Y

Kazran finally coming.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bgJrgWdhWY

Laika
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHYDO-MiKE4

Some new guild work together content
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sePsNX4dXbw

For tomorrow.
    Kanna Skin in an epic pass. Hero Buffs tomorrow. Guardian buffs. Login event. New 4* free arti. New winter event etc.

https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/8065537

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Santa Kanna is super adorable, but I wish they changed her bombs into presents.

• Options
    Probably going to skip the skin. I don't really use Kanna. Looking forward to Laika, her model/animations are great.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I might have lapsed and started to play again, any room in the guild?

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Hell yeah I kicked you to the curb! Slacker!

... Invite sent

Edit: ping me in here when you get your defense team set up and I'll add you for guild war tomorrow.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Defense setup

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Peira, 5* ice thief. Feels a lot like an update to Cerise.

https://youtu.be/gYeF9kIEcOU

ML Lina Inverse Lion Heart Ceramic. Dilibet crying in the corner. S3 continues to be awesome.

https://youtu.be/l3dEDvdMGnc

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    Peira is pretty broken. The power creep is real. 75% Stun on S1 (100% with SB); S2 strips, Restrict/Unbuffable, and grants another turn; then S3 is a team attack buff, skill based Aurius, Stealth, and Barrier. Oh she has base 128 speed.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    I mean cerise gets elemental advantage, ran does with a burn, peira doesnt. So I dont think she is overtly op she has a very strong set I agree but there are meta heroes that will probably disrupt her hard.

ML Cermia.... man ive been waiting forever for her and a bruiser cermia who is a noble and just queen.... my wallet!

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/8146178

Patch notes.

Kazran. Cerise rerun. New EEs (all of which look ok to me not great but usable). Open reqruitment for expeditions. Nerf to light expedition. other misc stuff.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    So I thought I'd give this one a try since work has been slower than usual; need something new to fill the time.
    Is there a PA guild I can join? My nickname is SerBolth. Probably go through sometime this afternoon and add people from the OP as friends too, I guess.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    So I thought I'd give this one a try since work has been slower than usual; need something new to fill the time.
    Is there a PA guild I can join? My nickname is SerBolth. Probably go through sometime this afternoon and add people from the OP as friends too, I guess.

If you just want to do the story, really any starter group of units can work. But if you think you might play for a decent time, it might be worth trying to get Sigret from your starter rolls. She's really great for farming Wyvern to get gear.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »

In your profile, if you put PA in there we'll have an easier time recognizing you.

We do have a guild that's just a few of us and a bunch of others. I think the requirement is account level 35, but I might be able to force you in anyway? I'll check later when I get on.

And as above, Sigret is great when you do your selective summon, but don't sweat it too hard. There are some 3* units that can clear Wyvern as well. The bigger, more important thing is to choose a character you like.

Story about that:
    When I started, Vildred was the one to get. I summoned until I got him and Angelica. But I hate Vildred as a character (story-wise), and he just sits in storage now. As I was doing my summons I saw Aramintha and loved everything about her, but I skipped her for the meta. Long story short, it was a year and a half until her banner showed up again and I finally got her. I was mad until then.

Pick your favorite.

• Options
    I put PA and Penny Arcade on my little greeting message. Up to like rank 21 or something so slowly making my way to that 35.

Did end up getting Sigret. Is Cerise worth trying for since she's limited? I figure since its a fresh account, I imagine there's a least 120 pulls in there if I blitz the story to hit pity right?

• Options
    It's ultimately up to you. Cerise is still very usable. But they rerun limited units in this game pretty often. This is not her first rerun. Piers is looking to be very useful too.

• Options
    Well that was pretty easy; got Cerise on my 3rd multi. I'm assuming like most gachas, chasing dupes is a bad idea? Or do you need dupes in this game for a unit to be worth it?
    Also, what do I do with these 3*/4* units? Are they just level-up and promotion fodder? Quickly hitting my unit cap and out of Phantasma things to awaken to eat units.

• Options
    You don't need to chase dupes. They give the unit a bonus which is sometimes helpful, but thar be whale territory.

The 3-4* units you should keep. Mush dupes together as you get them and use them to promote each other. So when you have four of Montmorancy, for instance, level one to 30 and use the other three to promote her to 4*. A lot of those 3-4* units are very good, with a few being top tier, especially once you get into the Specialty Change stuff later. A few to keep an eye out for:

3*: Montmorancy*, Kluri*, Wanda*, Carrot*, Lorina*, Helen, Doris*, Lena, Taranor Guard(not royal guard), Phyllis*, Alexa

4: Angelica, Karin, Furious, Clarissa

The ones with a * have specialty changes that really buff the hell out of them. There are also a bunch of 4* Moonlight units that are really damn good, but those are quite a ways down the road. And don't ignore Ras. Most gachas have a garbage main character, but he also gets a spec change that makes him damn good.

Mostly just have fun for now and play what you enjoy. If you haven't worked on the Adventurer's Path and gotten Free Spirit Tieria already, do that. She's a 4* and fully upgraded when you get her, so she'll carry you through a good chunk of the first episode and the episode 1 epilogue.

Also I just added you as a friend so add me or I'll be sad.

• Options
    This gacha is about comp and gear. Since over a span of time you should have all the units you will ever need the issue will be gear. This is a great fault for some but overall I find to be one of the best aspects of this gacha when playing others.

Most other gachas layer so many systems you have to grind and it can just be daunting. For this one everything comes down to the rng rolls on gear. And one of the nice aspects of the process is once you start rolling on 85s and to some extend 75-78s, the ones that roll good those gear will remain relevant for the entirety of your stay here. Other games will tier/layer this aspect of the gacha but that is it here. Roll gear.

There are other aspects to grind out. Save your molas for example. Dont use any really until you probably finish second story/start grind up in pvp to gold+. For ML5 selector they are good in their own way. Arby is still very good and most likely still the pick. But even people like Dark Covrus can make aspects of the game easier. With D.Corvus you just put 3 healers with him and very slowly kill the entire other team. It is very slow but still works really. So when you get there. Watch vods of them all and pick you like. I still do not have ruele and I kind of wish I had taken her. She is just so useful in pvp aspects of the game.

Other minor hints. Stay up on the new player events (adventure path) the best you can. There is good preroll gear there. Keep up on running labs as they have good pre roll gear in them near the end. And as shadow said just have fun. Gachas are about setting goals for what you want to do in them. And a lot of that revolves around what you spend. This game like all gachas will limit what you can do if you dont spend money but you can still have a very fun time here if you just dont try to play above your means.

• Options
    Oh, also, even the 3*s you're not going to keep, you should mush them together until you eventually get them to SSS. There are achievements for getting units to SSS, and each achievement gets you more bookmarks.

• Options
    I still do not have ruele and I kind of wish I had taken her. She is just so useful in pvp aspects of the game.

I thought about finally dusting her off since revives are so useful, but with Maid Chloe and especially now MLCeline, I just don't need her.

MLCeline is so good, y'all.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I thought ML Celine looked pretty underwhelming, but she is a beast. The hidden 100% procrate on dust devil passive is incredibly annoying!