As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Battletech] New KS - 23 Mar!

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Tox wrote: »
    Sarna wrote:
    WSP-3W
    Manufactured by Achernar for Wolf's Dragoons in 3050, the Clan Invasion era 3W upgraded the armor to Ferro-Fibrous and carried two Sutel Precision Line Small Pulse Lasers in the right arm and four ChisComp 32 small lasers split between left leg and left torso. This increased firepower came at the cost of reducing armor protection to just two tons. BV (1.0) = 276, BV (2.0) = 342

Okay 2xSPLas and 4xSLas is kind of weird but I get it. A solid build, not unlike the Locust folks love to run in MWO.

But putting 2 lasers in one leg? That's ... that's a drunk mechtech is what that is.

That's "using a hardpoint". :p The -1A original flavor uses an SRM rack in the leg.

But for reals, I'd take that -3W and upgrade it to a -4W ASAP if given the means. In fact, that's literally the upgrade path given in the RecGuide description!

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Nips wrote: »
    OH SHIT YUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

ayQyI4A.png

My only quibble is the "small mercenary command" bit (instead of the Oosiks by name), but other than that HELLS TO THE YES!

Gotta buy a new Wasp and paint it up, BRB!
    Sarna wrote:
    WSP-3W
    Manufactured by Achernar for Wolf's Dragoons in 3050, the Clan Invasion era 3W upgraded the armor to Ferro-Fibrous and carried two Sutel Precision Line Small Pulse Lasers in the right arm and four ChisComp 32 small lasers split between left leg and left torso. This increased firepower came at the cost of reducing armor protection to just two tons. BV (1.0) = 276, BV (2.0) = 342

Okay 2xSPLas and 4xSLas is kind of weird but I get it. A solid build, not unlike the Locust folks love to run in MWO.

But putting 2 lasers in one leg? That's ... that's a drunk mechtech is what that is.

That's "using a hardpoint". :p The -1A original flavor uses an SRM rack in the leg.

But for reals, I'd take that -3W and upgrade it to a -4W ASAP if given the means. In fact, that's literally the upgrade path given in the RecGuide description!

What's the -4W got going on?

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    OH SHIT YUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

ayQyI4A.png

My only quibble is the "small mercenary command" bit (instead of the Oosiks by name), but other than that HELLS TO THE YES!

Gotta buy a new Wasp and paint it up, BRB!
    Sarna wrote:
    WSP-3W

What's the -4W got going on?

Swaps in an LFE and DHS for the standard equipment, sports 2xSPL 2xERML for guns, and most importantly has almost twice the armor.

And the SPLs are still in the left leg, for maximum tech-laziness. :D

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Clan Striker Star redesigns just dropped. They're all pretty good, nothing seems wildly new or radically redrawn. They're solid, no notes

• Options
    Oh god, all of those new designs for the Unseen are so fucking sexy and better yet, super true to their original looks! I couldn't be happier for how those are starting out.

And the Piranha is....a Piranha. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Oh god, all of those new designs for the Unseen are so fucking sexy and better yet, super true to their original looks! I couldn't be happier for how those are starting out.

And the Piranha is....a Piranha. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah that one looks the least different for me. Still good, just, not very different.
    27hlo482mfay.jpg

e: The most interesting thing about it to me is the arms. It kind of looks like they designed it with laser hands and then went back and bolted forearms and hands onto the lasers, which is kind of neat.

Tox on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    The Vapor Eagle feels off to me, but that may be because I’m so used to the MWO version and it’s perhaps the one redesign I’ve seen that doesn’t even look closely related.

Not saying it’s bad though.

No real complaints on the others

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    The Vapor Eagle feels off to me, but that may be because I’m so used to the MWO version and it’s perhaps the one redesign I’ve seen that doesn’t even look closely related.

Not saying it’s bad though.

No real complaints on the others

Yeah I can't decide if it's the face or the chest but one or the other is ever so slightly ... off

Juuuust off enough to bug me a very little bit. Also the MWO model is a bit thinner in the legs.

Horned Owl looks very Metroid-y compared to the original

But all of these are minor quibbles and I feel like I'm reaching to find anything so overall I basically love them

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Are some of these new designs Unseen, @Nips? I don't recognize any of them from the olden times.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    The first four are previously-Unseen.
    Vapor Eagle (Goshawk)
    Conjurer (Hellhound)
    Horned Owl (Peregrine)
    Incubus (Vixen)

They're all second-line designs from TRO 3055.

Nips on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    These were the designs that originally came from Victor Musical Industries (it was contracted iirc) for the original 3055 TRO, and were declared Unseen after the Harmony Gold lawsuit as an attempt to remove all possible avenues of related lawsuits.

See here

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Nobody wrote: »
    These were the designs that originally came from Victor Musical Industries (it was contracted iirc) for the original 3055 TRO, and were declared Unseen after the Harmony Gold lawsuit as an attempt to remove all possible avenues of related lawsuits.

See here

And to this day I still believe grouping the VMI designs in with the rest was a mistake.

At least we're getting some satisfying resolution to that mistake in the coming year.

Nips on
  • Options
    Yeah I honestly thought the IIC designs were removed due to HG.

I never even realized the others were Unseen until after I got back into BT and was confused over the Stone Rhino redo.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Oh man, I love that Conjurer. Just fantastic.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I love it because it threads the needle between the look of the Unseen version and the look of the new Classic Wolverine just perfectly. *chef's kiss*

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Well great, now I need a Striker Star.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »
    Well great, now I need a Striker Star.

This is now, literally, my every day conundrum with regard to my hobby money.

"Do I want to buy [X], or is this money better saved for More Stompy Bots?"

So far this rubric is working well to keep me from splurging on more old Unseen stuff that I already have at least one copy of, or for currently-in-production stuff that I do not yet have.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Now the question is whether I'll ever play, or these sweet minis will hang out in my display cases forever untouched.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Now the question is whether I'll ever play, or these sweet minis will hang out in my display cases forever untouched.

Or keep them all MISB, stored in a closet somewhere....

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020

I love that the Clans were so bizarrely averse to even mentioning wolverines after what happened with the 'not-named Clan' that they had to rename what is clearly the Wolverine IIC as something else. Like, that's a great bit of lore; FASA wanted to do a Wolverine IIC because they were also doing IIC's for the Griffin and Shadowhawk in TRO-3055, but they realized it'd be kind of weird, so they came up with this instead. It's eyeroll-inducing, but it totally fits how stodgy and uptight the more conservative Clans could be.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

I love that the Clans were so bizarrely averse to even mentioning wolverines after what happened with the 'not-named Clan' that they had to rename what is clearly the Wolverine IIC as something else. Like, that's a great bit of lore; FASA wanted to do a Wolverine IIC because they were also doing IIC's for the Griffin and Shadowhawk in TRO-3055, but they realized it'd be kind of weird, so they came up with this instead. It's eyeroll-inducing, but it totally fits how stodgy and uptight the more conservative Clans could be.

It's the weird stuff like this that makes me love this game the most.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I like to imagine a scenario where Inner Sphere pilots are working with Clan mechwarriors, like maybe with Wolves or Nova Cats during Operation Bulldog? You know they'd be constantly ribbing the clanners about that. Just a big shit-eating grin "oh, you mean your Wolverine?"

*sour face* "It's a Conjurer"

"Oh, of course, how could I ever get them confused? Totally different." *mimes patting clanner on head*

*grumbling to self* "Maybe you're getting senile in your old age. Freeborn."

Basically, I picture the clan mechwarrior as being like Worf in early ST:TNG, or Teal'c in early Stargate SG-1.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I like to imagine a scenario where Inner Sphere pilots are working with Clan mechwarriors, like maybe with Wolves or Nova Cats during Operation Bulldog? You know they'd be constantly ribbing the clanners about that. Just a big shit-eating grin "oh, you mean your Wolverine?"

*sour face* "It's a Conjurer"

"Oh, of course, how could I ever get them confused? Totally different." *mimes patting clanner on head*

*grumbling to self* "Maybe you're getting senile in your old age. Freeborn."

Basically, I picture the clan mechwarrior as being like Worf in early ST:TNG, or Teal'c in early Stargate SG-1.

"Oh man! Your Mech may be small, but you fight with the ferocity of one of those, uh. . . oh geez what're they called?"

-Clanner visible indignation-

"Y'know, those small, furry little bastards?"

-Clanner enmity grows-

"Oh! I remember now! You fight like a Honey Badger!"

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Whoa, this is pretty awesome! I should fire up MW5 some day.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Hey guys. So, does anyone have a dump of those .stl files? You know, the ones? Of the robits?

I, um. I might...I might need them. In a month or so.

Y'know, for no particular reason.

• Options
    Hey guys. So, does anyone have a dump of those .stl files? You know, the ones? Of the robits?

I would like to know also. For science.

Honestly I only have a few of them myself, mainly some Locusts.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

I would like to know also. For science.

Honestly I only have a few of them myself, mainly some Locusts.

Calling @HydroSqueegee our once and future Hoardsman, IIRC.

Maybe also @Ianator ?

• Options
    edited August 2020
    A ha! The hoarding forethought of Past Me strikes again! I found the zip files of the STL collections on my phone after finding them in Syllogy's Patreon feed, and am uploading them to my gDrive now.

And here's a link to the drive folder, for ease.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1mVXf6HKrapAEdy4ITWD1dCVuPYvl9NcZ

So, how easy to work with are these files?

Nips on
  • Options
    Hmm, looks like I'll have to request access?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mVXf6HKrapAEdy4ITWD1dCVuPYvl9NcZ?usp=sharing

Try it now. I forgot I had to flip a switch, and working on mobile is...not good for anything really.

• Options
    Works great now, thanks!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Well, mistakes were made.

Definitely going to need those STLs now in a bit...

6gb6xeX.png?1

• Options
    Well, mistakes were made.

Definitely going to need those STLs now in a bit...

6gb6xeX.png?1

Let me know how you like it!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    A ha! The hoarding forethought of Past Me strikes again! I found the zip files of the STL collections on my phone after finding them in Syllogy's Patreon feed, and am uploading them to my gDrive now.

And here's a link to the drive folder, for ease.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1mVXf6HKrapAEdy4ITWD1dCVuPYvl9NcZ

So, how easy to work with are these files?

glad my tardiness to the thread wasnt an issue.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    wTR2JR1.jpg

new renders are looking good. Love my fat bottomed girl hunchback there. Not too skinny, not too thicc.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Enforcer's looking a little more swole than I was expecting, but it's good. I've always been fond of the design since my first game of tabletop where it played a pivotal role in turning a losing fight to my favor. I'd used it to harass my opponent to the point they over-committed to trying to chase it down, letting my Atlas finish off their Cyclops one on one. Then I looped the Enforcer around some mountains to draw them back towards my assault and won the resulting 2v2. To be fair, it was my opponent's first game as well (we'd both gotten into it via Mechwarrior 2 on PC), and they had some very unlucky rolls while chasing my ENF.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    That Raven looks like it's got a nice roomy cockpit compared to the other mechs in the picture.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    That Raven looks like it's got a nice roomy cockpit compared to the other mechs in the picture.

its a nice panoramic view. loft bed, fireplace and kegarator.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    see317 wrote: »

its a nice panoramic view. loft bed, fireplace and kegarator.

Open concept.

oosik_betsuni.png