As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    Very good, man. What was your team, if I may be curious? I was using Tifa’s Sync myself, but my clears did ultimately boil down to throwing her OSB a lot in that final phase.

Soitanly. At this point it looks like a Whale clear.

Tifa Earth IF/LS (SASB, AASB) +DMG (LM2, LMR (+ATK/hit dealt))
    Galuf Heavy Earth Imperil (CSB, BSB2) DMT (LMRs (Initial EnEarth, QC 3))
    Elarra Curada/6* Dance (G+, USB1, USB2, AASB) Lionheart (LM1, 2)
    Tyro Wrath/Entrust (Wall, USB4) MM (LM2, LMR (IC2))
    Gladio Gaia Force/LS (USB, AASB) +40% KNT (LMRs (w-cast, +ATK/hit received)
    Fabula Mage/Titan (+Earth)
    Hecatoncheir (-Lit, +HP), Madeen x3 (MND/Healing, both Wards, ATK/HP)

For a while all I did was grind Magia on this team, so some of the numbers are unreasonable.
    Tifa and Gladio have 100 in ATK/HP, Elarra has 100 in MND/HP. Galuf and Tyro have 100 in HP.
    Max Crystal Waters in relevant stats on everyone. I spent a good deal of 6* motes on Elarra for HP and +Healing, as well.
    Earth Artifacts on Tifa and Gladio. MND Artifacts on Galuf and Elarra. Rem Daggers on Tyro (so his MND is just low enough to prolong Paralyze to skip Earth Diffuse in phase 2).

VERY broadly:
    Tifa LS a few times, SASB, C1 until Tyro Entrusts her (hope to proc QC), AASB, C1 spam. When everything runs out, USB, Ironfist spam.
    Galuf does Grand Charge x2, Imperil, Chain, BSB, then does Heavy things. He's usually free to call Titan/Mage. Later on refresh Chain before it falls off.
    Elarra does G+, Curada self, USB1, Curada Stormlance victim, Dance, USB2, heal or dance as needed, USB1 to speed up SBs, heal or dance as needed, AASB in phase 2 (though with Tifa's SASB Guts doesn't trigger anymore), heal or dance, USB1 to speed up SBs in phase 3.
    Tyro goes Wrath, Wall, Wrath, USB4, W/E to Tifa, then W/E to Elarra for most of the fight. Gladio might need a W/E before phase 3 so he can EnEarth again. Calls Mage in phase 3.
    Gladio LS into USB, Gaia Force into AASB in phase 2, spam Gaia Force, USB after phase 3, spam Gaia Force. Orbital Edge chase usually killed the boss.

I actually think holding Gladio's AASB until phase 3 might be the ticket for a smoother experience, since he doesn't get much done in phase 2 it's so short.

E: The smoother experience comes from not entrusting Tifa at all, just feed all meter to Elarra. Have Tifa SASB, C1 until she has meter to AASB, do that, then punch Ramuh in the face until the end. With extra SB, Elarra can USB1 aggressively to speed up SB casts more often.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    To the outside observer every six star clear looks like a whale clear. I don’t want to go near these things without a sync in the tank. They have so much HP and rage that reduces damage taken and rage when rage is broken.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I'd like to think Ramuh's nose is fully broken after taking a flying knee to the face from Tifa: 8 copies acquired.

E: It's actually amazing how I was able to make small mistakes on sequencing and timing and still recover, compared to before where mistiming anything meant stalling in phase 3 and not having enough gas to finish the boss off.

Also I think I neglected to mention it but I killed Leviathan with Titan shortly after fest with Ashe Glint + USB1 + AASB (off 100 mythril select).

So now I gotta look at Ifrit, which looks insanely technically demanding. Blargh.

E2: Yuffie BSB1, Tidus CSB, Edge BSB, Yuffie BSB2 is actually a decently elegant way to clear pillars, if you have the SB meter. I might be able to Lens the last few pieces I'm missing.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    After a few weeks of nothing but dailies and 5* auto-magicites, I finally took some time to do actual content.

D??? II Phrekyos down in 26.60s!
    Firion - Assault Sabre/Healing Smite, USB1
    Maria - Chain Stonega/Chain Stoneja, AASB
    Hilda - ACM/Enfeebling Jitterbug, USB
    Emperor - Shellga/Meltdown, USB
    Minwu - Hastega/Holyja, USB2
    RW: Chain

I actually had three AOSBs on Firion/Maria/Emperor, but Maria AASB and Minwu USB2 were pouring out so much damage that they never got enough meter to use it.

Time to tackle III and XI next!

• Options
    D??? III Ahriman down in 29.08s! Definitely could've been cleaner, but a sub-30's a sub-30.
    OK - Protectga/Voltech, CSB/G+
    Refia - Trinity Bombshell, USB1/AOSB
    Arc - Ultra Cure/Curaja, BUSB
    Luneth - Hurricane Bolt/Sky High, USB1/G+/AOSB
    Ingus - Shellga/Gaia Force, AASB/AOSB
    RW - Medica

I didn't predict my DPS correctly, leading me to use Luneth's USB1 a second time instead of saving the meter for his AOSB, so he never got the chance to use it as he got wasted by something before Arc could get another Last Stand out. Probably would've saved me a few seconds, as Refia and Ingus were able to close out the fight with theirs.

As for why I brought Protectga when Ahriman is all magical damage, it was strictly to power up Ingus's Gaia Force. Ingus was NOT capping Gaia Force with his AASB until at least 70+ on the chain and my first attempt failed as he wasn't doing great damage.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Been trying Ramuh a bit, it really is no joke. I have gotten to phase 3 now, but Bartz wasn't really lined up well and then died as well so my DPS dropped off. I don't think he had much more than 20% hp though, so I think it's possible at least? I'm running:

Tifa AASB/USB2/BSB2 Doublecast LMR
    Tyro USB3/USB4
    Elarra USB1/USB2/AASB
    Barts BSB3/USB1/AASB
    Machina CSB/USB Enearth LMR

I tried Ward USB/AASB as well instead of Bartz, but he didn't get me through phase 1 fast enough at all.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Huh. A 10-mythril apology. Alrighty, then.

Rollin' on IX: Vivi Arcane.

Well, I'll not say no to that. My Vivi stuff is quite old at this point (Glint and USB1), but he's still really good at burning stuff.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I think I'm wasting my luck on the Daily pulls... This is me complaining come fest time.

Daily hit: Rubicante's G+. First relic I get for him.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    10 Mythril because they misplaced a comma? Not bad.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I think I'm wasting my luck on the Daily pulls... This is me complaining come fest time.

I got my first 5* in a month. Still waiting on my second 6* since May of last year.

It was Ashe's unique.

You know, from when she was a holy black mage.

Pretty convinced at this point that the RNG on the daily draw is not so random.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

I got my first 5* in a month. Still waiting on my second 6* since May of last year.

It was Ashe's unique.

You know, from when she was a holy black mage.

Pretty convinced at this point that the RNG on the daily draw is not so random.

I think this is the game just saying hace a bunch of relics after chasing Squall's Sync. Still might as well enjoy the streak.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    PUSH BUTTON Instant cast medica
    Perdition hellfire
    Sap tick
    INSTANT HEALING

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Daily disco: ultimecia g+

Already done magic Titan, so whatever, but still good.

• Options
    Do you know how long I've been looking for this Marcus?

All your life?

All my life. Now we're going out to dinner. You're buying.

Yes I'm buying...

IcHsW0p.png

What exciting fun do I have to look forward to up against Shiva now?

I have Locke Chain G+ USB imperil and Krile Chain (BUSB) ooh and Elena Chain (nothing)
    Bartz AASB/USB1/USB2/BSB
    Terra AASB AOSB
    Edgar USB
    Seph AASB AOSB (3 hit boo) Unique
    Seifer AASB AOSB apparently also fire?
    Braska AASB and SSB
    Balthier AASB G, G+, 2 USBS and a BSB, 2 LMR. Apparently LOTR really likes this guy.
    Cor AASB no idea who this is or where this SB came from.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Shiva has two guaranteed diffuses, so you're not going to be using anybody who doesn't have multiple enFire stuff. Think you'll have a hard time with what you've got there. Maybe a clear with Locke/Balthier/Bartz and Elarra/Tyro, but it won't be easy.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Try to stagger your Awakenings so that you’ve got big damage on for most of the time after the chain goes out. For LM choices on Balthier, I’d go with Imperil Chance and dualcast.

Locke and Balthier are a lock, I think. Locke’s got your chain and Balthier has a lot of stuff. Third DPS, I would experiment with Bartz or Sephiroth. Bartz has a lot of power behind him, but his Ultras and stuff don’t give him an element, and Shiva diffuses you twice. Sephiroth may need a bit of extra help to get going, but he’s got his Unique to gain Enfire with half a bar if he needs to. Also, if you have Zanshin, he could sort of keep going with cap-breaking after he loses his Awakening mode. It's costly, but he could do Zanshin and then Nibelheim Nightmare, to get Enfire and cap-breaking active at the same time. ...but at that point, I think it'd be better to just spam his OSB (which you can get for lenses), and use Nibelheim Nightmare to maintain Enfire.

Definitely go with an Elarra/Tyro core for Tyro's crit-fixing. With two Awakenings on deck, that'll improve your damage a good deal. If you go physical, I'd suggest grabbing one of Locke's enfire things, since you've only got his Glint for that right now.

• Options
    Zanshin is dark physical attacks only. It won't break the cap for fire attacks.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Oh right, damn.

Yeah, better off keeping him infused with Nibelheim Nightmare and continuing to spam Samurai attacks and his OSB after his Awakening drops off, then.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Terra Awakening almost singlehandedly solves phase 2 (by killing all the walls), so you've got that going for you. I'd try Terra, Braska, Balthier, +1 fire mage, + healer (Elarra)

Pick up fire aura USB for Terra, and a fire aura for Braska if you don't have one

Edit: oh wait, I somehow read that you had Balthier chain. Uh, put a chain in instead of "misc fire mage". Probably Krile

Fry on
  • Options
    Fry wrote: Β»
    Terra Awakening almost singlehandedly solves phase 2 (by killing all the walls), so you've got that going for you. I'd try Terra, Braska, Balthier, +1 fire mage, + healer (Elarra)

Pick up fire aura USB for Terra, and a fire aura for Braska if you don't have one

Edit: oh wait, I somehow read that you had Balthier chain. Uh, put a chain in instead of "misc fire mage". Probably Krile

I'd say Elena is over Krile because you all but need a dedicated imperiler or she'll stack up bar-fires pretty hard.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Yeah, I had Balthier in the build for imperils, but if Elena stacks them quickly enough, sure

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Fry wrote: Β»
    Yeah, I had Balthier in the build for imperils, but if Elena stacks them quickly enough, sure

Her BSB in instant Imperil Fire 2, probably could Lens it to give her something to do between Chains.

In other news, had to Lens Tidus Glint and Edge BSB, but I was able to copy this (why create when you can imitate!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCnGF83kBmk

Took some time to get muscle memory, flow, and timing down, and I totally bungled phase 3 transition (Yuffie AoEd, which changed Edge and Tidus's targeting to the pillars. Tidus W-cast Shooter and took double Pain, which killed him. Fortunately I had Elarra AASB to pick him up), but I got there.

Edge does some serious work with his AASB. That was still technically tricky to execute, so farming 7 more copies will probably take some time.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    You could not pay me enough to farm another copy. Also some guy said it was kind of a waste of time to do two of each and it agrees with what I want to do and therefore passes my rigorous test.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I'll just add that my Shiva team had no imperiler but I did have Vincent Chain. I think Elena might be better than Krile Chain so you can free her to use her BUSB freely. Also Elena can Imperil with her instant SB. I'd say go Terra and pick up her USB. This is the clear I adapted (dropped Shelke for Tyro and Papalymo for Ace and his AASB+USB).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvLaZVS-XxU

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    You could not pay me enough to farm another copy. Also some guy said it was kind of a waste of time to do two of each and it agrees with what I want to do and therefore passes my rigorous test.

Also I kinda agree. I might do another run across the magicite circle if I run out of meaning content to do, which might not happen because Cardia feels REALLY close.

• Options
    Elena’s also one of those mages who’s also a Machinist, so she can carry Burnt Offering to build meter, chain count, and inperils.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I think the only thing about running either Krile or Elena Chain is that you're gonna need a Boostga. Maybe try OK? I've seen some shenanigans where if he's using his Glint he can actually break cap without EnFire on Current Magicite 6*. It's BONKERS. If not well I would recommend my pal Mog. He's THE BEST.

edit: technically Terra won't need a Boostga because with her Record Board + Lunar Ifrit she should break cap easily. The problem is you have her overlapping with Braska and Valigarmanda just isn't as good.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Could always run Mage’s Hymn on Elarra.

And/or carry Fabula Raider if you’re bringing Tyro.

Enlong on
  • Options
    The cool thing about Mog is that his USB also has baked in Quickcast. And his LMR lets him proc a Heal on Dance over Passionate Salsa. What I'm saying is that he's pretty cool even without his AASB. I recall also using Edward for his Boostga USB (Magic+Mind).

• Options
    Well, hot damn. Rolled on ice with a ticket, and it turned out basically as well as I could've dared to hope.
    Squall's Sync! And Edea's USB2 on top of that.

Squall appears to be built specifically to deal with Valefor, since he's got an AOE and a single-target attack that otherwise do the same thing. Meaning I can equip Snowspell Strike or the new 5-hit Ice spellblade to one slot, and his Hidden Ability or Frost Strike to the other.

Edea isn't someone to forget either; gives her Enice and makes her ice spells reduce the action delay of everyone in her row; meaning that not only do mages get a benefit, but healers and Machinists, too. I can't wait to try her out on Typhon and realize I've fucked up my timing for that fight once again, lol.

• Options
    Fire ticket got me terra usb1
    VI draw got me terra aosb wind and kefka aosb.

So no progress there. Maybe in two weeks.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Wasn't Fry suggesting you pick up Terra's USB1 with lenses for a magic team? If nothing else, it's a nice way to extend her usability after her Awakening drops.

• Options
    Oh certainly it could have been worse but I don’t feel a thrill to drop anything available in the lens shop anymore.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Fair enough; it's definitely less exciting to get something that you know you could have got at any point. Saving 1000 rank 3 lenses isn't quite the same as saving [X] mythril.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    3/11ice draw, all discoes

Lulu chase USB
    Dupe Rinoa bubsy
    Dr. Mog AOSB

• Options
    OSB and LMR.

Whoop de doo

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Tried to do Ifrit during a quiet spell at work.

Nothing doing. This demands 100% attention and total silence to raise concentration. Multiple pauses to plan out each character's next turn.

Also, saw Perdition Hellfire in phase 3, queued up an instant heal, and somehow Ifrit could Koan before my heal resolved? Nonsense!

• Options
    THe issue is Perdition Hellfire is usually triggered by him dropping to a certain health value, which acts as an immediate action that doesn't interact with his ATB. Meaning it's possible for it to be triggered just before he does a normal action.

• Options
    Did the rest of my 15-mythril realm draws:

V 5/11 - Dorgann BSB (dupe), Bartz USB2 (dupe), Bartz AASB2 (dupe), Bartz USB(3? party wind QC), Gilgamesh USB2
    IX 5/11 - Freya BSB (dupe), Vivi OSB (dupe), Beatrix USB1 (dupe), Beatrix BSB2, Vivi AOSB2
    XIII 3/11 - Lightning BUSB, Vanille G+, Noel AASB1

Not super exciting, but pretty useful nonetheless. Somehow managed to not get any dupes on XIII. Bartz's wind party QC USB is pretty good and makes my wind team a lot harder to figure out. Vivi AOSB2 goes nicely with his AASB2. Noel AASB1 has a really nice set of buffs and I've got both of his USBs to refresh en-ice or imperil as needed, but he's rather hard to gear up for max damage as I'd need an ice bow artifact.

Ticket was for my bi-monthly dose of Wedge USB:
    Core 1/11 - Elarra G+!

Holy crap, I actually got something I wanted instead of a Wedge/Biggs dupe!

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Ticket on the water draw, Lulu AASB. If Elarra can solo heal Ice weak Odin for me, Lulu could add even more damage alongside Rinoa (Sync and AASB), and Edea (Chain, and AASB). Although damage pushing to rage 3 at bad times is probably my biggest issue. A third cap breaker keeping rage under control could help. It's worth a try at least.