As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Animal Crossing] Stalnks

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Please stop reminding me of that murder clown sheep. I could not get him to leave my town regardless of how much I tried and he somehow kept getting creepier as time went on.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    well, I just paid off the first bell loan I've had, which means my house is getting bigger and also probably means that I have...played a lot of this game already

• Options
    Using Nook miles on island passes is maybe not...the most exciting thing in the world, but it's a good way to extend your day in the game if you want to, and it's a good source of like...wood and rocks. Very handy for upgrades and the like. Like, the island I was just on had 16 apple trees I could get to, so it was a...productive trip. Another island had a bunch of bamboo, so now I've got that possibly growing on my island. Plus a bunch of bamboo material, which I assume is for crafting something

I have had...less luck with getting quality items for my house. Like...I shook a tree and a cardboard box fell out, which matches the other cardboard box I found. Bright side is, if I find another cardboard box, I have a recipe to make a bed of cardboard boxes!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    is there a good resource for design QR codes or is it just the wild west out there

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    is there a good resource for design QR codes or is it just the wild west out there

Image search and it's the wild west

• Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    On my 5th mystery tour I found an island of peaches so now I have pears and peaches and oranges growing. I have run out of things that need to be done but cant stop playing.
    Switch code 3363-9784-7989

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I need so many iron nuggets. So many...

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Also I find it kind of funny just how blatant the game is with encouraging you to strip mine every mystery island you go to. What with the multiple reminders to make sure you have your tools and the assurance that you don't have to worry about coming back to this now resource-barren wasteland of an island.

I'm sorry other random islands, but you must die so my island can grow and be strong.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Wow is there so much more to do on the second day

I may have to eat crow on that they’re doing a good job of slowly rolling out your daily workload

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Where do I get a flimsy axe? I spent miles for the good tool recipes thinking that was how I'd get an axe but I guess I was supposed to have gotten a flimsy axe by this point already. Maybe the dodo man will sell me one?

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    Where do I get a flimsy axe? I spent miles for the good tool recipes thinking that was how I'd get an axe but I guess I was supposed to have gotten a flimsy axe by this point already. Maybe the dodo man will sell me one?

This confounded me too for a bit-- when you buy stuff from Timmy, you can page over using the right shoulder button. he sells all the flimsy tools including the axe, along with seeds and medicine.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

This confounded me too for a bit-- when you buy stuff from Timmy, you can page over using the right shoulder button. he sells all the flimsy tools including the axe, along with seeds and medicine.

No, he's only selling the fishing rod, net, watering can, and slingshot. The same as yesterday. No shovel or axe. At least a villager gave me a shovel.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

Give Tom Nook bugs or fish.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Important to note. There is a difference between the flimsy and stone axes and normal axe. The flimsy and stone axes will let you get resources from a tree 3 times, but won't chop it down. The axe will actually cut the trees down so you only want to use that if you want to remove trees or look for rare stumps, assuming they're in this game too.

H0b0man on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Took me some digging but I found my friend code! 3815-5255-3899, my island’s juuuuust barely on the second day, so not much going on yet.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I ended up with a collection of around 25 insects and fish piled up around Blathers’ tent last night, ready for donation today (he only accepts 15 on the first day).

I didn’t pay off my first house yet but got 2/3 (60,000 bells) of the way there...

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I'm going on an expedition into The Sicklands for groceries and the like.
    I am also gonna try and buy a Switch and Animal Crossing from the adjacent Gamestop and/or Walmart

I'M COMIN', NOOK. MAYBE.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Blathers is on his merry way, and I've got my tent paid off... but I'm gonna wait for a day or two on the house. Get my explore on for the rest of the island first. Keep things simple and relaxing.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I've been thinking about Animal Crossing and Beastars.

...that is all.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Day 2 Diary:

Blathers is here and I used the temporary zoo outside his tent to convince him to build a museum. This is good because now there are a half dozen dinosaur displays outside his tent waiting for tomorrow. Also more bugs to donate. I need to start keeping a real life journal of what I've donated. I wish there was a nice bound book like that Stardew Valley guide with check boxes and stuff.

I've gone to the CIA blacksite islands four times to get enough iron for the store, which will now be built. I guess the reason Wilbur burns the flight plans is so that environmental groups can't trace the rash of islands being strip mined back to Nook Inc. Three of those times I meet hot pink animals but refused to invite them to my island because I already have a hot pink deer and I gotta keep it fresh. I found a nice gazelle or something who is moving in.

Weeded the lower north of the island. Everything I can get to without a ladder. Also I've been stung so many times by wasps that my hot pink deer took pity on me and showed me how to make medicine. Gotta keep those wasp nests now.

House it done and I've paid it off from Nook then immediately agreed on an expansion which is over double the price. Also helped Gulliver fix his communicator so his starship can beam him back up.

Pretty eventful day. Stole some palm trees from those islands so I got those on my beach now. Nothing much else to do but keep fishing and bug catching for cash, but I think I'm good for now. Not too pressed to pay off Nook to quickly.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Caught a coelacanth. Its been raining all day on my third day.

Edit. 2 coelacanth

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Just sent a bunch of friend request, name is Benny

My friend code is SW-1387-4643-5506

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I'm going on an expedition into The Sicklands for groceries and the like.
    I am also gonna try and buy a Switch and Animal Crossing from the adjacent Gamestop and/or Walmart

I'M COMIN', NOOK. MAYBE.

well that didn't work.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I'm one of those guys that impulse bought a switch lite when they came out and I bought animal crossing digitally, so I've gone ahead and made a 2nd island in the southern hemisphere. I'm honestly not gonna pay too much attention to it so anyone can feel free to come and get the fall bugs/fish, SW-2683-9290-1038 is the friend code. I'll try to pay attention to it and get people added as I see them come in. I'm just gonna leave the gates open so come and go as you please and take whatever you want. Feel free to @ me here to try and get my attention to accept the friend request, and hey, if you wanna leave something behind bits and bobs and tools are always appreciated.

Kanden on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Okay. I am now making a physical paper journal of all the fish and bugs I catch and whether I've donated them. Re-purposing an old moleskine I found. Got all the info for all the fish and bugs I've caught so far but I'll have to wait to mark the donations until tomorrow. Drew little pencil pictures of each, need to find some color pencils or something to brighten them up.

My hand is cramped up but it will be easier now to keep it updated as I go.

Probably keep track of fossils as well. Maybe a basic list of DIY items and what is needed to craft them?

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Kanden wrote: »
    I'm one of those guys that impulse bought a switch lite when they came out and I bought animal crossing digitally, so I've gone ahead and made a 2nd island in the southern hemisphere. I'm honestly not gonna pay too much attention to it so anyone can feel free to come and get the fall bugs/fish, SW-2683-9290-1038 is the friend code. I'll try to pay attention to it and get people added as I see them come in. I'm just gonna leave the gates open so come and go as you please and take whatever you want. Feel free to @ me here to try and get my attention to accept the friend request, and hey, if you wanna leave something behind bits and bobs and tools are always appreciated.

I’ll add you! I think, however, that unless you’re ‘best friends’ you’ll need a code to visit a friend’s island.

Anyone managed to unlock the ladder yet? I’m on my third day. Collected everything for the shop. I have invited three people to move to my island, which is apparently what triggers the need for bridges/ladders, but Nook isn’t saying anything to me yet. Maybe I just need to wait...

Right now I have cherries, pears, bamboo and coconuts. Anya has apples but I won’t be able to visit her until tomorrow. My brother has peaches so I’m going to visit him soon.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Edit: loaned my switch lite to sister in law so NVM about this one

Kanden on
  • Options
    Ok cool! I’ll be on over :) any particular tool you want?

• Options
    Don't matter at all, some cherries would be dope if you've happened to find any yet

• Options
    Kanden wrote: »
    Don't matter at all, some cherries would be dope if you've happened to find any yet

I added you too. I have some cherry trees growing but they won't be up till tomorrow. I can toss some non flimsy tools down.

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Anyone managed to unlock the ladder yet? I’m on my third day. Collected everything for the shop. I have invited three people to move to my island, which is apparently what triggers the need for bridges/ladders, but Nook isn’t saying anything to me yet. Maybe I just need to wait...

You need to have the shop open, then Nook will give you the recipe for ladders and the first bridge. You don't have to invite anybody, three villagers will want to move in regardless and building their houses is the next step after the bridge.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Ah, thanks! Will wait for the shop, then.

• Options
    I got a ladder from someone who had started at midnight, just give them the materials they can make it and give it to you

• Options
    It's been raining all day but instead of fishing I'm furnishing hypothetical residents' homes

• Options
    I’ve visited 6 mystery islands so far and the only fruit (aside from coconuts) I’ve found is more damn cherries

Still, got peaches and pears from family

2020-03-21%2012.56.22.jpg

C’mon, get that museum finished...

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I will suck dick for iron nuggets

• Options
    everyone knows there's like...storage in your house

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I got oranges, ladders, and never ending rain currently.

Code is 2124-7535-5715

And now that I'm waiting on the three new people to move I havent met anyone else on mystery islands. But finally got new fruit from one(pears).

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I opened my town up--going to go take a walk (in the real world). There's cherries in bundles of three by the gate, please help yourself. If you have pears or apples I'd appreciate it. :D

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    my special edition switch came today

turns out new horizons does not support the system transfer tool which means I just have to... start over and lose 2 days

7yh4xczljsym.png
This discussion has been closed.