As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Battletech] New KS - 23 Mar!

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    My head canon is still that that's a sensor suite rather than a cockpit, so the recon mech just has more sensor panels.

Still gonna have a kegerator in there too obviously

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Yuuuuusssss.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/_JUCfX1P1ik

Excitement abounds!

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The best thing about Kickstarter, most of the time by the time I get my stuff I've completely forgotten what I've ordered.
    Like, I know I'm getting stompy robots, but which stompy robots?

Sure, I could look it up, but I'm kind of needing a surprise that doesn't make me sad this year.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    The best thing about Kickstarter, most of the time by the time I get my stuff I've completely forgotten what I've ordered.

Sure, I could look it up, but I'm kind of needing a surprise that doesn't make me sad this year.

Oops! All Ostscouts!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I want the Ost-series to get updated looks, would be interesting to see how they turn out.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I want the Ost-series to get updated looks, would be interesting to see how they turn out.

The Ostscout already has an updated look, and my understanding is the rest of the Ost-series is being worked on. It's not part of the KS, but I think it was being worked on with IWM, since the new metal Scout is already out there.

Ye Scout:

Ostscout-Silo.png

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

Oops! All Ostscouts!

not gonna lie, i have a thing for units with massive amounts of the same ride. in a straight ton for ton fight, i might have the edge... as long as its a 1000 ton match

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular

Oops! All Ostscouts!

not gonna lie, i have a thing for units with massive amounts of the same ride. in a straight ton for ton fight, i might have the edge... as long as its a 1000 ton match

But who has 200 Savannah Masters?

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »

Oops! All Ostscouts!

But who has 200 Savannah Masters?

*glances over at 3D printer*...

kx3klFE.png
  • Options

Oops! All Ostscouts!

Ride of the Valkyrie Hollanders

• Options

Oops! All Ostscouts!

Ah, the sound of a brigade's worth of Gauss slugs in flight.

BZZZZRRRTswisssssssssssssh.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Nips wrote: »

Oops! All Ostscouts!

Now I'm picturing battlemechs in close-packed line-abreast formations like the early days of firearms.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Honestly the Hollander G1 with the LB-10X and 2xMLas sounds more terrifying. Imagine a company of those. That's ... a lot of crits.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Practice social distancing with your BattleMechs lest ye be utterly powderized by artillery.

• Options
    You thought mecha had to resort to a lot of contrivances to exist in any kind of sci-fi? Imagine what lengths would be needed to have matchlock-style mecha battles.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Oops! All Ostscouts!

Now I'm picturing battlemechs in close-packed line-abreast formations like the early days of firearms.

I mean this is like, Rule 1 in House Steiner’s Big Book of War.

There are no other rules.

Axen on
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »

Oops! All Ostscouts!

Well, there is that one about "Bigger is always better. No. BIGGER."
    But that's might be less of a rule and more of a motto, I guess.

• Options
    I think the closest you can get to that right now is Iron Harvest.

• Options

Oops! All Ostscouts!

Well, there is that one about "Bigger is always better. No. BIGGER."
    But that's might be less of a rule and more of a motto, I guess.

If I’m being charitable I’d call it a “philosophy”.

But I’m not so I’ll call it “over compensating”.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I cannot for the life of me find the Catalyst canon character website. Can anyone help me out?

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I cannot for the life of me find the Catalyst canon character website. Can anyone help me out?

This one? https://characters.battletech.com/

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

This one? https://characters.battletech.com/

That's it! Grazie!

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Trigger pulled on a resin printer.

Time to grow the army.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I’ve been using mine to grow my stable of OpFor (Mechs and armor). Would like to get aerospace assets, but this seems hard to find. At least for Battletech ones. Hilariously enough I may just use ones for Robotech.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I’ve been using mine to grow my stable of OpFor (Mechs and armor). Would like to get aerospace assets, but this seems hard to find. At least for Battletech ones. Hilariously enough I may just use ones for Robotech.

Shhh! Not so loud, we just got the Unseen back.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Honestly I just looked and all I could find on a quick pass was the Sparrowhawk.

Kinda strange really

• Options
    Iolo wrote: »

Oh good point, I guess I should just stick to snagging stuff from Macross instead. :razz:

• Options
    Iolo wrote: »

Oh good point, I guess I should just stick to snagging stuff from Macross instead. :razz:

ive just been snagging stuff from GHQ. the attack helos of any type make good enough standins for VTOLs.
    https://www.ghqmodels.com/collections/1-285-6mm-scale/equipment-type_aircraft-rotary-wing

Ive been eyeballing the Mirage for Aerospace since it has the bigass wings and looks like it could take re-entry.
    https://www.ghqmodels.com/collections/1-285-6mm-scale/products/dassault-mirage-2000

theyre a tad bit on the small side scale wise compared to mechs, but theyre nice than the BT designs

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

Reaper Minis CAV Strike Ops has some good tanks and aerospace minis. The mechs are also really nice but are noticeably bigger than most battletech ones.

https://www.reapermini.com/miniatures/cav/sku-up/page2

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options

Reaper Minis CAV Strike Ops has some good tanks and aerospace minis. The mechs are also really nice but are noticeably bigger than most battletech ones.

https://www.reapermini.com/miniatures/cav/sku-up/page2

Since it's 10mm scale, I've always felt like the tanks were too big as well.

That said, a lot of BT tanks feel too small, so *shrug*.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    So I assembled a Destroid Tomahawk Warhammer today.

YOlbB3vh.jpg

Yes, an RRT model. I bought a sprue off Ebay on a knee-jerk lark when a listing I was watching had a sudden price drop.

The goods:
    -Decent Detail
    -Easily-worked Plastic

The bads:
    -Bad sprue gating damaged some details
    -Too many freaking parts (18!)
    -Mold lines and seams for daaaaaays
    -The single worst thigh-hip joint I've ever seen on a model (and that's saying something; I've built a Mad Dog Mk IV which is like Pinnacle Bad Joint Design)

The ???:
    -An Unseen model in a world about to be littered with Classics

It's a decent enough model, if you have the patience and tools. I knocked this one together in about an hour and a half, being only semi-careful.

As a bonus two models came on my sprue, so I'm going to look up a variant to build the second one into. Anyone got any good visually-distinct alts for me to consider?

Nips on
  • Options
    Probably the WHM-6D or its descendent the 9D. They don’t have the missile launcher over the shoulder which just about every other model has some kind of SRM (or occasionally an MML).

• Options
    I've already got one 6D in my collection (my preferred branch of Whammys, actually), but I'm not opposed to it.

VzUzfoYh.jpg

I wonder if something more esoteric, like the Capellan -5L with Plasma Rifles, would be more visually distinctive?

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I've already got one 6D in my collection (my preferred branch of Whammys, actually), but I'm not opposed to it.
    VzUzfoYh.jpg

I wonder if something more esoteric, like the Capellan -5L with Plasma Rifles, would be more visually distinctive?

Maybe an 10CT ? Pull the arms off a marauder if you've got one to to spare and duct tape them to the Warhammer in classic BattleTech field repairs fashion.

Edit: Maybe use some plasticard to up armor it and call it a Defiance?

see317 on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Hmm, the 7S might be a relatively easy and yet distinctive modification too. Cut down the SRM-6 to an SRM-2, then add another SRM-2 to the left torso. I think it's the only WHM variant that runs any kind of missiles in the left torso.

There's also the 8M which is basically PPCs and a Light Gauss Rifle.

Nobody on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    @Nips I wish I knew you were eyeing one. I have an entire starter box here if you want it, just pay me the shipping and it is yours. Or anybody if he doesn't want it.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Oh gods, no. I just wanted a select few things out of RRT, namely exactly what I got. I don't even want any of the other Destroids, and I didn't want more than one or two of the Tomahawk.

I did pick up a Valkyrie Wing box (the box with two Valkyries in each of the three modes), to mod one of them into a Phoenix Hawk LAM for a Crescent Hawks lance, and the other...honestly I'm not sure what to do with. I bought this despite hating the very concept of LAMs, because Crescent Hawks, because my brain is broken.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Oh gods, no. I just wanted a select few things out of RRT, namely exactly what I got. I don't even want any of the other Destroids, and I didn't want more than one or two of the Tomahawk.

I did pick up a Valkyrie Wing box (the box with two Valkyries in each of the three modes), to mod one of them into a Phoenix Hawk LAM for a Crescent Hawks lance, and the other...honestly I'm not sure what to do with. I bought this despite hating the very concept of LAMs, because Crescent Hawks, because my brain is broken.

Hahahahaha, darn I'm still looking to dump my second box off on someone one of these days. Maybe I'll just donate it to some charity and let them deal with it. I have a second box since my brother thought it would be a neat gift even though I already bought one and a few other sets to just have during the "we lost our license" clearance.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    @Betsuni I might take you up on that. I'll PM you about it before next Monday.

camo_sig2-400.png