As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Battletech] New KS - 23 Mar!

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    thats like 8 mechs worth of urbie. Maybe just throw it on the map as Mega Urb and give it 8 AC20s and like 8 times the armor.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    THE DROPSHIP HAS LANDED

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I've received a HPG transmission letting me know that the logistic company is now transporting my order.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Every Clan mech except the 2 boxed legendries in the paint shop, ready for unit assignment and paint jobs.

Gotta figure at least one star so i can prime it while the weather is still decent outside. Ive never really been a clan player, so open to suggestions.

ohTRKVO.jpg

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Every Clan mech except the 2 boxed legendries in the paint shop, ready for unit assignment and paint jobs.

Gotta figure at least one star so i can prime it while the weather is still decent outside. Ive never really been a clan player, so open to suggestions.

-snip-

I'd say do a Star of Iron Oosiks.

• Options
    Axen wrote: »

-snip-

Thats a fine idea. I need 5 mech candidates for a well rounded force of any weight class.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    My Legendary was Grayson Carlyle's Marauder. So I've decided to take all 4 Marauders and make them a special lance instead of trading any of them.

Tox on
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

-snip-

Thats a fine idea. I need 5 mech candidates for a well rounded force of any weight class.

Oh man...*goes to the drawing board*

*MEANWHILE, FROM THE OOSIK IRREGULARS PROVISIONAL MECH FACTORY*

Ran7zNEh.jpg

Hello, sailor!

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    edited October 2020

-snip-

How about a nice Scout Star?
    - Executioner
    - Executioner
    - Gargoyle
    - Gargoyle
    - Dire Wolf

Tox on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Nice!

Kintaro?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Tox wrote: »

-snip-

- Executioner
    - Executioner
    - Gargoyle
    - Gargoyle
    - Dire Wolf

What is this? Clan Steiner?

im trying to come up with soemthing not too cheezy power wise, but man... cheese is all this clan junk is

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options

-snip-

- Executioner
    - Executioner
    - Gargoyle
    - Gargoyle
    - Dire Wolf

What is this? Clan Steiner?

im trying to come up with soemthing not too cheezy power wise, but man... cheese is all this clan junk is

Oh yeah for sure. You could very likely throw darts at a board to pick the Mechs and come out with something that will stomp most anything IS.

• Options
    What is it typically in a stand up is vs clan fight; 5v8 or 5v12?

kx3klFE.png
  • Options

I think it's 5v12. 5v8 feels ridiculous

• Options

I mean it is 5 Clan lights vs 8 IS Assaults then maybe.

Though my money would be on the Clanners still.

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

Yeah, +3 units generally isn't going to cut it when "balance" between IS and Clan is like a 30 ton Clan Pack Hunter being a few points more battle value than a 75 ton IS Marauder 3R. Although there is certainly an advantage in numbers beyond what the BV tells you.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

I mean it is 5 Clan lights vs 8 IS Assaults then maybe.

Though my money would be on the Clanners still.

Especially if those 5 Clan Lights are Piranhas.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    A look inside Clan Iron Oosik's internal bidding system.

Iron Oosik 1: "Who among us shall lead in claiming this world and its contents for Clan Iron Oosik?

Iron Oosik 2: "I shall do this, on the honor of my Bloodname and after consuming two cases of the alcohol!"

Crowd: "Oooh!"

Iron Oosik 3: "On the honor of my Bloodname I shall complete this endeavor after THREE cases of the alcohol!"

Crowd: "OOOOH!"

Iron Oosik 4: "While I must admit that you two are both Ristar of Clan Iron Oosik, you are yet too young and too inexperienced to lead. I shall bring victory and honor to Clan Iron Oosik after consuming three cases of the alcohol and, AND an entire bottle of The Great Father's most favorite of vodka!"

Crowd: -goes crazy-

Axen on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    How the Iron Oosik invasion went:

"Hey pilot, I heard those Rasalhague guys have mead"

"Oh fuck yeah!" *Dropship hangs a left*

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    "We have liquor."

And with those three words, the Oosiks were Absorbed into the Ghost Bear Dominion touman.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Well i mean, with a bidding system like that, would we even bother with a trial of refusal?

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Well i mean, with a bidding system like that, would we even bother with a trial of refusal?

Trial of Refusal is just slang for what your stomach does when you drink too much.

• Options
    going through the unit color compendium looking for inspiration for a theme for Clan Iron Oosik Lambda Galaxy

quick rough and dirty base coat with the paint i have on hand with old guys i already have primered laying around. Its pretty uninspiring. Darker perhaps... maybe fancier somehow?

qki5vhulg1zf.jpg

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    SWWWWWAG!
    l1oe1tyttzmb.jpg
    2ib3h0y0266g.jpg
    8af6nad5pobl.jpg

and SALVAGE! (Congrats to Hydro who's getting most of these in trade)
    i5y4iygrt08b.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2020
    going through the unit color compendium looking for inspiration for a theme for Clan Iron Oosik Lambda Galaxy

quick rough and dirty base coat with the paint i have on hand with old guys i already have primered laying around. Its pretty uninspiring. Darker perhaps... maybe fancier somehow?
    qki5vhulg1zf.jpg

Yeah maybe darker, and maybe add some orange and some white accent/trim?

One thing to note on the coins for those who may be curious, they each come in one of those little round plastic protector thingies, which I think is nice personally. I am overall pleased with the quality of everything so far.
    Also the dice bag is pretty nice as well. Seems like the kind of quality you'd get from someone at a ren faire who does this sort of thing for a living. It's got the hand/home -made feel, but in a good way. And it's spacious!

Basically like my experience with AT&T U-Verse TV/internet. Great product! Good quality! ...Kerensky help you if you need customer service.

Tox on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I kinda regret not also picking up an FRR set just so I'd have some more Oosiky stuff.

Where's my shipment notification, wheeere?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I kinda regret not also picking up an FRR set just so I'd have some more Oosiky stuff.

You can definitely add it on, all that stuff is still in there. The dice were my main concern, and they turned out good!

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

You can definitely add it on, all that stuff is still in there. The dice were my main concern, and they turned out good!

Yeah, the pledge manager being back open again is giving me bad urges.

Do I need another lance of Urbies? Should I grab KS-exclusive stuff to put on the secondary market? Will I run dry my fun money account for the first time in my adult life?

Truly, a herculean problem I'm wrestling with.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I forget, what all is KS-exclusive besides the Legendary Mechwarriors pack?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I forget, what all is KS-exclusive besides the Legendary Mechwarriors pack?

The art on the Box Set, the Legendary mechwarriors pack, the keychain, the dog tag, Mechwarrior Pilot Cards sets II & III, the posters (which are actual ass poster sized posters y'all), the leather dice bag (which is only available as an add-on), a digital novella, and 5 digital scenarios

e: Dice bags:
    l57nt2caq7as.jpg
    0ugeaawasftd.jpg

Tox on
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Okay, thanks. Think I got all that except the dice bag. Might have to check on the pilot cards; I got a deck-sized box of one option, and two smaller packs of other options, but I keep forgetting which they all are.

Dice bag, eh... I've still got several from when TSR's Dragon Dice was a thing, lol. Could confuse the hell out of people showing up with one of them. That or they'd think it was knock-off Draconis merch.
    v4weo2om4axn.jpg
    Pic not mine, but that's the same DD bag as I have (they came in a bunch of different colors). It's not as nice as the one you got, but it works.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Dragon Dice!

*high five*!

• Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Okay, thanks. Think I got all that except the dice bag. Might have to check on the pilot cards; I got a deck-sized box of one option, and two smaller packs of other options, but I keep forgetting which they all are.

Dice bag, eh... I've still got several from when TSR's Dragon Dice was a thing, lol. Could confuse the hell out of people showing up with one of them. That or they'd think it was knock-off Draconis merch.

I got the dice bag, but I also got like 6 sets of faction swag, so it makes a little sense.

I'm realllllly wanting to get one of those LosTech dice things, but $50 for 6 dice is uggggh

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Tragedy! The Federated Commonwealth Express dropship to my location was waylaid by a Combine naval blockade. Hopefully, the captain's ineptitude bad luck won't keep my shipment off-cycle by more than a day.

Meanwhile, OI ALC/OHOL is staffed by consummate professionals and knows full well not to get stopped in transit by the Dragon. @HydroSqueegee runs a tight division!

lnsWtfhh.jpg

Nips on
  • Options
    What can i say @Nips. Our folks in the 32nd Supply Chain Operations Squadron aka "Rum Runners" know how to fly.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Combine? Doubtful I say! More likely it was those Davion dogs flying Draconis colors in a pathetic attempt to sow discord and confusion. Such is the way of those honorless cowards.

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I'm learning how to make voxel models, so for my first thingy I made a Timberwolf!
    hoz4bntiqn6a.jpg
    1k9kta1lddwy.gif

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Operator: "My Lord, we are receiving a transmission from the invaders! On all open channels!"

Lord: "Let us hear it then."

Iron Oosik: "Uhh. . . In the name of Clam Aaron ahssss. . . ahss sock? Oh sick?! We claim this whurl and itssss uh itsss- its things! For our homer- hone her- HONOR and in Karen Sky's name!"

Operator & Lord: "..."

Axen on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    "I bid Deez" *muffled giggling and shushing in the background*

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Colonel: "This is Colonel Fischer of the 27th Light Lancers, Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces. Who is this that has been so bold as to contact me personally?"

Iron Oosik: "Uh yes, this is uh.... Comstars."

Colonel: "Excuse me?"

Iron Oosik: "Is it- is it running?"

Colonel: "What? What are you talking about, make sense now!"

Iron Oosik: "The, uh... the thing. The thing for food- what? Right! Your refrigerator!"

Colonel: "...What?"

Iron Oosik: "YOU BETTER GO CATCH IT! HAHAHAHA-"

Operator: "They cut the transmission Sir."

The sequel:

Mechwarrior: "Commander, the leader of the Clanner Star is hailing us."

Commander: "Ugh, probably to issue their stupid challenge oath- thing, whatever. Maybe we can talk our way out of this fight. This is the Commander of the 1st Lance of the Caledon Rough Riders, what do you want Clanner?"

Iron Oosik: "Bondsmansayswhat."

Commander: "What?"

Iron Oosik: [most honorable giggling]

Commander: "Oh Goddammit!"

I can't wait for my stuff to arrive, I am so in love with this absurd idea.

Axen on