As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Sounds better than an aosb but I’d still rather have another sync on a banner

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So if you have Garland's Chain, do you buy a copy to make a rainbow shard?

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    May as well. It's just like 1-2 more stamina.

I spent twenty times that to clean out the previous stores of 3* motes.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    wth guys, did you all forget Squall's Fire AASB? TBH, he has a decent Fire Kit (that I have lol) between AOSB, USB3, BUSB, Glint and AASB. Even his HA is kinda useful for Shiva. The only crappy thing is that his USB3 is a crit fix 50% so it doesn't play exactly well with Tyro's USB4.

also, imho, Limit Breaks suck but Limit Glints sound SUPER awesome.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    btw, I'm super happy because I finally got Garland's Chain. Does this mean we eventually get Ingus' Chain too????? I would kill for a real Earth Chain.

In other tidings, during my birthday I was thinking about the state of the game. And on one hand, I think I like the current meta? Unlike 5* where two AASBs ruled over all, I like that they found a way to make various SBs (Uniques, SSBs, BSBs and USBs) relevant. On the other hand, I still think peak FFRK must've been Odin. One and done. No need to do this stupid farming shenanigans. Doing a tough puzzle once is fine (Nightmare and Odin) but doing it 4-8 times seems overkill.

Also...the upcoming focus back on realms instead of elements makes planning on banners feel so weird. I wonder with the upcoming fest Magicite help pulls how bad will RNG screw some people.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Unfortunately, after dark and holy, the fat choco 2.0 events go on about a three month hiatus. They do come back eventually, and Ingus's CSB is indeed the one they use for it.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/ftnptt/fat_black_chocobo_a_towering_forgery_jp/

But we're not expecting it until like, September.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Oof that sucks.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Unfortunately, after dark and holy, the fat choco 2.0 events go on about a three month hiatus. They do come back eventually, and Ingus's CSB is indeed the one they use for it.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/ftnptt/fat_black_chocobo_a_towering_forgery_jp/

But we're not expecting it until like, September.

It's a shame...on one hand, this might be the best Choco event rewards wise. On the other hand, hoo boy did they go full recycle mode. Here's hoping next week's Livestream has some new info.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I've killed Valefor four times, and all but one of them have been unbelievably scuffed fights. And the last fight was the one where pretty much everything went right, and ended up being two seconds slower than my best run. I even had both Mages still in the pocket and an ungodly amount of meter on Laguna, in addition to taking it out in only two chains. I guess I spent longer on the setup time in phase 1 then? I did notice that its imperils were absurdly low, so Laguna wasn't sticking them well at all. I also had to use the Speed 5 trick on the phase change to deal with the de-haste efficiently, same as I did on the third run. I guess I also didn't fit in Elarra's USB2 on my best one either, but that was always coming late, and neither Squall nor Noel were having any trouble capping even without it.

My second run, I tried using Laguna's AOSB to one-shot a phase 2 tornado, and that worked pretty well, except that I wiped out all the phase 2 tornados, which messed up my expected meter a bit and Squall was late to get his Sync up, so his DPS dropped off in the middle.

I recorded the third kill, and it was looking like it was going almost as well as it could, except that I misused my Laguna meter somehow and didn't have what I needed to AOSB in phase 2, but Squall was multi-casting like a beast... until I got caught by complete surprise by Noel dying, but everything else was going so well and I was never casting his AASB early enough to actually use it anyway, so I kept going to a relatively easy finish with a Mage still in the pocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSBXu9t3bhU

I have a stacked Sephiroth and Seifer's CSB/AASB combo, so I'm feeling very ready for Alexander.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Looking through Alexander vids, and they're such an amusing hoot of random chaos compared to other 6* magicite. I think this one is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW7RhEJcX-w

It's a sub 30 with Dark Cecil as essentially sole DPS with his G+, USB, and AASB, although it does use his AOSB for the swag kill (would've done more damage with just another 3x Taboo Raid, tons more if his LMR kicked in). Two entrusters feeding meter to Relm spamming her USB (and her G+ for hastega), while Garland uses his CSB, imperil SB, and randomly tosses out his AOSB in the middle. Doesn't even use any way to reapply enDark to Garland, just relies on his LMR.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Chant is key here to boost his damage even more. Man, despite having Relm I think I'm just so used to Elarra everything that I forget how broken her speed trick really is.

• Options
    Relm's USB's bubble also keeps DCecil's USB's multi-casts going indefinitely.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Wow that's awesome. I thought Decil's bubble was unique. Man I love all these let's mix up this USB with this AASB kills and see what mayhem happens. Anyway thanks for the vid @ArcTangent.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I kinda miss the time when I used Relm for everything under the sun, and maybe I should still try, because her USB is objectively really nice.

It’s just... well, Elarra is fabulas, even just for having Bard and Dance on top of WHM.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Wow this event sucks. "Have fun doing the same boss 20 times."

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Should be ten days until RoP begins again, if it starts same day as it has the last couple years.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    good news i got a ticket for 1800 login days
    bad news is that it got me a bsb
    oh well, free's free

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Should be ten days until RoP begins again, if it starts same day as it has the last couple years.

Do bsb ever get dropped from them?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    IV discount dropped Tellah’s USB. It’s an odd one. ACM effect on the party, Enearth and Desperate Meteor Mode on Tellah. That mode gives him doublecast Black Magic, and does an Earth Overstrike when it ends. And that Overstrike attack kills Tellah.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »

Do bsb ever get dropped from them?

The dream of 1/3 BSB dupe is eternal.

Although they're pretty drowned out by LMRs and glints at this point, even in just the 5*s.

E:
    We should also be getting the first of the Magicite Support stuff around maintenance time too.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/e9rnm7/magicite_support_pick_up_jp_megathread_fest/

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Oh yeah. 35 tickets for 1 pulls with G1. meh?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I mean, I’ll fuckin’ take 35 free relics on “ok, beat the goddamned Magicite already” banners

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Enlong wrote: »
    I mean, I’ll fuckin’ take 35 free relics on “ok, beat the goddamned Magicite already” banners

G1, not G5, you are not guaranteed to get anything real

I notice I have literally all eight chains on that list, so I'm looking forward to salty 6*

But yeah, free is free, you should probably get at least a couple 5*+

Is kind of annoying to have to do three magicite per day for that whole month though

Edit: lol that update. 18,000 L3 lenses and 30,000 L2 lenses if you are caught up on 5* magicite

Fry on
  • Options
    The best part is that if you're struggling with Ramuh, the hardest magicite, here's a banner full of terrible earth relics. Rydia's two things are fine, but her AASB doesn't come with natural enEarth. Cinque and Galuf's awakenings are both crap, but Galuf's is especially double terrible crap. Enna Kros is good, but she's Beyond, so has zero use outside it.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I mean, she’s got no upcoming Torment, but being really good in 1 of 2 types of endgame content is pretty good.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Finally farmed my 8 Ifrit. I don't think any two clears were the same. Something always went wrong in phase 2 or 3, and it was a mad scramble to limp across the finish line in phase 3.

Now to farm some Belias, then look at Shiva.

Tentatively:
    Noct Sync/SSB
    Locke Sync/USB2/USB1/AOSB
    Elena CSB/BSB
    Elarra USB1/2/AASB/G+
    Tyro Wall/USB4

Might need something else more for Noctis, not sure.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I used Noct’s Awakening as well, but I didn’t have his record board ability.

And I didn’t have a second Sync, but I did have Balthier’s instant 99 chain.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Finally farmed my 8 Ifrit. I don't think any two clears were the same. Something always went wrong in phase 2 or 3, and it was a mad scramble to limp across the finish line in phase 3.

Tentatively:
    Noct Sync/SSB
    Elena CSB/BSB
    Elarra USB1/2/AASB/G+
    Tyro Wall/USB4

That's probably enough to burst through phase 2. I can't remember which 4* they gave away at level 99 for fire, but check it, you may not need to farm Beliases

• Options

Tentatively:
    Noct Sync/SSB
    Elena CSB/BSB
    Elarra USB1/2/AASB/G+
    Tyro Wall/USB4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh5LG1T6N1Y

Does have Noct's G+ and AOSB, but I'm also not convinced it's the best strategy to hit Noctis's sync as early as he did. Then again, not sure Locke can solo DPS phase 1 either.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    You have two syncs that better be enough. Relic requirements in this game are crazy.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Oh wow. I only just now cared to look at Emperor’s Second Awakening, and it’s pretty awesome.

Endark. Chase attack after every Dark ability. And it makes all Dark abilities cast instantly. Even for Awakenings that’s a really strong suite.

• Options
    Oh wow. I only just now cared to look at Emperor’s Second Awakening, and it’s pretty awesome.

Endark. Chase attack after every Dark ability. And it makes all Dark abilities cast instantly. Even for Awakenings that’s a really strong suite.

I think I noticed "no doublecast" which makes it kind of eh. Instant cast and chase every time helps a bit, but he's magic so you probably have Allegro making your turns pretty quick anyway.

• Options
    Oh, there's the catch. That makes more sense, even if it's a really silly restriction.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Oh, there's the catch. That makes more sense, even if it's a really silly restriction.

It's one of the reasons that I'm not super thrilled on say Cloud's AASB2. It's just instacast and +1 Heavy Charge. But his Dark USB does the second part already and adds a chase. I mean, I guess if you're not running USB1 and HQC from Aerith or Elarra it might be useful.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    edited June 2020

It's one of the reasons that I'm not super thrilled on say Cloud's AASB2. It's just instacast and +1 Heavy Charge. But his Dark USB does the second part already and adds a chase. I mean, I guess if you're not running USB1 and HQC from Aerith or Elarra it might be useful.

If you put those together, you get to drop finishers every turn; it's still pretty ridiculous

Fry on
  • Options
    Rather than Noct with just Sync, I could run Sabin with G+, USB and AASB. Might have a bit more gas in the tank that way.

• Options
    Rather than Noct with just Sync, I could run Sabin with G+, USB and AASB. Might have a bit more gas in the tank that way.

Be aware that Sabin has 100% Crit on his AASB as long as he has the mirror image buff

• Options
    edited June 2020

Can confirm that Sabin is a ridiculous ass kicker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNacORx6KgU

That matches my clears, except Elena for a stacked Balthier, which is admittedly a big step down, but you can probably spend a little more time in phase 1 to get more meter and setup to burst through the end on Locke/Sabin faster. Noct may still be faster though.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Think I’m skipping deathgaze. I still have nothing for him

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Deathgaze is only annoying for the slowga on turn 2. After that, incoming damage is so low and there's no other special mechanics to worry about that he practically auto's himself.

ztrEPtD.gif