As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Train] Ive got fire in my caboose! Last Divinity dlc in beta!

1121314151618»

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Ye, I'm still holding off on the DLC until I (hopefully not too far in the future) hit Cov 25. Still got more to experience with the base game as it is.

I'd forgotten you can reform champions even though I've done it a ton with Flicker, so that's silly of me. The Endless one still feels a lot more fool-proof and has great synergy with Icarus in giving it quick too, play it at the front of a room every turn and be super likely to get two slays per turn. But I can give the other lines more of a try with that knowledge.

Also, pain.

dy9q48p4j7yf.jpg

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Little Fade is probably the toughest champion to figure out how to play optimally, so don't worry about it too much.

A holdover Molded or Wicked Blaze is a good alternative to endless as well.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    I've been trying to do clear the DLC final boss on every combination, and for the life of me, stygian/umbra seems impossible. Like the closest I came was that I had a ridiculous combo of the new stygian unit that adds an attack for every spell, fused with the big umbra collossus guy (the 200 atk one), once I got him going there was no stopping me, but on the last boss, I got a bad draw and he didn't come out till like turn 3 or 4, and it was just hosed by then. :(

Any strat that depends on morsels just seems so difficult on the last boss because of that sweeping top row. Unless you get the item that gives your morsels shield, or the new umbra guy that eats morsels as you summon them, the top row is just off limits :(

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I've been trying to do clear the DLC final boss on every combination, and for the life of me, stygian/umbra seems impossible. Like the closest I came was that I had a ridiculous combo of the new stygian unit that adds an attack for every spell, fused with the big umbra collossus guy (the 200 atk one), once I got him going there was no stopping me, but on the last boss, I got a bad draw and he didn't come out till like turn 3 or 4, and it was just hosed by then. :(

Any strat that depends on morsels just seems so difficult on the last boss because of that sweeping top row. Unless you get the item that gives your morsels shield, or the new umbra guy that eats morsels as you summon them, the top row is just off limits :(

Yup, morsels fell off a cliff in the DLC. You need winged technology, hold-over (+ intrinsic) feast, morsel-made, or hold-over sap/frenzied swarm (+ intrinsic) to make top floor Divinity work in that combo. All medium or high rolls to hit. Grovel, Gem Trove also can do it, as well as Chain of Gems (lets you play at least one morsel a turn, so with like, a hold over Making of a Morsel... at least you get quality).

To your first part - turn 3 or 4? How many draw-priority units did you have? Going over two* in the DLC is really, really risky. It's why infusing units is so strong in the DLC - lets you stack effects and save on draws/scaling time.

* - unless you can easily stack them with minor reflection, or ways of having a huge floor, etc. but that's also a scaling uptime risk as well if you need to get them all in play + playing cards unless you have ways around solving energy of course.

Naphtali on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Ah fucknuggets now I need to buy the DLC.

dbblz1en7k0w.jpg

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH I picked it back up today and I got to the last divinity for the first time with a broken as shit Little Fade build but got thrown off by how the relentless works AND MY LITTLE FADE NOT DYING BY *FOUR* HP ON THE PENULTIMATE TURN SO I COULDN'T PUT HER ON THE FLOOR WITH MY MELEE WEAKNESS DUDER

I did ~4k damage when it had 5.5k HP

I'm a 'lil mad.

28mfbbzoucb7.jpg

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Yeah that deck is trying to do too much and is too big, plus going very high on shards. Even with the Advanced Prototype, I'd have just focused on buffing up the Railbeater (give them multistrike+something else for survival), duplicate it, and run them with Firelight Fade (I am assuming you had Firelight Fade here)

Also endless stealth tomb when you had multiple Engulfed in Smoke... I get you were probably trying to protect multiple floors, but with a smaller deck you could go with one or the other. Ideally you want to aim for hitting around 20+ cards with at least 6+ card draw so you're seeing your whole deck within the first three draws to minimize real bad rng

Naphtali on
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Yeah that deck is trying to do too much and is too big, plus going very high on shards. Even with the Advanced Prototype, I'd have just focused on buffing up the Railbeater (give them multistrike+something else for survival), duplicate it, and run them with Firelight Fade (I am assuming you had Firelight Fade here)

Also endless stealth tomb when you had multiple Engulfed in Smoke... I get you were probably trying to protect multiple floors, but with a smaller deck you could go with one or the other. Ideally you want to aim for hitting around 20+ cards with at least 6+ card draw so you're seeing your whole deck within the first three draws to minimize real bad rng

I appreciate the advice but it literally did not matter, this was a run where I was actively taking bad cards to gold them because it was such a free win. I literally just needed to play better in the last two turns.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    signature.png

Open to the two PA groups