As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    ok! Only Dark and Holy left. Damn Lightning was a lot tougher than I expected. Well, Gen 0.5 Chain troubles I suppose.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    II: Leon BUSB, which is a 6* +dark armor that's also not a dupe. I'll consider that a victory - my standards for winning have been lowered significantly this ROP. :P

Leon’s Bubsy seems interesting. It’s Crush type, but it’s also an Overstrike. Most Crushes even to go for multiple hits instead of an Overstrike.

Problem is it doesn’t give him Endark, and it does that Dark Knight thing of hurting him when he uses the brave attack. But it does give him boosted action speed basically forever, so that’s neat.

• Options
    I wouldnt discount it completely. If you don't have Seph, you need an OS...having one OS command would be handy.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Stormlance was totally free to use and nobody noticed. Funny.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    What?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    According to the apology message, Tyro's Stormlance Grimoire was temporarily bugged to cost no soul break meter.

Not that that was terribly impactful (pretty sure he can do better with Thundering Quadstrike), and few enough people even have that thing, but it's kinda funny.

• Options
    Lol just saw it. Wow, is it Friday already? Damn you COVID....days just fly by.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Damn, I almost could have had a moment of internet fame...I was considering equipping Stormlance Grimoire for my lightning team fight against Omega, but didn't bother. RIP

• Options
    Wind-weak Omega down, using the DPS from Titan. Nearly lost that one due to running out of resources. The jerk throws up like 3 kinds of damage mitigation right at the end.

• Options
    Ok only missing Holy. Man, are knights slow. Even using their AASBs as the chain started I just hit the half HP mark at 20ish secs. I'm gonna wait for the tickets before doing any more attempts. I figure giving Beatrix her USB chase is gonna help a lot. And maybe I'll get lucky and get an AASB on someone with a decent Holy USB....*looks at list*...maybe not. Let's see

Agrias: bleh. Divine Purge is just an Imperil.
    WoL: bleh, Overstrike when Ex Mode ends so that means wasting a turn on casting an USB over and over.
    Firion: Remove Delay which is nifty but I have to time this better.
    Orlandeau: Too bad his USB doesn't play nice with his AASB. At least he gets TGM?
    Ramza: I mean if I had another Chain Holder this would be fine I guess.
    Celes: Her kit isn't exactly great for Holy Stuff.
    Cecil: I'd need to pull on the current banner to get him up to speed and get a TON of hits.

Which Knight I'm missing? Well, Marche still doesn't have his Awakening but he'd be awesome.

• Options
    Agrias: she stacks imperils like whoa. Double cast from Awakening is two shots at her LM2 imperil triggering, plus another shot if her double cast LMR goes off.

Ramza: I love having an Awakening on my chain holder, for real fights I can usually find the meter for a non-chain SB or two, and having another person doing Real Damage at a key part of the fight is so helpful

WoL: I like the overstrike USBs, you can potentially get like 200k damage out of one SB cast, it's a great way to spend extra meter

• Options
    I did holy pretty uneventfully with:

Agrias AASB
    TGCid AASB
    Ramza CSB/SSB
    Elarra USB1/AASB
    Tyro AASB

Tyro in slot 1. Used Tyro's AASB early (7ish sec?) because I knew the Death was coming. Reserved Elarra's AASB for after the death to bring him back. RW raider, which is also what I used to re-haste after the dispel.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Ramza SSB being Chant, I assume, since Shout is redundant with his Chain.

Enlong on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Holy I managed to beat with my last 4 attacks being done by people who were blind and hitting for a pittence when they DID connect.

Landed my final hit while countdown was 1, doing a normal ability instead of OSB because I didn't think I had time to cast.

• Options
    Oh, right. I had Agrias and TGCid's OSBs, as well as Tyro's glint, half expecting to need to use them while blinded or to deal with that, but Omega died I think right before that happened.

And yeah, Ramza's SSB was chant. So much nicer than finding a way to fit in Elarra's USB2.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Also hooray I'm done with that stinking holy chocobo event.

There's a few things I can still get but eeeh

• Options
    Oh right the AASB I don't have and people keep telling me it's not worth 100 Mythril. After the fest pulls I'm grabbing it. It just seems way too useful.

• Options
    I brought Saint Cross out of retirement to help with holy-team Omega.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Fry wrote: »

It's what I did for Deathgaze. Blind sucks, but Saint Cross clears it.

Alternatively, OSB spam at the end of the fight. Depends on the team you're going with.

Enlong on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

It's what I did for Deathgaze. Blind sucks, but Saint Cross clears it.

Alternatively, OSB spam at the end of the fight. Depends on the team you're going with.

This is one of the few times where, forced to choose between Orlandeau's USB or his OSB, the OSB is the clear winner.

• Options
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    g'luck tonight/tomorrow all.

With the amount of karma I've built up from zero 6*s on the dailies for the last six months, and only one in the last twelve months, and this LotR being 100% crap so far, I'm either due, or going to be going 1/11 dupe Gabranth AASB.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Weird start.

Dupe Master BSB
    Hit! Rem AASB! Technically my second Holy Magic AASB since I have Rydia's.
    Dupe Tyro USB4?

Well it could've been worse.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    FF1 LotR ender was WoL G+. ...Provides guts and IC1. Uh... how the fuck is this a G+?

AASB 'lucky' was 1/11 Balthier dupe. So... a fuck you to this fest all around so far.

E:
    First 'apprecation' ticket an awesome 1/10 Ovelia USB dupe.

Jesus fuck, DeNA.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    FF1 LotR ender was WoL G+. ...Provides guts and IC1. Uh... how the fuck is this a G+?

AASB 'lucky' was 1/11 Balthier dupe. So... a fuck you to this fest all around so far.

E:

Jesus fuck, DeNA.

Hey don't diss that G+! I did use it in the FF1 Torment and it saved my team!

• Options
    Awakening draw: 4/11, all new!

Yuffie Earth, which is a non-dualcast, but still a second awakening for her
    Nabaat, which might put me into magic range for Alex
    Relm, which HELL YEAH
    Ceodore, which... This looks real fucking good. Enholy, holy boost, holy awakening, 100% crit, IC3? Goddamn

• Options
    edited June 2020
    To sum up results so far:
    FF0: Queen BSB dupe
    FFT: TGCid AOSB
    FF15: Luna LMR
    FF14: Minfilia LMR dupe
    FF13: Serah USB2
    FF12: Gabranth AASB
    FF11: Zeid AOSB
    FF10: Lulu glint
    FF9: Freya USB
    FF8: Raijin AOSB
    FF7: Cloud G+
    FF6: Terra glint dupe, Umaro USB
    FF5: Xezat LMR dupe
    FF4: Porom G+
    FF3: Onion CSB
    FF2: Leon glint dupe
    FF1: WoL G+

LMR/Glint:
    2/11 2x LMR dupes

AASB:
    1/11 dupe

'Appreciation'
    1/10 USB dupe

Those results are pretty fucking dire. Like, if you gave me that entire list, and said "you can have everything here, or 10 mythril," I'd take the mythril.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

E:

Jesus fuck, DeNA.

That WOL G+ has kind of become the standard for Knight types. WOL has it, Steiner has it, General Leo has it.

The use case, I’ve found, is to use it to quickly buff the party, and get an instant turn to drop a party buff USB or a Chain.

• Options
    Appreciation ticket: 2/10 discoes
    Dupe seph awakening
    Morrow USB

• Options
    Awakening draw was pretty sweet. General Leo’s (Earth/Holy with Enearth and Knight Awaken. Causes his attacks to reduce the party’s damage for 1 attack), and Rydia’s (Water/Earth/Holy with MAG/RES buff to the party and Summon Awaken. Causes a chase every 2 attacks).

Both of these are pretty good! Leo’s not going to go into any Ramuh reclears without his Glint, nor Alexander in any case, but he’s well set for everything else with this and his USB. And Rydia has long been known to have a good Awakening. I already use her for Water stuff, so this is even better now. It doesn’t give Aura, and the buff is redundant with her USBW1, but that just means I can freely use her USBW2. I’ll take this result, definitely.

First ticket was kinda a bust; dupes and King’s Enlightning LMR.

• Options
    Ifrit is absolutely the wrong fight to bring a Summoner to, yes?

Or do Summons prevent the pillars from counterattacking if they survive an attack?

• Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    LoR: meia AOSB
    ticket: vayne AOSB, ingus USB

I'm tempted to try and come up with 25 mythril from record dungeons + all the new events for the AASB draw, but I guess the sync draws are a better option.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    i had to relog the app to get the first ticket, don't forget if you have the game open

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options

Or do Summons prevent the pillars from counterattacking if they survive an attack?

You can use a summoner on Ifrit, but you have to be very careful about how you do it, because if you kill all the pillars with one attack, that character is toast.

• Options
    Torgairon wrote: »
    I'm tempted to try and come up with 25 mythril from record dungeons + all the new events for the AASB draw, but I guess the sync draws are a better option.

25 mythril on an AASB-only draw is pretty much the best value for mythril. I would try to find the mythril before it goes away (in 23 hours)

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I LotR was Master AOSB. New at least.

The ticket was LMRs for Maria and Porom, and dupe Seph pants.

AASB, 3/11: Ace, Ultimecia, Sice. All new, alright alright alright

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

You can use a summoner on Ifrit, but you have to be very careful about how you do it, because if you kill all the pillars with one attack, that character is toast.

Which can still be the least awful path. Most of my clears involved yuffie killing all the pillars then being revived so she can do it again on the third batch. Saves you so much pain.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I: Sarah BUSB (dupe), Garland USB2 (dupe). Le sigh.

Fest ticket: Noel AOSB (dupe), Ayame G+. The G+ would be nice if it weren't for the issue of me not using Ayame on my XI team...

AASB Lucky: CoD AASB, Agrias AASB. Finally, something good!

• Options
    Yes, Earth-weak Omega down, with Leo.

Man, remember fights that don’t enforce elemental auras? They’re so nice, comparatively.