As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    And then my sad Amazon Fire tablet updates like a day later.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    zepherin wrote: »
    Invictus wrote: »
    Do people know when patches usually come out? early afternoon?
    They generally are available for download a day before, and then they do a bit of a split live where pc is available first in the morning and iOS usually has the update available late afternoon so the player base is split for a half day.

Yep, got nailed by this playing on android.

On the upside it was my first Barov game and I got my first five bets in a row correct! I was getting super unlucky in the actual fights, taking lots of chip damage in what should have been ties but then got a golden brann and a hogger and made some big ol' pirates to win.

And so my final OG MMR is 8637.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I’ve been getting some rage quits on this arena run I’m doing 3-1 so far but each win the opponent quit after getting controlled out. No rage friend requests...yet but we’ll see. Also arena perks half price.
    Sold son.

• Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Aight, Dibby and I are about to go try out this battlegrounds stuff soon. Feel free to tune in if you'd like to see us flounder around :P

narwhal on
    Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    EjHN3I1WsAIzi1x.png

My first win of the patch!!!!

I had three Hero Powers that game. :}

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    narwhal wrote: »
    Aight, Dibby and I are about to go try out this battlegrounds stuff soon. Feel free to tune in if you'd like to see us flounder around :P

Oh and here's Narwhal's stream if y'all wanna watch

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Elementals seem like a good time.

Q6mZM7A.png

• Options
    5-1 for arena. Yeah that’ll do. I wish I didn’t have to “do my job” or I could have gotten 6 or 7. It was a decent arena deck.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Jandice is still a massive problem. They need to nerf her and fast.

• Options
    I don’t understand the new rating or meta
    :(

• Options
    Thanks for everyone who stopped by/joined in the stream! Will be back at it again tomorrow from 4-8, so if you don't want to do the new battlegrounds alone, feel free to join!

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Jandice is still a massive problem. They need to nerf her and fast.

Don't worry, there's Rag now, which is way stronger :P

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    Millhouse with refreshing anomaly is a nice little combo.

• Options
    Elementals are pretty great.

ksf9rnwws8cg.jpeg

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    10 points to the first person to show a screenshot of 6 Amagaldons with the caption "[Tribe] are pretty good".

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Elementals are pretty great.

[snip]

i concur

unknown.png

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Lil rag seems very good.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Annnnnd the "can't reroll a quest" bug is back with the patch. Lovely.

Edit: On the plus side, I had a golden Guardian Animals.

forty on
  • Options
    Jesus, I had a 2-2 arena run parked, and the reward was a chest and a (duplicate, of course) Common. 5 dust for 2 wins. Pathetic.

• Options
    I was playing rag and got matched against the hero that never joined the game 3 times and so never completed sulfuras.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    EjI57eCXYAEJv6K.png

Playing Finley, got Millhouse's HP. Grabbed a Zerus who GENEROUSLY shifted into a Gentle Djinni the next turn which provided me with a Lil' Rags and the rest was history.

Nomi is fucking insane. That card is fucking BONANAS. Finding random 30/30 Elementals in the Tavern is just absurd. And Millhouse is CRAZY good for Elementals, holy shit.

I was lucky with the Rag pumps onto the Murloc though. That was all chance, but it was worth keeping around before I fully shifted to Elementals because it was a 10/10 and I was like "I can just slap a Toxfin on this, yeah?"

RNGesus does bless me, sometimes.

edit: Oh! And here's how much I climbed today:

EjI57eCWkAAVs1c.png

Not too bad!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I'm really, really pleased with how Elementals turned out, honestly. They are super fun to play and really effective and just good. A complete 180 of Pirates (which I still have yet to win any games with....)

I was a bit worried after Pirates!! Dragons came out and they were great, then Pirates came out and.... weren't..... And honestly I'm shocked that Pirates haven't gotten any buffs or tweaks at all?! Dragons got some baseline stat buffs fairly quickly after several minions were underperforming a bit, but Pirates have gone untouched ever since they came out. They must have the data showing that they're underperforming. I don't get it.

Oh well! Elementals are super duper fun. I love the thematics and the playstyle. They did a really nice job of working it in and making it thematically similar to how they worked in Constructed (there's a lot of stuff that's based off of playing Elementals).

Also! Having two Tribes being banned now feels.... really good! It makes games feel even more different. Really liking that a lot, and it really changes up the strategy when you see things like Murlocs and Mechs being banned because you know that Divine Shield and Poisonous are going to be practically non-existent.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I am curious what would happen at this point if Tirion were reintroduced with no changes whatsoever. Would he even be broken anymore? Or just "good"?

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    EjI57eCXYAEJv6K.png

Playing Finley, got Millhouse's HP. Grabbed a Zerus who GENEROUSLY shifted into a Gentle Djinni the next turn which provided me with a Lil' Rags and the rest was history.

Nomi is fucking insane. That card is fucking BONANAS. Finding random 30/30 Elementals in the Tavern is just absurd. And Millhouse is CRAZY good for Elementals, holy shit.

I was lucky with the Rag pumps onto the Murloc though. That was all chance, but it was worth keeping around before I fully shifted to Elementals because it was a 10/10 and I was like "I can just slap a Toxfin on this, yeah?"

EjI57eCWkAAVs1c.png

Not too bad!

I’m surprised your first places and top four finishes aren’t higher...that means I play more BG than you and I’m worst at it :bigfrown:

• Options
    Golden lil rag and big rag is pretty bonkers. My golden kalec couldn’t even stand up to that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    EjI57eCXYAEJv6K.png

EjI57eCWkAAVs1c.png

Not too bad!

I’m surprised your first places and top four finishes aren’t higher...that means I play more BG than you and I’m worst at it :bigfrown:

Hmmm I had been playing somewhat casually for a while, I don't really go super hard on it. Prior to the reset my highest MMR was 8.5k I think? And then I dropped to 7.5, got back to 8, dropped to 7.8, got back to 8.2....

But before that, I had been struggling really hard to even break past 4k. I was hard stuck there for a good long while and then received a lot of valuable advice from people in the thread (including having people watch some of my games).

And then I read several guides, watched a lot of streams, started to pick up on things... Got to 6k, then got stuck for a bit again, got to 7k, got stuck again... I dunno! People learn at different speeds, I guess, I've generally been a pretty quick learner. It's an entirely different mode from Constructed but I like to think my skill from that carried over a bit as well.

I wouldn't worry about it too much! You'll get there, everyone has different speeds.

Edit: I mean, I've been playing Constructed since the beginning and I didn't hit Legend until like... KnC I think??

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    EjI57eCXYAEJv6K.png

EjI57eCWkAAVs1c.png

Not too bad!

Hmmm I had been playing somewhat casually for a while, I don't really go super hard on it. Prior to the reset my highest MMR was 8.5k I think? And then I dropped to 7.5, got back to 8, dropped to 7.8, got back to 8.2....

But before that, I had been struggling really hard to even break past 4k. I was hard stuck there for a good long while and then received a lot of valuable advice from people in the thread (including having people watch some of my games).

And then I read several guides, watched a lot of streams, started to pick up on things... Got to 6k, then got stuck for a bit again, got to 7k, got stuck again... I dunno! People learn at different speeds, I guess, I've generally been a pretty quick learner. It's an entirely different mode from Constructed but I like to think my skill from that carried over a bit as well.

I wouldn't worry about it too much! You'll get there, everyone has different speeds.

Edit: I mean, I've been playing Constructed since the beginning and I didn't hit Legend until like... KnC I think??

I hear you but I was pushing 6500 before the reset.
    And I played a lot of games.

mho724y7amnm.jpeg

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Most disgusting thing I've seen so far was a Lich King that put reborn on Gentle Djinni and a Rivendare backing it up. 4 free minions a turn...

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Jandice is a little good with the Lookout.

xyvm8frh1vob.jpg

I got the Lookout from a triple and then every turn was generating Murlocs and poison. I grabbed any Nadina's that I could see so that the Dragon player couldn't have them and it worked.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    I think Jandy has so much potential outside of Pogo stacking but Pogos are just such insane bullshit that I don't ever get to try out other stuff. It's always the best play. Hmmmm...

Maybe one day.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I think Jandy has so much potential outside of Pogo stacking but Pogos are just such insane bullshit that I don't ever get to try out other stuff. It's always the best play. Hmmmm...

Maybe one day.

No Mechs during that run so I thought, what the hell, and went for Murlocs. I got Tidecaller early and cycled that for a triple which got the Lookout. Felt good to kill off all the OP Elementals in the end.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    back at it if anyone wants to join/watch on stream :D

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't think anyone is sleeping on Ragnaros. Early stats are showing him to be broken as fuck.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I think I might be done with BG until they nerf Jandice or remove pogos

Its just an instant loss every time you go against her after turn 6 or 7, and I'm tired of it.

• Options
    ronzo wrote: »
    I think I might be done with BG until they nerf Jandice or remove pogos

Its just an instant loss every time you go against her after turn 6 or 7, and I'm tired of it.
    Easy counter, just get offered Ragnaros. :rotate:

• Options
    Because BGs weren't animation laggy enough, Nomi introduces a new kind: tavern refresh lag.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Because BGs weren't animation laggy enough, Nomi introduces a new kind: tavern refresh lag.

That's actually kind of a feature because it instantly tells you whether you hit an elemental or not. If it doesn't lag, smash that reroll button.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    forty wrote: »

That's actually kind of a feature because it instantly tells you whether you hit an elemental or not. If it doesn't lag, smash that reroll button.

Yeah I was gonna say I actually love that

It's like yellow glow on cards in Constructed

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Phew, back to 6.5k MMR. Gonna have to work again now for my rating, but I'm happy it didn't take very long to climb back up this far at least. I was getting 300 for any top 3's plus almost nothing negative for losses all the way up until 6k, so didn't take long at all :D

narwhal on
    Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    EjNCtdRXsAAhlFa.jpg

WHEN THE GAME DECIDES TO JUST GIVE YOU THE PERFECT FUCKING JARAXXUS START

literally four demons over the first four turns of the game

i got SECOND PLACE

becauseeeee it's hard for Jaraxxo to get 1st and it's hard to beat Elementals or Poisonous or whatever the fuck with Demons

but HEY second place is not bad for being Demon Tirion

DNiDlnb.png