As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    What “random Sync draw” are you people talking about? I’m seeing nothing of the sort.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Possibly only available for 24 hours.

I'm kind of waffling on it. 22 random BSB+ items and 1 random Sync from 12 choices (I have 3, which ensures I'd just get a dupe)

vs.

2 pulls on Banner 3, which has no 5* items, so I'd walk away with at least 2 6* items, 1 of which has to be new for me, and there's 3 syncs on the banner, one of which, Rem's is absolutely bonkers.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I only have two (Squall and Locke), but I'm also side eyeing it because I don't love that set of syncs. They either don't mesh well with my existing realm teams, or I already have AASBs for them, although I suppose I need to start looking to redundantize that for Dream Breakers and White Odin. Then again, I have like $500 sitting around in Google credit for dumb reasons (boss was laid off, and gave out mountains of company fun bucks to all his reports on the way out).

Appreciation ticket almost okay for once.
    2/11
    Gaffgarion AOSB (oh fuck off, Gaffgarion)
    Fang CSB

XIII is an elementally chaotic realm, so it helps with that. Then again, I'd have to use Fang, and more than that, Fang in place of someone with an AASB and non-shitty USB. But apparently this is as good as the draws are going to get.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    2/10 both discoes
    Dupe Jecht OSB
    Dupe Larsa USB

oh well

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Dupe Ace AASB and Cid Raines USB2. I really should just pull on the 100 mithryl banner.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    One more pull on banner one for y sale LMR. I guess Time to save tickets for core again because tyro g+ is not happening

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I already have four of those random Syncs, I should probably skip. My odds of getting a new sync are probably better just doing two draws on banner 3

Edit for maths:
    Two pulls at Banner 3: 57.9% chance of at least one Sync

100 mythril at the 12-random-Syncs banner with four dupes: 66.7% of getting a new Sync

Two pulls at Banner 3, if you consider Squall Fire AASB and Lightning's Holy AASB to be about as good as a Sync: 78% chance to get at least one

I am skeptical of the value of the new Lenna AASB, Yuna holy chain will have different value to different players, etc

Fry on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Daily draw again, dupe Decil LMR.

Ticket was Selphie glint dupe, Krile USB dupe, and Aerith Glint+. That's a good one, yay.

I've been playing around with Tyro's Sync on some minor stuff, it's interesting but he really suffers from the lack of w-cast. High marks for versatility though.

• Options
    I took a random stab at Tyro sync, didn't get it. The plan was for him to use that at the part of every fight where more entrusting doesn't do much.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think his g+ is the better prize if you have a healer g+

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited June 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I think his g+ is the better prize if you have a healer g+

Though, when you have his LMR, it’s not extremey better than using the classic Sentinel’s Grimoire.

It is better, make no mistake, but using Ace Striker, you can get an SG out after 2 instant turns. It’s my go-to for teams with Elarra these days, though I had to swap back to DVG for Alexander.

Then again... using his G+, you could equip Passionate Salsa instead of Wrath.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Or you can SG into USB4. I never can find the meter to cast that guy.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Summer Appreciation draw 2: Eiko USB2 (dupe), Cid VII CSB (dupe), Ashe USB2. That last one is actually really useful for my magic lightning team, so yay.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Or you can SG into USB4. I never can find the meter to cast that guy.

I usually go: (ic) Wrath, (ic) SG, (Elarra casts USB1), Wrath, Entrust (Elarra), Wrath, Wrath, USB4.

With the extra meter generation from Ace Striker, that first Entrust gives Elarra enough to play with while Tyro sets up his USB, and he can Entrust the turn after he uses his USB4. It is occasionally dependent on the particulars of the fight, but this is a base strategy that’s worked for me for several 6-star Magicites.

Of course, having his G+ would make that strategy even better. You could go Wrath, Wrath, G+, Entrust, and Elarra would have more meter then she knows what to do with for the early game.

This is mostly a strategy for a physical team, of course. It’s why I’d like to lens Dr Mog’s USB for magic teams, to go with his SG Glint.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Thoughts on Emperor fight:
    - this remix is not bad, but I still prefer the heaven emperor track
    - I ran over him in the first three difficulties, so I have no idea what his mechanic is, or what Dr Mog does. Guess I'll need to read the AI thread

• Options
    Apparently, if you Overstrike him, it “rescues” that attack’s element, m he goes into a rampage. But if you Overstrike him with a second element, it cancels the rampage.

I’m tempted to try an ice magic team, and use Rinoa’s Earth Overstrike to handle that mechanic.

That, or I could field a magic team in whatever element, with Quistis as support, and have her drop Doomtrain after Overstriking him with the team’s main element.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Thoughts on Emperor fight:
    - this remix is not bad, but I still prefer the heaven emperor track
    - I ran over him in the first three difficulties, so I have no idea what his mechanic is, or what Dr Mog does. Guess I'll need to read the AI thread

It's super complicated and awful. You need to smack him with attacks over the damage cap to release elements briefly, but if you only release one element, he powers up instead. If you don't have at least 2 released at certain points, he uses a massive debuff on you. Using the RW releases all the elements at once. Basically, it's meant to be run with a multi-element party, which means:
    A.) Historia/Realm team
    B.) Need a multi-element team
    C.) Heavily favors having/using a realm chain

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Hmm.

What if, a regular physical team, but you also have Cinque with Stone Press and Entrust? Is is defense so hard that it’s tough to make an uncharged (or 1 charge, thank you legend dive) stone press do 10k?

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Reading on reddit, seems like plenty of people are running him over with standard Cloud or Sephiroth teams. I can put together a coherent multi element X team, so I might start there. Five million HP is an awful lot :/

The elements are only released for five seconds at a time, so trying to be cute with off-element overstrikes may not be the most effective. But maybe you can make it work

Fry on
  • Options
    FF4: ceodore g+, instant 2SB to go alongside that fancy new awakening

• Options
    And 8 Valefor down.

So 8 of everything except Ifrit because fuck Ifrit.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Did everything in the fest event except transcendent emperor and nemesis. That'll take some effort, which blah, maybe I'll wait until after lucky draws.

• Options
    Did everything in the fest event except transcendent emperor and nemesis. That'll take some effort, which blah, maybe I'll wait until after lucky draws.

Don’t forget that we seem to be getting more stages in the surfing vacation event each day.

I know it’s not technically in the festival menu, but I say it’s part of it, because it’s summer sun stuff.

• Options

Nemesis is just a long as fuck fight. The first half, he stops half the party. There are ways to remove/dodge it, but he keeps re-casting it every 10-15 seconds or so. After killing him once, he revives and you get to do it again, but this time with souped up defenses/HP. And then when you get him down to like 30% HP, he turns off all damage except cap-breaks.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Decided to do FF5 today, too

Kelger G+ - empowered infusion.

I've got his Awakening and AOSB, so sure.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Just realized I never did my daily draw.

Larsa LMR. I think it's a dupe?

E: yeah, dupe. The "chance for Astra on target" one, not the "chance for Astra on self" one

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Don’t forget that we seem to be getting more stages in the surfing vacation event each day.

I know it’s not technically in the festival menu, but I say it’s part of it, because it’s summer sun stuff.

I'll do that when all the stages are released. Same with Magic Pots and Cactuar tickets.

• Options
    I have no plan. The banners look very shiny, but after throwing away 150 mythril for nothing and a pair of pants I'm hesitant to throw at anything else. Banner 3 looks great but I'm uncertain what it would do for me, having beat Alex. Other banners have dupes or are pretty meh. I think I need a fire chain or some better fire stuff to beat shiva but not sure on this banner 2. Don't have anything for anyone except Terra and limit break seems kinda meh. Probably need better holy stuff to beat omega let alone diabolos. Ditto with Valefor.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    At this point I'm basically assuming I get one pull, so I need to decide between banner 3 and banner 5.

• Options
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/78809578
    Banner 5 Overview

Femme Fatale/Shield of the Just:
    Best Lightning & Fire DPS, and two of the very best in the game.
    And they will remain god tier for a long time.
    Even better is that they are very powerful enough on their own, unlike other top-tier stuff that require multiple SBs.
    No need to think hard about it, just get them.
    Personal Rating (Femme Fatale): 15/10
    Personal Rating (Shield of the Just): 15/10

Oracle's Raiment/Lunafreya's Guise/Trident of the Oracle:
    Lunafreya is in an odd place.
    She don't have Black Magic 5/6 so Lunar Leviathan is all she have.
    XV is all physical DPS except for her, and she is not outstanding among Water mages. Rydia becomes the true Ifrit killer next fest.
    She is similar to Yuna where they tried to dip into both summoning & healing but excels in neither.
    SASB is mediocre & AASB does not have En-Water. But if you combine both with USB, you have 1/12 CT and 15-hit chase.
    Personal Rating (Oracle's Raiment): 7/10
    Personal Rating (Lunafreya's Guise): 6/10
    Personal Rating (Trident of the Oracle): 5/10

Platinum Rod/Flanged Mace:
    XI Dreambreaker is one of the toughest.
    Thankfully the "trap" banner also contains 2 of the best relics in this game: Shantotto SASB & Lilisette AASB.
    Even better, Aphmau is not in banner 1.
    So this is the perfect opportunity to grab her here and both of these SBs are good.
    Personal Rating (Platinum Rod): 8/10
    Personal Rating (Flanged Mace): 7/10

Stuffed Chocobo/Sapphire Bracelet/Black Choker:
    Similar to Aphmau, Iris' relics are not in banner 1 of the Dreambreaker event.
    And like Aphmau you can pull in this banner for Iris & Noctis, then complete your XV team in the upcoming event.
    Iris' set is also arguably better than Aphmau, and currently in JP her HA can also be sped up by the HQP in these SBs.
    Plus her Glint+ is here.
    Personal Rating (Stuffed Chocobo): 8/10
    Personal Rating (Sapphire Bracelet): 8/10
    Personal Rating (Black Choker): 7/10

Mirage Sword/Anonymous Blade:
    Cloud's Dark tech for Alexander.
    However Cloud is still far, far stronger in Wind especially when his HA is not Heavy school.
    So in order for Cloud keep up with powercreep in Dark, you have to plan to get his upcoming SASB2 as well.
    There are many other options for Dark physical as well.
    Although having Cloud/Sephiroth/Rufus can serve you in both elemental and realm fights.
    Meanwhile Glint+ is great if you are mainly using USB1.
    Personal Rating (Mirage Sword): 5.5/10
    Personal Rating (Anonymous Blade): 6/10

Ultima Blade/Beach Parasol:
    While he is a random inclusion in the banner, they are Zack's relatively new En-Wind sources.
    No reason to aim for, but the USB is a good side prize to have while you are chasing the jackpots.
    Either of these can be useful to those who have Zack CSB/USB1.
    Personal Rating (Ultima Blade): 4/10
    Personal Rating (Beach Parasol): 2/10

Conclusion: For newer players, this is the best banner in the fest.
    Lightning/Noctis Sync is enough on their own, and you have Aphmau/Iris healing SBs.
    Meanwhile for banner 3, besides Rem Sync you sorta need prerequisite SBs for it to be godly.
    Generally speaking though, the foresight of having both Aphmau & Iris here is extremely valuable for their Dreambreakers.
    And you have 2 Syncs as the icing.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Oh hey, info on a new FFVI event in Japan.

There's some generally cool stuff, but what has me interested is Relm getting upgraded to have Support 4. That could be huge when combined with her USB1 and Ace Striker or DMT. Instant Wrath, USB, instant Wrath, USB...

• Options
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/78809578
    Banner 5 Overview

Even better is that they are very powerful enough on their own, unlike other top-tier stuff that require multiple SBs.

XV is all physical DPS except for her, and she is not outstanding among Water mages. Rydia becomes the true Ifrit killer next fest.
    She is similar to Yuna where they tried to dip into both summoning & healing but excels in neither.
    SASB is mediocre & AASB does not have En-Water. But if you combine both with USB, you have 1/12 CT and 15-hit chase.

Thankfully the "trap" banner also contains 2 of the best relics in this game: Shantotto SASB & Lilisette AASB.
    So this is the perfect opportunity to grab her here and both of these SBs are good.

And like Aphmau you can pull in this banner for Iris & Noctis, then complete your XV team in the upcoming event.
    Iris' set is also arguably better than Aphmau, and currently in JP her HA can also be sped up by the HQP in these SBs.
    Plus her Glint+ is here.

However Cloud is still far, far stronger in Wind especially when his HA is not Heavy school.
    So in order for Cloud keep up with powercreep in Dark, you have to plan to get his upcoming SASB2 as well.
    Although having Cloud/Sephiroth/Rufus can serve you in both elemental and realm fights.

While he is a random inclusion in the banner, they are Zack's relatively new En-Wind sources.
    No reason to aim for, but the USB is a good side prize to have while you are chasing the jackpots.

Lightning/Noctis Sync is enough on their own, and you have Aphmau/Iris healing SBs.
    Meanwhile for banner 3, besides Rem Sync you sorta need prerequisite SBs for it to be godly.
    Generally speaking though, the foresight of having both Aphmau & Iris here is extremely valuable for their Dreambreakers.

I don't think I disagree with the comments about banner 5. I already have two of the three Syncs though, so I am going to pass.

I think Sephiroth Sync is also fairly self-sufficient on banner 3, or at least the combo piece is a USB that's in the lens shop.

If you think you need holy stuff to deal with Diablos, the Holy Chocobo banner is still there for a few more days, and it's pretty legit. Two Syncs that are both solid, a chain, several good Awakenings, etc.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Banner 5 Overview

Plus her Glint+ is here.

I don't think I disagree with the comments about banner 5. I already have two of the three Syncs though, so I am going to pass.

I think Sephiroth Sync is also fairly self-sufficient on banner 3, or at least the combo piece is a USB that's in the lens shop.

If you think you need holy stuff to deal with Diablos, the Holy Chocobo banner is still there for a few more days, and it's pretty legit. Two Syncs that are both solid, a chain, several good Awakenings, etc.

I'm passing on it because FFXV is continuing to get my tickets until I hit -SOMETHING- (7 tickets and counting, I think! Almost to the core ticket failure numbers!), and there's just so much overlap between those. Also, I already have Lightning's sync.

Banner 3 is also no slouch when it comes to Diabolos. Yuna's got a gen 2.5 magic CSB, Rem's sync is obviously broken, and Lightning's AASB there is deceptively strong since it automatically stacks enHoly. If you've got Fang's realm CSB, you can also use it with either her other AASB or her sync to get some multi-elemental shenanigans going with her hero ability, which is a celerity lightning/holy, so works well with everything she can do. I admit that I don't like Sephiroth or Bartz's syncs all that much though, and they're pretty major turn-offs to the banner. They're not bad, they just don't feel chase-worthy, and pretty meh as far as syncs go. I forgot I had Lenna's G+ too, which greatly devalues her opener-flavor AASB too. I'd much rather have her BUSB instead.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Banner 5 Overview

Plus her Glint+ is here.

I'm passing on it because FFXV is continuing to get my tickets until I hit -SOMETHING- (7 tickets and counting, I think! Almost to the core ticket failure numbers!), and there's just so much overlap between those. Also, I already have Lightning's sync.

Banner 3 is also no slouch when it comes to Diabolos. Yuna's got a gen 2.5 magic CSB, Rem's sync is obviously broken, and Lightning's AASB there is deceptively strong since it automatically stacks enHoly. If you've got Fang's realm CSB, you can also use it with either her other AASB or her sync to get some multi-elemental shenanigans going with her hero ability, which is a celerity lightning/holy, so works well with everything she can do. I admit that I don't like Sephiroth or Bartz's syncs all that much though, and they're pretty major turn-offs to the banner. They're not bad, they just don't feel chase-worthy, and pretty meh as far as syncs go. I forgot I had Lenna's G+ too, which greatly devalues her opener-flavor AASB too. I'd much rather have her BUSB instead.

Yeah, I am in the same position there. I think I've decided that I'm not going to be that broken up if I get Lenna's opener-type AASB (protect, shell, haste; NOT immediate heal); I have almost all the rest of her stuff, and there are enough fights that have a dispel or de-haste in them that it could be nice to have the option to have both that thing and the G+ and be able to get through one dispel and not need to worry about losing pro/shell. Or uh, between two AASBs and the G+, get through two de-hastes :0

Fry on
  • Options
    Man going forward I really don't know how to plan my pulls. Especially since basically all banners are now trap banners. Maybe I should just embrace the Waifu and pull for favorites. Sure banner 3 looks nice but the odds of me getting all the relevant Holy Tech for Diablos in two pulls are quite low. The sync banner looks interesting but I already have one sync from there and getting a dupe sync feels like a bad idea.

I'm actually thinking about pulling Cecil's Holy Sync banner now. Sure, I could wait for TGC and the Dreambreaker related banner but, well the point is having fun right? I could also just pull on Celes' HA and be done with it. It's a spellblade Holy so I wouldn't need to invest anything else for her (already got EnHoly BSB, LMR, AASB and AOSB) versus let's say Cecil which I don't have anything on him and I'd need probably to use lens for a Glint.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    My rough plan at the moment is "pull on things with a broken tier sync." ie If a banner has an ATB manipulator, default will be to toss a couple pulls at it. There are a few banners I'm eyeing for Dream Breaker purposes or general strength, but... eh. Some banners with the broken syncs are also otherwise pretty terrible, so they're hard sells.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Man I was looking at Squall's Sync 2 and looks sick...until I see the part that the chase is only available when he's low HP.

• Options
    I think my plans are still generally to pull on banners where I have no Sync/AASB dupes, and discounted banners that have decent rates of hitting those

• Options
    4 hours attempting to get another clear on Valefor.

Nothing.