As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Train] Ive got fire in my caboose! Last Divinity dlc in beta!

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Yeah, I used to go for the extra ember relic early on, but now I’ve started to pretty consistently go for more space. Fitting bigger or more numerous targets on a floor is real helpful, and outside of that big hellhorned boy, I can’t think of anything expensive enough that I desperately need extra ember.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I typically favour space upgrades, followed by energy.

Card draw I feel like I never need.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Most games, 2 cap upgrades.
    Stygian main without spell cheapen ability, energy > draw.
    Stygian main with spell cheapen ability, draw > draw.
    Games where I don't take every minion offered for some reason, cap > draw.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

Feel almost opposite. Unless I'm going Umbra or reform Remnant, space is almost never a real concern, and if I don't have my floors pretty much set by Fel, I'm already in trouble. Draw, however, makes sure that you have maximal uptime on your best spells if you can't put Holdover on all of them. It also makes sure you can get your floors up and running all the faster. Energy I only really go for if I've got an expensive unit that's tetchy to put out (ie usually Horned), or if I've been able to put Holdover on enough of the spells I want to spam by that point.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Hell yeah. Cov 6 down, winstreak at 3.

Hellhorn/Stygian this time. Honestly just a big ol multi/rage, with some powerful spell backup. Frozen Tiresome climb saved the run, letting me ascend one of those stupid nasty archers that would have killed Dante, and isntead letting him rip the poor seraph to shreds.

it was even the Sapping seraph, but uh... i dindt really notice.
    3992E07343BA632DC2E7365C3530FB52CD6FD33A

This defintely feels easier than StS. a lot more random, but with the randomness comes a lot of varinace you can lean into.

Though i'm amused that so far this game's version of Snecko Eye seems kinda terrible. Probably because it's harder to draft around/lean into, compared to StS.

Energy just plain isn't as much of an issue with being able to reduce the cost of expensive spells, and there not being all that many expensive spells to begin with, so something that is likely to bump up cards to 3 energy is... really not great.

Volatile Gauge is really fun with Split Anvil tho. Probably the most fun I've had in a run.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I wish I knew that piercing bypassed spell shield way sooner

• Options
    Quid wrote: »

Spell shield also only blocks damage, but not any other effects spells apply. Oh no, you're blocking like 6 damage but still getting hit with the 16 Frostbite. Whatever will I do.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I am the implord.

anyway that's cov 7 down. I have been playing for 15 hours, and have cov 8 unlocked, i think i'm doing pretty well >.>;;
    579D698882B7F890F9F73A3E605F159154F832C01E20757A1A08EE99C2DF15851C5F4A4E4FB5A328

Double Transcendimp, Imp in a box, Impcicle, and a bunch of melting stuff to make the imps recursive. Endless Transcendimps? Oh and i guess i had Consumer of Crowns and upgraded Spikedriver colonies too, those were there.

Not that it actually mattered, because Seraph never made it off the first floor. Poor fucker.

On the energy/space/draw debate - i'm leaning towards energy/draw mostly. Draw is particularly valuable, energy can be good if you've not create a bunch of 0 cost shennagins somehow. Space increases in value when you're doing silly imp spam like i was and need room to fit everything in.

The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options

Spell shield also only blocks damage, but not any other effects spells apply. Oh no, you're blocking like 6 damage but still getting hit with the 16 Frostbite. Whatever will I do.

I don't like most of Stygian but I love frostbite more than any other effect

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular

Feel almost opposite. Unless I'm going Umbra or reform Remnant, space is almost never a real concern, and if I don't have my floors pretty much set by Fel, I'm already in trouble. Draw, however, makes sure that you have maximal uptime on your best spells if you can't put Holdover on all of them. It also makes sure you can get your floors up and running all the faster. Energy I only really go for if I've got an expensive unit that's tetchy to put out (ie usually Horned), or if I've been able to put Holdover on enough of the spells I want to spam by that point.

Yea see, I tend to not lean on spells that much, and if I do have a few of them, I slap Holdover on them (and remove the shitty ones from my deck). Meanwhile, all of my minions typically end up growing as I go along, and 5 pips per room just feels really small.

Characters
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I feel like my pyre upgrades end up being like 45% draw, 35% space, 20% Ember

Reduced spell cost is always available in shops, which makes the need for extra Ember less.

Although Ember helps counteract Emberdrain, which can be brutal

• Options
    Every time I ember drain, I end up stacking it like, 8 stacks at a time.

Characters
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Every time I ember drain, I end up stacking it like, 8 stacks at a time.

I mostly mean the assholes who inflict it on you. Particularly the ones with Sweep

• Options
    DkVqsGUh.png

I love Melting Remnant so much

• Options
    6BdG6Ir.png

S W O L E morsels.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    it's ok, my Hornless Prince died? Resin Block and holdover Molded don't give a damn. in fact, I thank you. He ended up slapping Seraph for 600+ damage a round thanks to 3 hits and just constant constant growth whether he was slaying enemies or burning out and being reformed

also had a silly combo going with imp sacrificing and the Petrified Skull Encounterx2 giving me free permanent removal on any nonboss i could bring back with Imp Scholar (which i could then reform and resummon)

unknown.png?width=1126&height=631

melting remnant seems weird at first but just feels really crazy once you get a solid grasp on how you can abuse reform

Orphane on
  • Options
    There's no such thing as overkill.

AgbHkDc.png

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Sometimes you just get the easy wins

y2oi3z4crgia.jpg

Yeah that's a snecko's eye, with 3 shadowsieges.

They all have quick. One of them has multistrike. Furnace tap can give them MORE multi strike.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    melting remnant seems weird at first but just feels really crazy once you get a solid grasp on how you can abuse reform

Reform is really strong. Melting remnant without reform is so lackluster

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Cov 8 down.

Finally actually won one as Umbra. Starting with the relic that gives you a morsel every turn makes Umbra work a lot more smoothly. Getting a bunch of nuke spells that can take out crowds? Even more smoothly. Getting Snecko Eye, Split Anvil etc...
    3B462D64452CDCB4986BF6AA2005B8F7401E13A7

Yeah. Ran over things pretty hard.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Have a run going right now where I start with +7 energy and just got the artifact that carries unused energy over. Still need something to push the power spike over the top though.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Annnd then i polished off Cov 9 as a bonus. Really neat Frost stacking deck that used (Abused) a Holdover Awoken Railspike (with consume removed from it), + The First HEll Pact. So evnetually all my spells were free to cast, and i drew massive amounts each turn, letting me crush things with Titanstooth, while feeding minions to a cuttlehex. (My bottom floor usually ended up full with Guardian Stone, Tethys, Coldcellia, and Titan sentry sticking everything with massive amounts of frost and armor)

Getting cuttlebeard just sort of clinched things - it was the Seraph who cleanses debuffs, but that didnt help him much.
    A15765CD0038ACE0B9AF3691C78443DB8AF66F63

Morsels are way easier to use when you get stuff that makes them for you, i have to say. Or ways to make em free.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Annnd then i polished off Cov 9 as a bonus. Really neat Frost stacking deck that used (Abused) a Holdover Awoken Railspike (with consume removed from it), + The First HEll Pact. So evnetually all my spells were free to cast, and i drew massive amounts each turn, letting me crush things with Titanstooth, while feeding minions to a cuttlehex. (My bottom floor usually ended up full with Guardian Stone, Tethys, Coldcellia, and Titan sentry sticking everything with massive amounts of frost and armor)

Getting cuttlebeard just sort of clinched things - it was the Seraph who cleanses debuffs, but that didnt help him much.

Morsels are way easier to use when you get stuff that makes them for you, i have to say. Or ways to make em free.

Wait until you start messing around with Remnant/Umbra.

Reform with Holdover, or even better yet, a zero cost Reform with Holdover, is ridiculous on its own, but doubly so for Umbra/Remnant. You just need to spawn one of the Lifedrain morsels, and then can respawn it every turn. Especially if you can combine it with a Morselmeister to double up on your sweeper.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    A bit of a weird question, but do any of y'all know how games like this and Slay the Spire jive with touch screens? My netbook is dying and I was wondering if getting a stronger convertible laptop (like a Surface) that can run these would be worthwhile.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Gee I don't know if my damage shield plan is going to work against Seraph, what with his 3x attack.

bklpmx5rxhgi.jpg
    What's that you say, 22 stacks of damage shield while swinging back with 140X4 is enough?

color me surprised.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    A bit of a weird question, but do any of y'all know how games like this and Slay the Spire jive with touch screens? My netbook is dying and I was wondering if getting a stronger convertible laptop (like a Surface) that can run these would be worthwhile.

I can try installing 'em later and let you know. Been trying to keep my tablet more of a tool than a gaming device, but I'm curious myself!

• Options
    Corv 10 town. Stygian/Umbra

Ended up being a werid snecko/spell weakness deck, with an Overgorger (duplicated before the final boss) constantly kept fed by a morselmaker. Not that seraph actually MADE it to the 216 str Morselmaker, but it's the thought that counts.

Debating just running Melting/Umbra until i grab all their cardunlocks for now.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I've found Morselmakers to be super bad, personally. The two morsels they create are the crap ones, and that fills up space that could be used for the better ones, which you want to be generating en masse in some way. Morselmasters, on the other hand...

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    morselmakers are really good to just quietly feed an overgorger or something while you just use 2 floors for most of your work, or anything where you basically don't care about the buffs and just want the gorge/harvest triggers.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I've liked putting a Morselmaker with the double Morsel guy on the top floor with the Remnant guy that has Harvest: 5 gold. 20 gold a turn is pretty nice.

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    morselmakers are really good to just quietly feed an overgorger or something while you just use 2 floors for most of your work, or anything where you basically don't care about the buffs and just want the gorge/harvest triggers.

That's exactly what i was using mine for - Stuffing the Overgorger to the gills and not caring about anything else.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Because of Intent on Death, Legion of Wax, and a Large Stone I have broken the game before reaching Daedalus

x9udr47pli77.png

Quid on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Having not unlocked the candle or eating factions, I have no idea what’s going on in some of these screenshots. Can’t wait to come back in a few weeks and be like “Daaaaamn!”

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Umbra and Remnant follow the Zapp Brannigan philosophy of warfare

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Umbra and Remnant follow the Zapp Brannigan philosophy of warfare

Umbra even has killbots. Very lazy killbots.

• Options
    doublestack furnace tap is just my favorite thing

"hmm, my penumbra is doing 600 damage to Seraph. let me just cast this on the--oh they're dead"

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

"hmm, my penumbra is doing 600 damage to Seraph. let me just cast this on the--oh they're dead"

Morsels getting ressed by Waxen, when you've got the candle that makes them explode when they're then eaten is also great. Just this contsant chain of super buff morsels ripping stuff up, then buffing other things as they go out in ablaze of glory.

• Options
    edited June 2020

Yet another example of the disgusting synergy that Remnant and Umbra have is Furnace Tap and Wickless Recruitment (0 cost, remove all burnout and debuffs from a unit). Even Resin Removal (1 cost, remove all debuffs) works too though, and that's just an uncommon.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I didn't know about endless imps. endless imps are great

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    OkTZnxa.png

The sad thing here isn't that Seraph was going to die even before reaching Punch-Robo's floor.

It's that I wasn't able to put my second Doublestack Furnace Tap on him.

ztrEPtD.gif