As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I think the worry is that Luna still has a shitty S1 that makes the rest of her kit super unreliable. The other EE that adds ATK Down would be kinda nice for running her in Wyvern again, but then you may not get another shot to use her S3 because she keeps doing her single hit garbage.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I have 10 mystic summons for tomorrow morning; good luck to anyone in a similar situation!

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    "Ok, the event has 20 more hours so I should be fine tomorrow to get the last four that I need...." MAINTENANCE. EVENT IS ENDED. m'fer.

Roana in 5, didn't need her, just wanted to take a few swings at Touch of ...Get Wrecked no artifact for you, but here's a couple Silks for your ML Silk.

• Options
    Are you kidding me; I got two B&S in ten pulls! Either of those could have been TM Lulucas, lol.

• Options
    I got one as well. Which makes #3 of B&S. Not even enough for coins.

Get out of here, B&S!

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Got the three EEs I wanted for Luna and Celine in 4 tries. The Luna one bein 13%. And I got ML Lulu in 4 pulls. Everything is coming up Millhouse

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I did 10 or so pulls but no dice. I'll just do my one or 2 pulls a day thing to see what happens. While she'll be great as an Arby killer, I technically have Lilibet and Sigret that can handle that.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Yeah I pulled on her because i had mystics. I dont think I have the gear for her tbh. I wanted lidica more.

• Options
    I pulled a 7th EE for Sigret but of course it wasn't S3. So finally I have an S3, after liquidating all seven copies of the S1/S2s, lol. At least it's a 14% S3.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Got a copy of Draco Plate in a little under thirty pulls so I'm probably done with Luna banner now since I don't actually need her and that EE is not gonna really fix her flaws. Diene is predicted for December so I should save for her anyway.

Picked up my ten Galaxy Coins and peeked in the shop. Lot of useless stuff I'll never buy and current rotation has Ruele for purchase at 40 coins

• Options
    I totally missed that the rank cap was going up in this patch. Got caught off guard seeing my rank increase to 66.

• Options
    Conclave rep also got extended to 14, so maximum energy increases. Dagger Sicar will unlock in November, very curious what will be attached to that.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Got a copy of Draco Plate in a little under thirty pulls so I'm probably done with Luna banner now since I don't actually need her and that EE is not gonna really fix her flaws. Diene is predicted for December so I should save for her anyway.

Picked up my ten Galaxy Coins and peeked in the shop. Lot of useless stuff I'll never buy and current rotation has Ruele for purchase at 40 coins

Dupe ML 5*'s are going to be so rare for me, I'm just holding on to them. The gear thing is interesting, but sadly getting gear with good sub stats isn't always my issue, it's them rolling those sub stats for crap. Now if the gear had 2-4 guaranteed max sub stats or something, then I'd have to think about using my coins.

• Options
    They are slowly adding in modified summoners war functionality. So they could add in, eventually, a farming area for what SW does with rune reforging. You can change subs and give them one boost.

• Options
    The grind for Doris' SC is real.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Yeah, almost done with brooms from a dead day at work. But the stigma will be real annoying.

• Options
    Picked up two more sets of Bookmarks from the epic pass, rolled for more Draco Plate, and Luna pops out. Excellent, I can now save for Diene and be caught up on Limited units. Who knows, maybe they'll rework Luna.

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    They are slowly adding in modified summoners war functionality. So they could add in, eventually, a farming area for what SW does with rune reforging. You can change subs and give them one boost.

I would be very against this change. It would radically raise the bar for gear quality and would also fundamentally change how gear drops are evaluated.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »

I would be very against this change. It would radically raise the bar for gear quality and would also fundamentally change how gear drops are evaluated.

Yeah it would but it would put in a whole different grind there. The system is quite interesting and it is not an insignificant grind. The replaced affixes only go on leveled up gear. Would be +15 essentially equiv in this game. The replaced affixes are also no rolled/base stats. Even if you replace an affix with roll on it it is replaced with an affix with no rolls. And then you can grind out the stones to increase the them by another roll.

The grind is not an easy one there either so you would have to pick and choose as they are rare drops and tiered by quality. The extra roll is also random as regular rolls. So you could get a sweet speed increasing extra roll of epic quality but have it roll 1. They are also separated by gear type so you could get a sweet epic speed roll for unity heh.

I would see it working in e7 and with the limitations of it, basically swapping flat rolls with base roll %s, it would allow evening out of the playfield for those that devoted the grind. The energy costs of doing the grind would be on par with farming w13s too for example as they are in SW. SG could even put it as only being able to be done on 90 gear too.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Yeah, almost done with brooms from a dead day at work. But the stigma will be real annoying.

I did the stigma today because I was off and it was easy enough, just boring. The good news is that both of the grind objectives pretty well overlap with Pearlhorizon so I'm getting those done too.

• Options
    So, gear. Who _doesn't_ need lots of speed on everything? Because I have plenty of good pieces that have low or no speed on 'em but fantastic rolls elsewhere. I assume that's basically PvE gear... should I be looking at my roster exclusively in terms of PvE characters vs PvP ones? And saving all my high speed gear for them? But no, everyone needs pretty good speed for W11/W13.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Rius wrote: »
    So, gear. Who _doesn't_ need lots of speed on everything? Because I have plenty of good pieces that have low or no speed on 'em but fantastic rolls elsewhere. I assume that's basically PvE gear... should I be looking at my roster exclusively in terms of PvE characters vs PvP ones? And saving all my high speed gear for them? But no, everyone needs pretty good speed for W11/W13.

Lots of heroes do not need a lot of speed gear for pvp. I run SSB at base speed. LQC at 165 speed, blue krau at 180, etc.

Also, if you use gpurg for w13 your dps heroes don’t need a ton speed.

For higher levels of pvp what matters the most is the quality of your gear (that is rolls well and into the correct sub stats). It is very common for heroes to be very well built and have a piece or two with no speed or very low speed as it is made up for on other pieces.

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    Speed boots can help a lot. i90 Speed boots + Speed set can get units to a decent enough speed to start. As Mace mentioned, my Krau is similar and only has 1 piece with 6 speed on it, so he's around 173 with speed boots. Ideally I'd get him up to 190-200 with even better stats (since he's on ok gear right now). Outside of gear with really well rolled sub stats, good Speed Set/Speed boots with even decent sub stats are high on my i90 list.

Not getting into super high PvP, but generally your low speed units are cleavers that you push up with another unit. My J. Kise for example is at pretty low speed because she wants all the other stats and I use A. Lots to CR push her up. Someone like C. Dom or Vildred can get away with lower speed as well as Crits/kills can push them up for cleaving. Bait is another unit type that doesn't need much speed. So Angie with Idol against green enemies for example. G. Purg and F. Maya are other examples. Super tanky and are there to draw the AI to them.

That said though, pretty much every one else wants some level of speed, as turn cycling to get abilities back is the name of the game.

• Options
    Sometimes being fast can be a bad thing though. I greatly enjoy when units like Kluri keep running into Dark Corvus and filling his meter quickly

• Options
    In higher end pvp speed is really broken down into tiers, and how fast units need to be actually shifts with the meta.

Some units are explicitly built with no speed. SSB and ML Ken are examples of this. You want them as slow as possible so that they keep their starting immunity for as long as possible. You also want other slow units to go before them so that they loose immunity and your debuffs land.

Many thick bruisers need a lot of stats, and ideally would love to turn cycle quickly, but you only get so many rolls and therefore they only get build so fast. These units usually end up between 170-200 speed depending on how thickly or how offensively they are built. Examples are LQC, Ravi, S tene, etc.

Many heroes want to get their buffs up at the start of the battle, before the enemy can do damage. Examples are A ras and diene. These heroes are usually built 220-240.

On the other hand, units like arby and riolet want to do their damage before buffers go so they are built 230-250. There is a bit of an arms race here.

Some units want first turn, so they need to be built faster than all those previously mentioned. Examples include F Kluri and Top Model luluca. These heroes are usually built at least 250-260.

Cleavers want to be even faster, and need to be at 285+. Examples include a lots and faithless lidica.

Speed contesters need to be the fastest and are usually 290-300. Examples are Cerise, Fire lidica, and A cidd.

• Options
    300 speed I can't even fuckin' imagine it, lol

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Yeeeeah, those numbers are high. You won't see them for a loooooong time.

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    300 speed I can't even fuckin' imagine it, lol

That’s legend level pvp. For each bracket the numbers go down, but the general idea remains the same.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    The major problem you are going to run into Rius is going through the ranks that have decayed people with good gear on. They need to do something about that but it is a problem in most of these games. You can get very far with bruiser teams even against speed cleave teams. And there are more and more tools they are releasing to deal with the problematic meta. And there are methods people use that are off meta that work fine. Like Water Roman based control groups. He can be used to great effect with combos off of Leo. There is a legend rank ish youtuber I watch who uses green armin and fire charlotte to destroy people. There are only a few truly garbage heroes in this game. You can use mid range heroes to destroy meta heroes if they are sloppy or the like.

The big part is identifying the problems and building how you want to deal with it.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    If you havent watched or played with SC Doris yet. She is a poor mans ML Haste. While she may not provide the survivability than ML Haste does on revive what she provides against the dark heavy meta with heals and sustained heals lets you survive the same comps. One of the better SCs in a bit. She can heal up anyone with her s3 to full pretty much and only 3 turn cd. And with something like waters origin gets turns and added survivability.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Ah, a Haste and Melissa side story. Perfect time to buff--

*checks notes*

...Cerise?

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

*checks notes*

...Cerise?

Melissa got buffed last cycle, so she doesn't need anything IMO.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

*checks notes*

...Cerise?

There's another name in there before hers but I guess he's as invisible to you as he is to SG.

• Options
    Yeah the meme. Haste could use a buff. But they are buffing other units. One they said they would in Landy. They said ml baal too I think. Cerise is a strange pick as she is already strong but she is limited so it just went with the theme I guess. Might as well buff up the other limited before she is out again on banner.

Overall the buffs are great. Depending on multiplier buff landy could be ok-good to crazy. ML Baal will be interesting. It will all depend on how well the damage pen helps the cannot crit and multiplier buff on 3.

Bastion is dirty now. And Maya is usable. Aoe to LQC if she hits dark unit. Dogs and cats living together!

I like the buffs.

https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/6295764

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

*checks notes*

...Cerise?

There's another name in there before hers but I guess he's as invisible to you as he is to SG.

Who?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    If they were going to buff a bad limited then, I mean, Luna's banner is RIGHT THERE.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Cerise isnt bad though if you pvp. She is used in the highest levels. Buffing her is pretty nuts but ill take it because I have her. Edit. And they just need to do so little to luna. Like upping the base hits from 1 to 2 and the max up one more as well for her 1.
    Lowering the cd on the s3 a 1 or 2 too. That would make her really usable because she does the dmg just multihit rng heh.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    I don't mean Cerise is a bad limited, she's plenty good already just very gear hungry, but this buff takes her from plenty good to "I'm SSB 2.0 now"

Meanwhile yeah Luna needs something and just isn't getting it. Even her EE ain't helping.

• Options
    Yeah I am waiting on that until the new sets come out and we see how good injury is for bruisers cause you can make her into one hell of a bruiser. And the EE with CR on it could make it crazy good for injury.

• Options
    Well Luna gets EE for this banner, then in 6 months when they buff her, they can run her banner again. Gotta make that money haha.

Overall I really like the buffs. I can't wait to see how ML Baal does as I love his character model, and would love another Krau like option for dealing with heavy evade units. Landy seems great now but Cerise is just over the top. I kind of hope they remove the elemental advantage buff, the others are good enough. Leaving that out, would allow for Earth counters via miss at least.

The Arti's also got some great buffs. Guiding light is going to be a PITA for high level PvP now. Since FLidica or Cerise can use it to avoid A. Cidd and A. Coli counters. Bastion of Perlutia isn't super great right now, but once the new sets are out, I could see it having really good value to allow your DPS to use Def Pen set vs Immunity. Silver Rain seems to be designed specifically for SC Roozid,