Options

[Apex Legends]: Breakout is here! 5 years of ApeLegs!

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    A good loadout I settled on was, round 1 spitfire, and then after that fully loaded bow with a Pistol or Alternator for close up

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    Just tried it, definitely comes with a 6x at 1-star.

Ah, I see, the initial version does have a 6x, but then, if you upgrade it, it automatically swaps to a 2x, I must've always upgraded the longbow without thinking.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Alternator is so slept on because it’s slightly lower dps but it’s so much easier to one clip someone I think it more than makes up for it

616610-1.png
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Alternator is so slept on because it’s slightly lower dps but it’s so much easier to one clip someone I think it more than makes up for it

The devs have mentioned this in the patch notes before. At most levels of play the alternator is statistically the better gun.

The satisfaction of one clipping someone with an R99 is hard to beat though.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The R-45 is way easier to shoot middle distance, I really like it too. The thing is, that every now and again an r-99 will win a fight just by having all the bullets hit, even for the unskilled. And that is both memorable and valuable.

In other news, I was no doubt the Most Hated Player in my win just now...... 6 kills with 900 damage at the end, but it was 5 kills with 350 damage after a lot of Mayhem at Trials. We fourth partied the third partiers, just a pile of boxes.
    Then we ran and ran for position, having 2 of our chasing teams run into each other and both die to zone while we kept running..... and circled all the way around the fifth circle, until we had high ground on the other 2 teams, and just denied them entry into zone. WW1 style cruelty.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I may give Arena a try eventually it seems to alleviate many of the problems I have with BRs.

That said I could still see ragequitters being an issue but that's every competitive game.

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    I unlocked Loba as per this thread suggestions and I love her. Her passive is rad, her tactical is rad. Teleporting on top of a building or behind a wall to flank people hard is amazing. The Black market also makes me feel like I'm being a good team mate :P Got my first win with her as well teamed up with two randoms who were just as aggressive as I was. I mean we picked our fights and when to rush, but most teams just don't seem prepared for 3 people to rush them at once.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    I gotta say the bow has probably got to be the most OP gun in Apex's history.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Tried to play this with my friends today, I was finally able to get them to play after telling them for months.
    They downloaded the game last night, logged in, and one of them was banned. Turns out, he played back in season 1 and 2, and then between then and now some Chinese guy (he looked at his EA account history) hacked his account, cheated, and got banned.

Now we have to wait for EA Support to fix his account, which can be anywhere from 1 week from now to actually never. I hope it works, he was level 74 and had Wattson and 1 or 2 other folks unlocked.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    finnith wrote: »
    I gotta say the bow has probably got to be the most OP gun in Apex's history.

Having used it, and have it used on me a bit more, I'm inclined to agree.

I'm not sure, but it feels like the projectile diameter is huge or something. I land way more shots with it than something comparable like the scout. Maybe it's the lack of spray pattern, or perhaps just confirmation bias?

I do think that how quiet it is should not be overlooked. I've got a very nice set of headphones, so at this point I can pretty accurately know where someone is when they start shooting. Bocek's silence mean you have to rely on the particle effect of that arrows itself.

Whatever it is, with a 3x on it, it rules the roost across the middle engagement ranges. Keep your favourite SMG/shotty on hand for CQC and you're golden!

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I would be so mad

But also impressed

• Options
    i mean really if everyone or even just one team all just shot him while he was on the trident it would be an easy down

the fact that it's 2 full teams fighting each other while he does gasman things and heals back up is what lets him get away with it

• Options
    Still, I'd dissolve into saline solution if I was the last person getting bumped out the circle

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    god, I just can't secure wins
    one gibralter outplayed my entire team after we had a phenomenal round, he just had infinite healing

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I find that when I'm newly back to the game I end up losing a lot of close fights, I don't know what it is but it takes me a few days to get back into the Apex flow and then suddenly I'm winning fights I used to be losing. I know I'll get there but man it's frustrating in the early going.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Finally got my first win of the season, on Mirage of all Legends. I don't play him much, but ended up with enough damage, revives, and bamboozles to feel that I wasn't dead weight on the team.

Hopefully one of many eventually, but since I ground up to Plat last split, and am actively avoiding ranked for this one, I'm kind of getting sick of Olympus, especially since aside from the Icarus showing up and a few tendrils, there really wasn't that much of a change (at least compared to what the usual adjustments have been like to KC and WE since I started).

Probably doesn't help that all the randoms still want to hot drop into Estates or one of the other standard spots.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    god, I just can't secure wins
    one gibralter outplayed my entire team after we had a phenomenal round, he just had infinite healing

The pressure trying to secure the final 3v3 is reeeeeeal.

I get securing a single kill pressure. Constantly seem to be able to get someone down to their last 10hp or so, and then flub an entire clips worth of ammo or something equally daft :bigfrown:

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Dang, they upped the requirements for some of the 3* daily challenges and I just cannot reliably hit them, just wasted two hours trying to get 20 knocks on arenas and I couldn't even manage that, makes me feel pretty bad about my overall ability, I tell you what!

• Options
    I do like the one free reroll per day, and getting to choose whether or not it's for the arenas. I currently have zero interest in those, so rerolling a 2 or 3 star to BR is nice, especially if I get something easy like finding crafting materials or outliving opponents. Those are basically freebies. Getting knocks is so inconsistent for me, I just ignore them. Many games I'm lucky to get one, other games I go on a rampage and get 4 or 5. A knock based challenge can take a couple of games or I can fail to complete it across a marathon session.

If I was running with a full group I might give it a whirl, but I hate disconnectors and short handed groups in BR as it is. There's no way I'm 2 or 1 v 3'ing an enemy squad unless they give me a massive handicap, let alone doing so multiple times.

• Options
    i think i am going to wait for the Bocek to be nerfed before trying arenas

dealing with it in BR is bad enough

• Options
    They're definitely going to need to do something about the DCs in Arenas. Seems like if you go 2 rounds down, regardless of how they were fought, you're likely to get a leaver.

• Options
    I was thinking they could do with adding a leave penalty timer like they do for ranked, though that doesn't do anything for unfortunate DCs or no fill squads.

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Man had some terrible games yesterday, just death on drop after death on drop, but just had a banger session. Earned my first wrath badge (with Loba) in an insanely hard fought game. We dropped h
    Just above estates, then moved in to third party a fight and then it just didn't stop for like 5 minutes, new teams constantly rolling it. We only stayed solvent in ammo thanks to the power of the black market. Finished third after team fight in the apartment building place got away from us. That game sold me on the r99for cqb.

Got a cheeky win when a friend and I ended up in a squad with a random valk and we had the duuuuuumbest time. Dropped hydroponics and I got randomly ambushed an drowned and finished by a lone octane. Got respawned but by that time we hadn't had much time to loot so we had to rely on valk to carry us to safety. Then my friend got downed in a fight and we had to respawn him as the shield closed around us (thabks heatshields) and it ended up being this desoperate bunny hop across the map towards the rift spending heaps of time getting burnt.
    We finally stabilised in the rift and had finally got some decent gear together and we realised we were top 3.
    And the other 2 teams were fighting each other already.
    So we just rolled in and wrapped up. I think we ended up on like 3 kills total for the squad, one each.
    Felt rude, but also totally brilliant considering how terrible and scrappy our entire game had been.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Wow we're saved from 3 more weeks of bocek legends

So realistically the bocek is still strong, but the dmg nerf and ammo nerf should do quite a bit to reign in the rampant use and punish people for just spamming arrows

Orphane on
  • Options
    That's still a shitload of arrows for people actually trying to use it, I think these changes are more than fair. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets touched again down the line but, so far nice!

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    3 -> 4 bodyshots now needed to bring down purple shields, that’s pretty huge.

• Options
    The nature of it allows you to play kinda like the Wingman and do the sidestep back into cover between shots, I think they realize these burst damage guns gotta have some downsides

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Mm, being able to crack any level of shield with two body shots was pretty strong, but this feels like a more reasonable baseline at least.

Naturally they bop the spitfire back down just when I got a '40 arena knocks with LMGs' challenge to do! Speaking of which I'm kinda digging Rampart in arenas, obviously the more predictable ring is good for her set-up playstyle, but being able to make your own chokepoints also comes in handy.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Have Respawn fixed Wattson's fences yet?

Been trying to keep an eye on update notifications, but haven't seen it mentioned yet.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Been trying to keep an eye on update notifications, but haven't seen it mentioned yet.

I read that they were working on a fix but it wasn't ready yet. What's wrong with the fences?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    I wasn’t too mad at the bow originally but it’s gotten under my skin the last couple nights. So I’m very glad to see it’s been a bit nerfed

I had started to start bitching about it which is bad. I think it is probably still a bit OP based on those numbers but we will have to see.

Also has anyone else noticed BR being pretty easy and arena just stacked now? I haven’t played much BR but I’ve got 5 wins and some of my best kill/ damage games

Meanwhile every other arenas round has masters/preds with 4K and 20 kill badges..

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    Makes sense because I think the 3v3 mode is Apex pushing into esports territory

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    stopgap wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »

I read that they were working on a fix but it wasn't ready yet. What's wrong with the fences?

The fences shocking and reducing player movement speed was, apparently, linked to the removed ArcStar daze effect. What this means is that people are able to just sprint freely through Wattson's fences.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    ronzo wrote: »
    3 -> 4 bodyshots now needed to bring down purple shields, that’s pretty huge.

This for me is the biggest part. Two body shots (easy to take what with the silent shots) and you need to take cover immediately, at which point you're a much more predictable target and generally very dead.

• Options
    So, there's also an Arena centric event going on for the next week. The prizes are mostly just extra stars to speed up battlepass progression, but fine, whatever, I'll give it a whirl.

And it went exactly as I expected. We got ahead by a point or two and the enemy team bailed into a failure spiral, or we lost a point or two and my team lost a player and things got worse from there.

I'm sure with a full squad of 3 who will stick it out no matter what, it'll have potential, and I get that this is no different than BR where TTV Wraiths randoms will disconnect because they got boxed, or just downed, or didn't land where they wanted, or didn't get the gun they wanted, or the legend they wanted, or because it's a day that ends in Y, but still, can't say I'm really a fan just yet.

I do like that it's a quicker/easier way to achieve some objectives, like play X Legend in a given mode, get damage with particular weapons, etc. Win or lose, short of a hot drop right out of the ship into a clusterfuck, it's probably faster than doing so in BR, so that may hold some appeal alone.

But the whole back and forth element towards a win is likely going to be a pipe dream, imo. At least, it will unless they implement some kind of leaving penalty (in which case people will just afk in base until the enemy or ring kills them...).

So as with most issues, the problem is and will remain to be "people".

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    I have yet to have anyone drop from my team in arenas. We had one where we insta-won as the other team left, but other than that it's been full teams.
    I think they need to add saving loadouts, but it's pretty decent once you get the flow of arenas, as the "no third party" factor definitely changes how you play.

• Options
    schuss wrote: »
    I have yet to have anyone drop from my team in arenas. We had one where we insta-won as the other team left, but other than that it's been full teams.
    I think they need to add saving loadouts, but it's pretty decent once you get the flow of arenas, as the "no third party" factor definitely changes how you play.

Played with a clan duo who clearly had some tactics down. They'd run to the blue crate, grab everything out of there and then dump it all behind some nice cover which we'd then play from. Worked a treat! And the other team didn't leave despite us beating them down pretty hard.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm honestly surprised in this day and age game developers still release competitive game modes that don't account for the human salt factor.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I'm honestly surprised in this day and age game developers still release competitive game modes that don't account for the human salt factor.

This whole patch does feel fairly half baked, so I'm not entirely amazed that something like this got missed.