As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Also, saw Perdition Hellfire in phase 3, queued up an instant heal, and somehow Ifrit could Koan before my heal resolved? Nonsense!

Yes this is what I have been complaining about for months. This ended 50+ runs for me. Sap ticks also get to cut ahead of your instant cast in case you rely on last stand. It’s infuriating.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Wasn't Fry suggesting you pick up Terra's USB1 with lenses for a magic team? If nothing else, it's a nice way to extend her usability after her Awakening drops.

I did too. AASB (which is Trance) + USB1 + Elarra is basically Instacast for Terra.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Wtf. Did the dark pull and got... Aranea's GSB+?! This one gives Empowered Lightning Infusion. Who's curating these draws?!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Er, I guess it also includes Dark element in the attack before giving her Enlightning? That's fairly silly, though.

• Options
    I suppose too many hits on the Daily Draw. I needed something to bring me back down. Ahh I wish I had some decent stuff on Aranea tho. Well. GSB and AOSB are nice I guess.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Just an aranea lmr off xv for me, it's pretty good actually (doublecast dragoon!) but I have nothing else for her.

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Attempting Valefor has been an odd experience so far, although I've only tried 3-4 times to figure out timing stuff. I buckled down and full dived Squall and picked up his HA just because I updated my crystal needs spreadsheet and had like 300 excess of everything but Lit crystals. Noel seems to have a limitless amount of gauge to burn. I thought it would be best for Squall to start with his sync to jump straight to 3 enIce, his glint to keep it up, and then use his AASB to end things, but even with his HA and C2, I'm having trouble taking down more than 3 big tornadoes in phase 2 without some multi-cast luck, which is... good enough, but I expected better. So maybe I should glint/AASB to start (or glint/USB/AASB), to get the finisher. It's probably because I'm reserving Noel's AASB for phase 3, and Laguna's relatively gimpy just in general (but also has a ton of meter I'm definitely not using optimally). Sometimes I can beat out the slowga in phase 2 though, sometimes not, which has a major effect on Tyro and Elarra's meter availability. It seems like I'll need to either delay Tyro's AASB/USB4 a little longer, or make peace with using it twice because the tornadoes in phase 2 delay things enough that it's looking more like a 50-55 second fight rather than the 40-45 second fight that lines up better with my stuff.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but this Siegfried fight in the Record Dungeons just isn't accurate. He can survive more than 1 hit? What nonsense is that?

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    And Ramuh goes down! Finally back up to speed with current content with this clear.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    tfEDzIu.png

There we go. Going glint -> USB2 -> AASB was indeed better for Squall... or maybe I just had better RNG double cast luck. Fully cleared out all four big tornadoes in the first two rounds of phase 2 at any rate. To get an idea of how poorly executed the run was though, Noel took one turn after using his AASB and got the finishing blow before the second cast came in. Laguna, meanwhile, was in the middle of casting his AOSB. And I had just refreshed the chain for the third time like 2 seconds prior, so could have definitely finished it in two chains. There was a ridiculous amount of damage left on the table, and/or could have absolutely been done without Noel's AASB entirely. Also didn't refresh wall, and those tornadoes fucking hurt without it up.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Yo, Leviathan showing up during Ifrit phase 3 to kill a pillar and cause it to AoE Painflare is some hot fucking bullshit.

Cannot reproduce my Ifrit kill. Going back to my original kill's Magicite deck without Ifrit, to see if it makes a difference.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I summon Magicite in Phase 1 as last pillars are in queue to die. He goes away before phase 2 pillars come under attack. In my last two kills I just had Aerith summon Lunar Leviathan and then Yuffie blow them up with her BSB. In Phase 3 I don't summon him until pillars are dead. Yuffie gets to sac herself twice!

But also yes and everything about the fight is terrible.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Wait did they release 2 mist dragon fights?

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Wait did they release 2 mist dragon fights?

One is from the previous IV event. The other is from the dark event.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So they just threw the 4 different Holy Magicites at us. Lazy!

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    What a thoroughly weird event. Good loot, though. A realish chain. The abilities come pre honed. Enough lenses for a USB select. Enough ninja motes to get an entire character up to the damage bonus, or six characters using 6* ninja abilities.

Banner is pretty decent, if you want a gen 2 chain, though Garland is pretty legit since he has a discounted imperil SB to use.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    What a thoroughly weird event. Good loot, though. A realish chain. The abilities come pre honed. Enough lenses for a USB select. Enough ninja motes to get an entire character up to the damage bonus, or six characters using 6* ninja abilities.

Banner is pretty decent, if you want a gen 2 chain, though Garland is pretty legit since he has a discounted imperil SB to use.

My sixth fucking copy of that stupid fucking axe!

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    We're only 30 ninja motes shy of full diving every ninja, so no reason to be stingy. You can literally dive everyone but core.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Oh wow. Yeah, this event actually gives out Garland’s real-ass Chain, which makes it 22 hits better than the free Vayne chain we got.

He’s also a Heavy user, so he’s particularly good as a chain holder for Magicite.

Enlong on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    So they just threw the 4 different Holy Magicites at us. Lazy!

*looks at holy magicite team autoing everything*

Efficient!

• Options
    Don’t run anything except the hardest there is no first time or mastery bonus and you get a ton even if you die.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Ugh. I forgot how Siren was a RNG nightmare. Stupid AoE silence. I probably should run like an Elarra RW or something.

• Options
    cf612ls1vl151.png

Not mine. I don't think I've ever seen a PICTURE of a 9 out of 11 before.

• Options
    I had an 11/11 so...

Anyways you probably want an auto team for the hardest dungeon even if it can’t clear it because you need to run it a ton to get the good stuff. And there is good stuff gen 1 chain six star notes etc.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Mm yes. Tornado for 9999. Per hit. That’s fair and fun.

• Options

Are you doing Valefor? You need to refresh wall, or you're gonna have a bad time.

Also, put someone expendable in slot 2. With the major resist wind. And possibly have them Defend when it's coming.

• Options
    I was thinking this event would be shitty if you were still clearing magicite 5*. Then I realized oh... This is how 5*s would feel if you could use RW.

• Options

Are you doing Valefor? You need to refresh wall, or you're gonna have a bad time.

Also, put someone expendable in slot 2. With the major resist wind. And possibly have them Defend when it's coming.

Yes, Valefor.

I should honestly just carry Tyro’s USB3. I was using his USB1 for refreshing Haste during the add phase, but USB3 would kill two birds with one stone.

I’ll put Elarra in slot 2 with major resist.

• Options

Yes, Valefor.

I should honestly just carry Tyro’s USB3. I was using his USB1 for refreshing Haste during the add phase, but USB3 would kill two birds with one stone.

I’ll put Elarra in slot 2 with major resist.

FWIW, I put Tyro in slot 2 and Elarra in slot 4. I could still win if Tyro died to that, but if Elarra died that's probably game over.

On the other hand, I did the record board for Elarra but not Tyro, so she's a bit tankier for me.

• Options
    OK, made it to phase 3 on Valefor. I might've done better if I hadn't fouled up my timing on USB3 and was required to use Elarra's Awakening early for Haste. If I can use her Awakening in response to Slowga, I'll have more damage on board, and a way to respond to his Mighty Guard/immediately also attack combo in phase 3.

• Options
    When is the next decent fire banner anyways?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited May 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    When is the next decent fire banner anyways?

Next fest has a fire focused banner with Ignis, Terra, and Genesis. Also, some random water for some reason.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/egw536/new_year_party_2020_jp_banner_info_fest/

FFV shortly thereafter is also a decent fire banner.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/epkzfj/bonds_of_friendship_jp_megathread_v/

Krile's fire Ultra also gives stacking switch/draw, so it's good for Shiva.

Type-0 has one right after that too which is mostly fire.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/esuknr/the_gamblers_message_jp_megathread_t0/

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    not sure. Been a while since I checked upcoming events.

Lemme do that real quick, actually.

There's an FFV event coming up that has Awakenings for Gilgamesh and Krile, alongside Dark stuff for Exdeath and Earth stuff for Galuf. Krile's got an interesing Glint+ coming that does a Fire Overflow attack + Switch Draw (Fire/Earth).

Banner 2 of an upcoming FFIX event has Awakenings for Steiner and Amarant. Amarant gets Enfire straight away, whereas Steiner gets Switch Draw mode (Fire/Ice).

summer festival's second banner has Fire and Water tools. Terra gets a Fire/Wind Limit Break, Ignis gets a Sync and Awakening, and it should have the Awakening for Genesis. Not the most exciting list of characters, but it's more Fire tools than those other banners mentioned. The banner is also set to have Water tools for Noel and Paine, so it's not purely Fire. Banner 5 has Noctis's Sync, but it's kind of all-or-nothing there, since he's not great for Shiva without it, and the banner is multi-element, containing Dark (Cloud), Water (Lunafreya), and Lightning (Lightning).

A few weeks after the summer festival, there's another FFV event, focused on Faris. She, Krile, and Gilgamesh have their Awakenings on that one, and Faris gets a Fire/Wind Limit Break.

After that is a Type-0 event, with Awakenings for Ace, Trey, and Jack which all can give Enfire.

• Options
    Discount dark draw: 1/11 dupe Garland LMR.

Whomp whomp

• Options
    Decided to do holy, too, to be done with elements.

Ramza awakening/11

Nice!

• Options
    I'm glad Ramza is super good in DFFOO right now (and will be super gooderer again in 10 months). It's been years since I've used him in FFRK. :X

• Options
    I'm glad Ramza is super good in DFFOO right now (and will be super gooderer again in 10 months). It's been years since I've used him in FFRK. :X

I remember that he was ridiculously broken in FFBE... in Japan. He was actually a complete garbage unit on release, but people chased and hyped him because he had a super powerful skill on what is essentially his record board, ie something he didn't naturally come with but was unlocked later. Except for global, they kept pushing that for him back further, and further, and further, and further, until the approximately 8 months where he was the undisputed king of support units went past and the out of control power creep had obsoleted him. Only then did he get his update.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    What is limit overflow? Aosb with one extra hit? Doesn’t seem very impressive to be honest.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    What is limit overflow? Aosb with one extra hit? Doesn’t seem very impressive to be honest.

it doesn't use your SB meter, so it's pure power creep

• Options
    It’s a 4-hit Oversrrike that runs off of a meter that builds up over time during a fight. That meter is separate from your soul break bar; anyone with a Limit Break can expend the party’s bar to use it.