As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    ujk29umbnz6f.png

@Shatania gifted me today! Aww... look, a game about cute cats... >.>

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    All I've learned here is that I need to play more Chimera Squad and find those other cool cops to put into my squad instead of the dumb guy that changes places with people.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    908b5WE.png
    Battle Four

@Iolo vs @tacticalheadache
    Iolo had posted some fliers around town because he was looking for a new roommate.
    Tacticalheadache came across one. Which was perfect because he'd just been kicked out of his last place. But found the offer was a questionable arrangement.
    JFAwqS2.jpg
    A devious plan was put into motion, he used the computers at the library to scan the flier, adjust the image with the scissors icon, and reprint it.
    He proudly displayed the flier to Iolo, demanding he honor the arrangement.
    5TxVbEa.jpg
    In a rage Iolo chanted IN BET YLEM and destroyed the one bedroom building with a hail of stones after signing the agreement and taking TH's money.
    ZWVDfxc.jpg
    In the end Iolo moved in with the Bane of Insanity instead. Iolo wins. And that concept is stretched as far as it will go.
    Next up is

akajaybay on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I picked up Divinity: OS/2 Warp on a sale the other day and started to give it a try. I was not prepared for The Red Prince's voice acting.

I was expecting something more sssserpentine, but instead I got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nerv5YEiJok

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    And while Torque is lots of fun, I find that I lean on Verge quite a bit, and he's an easy pick for "last operative through this breach point has his/her weapon disabled." I'm not using his gun hardly ever anyhow.

I tend to send Torque in last because if there isn't a good target during the breach she can always spit a 100% hit poison shot at someone instead.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I picked up Divinity: OS/2 Warp

If it actually ran on OS/2 I'd buy it just for the novelty.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Woof, Amazon's Crucible feels like a total dog to me, but it is free on Steam, so I'm probably just not the intended target - I mean people still play old shooters, so maybe this isn't that bad in comparison?

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Woof, Amazon's Crucible feels like a total dog to me, but it is free on Steam, so I'm probably just not the intended target - I mean people still play old shooters, so maybe this isn't that bad in comparison?

I don’t really understand most of what you’re putting out here. What does it being free mean for you? There are plenty of high quality free to play games. Like, many.

Also not really getting the “old shooter” comparison. This game seems to be targeting a PvPvE niche that there’s ostensibly a market for, given the audience for games like The Hunt: Showdown and Destiny’s Gambit mode; arguably mobas fill this role to an extent as well. Battleborn and Gigantic probably could have done decently well in this space too if they’d been marketed remotely well.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited May 2020

I don’t really understand most of what you’re putting out here. What does it being free mean for you? There are plenty of high quality free to play games. Like, many.

Also not really getting the “old shooter” comparison. This game seems to be targeting a PvPvE niche that there’s ostensibly a market for, given the audience for games like The Hunt: Showdown and Destiny’s Gambit mode; arguably mobas fill this role to an extent as well. Battleborn and Gigantic probably could have done decently well in this space too if they’d been marketed remotely well.

You're absolutely right. It appears to be more than passable in the free shooter arena (I've only given it about an hour so far, so I admit I'm not being fair). But for the first release from Amazon's "studio," it stinks. imnsho.

Straygatsby on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

You're absolutely right. It appears to be more than passable in the free shooter arena (I've only given it about an hour so far, so I admit I'm not being fair). But for the first release from Amazon's "studio," it stinks. imnsho.

I don't know anything about Crucible, but I've played a fair bit of New World, Amazon's upcoming MMO, and it's pretty damn good. I was especially impressed with how they are super about listening to feedback and have been willing to scrap and/or re-do just about anything in the game if it didn't seem to be working or well-liked. I think they'll do pretty good as a studio eventually.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options

I don't know anything about Crucible, but I've played a fair bit of New World, Amazon's upcoming MMO, and it's pretty damn good. I was especially impressed with how they are super about listening to feedback and have been willing to scrap and/or re-do just about anything in the game if it didn't seem to be working or well-liked. I think they'll do pretty good as a studio eventually.

I'm holding out hope for New World. I spoke to someone in I guess what would be Alpha a few months ago, and they said the same thing you did (they were listening a lot, made a bunch of iterations/changes, etc...). Still, launching a new MMO as a marquis property has gotta be daunting. I hope for it.

In retrospect I'm also being unnecessarily mean to Crucible. This could turn out to be amazing or it could turn out to be Anthem - way too early to tell.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Snowpiercer's got a Netflix show. Trains are in the air!

signature.png

Trains!!

@captaink wins - all aboard!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Grabbed Gta 5 on the EGS and have the $10 coupon.

Trying to decide between Satisfactory and Control.

Don't know much about Control but it looks and sounds neat.

I know they are two very different games but..

Good Steam Thread folks, what do you recommend?

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I have yet to play either, but here's what I know

Control is the best game Remedy has ever made.

Satisfactory is like what if Minecraft was just about building?

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Doing playthroughs of both Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Berseria right now.

Pretty trippy to go back and forth between where it all started and where it all currently is.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options

It was PS4/XB1 only, but I had a good time with The Grand Tour Game, and that was from Amazon Games, as well.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I like Verge because of his mind control powers, but also he has an ability that lets you chain kills together, and I've only used it once but it was great to clear out an entire room of mooks with a few HP left each.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Doing playthroughs of both Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Berseria right now.

Pretty trippy to go back and forth between where it all started and where it all currently is.

Phantasia may be the game with the weakest Indignation (in that stronger spells exist)? I know it was a top tier spell in Symphonia, and after that quickly got escalated to mystic arte (RIP Indignation Judgement).

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Props to Cless for being able to use more than just a sword.

Not enough JRPG heroes use a badass axe.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    cncaudata wrote: »
    Hevach wrote: »
    I don't know about bad rats and at this point I'm afraid to ask.

IIRC, it was a puzzle game in the vein of lemmings.

If it's so terrible, why are you making me want it? Lemmings is one of my earliest gaming memories (I'm older than that, I just have a terrible memory). It's making me think of a similar game that had cavemen, and you got to discover the wheel and go roller-coastering down hills and off jumps to solve the puzzles, but I can't think of the name.

Bad Rats has an utterly abysmal and inconsistent physics system.
    azith28 wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Man, I was so close.

Hades is a son of a bitch to fight. And I hated the fucking Hydra.

trust me, soon youll be saying ' meh, hydra'. Hades is a different kind of fight. hes much more defensive. i suggest starting to use the shield, focus on upgrades that add to your dodge, and shield throw damage and play keepaway while pinging him with the shield.

Yeah, that didn't work out so well.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

If it's so terrible, why are you making me want it? Lemmings is one of my earliest gaming memories (I'm older than that, I just have a terrible memory). It's making me think of a similar game that had cavemen, and you got to discover the wheel and go roller-coastering down hills and off jumps to solve the puzzles, but I can't think of the name.

It's still a bad game.

The game you are thinking of is The Humans.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Humans_(video_game)

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Bad Rats has an utterly abysmal and inconsistent physics system.
    azith28 wrote: »
    Man, I was so close.

Hades is a son of a bitch to fight. And I hated the fucking Hydra.

trust me, soon youll be saying ' meh, hydra'. Hades is a different kind of fight. hes much more defensive. i suggest starting to use the shield, focus on upgrades that add to your dodge, and shield throw damage and play keepaway while pinging him with the shield.

Yeah, that didn't work out so well.

obviously you have to work at it a bit. took me about 30 runs before i beat hades for the first time i think.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    908b5WE.png
    Battle Five
    @bloodatonement VS @CorriganX
    RhpAwMJ.jpg
    But Corrigan was not an ordinary Quaggan. He gave the greedy human his pet bloodstone rock to imbue him with water breathing, until they were deep down underwater where it betrayed him and removed the spell.
    qhV9swF.jpg
    So uh CorriganX's rock beats Bloodatonements scissors.
    Next in line is
    @Jclast vs @Berylline pm me your choice of weapons when you can

akajaybay on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Awesome for your post. Not for my defeat.

Today is the 40th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back.

I downloaded Mysteries of the Sith and followed this guide and fired up the hidden Bespin level. Hopefully there will be enough time this evening to play through.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    So I just finished up Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?! (again). This is easily the best and most polished early access game I've ever played. And I didn't care for the restaurant customization in the first 2 games, but I love hanging up postcards and arranging models of my rivals in my food truck. If you enjoyed either of the first 2 games then give 3 a shot. It blows it out of the water.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Awesome for your post. Not for my defeat.

Today is the 40th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back.

I downloaded Mysteries of the Sith and followed this guide and fired up the hidden Bespin level. Hopefully there will be enough time this evening to play through.

Empire at war is calling me.....and tie fighter.....and galactic battlegrounds....and republic commando......but not kotor 2 becuase I have another rpg to finish.

Be real nice to have some dark forces esqu games again.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I need for price gouging on XB1 controllers w/wireless receivers to stop happening before I can consider returning to CSD1. A Steam controller would just be absolute shit for that and others.

• Options
    I understand that it came to consoles and that controllers are supported, but after playing all 3 with the keyboard I can't imagine trying to make complicated dishes with a controller.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    I understand that it came to consoles and that controllers are supported, but after playing all 3 with the keyboard I can't imagine trying to make complicated dishes with a controller.

I tried playing with a keyboard and couldn't keep the keys straight in my head. A controller made more sense to me.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Some things I had lying around. Open to PA G&T

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

repost for the weekend folks.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

It's Thursday.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Steam needs to fucking fix its patching.

I've deleted 4 games, clearing up over 100 GB, and Total Warhammer 2 is still telling me "herp derp you don't have enough disk space to update this game!!"

edit: Finally got it to go through by deleting 4 MORE games, installed to a separate hard drive than the one TW2 is installed on that had the 100g of free space. Because yeah, that makes sense.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

It's Thursday.

It's Blursday the fortyteenth of Maprilay.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Not if you're home on quarantine
    I wish I was home on quarantine

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    ITS SPRING CLEANING TIME!

k7JjjgO.png

ITS SO CUTE!

D0K3pXZ.gif

Bedlam on
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Reminder that the third annual Destroyah's Memorial Day and Memorial Day Adjacent Giveaways are still ongoing!

Running with a new favorite and a couple old classics this time and a personal nostalgia-filled classic. Now with a surprise late entrant.
    (Had to wait for SteamGifts to update to add in the last one)

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

All end at noon cst on May 28th. Open to any members of G&T Adventure steam group.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

I've deleted 4 games, clearing up over 100 GB, and Total Warhammer 2 is still telling me "herp derp you don't have enough disk space to update this game!!"

edit: Finally got it to go through by deleting 4 MORE games, installed to a separate hard drive than the one TW2 is installed on that had the 100g of free space. Because yeah, that makes sense.

https://github.com/jonathanlermitage/tikione-steam-cleaner/releases

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    I am still alive, people! However, @cardboard delusions has just ensured my doom. There is an alien invasion that I'm sure will overwhelm myself and my troops on the way, in the form of XCOM2! Thanks bruh!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

https://github.com/jonathanlermitage/tikione-steam-cleaner/releases
    This repository has been archived by the owner. It is now read-only.

This discussion has been closed.