Options

[Apex Legends]: Breakout is here! 5 years of ApeLegs!

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    caustic was too much damage for too long. So you had to nerf the slow, the length or the damage. They chose damage. I think it's the best compromise that keeps his kit intact.

5/tick is pathetic though

you can literally pop a syringe and keep pace with the damage

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Woo, I went 2 years in between my first two wins, and then tonight I won two in a row with Octane lol

of course for the next hour or two after that I never made it past round 1, but :rotate:

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    schuss wrote: »
    caustic was too much damage for too long. So you had to nerf the slow, the length or the damage. They chose damage. I think it's the best compromise that keeps his kit intact.

5/tick is pathetic though

you can literally pop a syringe and keep pace with the damage

You still are slowed and have gas in your face obstructing. Goes along with their goal of gunplay being primary for damage over abilities.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I managed to rack up 1000 kills on my main!

eiz2qyjdey6c.jpg

Unfortunately this has not made me magically good at the game, but what can you do? I'm kinda glad they're adding in the assists tracker in the next update, I feel like I quite often bring someone low before having to duck back to reload and my teammates can mop up, I'm not very good at pressing the advantage I think.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Man they really did just destroy Caustic with double nerfs to both gas damage and ult cd while Horizon gets off with a nerf that... doesn't let her get her free ult+nade combo quite as often???? Not really the problem per se with that particular combination but ok

Mastiff nerf is a long time coming tbh

My only issue with Horizon is that ridiculous side to side motion she gets during her Q. She's so damn hard to hit!

• Options
    Campy wrote: »
    Man they really did just destroy Caustic with double nerfs to both gas damage and ult cd while Horizon gets off with a nerf that... doesn't let her get her free ult+nade combo quite as often???? Not really the problem per se with that particular combination but ok

Mastiff nerf is a long time coming tbh

My only issue with Horizon is that ridiculous side to side motion she gets during her Q. She's so damn hard to hit!

That's one of the things but ult + arc star is basically as free as it gets unless you react to immediately destroy the ult or have help from a teammate

• Options
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Is anyone else getting a persistent fps stuttering issue? I used to have some FPS problems because the game was trying to max out FPS and was sucking up CPU like mad, which I fixed capping the framerate, but at some point like every 5 seconds the game just drops frames and stutters, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    I get more stutters with capped frames vs non.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Used all my crafting material to grab the event Loba skin, too cool to resist, and her little helmet plume has motion physics so it wobbles around all over the place, which is hilarious.

Got a pretty decent game early on, mostly carried by a Bang who knew what she was doing, almost threw the whole thing when I thought my team were pushing into a building and went for a flank through a window only to find myself all alone, but we managed to scrape through that mishap and hold a strong position in the final ring with my ramparts. I like the heat shield dome so far, it's a neat feature. Also the R301 is basically a laser beam, huh? Even I feel like I can aim that thing pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjrmYEzcwe8

On the other hand I've had a whole bunch of this happening recently, which is pretty frustrating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRhcQJsOvnM

Do they have a place you're supposed to send clips of bugs in when you encounter them? I guess this one is pretty common and recurring, but I would like to not have to deal with it anymore!

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Loba’s bracelet not working in a bunch of locations is a known issue. I think it’s something they seem to have to fix on a per map basis, and it may re-break every time they adjust a map.

• Options
    Oh yes, I'm well aware, normally I find it doesn't work on more angled geometry and this is obviously as flat a surface as you can find. It must be a pretty complicated ability to code given the persistent troubles with it i guess.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Just booted up the game for this event, is there no way to earn event items without paying for them or crafting materials?

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Just booted up the game for this event, is there no way to earn event items without paying for them or crafting materials?

Correct. I think some of the events in the first year of the game granting a Collection pack as part of its track, and the recent Anniversary event had 3, but this is how things have been for a while.

• Options
    That's lame :/
    How the hell are you supposed to earn that many crafting materials anyway, I've played on and off for like 3 or 4 seasons and I have 900

• Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    I think you probably know the answer. You use real money or play a lot.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    How the hell are you supposed to earn that many crafting materials anyway, I've played on and off for like 3 or 4 seasons and I have 900

This came up earlier this year, so I'll just copy my post from then:
    ronzo wrote: »
    I was hoping you'd be able to get some of the exclusives from just playing, not necessarily as event rewards but at least in regular Apex packs during the event and I'm not sure they'll even show up in them. I'd lament foolishly spending my shards to get a legendary right before this event came out, but it probably doesn't matter since they're twice the price of the regular legendaries.

And the event exclusive loot boxes are 7$ a pop, sure it's at least a guaranteed epic or legendary but still. This whole thing reeks of money grubbing. I understand that skins and the like are their bread and butter, Apex being free and all, but having loot boxes at all still even in a F2P game is scummy as hell on its own, the inflated prices to by even the gamble boxes let alone the like 20$ you'd need to plop down for every legendary in this event.

not to make excuses for their overall greed, but the system of "$7 weighted loot box or marked-up crafting materials" has been in place since the blowback from the first event, Iron Crown. During that event, skins were ONLY unlock able through the $7 loot box, and you could only get 2 of those for free (one as a true freebie, the other after a lot of playtime). The community basically blew up on them, and they listed all the skins on rotation for coins during the rest of the rotation, with the promise that future events would be done better.

The compromise was that future events would still have the loot boxes @$7 (with no freebies), but each cosmetic would be directly purchasable and craft-able for a set, known amount. You could know that if you saved up 800/2400 crafting mats, you'd be able to buy at least 1 thing you wanted. They also added the event reward tracks for actually free-with-playtime-only rewards.

Basically, the two ways that Respawn is willing to do is "a few freebies, but at the complete mercy of RNG" or "no freebies, but you can nearly always directly buy what you want, or save up enough free currency"

No one is really buying the lootboxes for events unless they are going for the Heirloom on offer, or just happen to only have exactly 700 coins lying around.

• Options
    Man I have no idea what is up with the matchmaking in this game
    Just got carried to two wins in a row with two different teams, where the fuck were all these people when I used to play this back in like launch and season 5 lmao

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    If it isn't ranked, I don't think there is matchmaking.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    There's definitely some sort of matchmaking in non-ranked games, if you start a new account you'll be put in lobbies with other newer players, but whether it extends beyond a couple of beginner/experienced pools I don't know. I don't think there's any specific matchmaking going on for who gets put in one squad, that's just randomised from players in the lobby I think.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Nothing like getting a yellow loot box from the season pass, and getting excited for a yellow something, and it's a banner frame! Yay!

ughhhhhhhhh

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Nothing like getting a yellow loot box from the season pass, and getting excited for a yellow something, and it's a banner frame! Yay!

ughhhhhhhhh

Oh, I got 2 yellows in a single box yesterday.

A banner frame and a bobblehead weapon charm!

• Options
    To be fair I quite like the bobblehead charms, but they need to add more guns so I can use all these charms! Or let me string them together like a 2008 phone accessory. The gold banner frames are always a disappointment though, most of them look actively worse than the static frames.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I love that gold Loba frame with the god-awful cartoon Loba kicking a soccer ball into a child or whatever. It's so bad that it wraps back around to amazing.

• Options
    To be fair I quite like the bobblehead charms, but they need to add more guns so I can use all these charms! Or let me string them together like a 2008 phone accessory. The gold banner frames are always a disappointment though, most of them look actively worse than the static frames.

how dare you, Pathfinder's open a can of whoop-ass frame is an instant classic

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    There's definitely some sort of matchmaking in non-ranked games, if you start a new account you'll be put in lobbies with other newer players, but whether it extends beyond a couple of beginner/experienced pools I don't know. I don't think there's any specific matchmaking going on for who gets put in one squad, that's just randomised from players in the lobby I think.

Anecdotally I feel like there's some kind of matchmaking based off team composition.

When I play by myself I run into a lot of wood tier players, playing with Metaghost the skill level increases and I see some players that are very good. Playing with both him and a third in the party I encounter sweatlords that I definitely don't see solo.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'm really happy about the no-fill option, so I can be anti-social in this team-based shooter game.

I loved that one time solo mode event from way back. No-fill in the duos queue is close enough.

• Options
    No-fill is great for hot dropping my "play two matches as Rampart" so I can warm up a bit before playing actual matches.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    KaruwenKaruwen Registered User regular
    Used all my crafting material to grab the event Loba skin, too cool to resist, and her little helmet plume has motion physics so it wobbles around all over the place, which is hilarious.

Got a pretty decent game early on, mostly carried by a Bang who knew what she was doing, almost threw the whole thing when I thought my team were pushing into a building and went for a flank through a window only to find myself all alone, but we managed to scrape through that mishap and hold a strong position in the final ring with my ramparts. I like the heat shield dome so far, it's a neat feature. Also the R301 is basically a laser beam, huh? Even I feel like I can aim that thing pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjrmYEzcwe8

On the other hand I've had a whole bunch of this happening recently, which is pretty frustrating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRhcQJsOvnM

Do they have a place you're supposed to send clips of bugs in when you encounter them? I guess this one is pretty common and recurring, but I would like to not have to deal with it anymore!

I saw a Reddit video that suggested you jump when activating the bracelet. It seemed to work every time then. I haven't tested it myself, but worth a shot maybe?

Steam, Xbox Live & PSN : Karuwen
  • Options
    I'll certainly bear that in mind for next time, thank you.

What a weird fix if true!

• Options
    The twittersphere has some info that wasn't listed in the patch notes.

Gibby's arm shield now has damage spillover, so if you hit it with a kraber shot and it's only got 1hp left the remainder will hit Gibby
    They decreased the smoke particle count for gibralter, Caustic Gas and Bangalore making them much easier to see through.

Confirmed by Devs though not included in patch notes.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

As the loading screen will occasionally remind us, one can early 1200 crafting materials from each Battlepass. Add in those from apex packs (events, passes, levelling, purchased, etc) and accruing enough for an epic or two (or a single legendary now and then) isn't impossible, but if you're not putting in money during pack sales or something, yet, it takes quite some time to build up a good number of them.

I imagine this event in particular will have a lot of the items rarer than usual, since many people (yours truly included) blew all of their crafting mats on the 2nd anniversary event to offset the cost of buying into the heirloom shards.

I had like 10,000 saved up for that event, between several seasons of rarely buying anything with crafting materials and some bulk pack purchases during opportunities to get them over the last year or so.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Anyone know who the Australian voice over person is supposed to be in this event? What in-game char, I mean.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Anyone know who the Australian voice over person is supposed to be in this event? What in-game char, I mean.

We don't know her name, but its the lady who tried to blow up Fuse in his intro video.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Magell wrote: »

We don't know her name, but its the lady who tried to blow up Fuse in his intro video.

It's Mad Maggie. She said it in her voiceover, just now heard it. Thanks =).

vamen on
  • Options
    Yeah, it's a direct tie in to this season's lore comic where she also shows up as the antagonist.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

It's Mad Maggie. She said it in her voiceover, just now heard it. Thanks =).

I thought she said her name, but google results lied to me and said it was unknown.

Damn you internet!

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Now that "no fill" is an option, I wonder if Respawn can do anything about teammates who solo drop in squads.

Last match one teammate immediately solo dropped then died, and the other was AFK until they died. Lame.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    It feels like people are doing that for the "play two games as x" daily, which is impossibly lame and why wouldn't you just play the game, but that's where I've seen it a few times.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Peen wrote: »
    It feels like people are doing that for the "play two games as x" daily, which is impossibly lame and why wouldn't you just play the game, but that's where I've seen it a few times.

That’s literally one of the reasons Respawn gave for including the no-fill mode, just wanting to get challenges out of the way.

It’s just not the default option, and doesn’t seem to persist between matches/sessions, so you get people ruining other people’s matches still.

ronzo on